Old 09-29-2004, 09:09 AM   #16  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies...Thanks for all of the birthday wishes...I guess turning 31 would be my Weds woe ... No, actually not...I guess my Weds woe would still be the stress of the house...last night after that hour long showing my dh went up to the bathroom and the shower nozzle was practically broken off!! It was like they didnt know how to turn it on so they just decided they would break it off if they had too...some of these people looking are sooooo inconsiderate...they move things and just leave it where they left it, I tell ya...we have some real winners on this planet

Well I will give myself two points yesterday...if you can believe it I did walk on the trail with dh, after dark and it was rainy...so got my exercise in BUT then I suggested we go eat pizza , I know weak moment...and today is the b-day pig out, so count me in for no points ( well except probably water ) for today... AND then today or tomorrow I get my TOM !!!! UGH, I might as well add on 5 pounds for Friday, huh??? hee hee

Faye - Hope you had a great birthday, and that you have fun being pampered today...so what ended up happening with the water??

Sandy - Will keep you in my prayers

Julie - I have always wanted a laptop, enjoy yours! Working at the library sounds fun.

Sandybrat, Amanda, Susan, MsCat and anyone I missed, have a good day!!
Come spill out your woes !!! ha, ha
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:28 AM   #17  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie
Carri
Faye
SandyB

Carri: Looky loos can be jerks, can't they? Who gives them the right to mess up the house of someone still living there? Hope you have great fun on your birthday today.

I could woe all over the place about the water, but it isn't your problem. We absolutely can't find the source and don't have the money for a plumber to come in and rip up walls and floors and the like. We just have to keep hunting and hope we find it. I put new towels down at 5 am this morning and as of now they are not wet at all, but I put some down last night and they were soaked this morning. We are really stymied by it though. We are going to start eliminating things this afternoon, ie the water to the fridge, under the bathroom sink, under the kitchen sink, by turning off the water to them one by one and leaving them for several hours off. It is a pain, but we have to find the source.

Julie: Glad you found yourself a laptop. They sure don't seem to be the bargain that pc's are, do they? I like to have one when we travel. I am seriously thinking of going to dsl with our phone company as AOL is driving us nuts again, kicking us off and what not.

Well, everyone have a great day! I did my walk so am off to the shower and getting ready to go with dd. Oh, guess what? She wants me to babysit T next week? How cool is that!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 09-29-2004 at 03:29 PM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 01:53 PM   #18  
I Can and I Will

Hello Ladies... only points for water yesterday... i ate and ate and ate... just stuffed all emotions down with the food.. and i knew what i was doing but damned if i could stop it. today is a bit better... i am very aware of what i was doing yesterday so i am tryint NOT to do it again today. It would be nice if hubby would get his unemployment money... all i have in the house is carbs.,.. no meat in the freezer.. i hate it...lol and it doesnt help when my emotions get the better of me. I talked with hubby, altho it didnt seem to do anything... i am still confused and i dont think he took me seriously. i guess thats par for the course for me tho. i am doing laundry today.. yippy!! LOL But its a beautiful day out here.... sunny , bright and cheery.... altho it was 36 degrees this morning when i sent dd off to school... and ds insisted on wearing shorts... guess i need to reevaluate whats improtant and whats not... so the mornings can go smoothly...lol
I hope you all have a fantastic day ladies.... take care of u...
love you all
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 03:37 PM   #19  

SandyB: Some men are no let me rephrase, ALL men are so clueless sometimes! Just keep communication open with him is all you can do. Hope today goes better for you. I know it is the pits when the food you need to eat is not in the house. Half the reason I am where I am is because I couldn't afford fruits and veggies but could afford those $ boxes of Hamb Helper to feed the family with cheap fatty burger, you know?

DD and I had a blast again today even though I put the poor woman doing my feet through her paces. Because I am flat footed and go barefoot a lot, I have a huge amount of dry and calloused skin on my heels and toes. She just kept scraping it off with that torture tool they use Actually, except when I had to hold my fat leg in the air so she could work on my heel, it wasn't uncomfortable at all. I kept freaking out in my brain I would get tired and drop my foot and flood her with the water in the spa! I have beautiful feet with bright pink toenails and fingernails now. I won't even need a light to go to the bathroom, my appendages will lead the way!

Jack will be home soon and I am trying to finish these children's books (Lemony Snicket anyone heard of them) that I promised my dd I would read. They ain't Harry Potter that is for sure and DEPRESSING! If you are one of my older ladies, did any of you read the Boxcar Children? Sort of like those where the kids are orphans and badly treated.

Have a great afternoon!

Faye
Old 09-29-2004, 05:17 PM   #20  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Ladies!

I'm just popping in to let you know that I'm away visiting my sister and the rest of my family for a week or so, so I won't be around. The good thing is she is very healthy so I won't be able to overeat!

I've been doing rubbish with my eating - feeling really down and just eating lots of takeaway - I'm hoping this week away will break the cycle. I've kept up with the swimming though - so thank heavens for small mercies!

Belated Birthday greetings to you FAYE and CARRI !!!

Good luck for the new job Sandy G.

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Real quick note here ladies. My woe is this moving thing. I called the phone company today and I was told it might be a week before my phone is hooked up. When I inquired about it over a week ago I was told it would only be a day, aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh you know these companies have their act together. Going to get going so that I can get some rest moved about 5 loads to the new place tonight and tomorrow RIchard and some of the guys that work with me are going to get the funture out so I may be finished by the weeked. Hugs to everyone!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 06:41 AM   #22  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Be sure and make time for yourself today!

SandyG: I feel for you kiddo. I moved every three years for 20 years and had to do that over and over and over and it seemed like nobody cared because they had a monopoly and no competition!

Talk to you later gals!

Faye
Old 09-30-2004, 07:31 AM   #23  

Good Morning Ladies!

3 points yesterday.....not enough water again. I actually drank alot of diet pepsi, so I'm pretty dehydrated today. I'm doing really well getting in control of my eating again, though...so I'm pretty happy about that.

SandyG--I know how exhausting moving can be. But it will soon be over and you'll be all snug in your new place. And think how many calories you'll be burning!

Amanda--Have a great time with your family! Maybe you can pick up some new recipes. And Way TO GO on your swimming....it's tough to keep exercising when you are feeling down, but it'll keep your metabolism burning nicely.

Well, gotta fly. Making a shopping list so I can get the groceries out of the way early. Also gonna check out the library today.

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 09:17 AM   #24  
It is what it is...

Morning all, had a great, great birthday night out with dh last night...we ate at my favorite italian place and then did some shopping, my thing thing this Fall is cords, cords, cords...so I saw this pink pair at Old Navy that I thought I had to have ( I already have brown ones and dk. green are on the way ) and they were on sale too!!! I grabbed a 16 and thought "well these won't fit" but guess what??? They did !!!! And to think last year around this time I was wearing a 24 in some pants...crazy where I have been and where I am now...
So as you can imagine I cannot claim any points for yesterday...am going to walk tonight with dh if the cramps do not over take me, yes started TOM this morning...hey at least it stayed away for my b-day

Faye - I am so glad you had such a great time, and it is so nice for you that you are getting to rebuild a good relationship with dd...

Julie - Have fun at the library...enjoy your day...wish I could be off to do the same...

Sandy - Everything will eventually work out with the moving thing...don't stress out...

Amanda - Have a great time with your family, great job on the swimming!!!

Check in later ladies
Old 09-30-2004, 09:34 AM   #25  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... Well.. yesterday i got points for op and h2o... no exersice... but... the scab on my foot had finally come off so i cna now wear tennis shoes without any pain... so i can walk now... yeah My plan for the day is to do my yoga this morning and set up my dd's bedroom this afternoon. Painted her day bed and the finials.. got the finials screwed on yesterday... it looks really nice... if i do say so myself...lol so shes going to help me today.... have to take down the other bed and clean her room to make room for the new daybed... but... it will give her more room in her small room and she can have the extra twin mattress under her bed for sleepovers...
But heavens she is sucha pack rat... lol hopefully i can convince her to get rid of some of the stuff...lol so exersice wont be an issue today... yeah!!
Faye... thanks for that bit of advice... i do try... everyday... but it get frustrating being the only one trying and doing...lol
Julie... have a great time today... i am going to finish my book this morning... thankfully i have gotten back into my reading... i just love loosing myself in a great book.
Amanda...Have a nice visit with your family... enjoy yourself and them.. and WTG on swimming... and it is hard to keep up the exercise when u r down so give your self a great big hug from me... thats just awesome.
Carrie... glad u had a such a nice birthday and congrats on the cords...lol
Sandy... moving is a pain and we all know it but have to go thru it...lol other than that.. just take i t easy and all will turn out well... you have such good karma around you hon... all will be fine
If i missed anybody i apologize... everyone have a wonderful day... i am off to do my yoga and read... have a fabulous day all... love to all
Sandy
Old 09-30-2004, 02:33 PM   #26  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie
SandyB
Faye

Carri: That is terrific about your pants! Glad you had a fun bd!

I am drug out tired today. I unloaded the whole pantry and moved that puppy by myself because of water underneath it. Looks like it IS the toilet as of right now. We may only have to replace the wax ring or the whole toilet. These condos are 30 years old and a lot of the stuff is original fixtures. Jack just asked if I, as he put it, "If you can find time today, would you unload the pantry? I'll unload the top and move it when I get home." Like I have anything but time so I just moved the baker's rack to another wall and prodded the pantry to where the baker's rack was. He will be upset with me, but all it did was make my front leg muscles sore and (don't spill the beans) but I wrenched my bad knee twice trying to use if for leaverage.

Hope you all have a great day and did something extra special for yourself today!

Faye
Old 10-01-2004, 04:35 AM   #27  

FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. What are your losses this week?

Check in later girls

Faye
Old 10-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #28  
It is what it is...

Morning All ...

I had another 4 pointer yesterday, walked about a mile and a half with dh before dinner at Subway ... I didnt weigh myself this morning and today is my first full day of TOM and cramps and bloating...thought it was best to stay off of scales since I was already depressed

I forgot to tell you girls that I start that new job that I wanted on Monday !!!
I am so excited, well and nervous...I have been doing my current job for over 5 years, so that is what I have been comfortable with, but I really wanted this job, am thankful that I got it, and looking forward to working with new people and learning something new...less stress I think...

I will check in later to check out all the other NON-TOM losses
Old 10-01-2004, 09:58 AM   #29  
I Can and I Will

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!! No pounds down... in fact up another... but... grocery shopping is this weekend so i can get my house stocked with what i need for my south beach and stay off the carbs... unless they r the good kind...lol! Went to my kids conference yesterday... i cannot tell u how good it is to hear your childs teacher tell u that you have done an awesome job in raising him.. i was all aglow. And my dd.. shes getting straight a's... something i never did thats for sure... i told her this morning again how prouod i am of her. As for youngest ds... the only hurdle is the potty accidents... and all we can do is be patient with him and hope he figures it out soon... But i feel FANTASTIC today... still no communication on hubby's end... unless we are talking about the kids school... and it seems he would rather sleep on the couch than in our bed... but i guess i am used to that. I hope you all have a great day... i am off to reward my daughter.... remember i painted her new daybed... i am going to put it up and try to get her canopy up as well... she so deserves it. WEll i am off for now.. will check bacl later... love to u all and take care of u
Sandy
Old 10-01-2004, 10:40 AM   #30  

Good Morning Ladies,

2 points for yesterday. I felt like crap, TOM came in the morning and then I felt nauseated all day. So I didn't eat much. I probably got in enough water with all the herb tea I drank...but not sure, so not counting it.

Don't know what possessed me to get on the scale all bloated like this, but I have lost 3 pounds! Even with TOM....woo hooo! So, that's 3 rebound pounds and I'm still right at 204. But at least I'm going in the right direction.

I've already walked 2 miles today. It was so beautiful out, just had to get in the sunshine. Since I got the laptop, it's alot easier for me to do my writing while the kids are home...I can just sequester myself in my bedroom. So it's not so imperrative that I write first thing in the morning. I hope I'll be able to keep up the walking or some sort of exercise during that time. My body is telling me in no uncertain terms that it is tired of not getting adequate exercise. Anyway, today should be a 4 pointer.

Faye, sorry to hear you're still underwater. Hope things dry out today!

Carrie, good luck with the new job! I know you must be excited.

SandyB, it's so nice that you take the time to reward and praise your daughter for doing well in school. I'm sure it takes your mind off your problems with dh. Don't worry about being up a pound, you have the right attitude to get it right back off again.

SandyG--hope your phone problems are over.

Well, gotta get going...must pay the bills before I go pick up Ben.

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote