Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 04:34 PM   #1  

Default Diet and exercise buddy wanted!

Hello everybody out there, I am looking for a diet and exercise buddy. I am a 34 year old woman from Switzerland and I have done almost all diets that exist on this planet (this sounds certainly familiar to a lot of you...). I have lost about 15 kg (33 pounds) in the last 4 years. Now I am looking to lose about 7 kg (15 pounds). They are the last ones that I want to lose - but they seem to come of a lot harder then anything else I've lost before...I am sticking to WW points at the moment and try to exercise regularly. I would like to exchange with people who are also struggeling with losing these last pounds, or people who know what works. It has been over a year now that I have tried almost anything to get rid of these extra pounds but they just seem to not come off anymore. I weigh 73 kg (161 pounds) at 167cm (5.5ft) so I guess my desired weight loss should be realistic and possible. I need help because I can't do it alone...I am stuck...
Old 09-06-2004, 02:03 PM   #2  

Hi Swisslady. I'm Maria-Titi from Chile, I turned 40 last june, I have four kids and I submit a post last friday 3rd asking for a buddy who wants to lose just 10 pounds. I'm dieting and exercising too, so I thought I could be your buddy. What do you think?
Old 09-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #3  

Default sounds great!

Hi Maria-Titi, thanks a lot for your reply. Sounds good to be buddies and exchange some thoughts and insights. I am new to this site and don't know if we just post it all here publicly or if there is a way to communicate in another form?... Glad you wrote me...
Old 09-06-2004, 03:58 PM   #4  

Swisslady, I don't know either. I'm new here too. I'll investigate ...
Old 09-06-2004, 04:08 PM   #5  

I will try to reply on your previous message that came to me as an email...I will see if that works...Let me know if you got an email from me in a little while.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:11 PM   #6  

oh no, in the email I got it said on the top that I should not answer to the email...Well, there must be a way to communicate privately...We will find out for sure...I will do some reserches on the main page, ok?
Old 09-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #7  
kami=paper/god twi=me

At the top of the screen there is a way to send private messages to each other through this site, you guys could try that ^_^ good luck, have a nice day!
Old 09-07-2004, 02:30 PM   #8  
Aussie Chick

Hi Swiss Lady, Im from Australia and im 20yrs old. I have lost and gained, lost and gained, my weight has varied between 57kg and 76kg. I am 5'5" and 73kg also, and we should weigh between 55kg-69kg according to the weight and height chart in many books. Of course if you have alot of muscle on you then you would ignore that. You said you want to lose 7kg, which will bring you down to 66kg which is a great weight right in the middle. If what you are doing is not working then you can try a few of these things:

For faster weight loss, around 1kg a week, eat 1284calories a day, and no more. Which is worked out by going 160lbs x 8 = 1284. For a slower weight loss of half a kilo a week then times by 10.

Do some weightlifting, you will not get bulky, that doesnt happen with women unless their on drugs. If will speed up your metabolism and you will be burning more calories resting then you usually would, plus you will be stonger and look more toned.

Make an effort to do more cardio each day. For someone of our weight, we burn around 600calories per hour jogging. So if you can jog for 30mins, you will have burnt off 300calories, think of 300 calories as a nice meat and salad sandwhich with a little dressing. If walking is more your thing, power walk for 1hr and you have burnt 300calories.
You will get a more effective cardio workout from walking or jogging, then bike or other machines, because your body has to support your weight while exercising.
The rowing machine is also a good piece of equipment as it works your legs and arms at the same time.

Join a Gym, or just work out your own little exercise program. Try to do some exercise every day, even if it is just 10minutes, it's better then nothing!

Obviously whatever you are doing now is not working, so do something different.
Dont eat heaps of carbs, dont eat low carbs, just try moderate amounts, like no more then 150g a day. Make it carbs which come from fruits, and wholemeal/wholegrain breads and wholemeal pasta's, plus all that fibre will fill you up, you wont feel hungry.

Drink more water! And more often. I have noticed that by drinking alot of water i lose weight faster then when not drinking as much water. If you drink really icy cold water with lots of ice cubes, for every glass, after the day ends you have burnt 50 calories, from your body working harder to get it back to its proper temperature. I found that information on a few sites, they all said around 50 calories, which hey is better then nothing.

Eat more protein, not heaps more, but for eg, if your eating spaghetti bolongaise, go easy on the pasta, but dont hold back on the meat sauce, make sure it's lean , not cooked in much oil(olive oil is fine dont worry about that, but still not like tons of it) and drained of fat.

Try to have a cup or two of veggies a day.

Goodluck and let us know how you are going.

Last edited by flutter; 09-07-2004 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:40 PM   #9  

Default thanks kamitwi and flutter

thank you you two for the responses. I appreciate it very much!!

Flutter you have an immense knowledge, wow!! It is always amazing to realize how much we all know about calories, nutrition, exercises, etc...and still it is so hard to lose weight. I get so impatient when I don't lose weight the way I want it and then I give up because I get frustrated. Maybe I have to stop the "I want it all and now" mentality...
Closed Thread