3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Our own little Book Club if you will #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/47270-our-own-little-book-club-if-you-will-2-a.html)

FrouFrou 09-28-2004 01:54 PM

Our own little Book Club if you will #2

Hi Ladies~

Feel free to share your favorite Authors, books or your most recent reads or past favorites.

I just finished D is for Deadbeat by Sue Grafton and must say I thought it was quite good. So far I have read A thru E and for the most part they were good. Started on F is for Fugitive but didn't get too far with it. I did get R when I first joined the book club as it was the monthly selection but I won't read it for a while. After F I will be moving on to something different. I think I burned myself out on the detective stories, for now anyway.

So, what have you recently read? Or what are you reading now?

FrouFrou 10-03-2004 01:16 PM

Well, I finished the Sue Grafton books, not all of them but the ones I have except for R. Will save that for another time. DD checked out The DaVinci Code and thought it was really good so I thought I would start on it. It is just a 7 day loan and she finished it yesterday morning and I started it last night. Didn't get too far but I have to return it Wednesday-a lot of reading before then.

suetalks 10-03-2004 10:40 PM

I just read Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich...you know the Stephanie Plum bounty hunter books. I swear my hubby thinks I am crazy because I sit in my chair and keep giggling. Even had a few outright bellybuster laughs. These books are that funny. I will read a James Patterson book next.

Marti 10-05-2004 10:15 AM

I'm almost at the end of "E is for Evidence" never seems to be enough time during my lunch break!! :D Will be changing authors to give myself a rest. I'm like you Cristina....Sue Grafton writes well, but you just can't keep reading book after book....it would be like a book that never ends! :lol:

Marti 10-07-2004 01:05 PM

I finally finished "E is for Evidence"......I was wrong once again on who did it. I love it when a book can keep me guessing! :D

I just started another book, "Blind Side" by Catherine Coulter...I'm liking it so far Cristina, thank you so much for sending it to me.

I will keep you posted as I go!

da fat n da furious 10-07-2004 11:20 PM

Half way through Mary Higgens Clarks book Nightime is my Time. Very good, half way through the book and still no idea of who dunnit.
Angie

FrouFrou 10-12-2004 12:50 PM

You are welcome Marti! Let me know what you think when you are finished-if you liked it or not.

Angie~what do you think about Nighttime is my Time? Have you finished it? I read that one a while back. I liked it, but then I like all of Mary Higgins Clark. I have been reading her stuff for years.

I am still working on The DaVinci Code and once I am done with that I am starting The Notebook, then The Wedding and The Guardian.

Jane~did you ever read The Guardian? If so did you like it. I finally received it in the mail. Got a deal if I ordered the two (The Wedding & The Guardian) together. Also, got another one but can't remember offhand the name of it. It is along the same lines as those three but a different Author.

da fat n da furious 10-12-2004 06:11 PM

I really enjoyed Nighttime is my Time, found it stuck with me for a bit. I am reading another book right now, by Mary Jane Clark,,,,and of course I can't remember it. I then have Sandra Brown's newest book ready in the wings...

suetalks 10-12-2004 10:45 PM

I am reading Wedding Ring by Emilie Richards. It is very entertaining so far. I just read The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve and enjoyed it alot. My DD gave me a 4 book series by Fern Michaels which I might start next. I can take those with me when we go West if I have to. I always take used books when we travel, just in case I leave one somewhere.... we buy used from the library.

suetalks 10-24-2004 11:08 PM

Okay, no one else reading? Am I the only one being lazy? I just finished reading a perfectly lovely book by Debbie Macomber called "The Shop On Blossom Street." It was fairly new to the library. A good book and a feel good ending, a fast read.

Jane 10-25-2004 09:10 AM

Sorry to take so longer answering you, Cristi, but I haven't been to this thread for a while! I like the style of writing the author of The Guardian has, but the book was totally predictable!

I'm reading #3 in the Anne of Green Gables series. I had never read all of them - there're 8! But like some of you, I like to switch authors after 1 or 2 by the same one. I don't have anything else in reserve, so must make a stop at the bookstore in Evansville soon.

Happy reading!!

FrouFrou 10-25-2004 12:26 PM

I'm still reading Sue, or trying to. Got a little busy and never did finish The DaVinci Code-it had to be returned to the library. I still do want to read it though and will just buy it as I need to be in a mood for that type of reading. I started The Notebook yesterday afternoon and did not put it down till I was done. I have to say it was good and now I want to see the movie. I just love a good love story and this one was a little different, better. It also reminded me of my relationship with DH#1-we were that close and he always wrote me poems that I still have in a photo album. One he had published in a Poetry book. Anyway, going to start The Wedding today and then move on to The Guardian. What 4 series Fern Michaels books are you reading? I just read the Kentucky ones and loved them! And now want to read The Vegas and the other one, can't remember what it was. I had bought the first Kentucky one on sale at the bookstore not knowing till I finished it that it was a series of three and that I should have started the other two series first. Well, you don't necessarily have to start the other ones first but it is about the same family so...one day I will get them and read them.

Jane, that is okay. I have been checking the thread once in a while and didn't see any new posts so haven't posted myself. I have to say I have read all of the Anne of Green Gables and loved them! One of my friends a few years ago had them and told me I should read them. I set them down and then picked one up one day and didn't put them down till I read them all. I also saw the movie/series but didn't like it as much. So did you actually like The Guradian? I do know what you mean about being predictable, I thought the same about the Sue Grafton ones, especially after reading so many in a row!!! I may go back to reading some more of them later, much later but for now I am moving on.

FrouFrou 10-27-2004 12:46 PM

The Notebook was so good it made me want to see the movie but I am struggling to get through The Wedding. You don't have to actually read The Notebook to read The Wedding but Jane is the daughter of Noah and Allie from The Notebook and it refers to some and their love story. We should start rating the books we read, LOL.

Marti 10-27-2004 03:01 PM

Cristi---I'm half way through "Daddy's Girl" Very good so far. I'm really wanting to see how it ends. I can't thank you enough for sending me those books!

Thank You!

da fat n da furious 10-28-2004 01:07 AM

Hi Just finished reading Nora Roberts Entranced. Going onto Sandra Browne's newest...
I did a library run a couple of days ago, picked one other book called Spy Girl,,,and laughed so much...its about a woman who becomes a PI, a true story. And boy do I see similarities.
I like Fern Micheals too, and started her woman warrior series,,,well I read the first one and have been waiting for more....
Angie