Old 11-16-2004, 12:30 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 286/232/170

I am back in my own home now!!!!

And I've decided not to go to WW today (can't face it after all)

Having said that though, I've made a concerted effort not to eat sweet things today, so hopefully I'll start feeling better soon.

Well done on your loss Brandy (and yes, it's a pain that men lose weight far easier!!!! )

Jo
britjo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:38 AM   #62  
A woman of ACTION

Hi guys! Just a quick pop in to apologize for my neglect of this thread. Congrats to everyone on their renewed energy. I'm still plodding along. Have lost about 3 pounds since last weigh in, but official one won't be until the end of the month. Will let you know what's happened.

Lorraine
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:51 AM   #63  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Brandy, well done on your loss, that's great, keep it up!

I just can't seem to keep on track for longer than a few days at a time ... TOM arrived this week and I've not stopped munching!! When I've gone over my limit I feel really guilty and depressed, and I give myself a good talking to, something along the lines of, "You're never going to get rid of this fat if you carry on like this!" ... then I feel really angry with myself and more determined do better the next day ... but it just doesn't happen! No matter how angry or depressed I get about my weight, I just can't seem to DO IT!!! What the **** is the matter with me?! I hate myself the way I am, but I continue to add to my problem by eating more than I need to ... making me hate myself even more! How I wish I had the answer .....

Sorry about that girls ... hope everyone else is doing better than I am.

For some reason I'm not getting any emails when there's been new posts ... wonder why that is?

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 286/232/170

I haven't been getting e-mails either, but I just looked at the additional options and according to that I'm not subscribed to the thread (since when??????)

Nichola, you sound so like me. I hate the way things are, berate myself frequently about it....and then go mooching for stuff to eat all the time. I wish food wasn't such an issue. Other people manage, so why not us?
britjo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:39 PM   #65  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey all! Is everyone getting ready for T-day? I was going to rename it the Day of Mourning, as the Native Americans do, and have a reading before we eat but my sister said she would kick the crap out of me if I did.

What is everyone planning to make?
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:26 AM   #66  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

My husband drew the short straw and has to work T-giving this year. I hope it won't be a long day. I plan to get up and spend the morning in my jammies watching the parade on tv and then I'll cook later and we'll have dinner together. I don't know what we'll have. I'm not a huge fan of turkey but I'll think of something. As he's not from the US he doesn't have any attachment to the traditional stuff anyway. Maybe we'll have gumbo.

ETA: My official weigh in day isn't till Monday but I wanted to see what my ticker would look like as it changed, so I used my weight from this morning. Neat!

Last edited by NicoleNYC; 11-19-2004 at 10:28 AM.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:00 AM   #67  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Hi guys! I'm still hanging in. M had a horrible week work wise and it sort of spilled over into everything else. It's hard to plan correctly when you end up in the office five hours longer than you planned. I'm hoping he can get back on track this week because he was really pleased after having lost his first bit (e-hem, ten pounds) of weight.

I'm still hanging in. Horrible PMS so I'm thinking of just hiding the scales till it's over. The fake water weight always throws me. I KNOW it's fake but it's still depressing!

Take care,
B

ETA: Removed the ticker. Apparently it's slowing things down for some people. We haven't been asked to, but it seems like the easiest thing for now. And it's not that big a deal so eh. There ya go

Last edited by NicoleNYC; 11-22-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:15 AM   #68  

Hi Girls,

Still struggling along ... no change this week Just can't seem to stay on track.

Brandy, I know what you mean about it being hard to plan correctly when working long hours ... I don't work long hours but Nick does. I try to plan meals in advance, but 9 times out of 10 all my plans are scuppered when he has to work late ... which is quite frequently. It's difficult to plan meals when you don't know what time to get them ready ... not everything can be reheated if hubby is home late, and you don't always want a cold salad! Sometimes, he'll pop out to grab something to eat if he's working late at the office (usually not very healthy) and I end up grabbing anything that's quick and easy as I can't be bothered to cook something decent just for myself ... the kids usually eat earlier or don't like what I want for dinner! ... It's a nightmare!! No wonder I'm never successful at this dieting game!!

Nichola
Old 11-27-2004, 01:59 AM   #69  
Raised By Wolves

Hi All! I survived Thanksgiving. Just finished doing the rest of the dishes and cleaning up from yesterday.

Are we all ready for an after T-day/Christmas challenge? Say 10lbs? Or 5 will do. I'm still journaling my food and feel like I've lost a few but am terrified to get on the scale. I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting me that I may have lost 2-3 lbs.

I told my husband that I'd wait up for him but he won't get in from work till 3 or 4 a.m. and I know I'll be hungry at that time. It will have been 8 hours since my last meal so I'll be feinding for some food.

Well got to run off. Hope everyone else is doing good. Take care and talk to you soon.

Raff

Last edited by RaffaellaBella; 11-27-2004 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:29 AM   #70  

Hi All

Hope those of you who were celebrating had a great Thanksgiving Day

Raff, I wouldn't mind starting a mini challenge ... I've got to do something! So many social engagements coming up over the next couple of weeks though (all involving food!!), that it's going to be difficult, but I really do have to try ... simply can't go on like this!

There's just 4 weeks left now until Chirstmas. My dream of being at goal by then has long since been destroyed by my pathetic efforts to lose weight However, it doesn't mean that I have to wait until the new year to do something about it, does it? No time like the present, as they say, right? Just trotting off to the scales for weigh-in ... back in a minute with the results ... ok, back up to 179 ... I'm going to give myself a mini challenge of 7lbs by 24 December ... it'll be a start. Anyone else up for it?

Nichola
Old 11-27-2004, 12:51 PM   #71  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Hi guys! We didn't do much for T-Day. Didn't know till the last minute that M would even be home for it. Just started TOM so no loss showing for me this week. Still plugging away - three weeks from today, we'll be visiting my family. I'm just hoping to stay OP and continue doing WATP five days a week until then. SO far so good, but no huge loss. I'd just like to be back comfortably in the 230s.

M got me this neat little mp3 thing that also does video - so I can rip my WATP DVDs to do while we're at home which is great because I always have energy to burn while we're there and the parents have moved to the country - I am SO VERY NOT walking all those country roads when it's deer season!

So ok girls, just a few more weeks till Christmas - let's make them count.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:43 AM   #72  
A woman of ACTION

Hi everyone!

I've been busy, but not too bad. Been pretty consistent with exercise, terrible with food. Mini goals this week are 4 visits to Curves and 8 glasses of water every day. That's it, and I know I can do it.

Lorraine
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:20 AM   #73  

Default Want to scream!!!!

Helloooooo ... is anyone out there?????

Hope everyone is doing ok. I lost 2.5lbs last week but it was a struggle!

Had a very depressing week which is the reason why I've not been around for a while. Had to go to Nick's company Christmas "do" on Saturday and spent about 4 hours in Marks & Spencer on Friday trying desperately to find something to wear!! Until now, I've always managed to find something to fit, even if I wasn't totally happy with it. Unfortunately, this time it was a BIG problem. M & S is just about the only shop in HK that sells clothes up to a size UK18 (occasionally 2 or 3 items in a size UK20). I couldn't believe it when I discovered that I could no longer fit into their size 18's. Eventually managed to find a pair of trousers to fit ... after several visits to the changing rooms!! ... But the tops had me near to tears!! ... the buttons gaped open or they were so tight and clingy that they showed every single lump and bump. Finally, after trying on about 20 tops (yes, 20!!) it was with great relief that I found a black crossover top which was quite smart and I couldn't get out of the store fast enough!!

Well, this episode is probably the wake-up call that I've been needing. I no longer have a choice but to get serious about losing weight. There are no longer any shops in HK where I can buy clothes to fit, so there is only one thing for it. I've actually felt physically sick all weekend when I've thought about what I went through ... I'm telling you, I was totally desperate and I don't want to go through that again.

To make me feel even worse (sorry girls, this is going to bore you but I need to get it off my chest!), Nick is doing a charity walk in March with some friends ... they have to have a team of four people, so along with Nick there's his friend and his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's friend (does that make sense? ). They started their team training on Sunday ... now normally when Nick goes walking he's out for a couple of hours ... However, on Sunday he was gone for 6 hours!!!! He gave me no reason to believe that he was going to be gone for so long and I spent all day Sunday waiting for him to come home ... I was furious!! I wasted the whole day when I could have taken Sophie to the cinema or gone shopping! He wondered why I was so p***** o** with him when he came home! He did actually admit that he didn't realise himself that they would be gone for so long until they started, but he could have called me to let me know! Now, tell me I'm being stupid, but I've got this terrible feeling inside me ... jealousy! I actually feel terribly jealous that he's walking with these other women ... I know I'm being stupid ... these women are also friends of mine (although not close friends) so I know there's nothing going on (I hope!), but I can't stop feeling this way. It's all my own fault ... If I was slim and fit, then I would be making up the foursome for the team ... but it's a very difficult walk and I simply wouldn't be able to cope with it. I'm feeling extremely insecure and all sorts of awful things are going through my mind ... I've never felt this way before and it's worrying! Has anyone else ever felt this way? ... Tell me I'm not going mad? Nick has never, ever given me cause to doubt him before ... and if I'm honest with myself, he's not giving me any now either ... but why do I feel this way???

Sorry girls about all the depression ... I really needed to vent!!

Nichola
Old 12-08-2004, 12:49 AM   #74  
Raised By Wolves

Hello my fellow chickies! I'm doing okay. I have a HUGE cold/flu so I'll be pulling out of the Christmas mini-challenge - just don't feel up to following a foodplan and exercising.

Nichola - It's good to vent! That's what we're here for, and you are not mad, you're human. I don't think there is any other woman who can say that she hasn't felt that way at some point.

Brandy, Lorraine, and anyone else I'm forgetting in my hazy, foggy, flu flu head - I hope you are all well!

Take care,
Raff
Old 12-08-2004, 01:08 AM   #75  

Raff, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, there's lots of colds/flu going around here too at the moment ... hope I don't catch it in time for Xmas!! Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Thanks for telling me I'm not mad! Going out with the girls from work tonight for a Chirstmas dinner ... this won't do my weight loss any good but I'm looking forward to having a "girlie night out" ... should be fun ... just what I need right now!!

Nichola