Old 11-10-2004, 12:58 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay, I finished The Guardian and must say it was good! While I agreed with Jana about it being predictable, the predictable part was that you knew she would end up with the guy in the end. But the rest was totally not predictable. I totally didn't expect everything else that happened, crazy stuff. Don't want to say too much in case others want to read it. On to another book. I am going to start Private Pleasures by Bertrice Small.
Happy reading ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #32  
Closed

Hi Everyone
did anyone watch Oprah today , if so what did you think of The perricone Promise do you think the book is just another scam ,he did have some valid points didn't you think. Just curious if anyone has read it, tried,and to think it takes ten years off in six weeks well thats darn right enticing .
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:03 PM   #33  
Closed

Girls didn't you hear me it takes ten years off in six weeks,and not one response I must say I am dissappointed LOL
Old 11-13-2004, 01:19 AM   #34  
Closed

Ok now you hurt my feelings
Old 11-13-2004, 06:14 AM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ellen---

Didn't have time to respond earlier, but I did see that episode and it did catch my eye!! I'm not sure it's a scam or not, but I figured hey....it' may be worth trying! I mean....10 years off in 6 weeks! that would be fantastic!
Would be interesting to read that's for sure!

Last edited by Marti; 11-13-2004 at 04:12 PM.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 10:31 AM   #36  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

WOW 10 yrs in 6 weeks..... if I do 12 weeks I can be sweet 16 again...didnt' watch the show so precisely how do I go about being 16 again.....????
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 01:33 PM   #37  
One day at a time

Sorry Ellen, I didn't see the show-don't watch Oprah much at all and can't remember the last time I did in fact watch her. Used to watch both her and Dr. Phil but grew very tired of Dr. Phil and much prefer Ellen D. to Oprah.

Anyway, finished Private Pleasures. It was okay. I think she got carried away with the whole fantasy thing and beware-I would say it is rated X for explicit sex and language. Started Four Blind Mice by James Patterson the other day when I finished the other and while I haven't wanted to put it down I did. When a book is good I get so wrapped up in the story that I want to finish it-can't wait to see what happens.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:03 PM   #38  
GmaTo8

Ellen, I do love Oprah, and get her live in the mornings from a Chicago station (when it IS live, lol) but now that it's on an hour later, sometimes I forget to tune in. Didn't see the show you mentioned, though. Don't you just love her new look? Kinda Diana Ross-ish, no?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 01:06 PM   #39  

I finally finished "F is for Fugitive" by Sue Grafton. Of coarse it was just as good as her other books.

This time I actually had a sense to who it was.......and I was right! I should become dectective.....want a partner Angie??

Not sure what book I'm going to read next, but I will let you know when I do.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #40  
One day at a time

I am still working on Four Blind Mice but took a break from it when I saw a Christmas book in the store. It's The Trouble with Angels and a good Christmasy book, for some reason I am in the mood for those. It's about 3 different people, one lost his wife and seems to have given up on everything, and he is a preacher, the other a divorced woman who hates the ex and is very bitter and wants nothing to do with any man again, and another who is single and is friends with an elderly woman who just so happens to have a nice grandson but who is engaged to this witch of a woman, and throw in the three angels, Shirley, Goodness & Mercy who try to fix it all-cute. A good Christmas book, good for the soul. Going to finish it today.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:59 AM   #41  
One day at a time

I know it is a busy time for everyone but is anyone reading anything good?

I did finish The Trouble With Angels and that was such a cute book. About half-way thru Four Blind Mice just been too busy to read since finishing the one above. I may try to get some reading done today in between chores and all. I am wanting to get that book done to see what happens and then probably won't start anymore till after the New Year. Need to concentrate on other things.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:31 PM   #42  

I'm still reading at work. Been reading "The Taking" from Dean Kootnz. It's different. I've heard from a few people that it starts out really good, but doesn't end as good. Well so far, it's good...but I can't see where it's going. (still liking it though)

I will continue reading on my lunch breaks. 45mins. is a long time to have a break...and at night, there is no where to go so sitting in one spot reading helps the time go by!
Old 12-27-2004, 07:44 PM   #43  

Ok...I finished the book "The Taking" and was surprised at how it didn't end well. I mean, it just ended. Where it seemed like the book was really suppose to start.....I was done!!

It was a good idea for the book, but it really made no sense to me where it was going and how he had ended it.

Dean Kootnz is a good author and have enjoyed his books...but this one I don't recommend at all. Unless you'd like to see for yourself (which is what I did!!)

I've started another Dean Kootnz book....forgot the name of it off hand, it's in my car. So far so good!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Old 12-28-2004, 11:27 AM   #44  
PamPSM644

Book Club. Terrific! I love books,have a bunch. Love Dean Koontz,Stephan King,Ann Rice,mysteries of all kinds . I'm reading one called "The House Next Store" right now. Not into it far enought to say if it's good or not.What are you reading?
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:52 AM   #45  
One day at a time

I am still working on Four Blind Mice-got a little side tracked. Also, started Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge again. Hoping it helps me this time.