Old 08-27-2004, 03:34 PM   #31  
I'm working on it

Well, I'm back and completly over yesterday's slip up. You're right Penny, I was a little harsh but sometimes a gal's just gotta vent, you know? Speaking of which, there may be more to follow since my mother's birthday is a week away!
Reds2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 04:37 PM   #32  
soon to be on the outside

Exclamation Hi there all

I have read all of your posts here from the start and want to jump on board with you all... I have no friends here to lean on for support either. my husband says what ever I want he will support but is not the ra ra type person and for my sister... she has always been skinny.
I was wondering how much of each food the person that was eating only 800 calories a day was eating?

I really want to be able to read the scale without bending over. I can't see my toes either!!

I have been doing WW but I don't seem to loose, I also go to Curves when I don't talk myself out of it! Right now I am lucky if I can stay motivated longer than 8 hrs. But reading all of the post here helps alot.

hw265/cw262/gw165!
hope to be 240 by 12/31

Darlene
skinny inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:08 PM   #33  
I'm working on it

Welcome Darlene! You must be talking about Penny with the whole food thing...she's the lady in control of her plate...y. And as far as leaning on us part, start leaning. I've only been a member here for a week or so but it's been such a great weight lose tool. There's always someone ready to answer questions or help you get back on track when you go for the spice cake (I'm sure you read that). I hope you stick around and reach your goal. We'll be here rooting for you the whole way!
Old 08-28-2004, 09:50 PM   #34  
I'm working on it

Okay ladies, only a couple days left until I weigh in. Any bets on whether or not I've lost anything? I didn't go for my walk/jog/run today but I did hang drywall and build a closet (renovations)...that counts as some form of exercise right? Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Goodnight gals!
Old 08-29-2004, 02:14 PM   #35  

Location: where the weather changes every 15 minutes-- Michigan

Thumbs up who has the number to my dentist?

hello again ladies. I am still half minded about this whole thing, just wish my whole mind would engage. I have been slacking on my walking, eating junk, maybe that wire job isn't a bad idea after all.. Might slow me down some.

I went to curves about a year ago, I did like it very much especially since it was all women, the age range was amazing. although I believe it has more benefits for those who have never excerised at all. It definately has firming qualities. I liked the atmosphere and felt imediately comfortable.

I should be out walking right now as I type this message, perhaps I should get off my carcass and go when I am done with this puter.

Well here;s to hoping for a more motivated week.. Thanks all for the positive encouragement

see ya later this week. (class on monday and wednesday nights). woohoooo
Dana
shadesOme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:15 PM   #36  
I'm working on it

YOU CAN DO IT DANA! How's that for motivation?

I didn't do that well today either...another birthday party. My uncle turned 90 today so, of course I had some cake ! I'm telling you, these birthday's are getting a little out of control. This, my friends, is the downside to having a big family. That's okay though, I'll just get out my eraser and run a little farther tomorrow. I weigh in on Tuesday, I hope I lost a couple pounds, but we'll see. 122 days left to be in the 180's! Gotta stay motivated .

My ex has been pushing my buttons for days and all I want to do is head for the Oreos. But I won't. I can be strong. Besides, who needs Oreos with all these darn parties! Speaking of which, I'm eager to find out how your daughters wedding went Penny. Let us know, won't you?

Okay ladies. Time to start getting my boys ready for bed. First day of school tomorrow!

Good luck gals. Stay focused!
Old 08-30-2004, 09:53 AM   #37  
I'm working on it

Today is the last day before I weigh in. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous . I started taking "One A Day Weight Smart" vitamins. Has anyone else taken them? I'm not sure what to expect . I'm on my way to the gym today since the park where I usually walk/jog/run is closed on Mondays. Good luck today everyone! Stay focused on the goal! Speaking of which, we seem to have lost some people along the way. Hopefully they have found support elsewhere and are still working toward their goal rather than giving up. Either way, I'm just going to keep posting, even if I am just talking to myself! Good luck anyway!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:10 PM   #38  

Hey Everyone I'm new here, so I'm still trying to figure things out on here. I'm currently a college senior and I'm graduating this coming may. I would like to lose between 20-30 pounds. I've been heavy my entire life it seems like, and I can never keep the weight off. So I was thinking if I had a support system it may help me out alot!!
cmsugrad05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:47 PM   #39  

Hi all, I've been out of town but would like to continue the race to become 180 by the new year. I'll be checking in every day again as the vacation budget is used up - time to get back to work and earn a few dollars.

I just got back from grocery shopping. I bought lots of healthy food so I won't have any excuse for digging into junk food, fast food and the like. Now it's time for some exercise and I'll probably weigh myself which I'm a bit worried about after a vacation weekend of lots of exercise, but some not so healthy snacks too.

sw210
cw202
gw 150
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 08:40 PM   #40  
Working on a better ME

Good evening ladies!! Well the wedding off without to many problems. The biggest problem was getting over the boarder into Canada and the 4 yr saying how STUPID things were. Saturday's party went off without a hitch - well sorta. I got an extremely bad migraine about 3:00 in the afternoon Good thing all the cooking was done and my mother was here to run the show.

I didn't gain any weight over the past week Didn't get in as much exercise as I would like to have either. But all is good, house is getting back to normal.

I would like to welcome everyone new here. The ladies are great, give great support and inspiration. Reds - with the weigh in - I know you will do great.

Have a terrific evening! Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:28 PM   #41  
I'm working on it

Talking Weigh In

I stepped on my scale this morning and it read...190! Okay, okay, enough with the smilies but what can I say, I'm happy . Yes I know that it's only 5 lbs but I'll take it! 5 less pounds stand in the way of my goal! Yipee! I just had to share my happiness with you gals!

Before I go, I want to say:

Welcome! cmsugrad05. I hope you find all the support you need here!

Welcome back tiredoffat! I thought we'd lost you for a second there, but I'm glad you're back!

Penny...I'm glad the wedding turned out great. One less thing to worry about right?

Okay, that's it for me ladies. Good luck to everyone today!
Old 08-31-2004, 07:39 PM   #42  

Congratulations Reds! Five pounds is amazing - that's 17,500 calories less food that you ate last month - that's a lot!!!!! Your clothes are probably getting loose. Only 15 pounds to 180!

Are you going to wait another whole month to weigh yourself again? Your good news is an inspiration to me.

sw210
cw 202-203
gw 150
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:26 PM   #43  
I'm working on it

Thanks tiredoffat, it's an inspiration to me too! I honestly thought, after the whole spice cake incident plus all the darn birthday parties lately, that I wouldn't loose a single pound. I can't wait to go for my walk/jog/run tomorrow (now that I know I'm actually burning some calories I'm going to be a lot more motivated)! To answer your question...no, I'm not going to wait a month to weigh myself again but I can't do it every week either. I get discouraged when I weigh myself too often. It's super hard to resist sometimes but I have to make myself avoid the scale at least for a couple of weeks. I think my next weigh in should be....hmmm...Wednesday, September 15th. Anyone wanna weigh in with me?

One question for whoever can answer it. My "signature" for this site used to say:
SW=195
CW=unknown until 8/31!
GW=150-160
...but when I changed it to CW=190 (today) it changed the signatures on all of my posts, even the ones from before today. I wonder why. Can anyone tell me why it changed them all instead of just from today on? I'm just curious. Either way, I still plan on changing that CW# in a couple of weeks!

That's it for me ladies! Goodnight all!
Old 09-01-2004, 02:50 PM   #44  
I'm working on it

Hello gals! I just wanted to stop in and say hello, so...hello! I hope everyone is staying focused today and finding the motivation to exercise! I went for my WJR (walk/jog/run) today and it felt great! Let's keep moving ladies, only 121 days until 12/31!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #45  
Working on a better ME

Talking Congrats Reds2004

Congrats on the 5lbs Reds2004 - that's wonderful! I wish I would lose 5lbs. I went to PT yesterday, walking today. I'm so ready to lose inches/lbs! Wish the back and neck would co-operate

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Here is my menu for the day:

fruit - strawberries, raspberries, kiwi (equal to about 1 1/2 cups)
protein drink (whey made w/milk)
Turkey roll-up (turkey, tomato, cheese, wrapped in lettuce)
Grilled chicken
Fresh green beans
1/2 baked potato
128 oz water

What's on your menu?

Come on ladies - let's here what's up! Let's cheer everyone on! Few shorts months till the holidays - let make them special! Work it, Work it - come on breath - work it, work it...

Have a terrific evening! Penny

Last edited by chubbylady; 09-01-2004 at 08:17 PM.
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote