Old 10-01-2004, 11:53 AM   #31  

Carri
Julie
Faye

Carri: Hope you love the new position.

SandyB That is terrific about the kids!

Julie: Bet it ie beautiful there this time of year!

So sorry some of you are TOM. Me too, except right now just cramping, breasts from **** and then top it off with menopausal symtoms from ****! You know, I was only 10 when I started TOM and feel I deserve a respite!

I have done terrible for 2 weeks now. I keep up the water and exercise but not program. I am going to have to make myself journal foods again and keep track. I have gained numerous lbs from all this and feel crummy.

Everyone have a terrific day!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 12:31 PM   #32  

Hey, Faye...
I was just fooling around with my laptop and came across a program called Microsoft Task Launcher. I also have it on my regular computer, but I never bothered looking at it. It has a spreadsheet already made up for food journaling/Water tracking/AND a separate one for fitness! I was stunned. You can just type things in, or print it out blank and put it on your fridge, whatever.

I think this is a standard MS program, so I'll be many of us have it and don't even know. Since you said you wanted to start journaling again, just thought I'd mention my discovery.

Everyone have a great day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 02:17 PM   #33  
It is what it is...

What is with this all of us getting on the same cycle thing? Odd, huh? and funny ...

If I do not check in again, make sure you all have a great weekend...it is going to be a cold one here, Saturday's high is going to be around 62 degrees or so, brrrrrrr... but I am not complaining, I like the cold...

Talk later!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:04 PM   #34  

Julie: I did a search for this program (mine was under microsoft works task launcher) This is absolutely the coolest thing I have seen and it is totally free and probably everyone has one.

Girls, if you journal, do menus, want to keep track of exercise or strength training you HAVE to check this out!

Oh and I have decided to use Dr Phil's program and see if I can stick to it and stay consistent. I bought his one book because it had a great food/calorie and fat listing but read some of it today and find that I am going to try it and see what happens.

My sweet baby boy called today and said, "Nonny I would like you to go to lunch with me. Will you go with me to lunch?" Now you know I said NO! We had a lot of fun. I can't wait until I sit for him on Tues.

When we were in Vegas, Jack bought this M and M dispenser at the M and M store there. It is the plain and peanut m and m sitting on a couch like Siskel and Ebert voting for movies, and when you push plain's thumb down, m and m's come out into a popcorn container. We don't keep candy in it because he hasn't been to our house in months and we know we would eat the stuff. Well, he came back to my house to play after lunch and was so sad there was no candy so I promised him we would walk to the store on Tues (we have a 7-11 type store half a block away) and I would get m and m's to put in the machine. That boy is only a LITTLE spoiled. He was jumping on his mom and got into trouble so he came over and hopped on me. His mom said, "Thomas, I mean anybody not just me. Don't jump on them." He looked at her and said, "But mommy, Nonny doesn't mind if I jump on her, she likes it!" That child is barely 4 and told me today they had to take their dog to the veteranarian. How many kids that age know what a veteranarian is let alone how to say it? He is one sharp kid and keeps me on my toes!

Have a great weekend all!

Faye
Old 10-01-2004, 09:51 PM   #35  

Default Evening Chickies!

Feeling great this evening about everything except being on point - I have only worked out once this week, and I have not been on plan all week! But work is great, my Landmark class is awesome (my community project was approved upon presentation!), my dh will be home in two weeks, construction started on our bedroom extension, and our sunroom is done!

Feel free to check out the pics at http://www.msnusers.com/MsCatsDen!

Back to why we are here - Up to 231.5lbs. Auwwwwgh! I take full responsibility. I didn't really get tired of Atkins - I love the food choices, amounts, and frequency. I just gave into a 3 day binge! Also missed my BP med which always ends up in water retention. So much for my 227lb plateau.

Redirecting my energies starting this evening - my goal is to break 220 by the time my husband comes home from Germany.

Hope you all are doing great. mscat816 239/231.5/140
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:43 AM   #36  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have something to share?

Be back later girls.

Faye
Old 10-03-2004, 06:35 AM   #37  

NO SILLY POLL THIS WEEK!

I probably won't be back today. I have some kind of intestinal upset and I am pretty icky! Everyone have a great Sunday and I will talk to you tomorrow!

Faye
Old 10-03-2004, 11:30 AM   #38  
I Can and I Will

HELLO BEAUTIFULS! i finished my daughters room but for the canopy... and shes ragging on me to do that...lol why is it never enuf with these kids... The room does look nice tho... i am doing laundry again today... the neverending task... but its a nice sunny day out there... and its not as cold as yesterday. Hope everyone has a fantastic day... i will check back later lovelies...
love
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening chickies!

I'mmmmm back! I am all moved in and everything is in place expect for 1 box that has otc meds in it. I fell like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I was so sad Thurs night. Richard and I got the last of the stuff out and I was heartbroken. Spent so many years there and such wonderful memories. Just wanted to let everyone know that I am back going to run have some things that I need to do. NO points for OP but points for water and exercise. This is since Thurs. Hopefully things will get to where they need to be tomorrow,

hugs
sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 07:26 AM   #40  

Morning ladies,
Slow weekend on here huh? Guess everyone was out having a great weekend. I was sick all day yesterday, but feel better now.

I actually didn't go overboard this weekend (for once!)

Not much going on here. Have to get a costume done for this weekend, I'm going to a dance workshop in Canada. So, I'd better get off here and get busy.

Here's to a great week!
BBL,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:43 AM   #41  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is breaking bad habits! Now admit it, you have some! Maybe a lot maybe a few, but we all have things we need to work on and not all are food related. Take ONE bad habit and commit to eradicating it starting this week!

Morning girls!

SandyG: Glad you are all moved in comfy cozy. Hope you enjoy your new place!

Julie: Missed seeing you this weekend!

SandyB Are you a diy show watcher/ reality rebuild watcher? I watch extreme home make over every weekend and I swear each weekend they have someone I boohoo over more than the one the previous week!

Well, I am starting on Dr Phil's program this morning. These first 2 weeks are going to be tough but I know I can do it. I have to totally erase Friday though, I have a date with a cute little redhead at Chucky Cheese on Friday at lunch and with his parents for Jack and I's bd Friday evening so I decided to just chuck that day and add one at the end of the 14 start plan. I know it is not the best solution, but it is better than screwing myself all up again. I bought whole grain bread, which I am not found of only because I can't ever seem to find where it isn't awfully stale tasting and dry. I know it will never be really soft like white and that is ok, but all I seem to be able to find is the sandpaper variety. I also bought brown rice, which I have never cooked with. Anything I should know different girls?

Gotta get out and get the ole walk in then it is clean the downstairs today. Thank goodness she finally got her washer fixed and my floor is no long full of water all the time.

Faye
Old 10-04-2004, 09:32 AM   #42  
I Can and I Will

Morning Beautifuls... Faye... the only thing different is the brown rice has to cook longer... and a trick i do is add a boulion cube or some soup base to the water and rice when u begin to cook it... then u have a good flavor thruout it form the start. I cant start officially this i get to the gocery store.. which wont be til tomorrow so for today i will just be as careful as i can. i am restarting my south beach and like u faye... i know it will be hard.. but i am going to do it. I need to jump start myself... ANd yes.. i love all those shows... diy... tlc... hgtv... anything that shows how to redo or improve your home...lol Faye.. if i send u a pic of myself.. would you resixe it for me so i could use it as my avatar?? i finally had my friend take on of me...lol that i was willing to put on the puter...lmao... i would greatly appreciate it. Well i suppose i should get something done... everyone have a wonderful day.... love to u all....
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:49 AM   #43  

SandyB Sure e-mail me the pic and I will size it for you to use as your avatar.

I am going to starve to death on this rapid weight start thing. I know the purpose, but I can see where people would give up. For example, here is my meal today:

1 scrambled egg with one slice of lowfat cheese, 1 piece whole grain bread and 10 grapes

lunch: 1 cup veggie soup, serving of fruit and serving of ff cottage cheese

dinner pork chop grilled, salad with tomato and dressing

As long as I keep myself busy, even if I am hungry I don't eat. I did my walk, cleaned my downstairs, ate brk and now am going to shower and go to the library for awhile. I read 10 books last week and I have none left!

Faye
Old 10-04-2004, 11:52 PM   #44  

Default Hi Chickies!

Just checking in - had quite a weekend. Roof leaked and soaked my carpet in the hallway and ruined about 4' by 5' ceiling - a big miscommunication between sunroom folks and roofing contractors. I am beginning to really dislike contractors . Still haven't ironed it out today and I lost a half day of work waiting around for a resolution. The one contractor outright denies that I bugged him about finishing his part of the roof as the sunroom was being completed.

It's not a big deal - with all the horror stories I have heard about contractors - It was unlikely that everything would go without a hitch and it still is not as bad as other stories. To put things in perspective - my daughter's roommate is losing spinal fluid due to a fall on ice that broke his back. He has no insurance and his lawyer dropped him after he turned down a settlement offer that was not enough to cover the incurred and future medical expenses. My problems dont mean anything.

I have been on plan all day and had a great workout w/bellydancing class. Almost done with water too! Weight down to 226 again

Seems like I have a lot of catching up to do - Happy belated to you Faye and hang in there through that rapid start stage!

Sandy G - congrats on your move and remember the new memories you will create will be just as precious as the ones you from your old home.

I have school presentations all day tomorrow, must submit a procedure proprosal on the new filing system to my assist. dir, and I have to get ready for Toastmaster's meeting. So it may be the end of the week before I check in again.

Have a great week. mscat 239/226/140
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:46 AM   #45  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target today is rewards. It is important to provide yourself rewards for accomplishing goals. Don't just say, when I lose 20 lbs I will buy myself something. Pick out something important NOW and strive to earn it! It really helps to keep you on track and focused.

I survived day one of Dr Phil's new reality show, Rapid Start Survivors!

I will check in later, but I have T all day so it might be late.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 10-05-2004 at 05:48 AM.