Old 09-06-2004, 06:01 AM   #61  

Hi Dana - Nice to hear from you. You're already 20 lbs down from your hw, that's great. The water exercise is a good way to get started. It doesn't hurt and starts the routine.

I'm finding this weekend particularly tough, but I'm sticking with it. Went to a party last night and skipped the desserts, alcohol, appetizers. Ate a little too much dinner but it was all healthy - grilled veggies, grilled lamb, couscous salad (prob. lots of cals), great salad (no dressing) - lots of seltza and too much coffee at the end of the night just to get me through it. I'm glad there are no parties today. Good luck all.

sw210
cw202
next weigh in 9/15
gw 150
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:23 AM   #62  
Working on a better ME

Good Morning ladies. Looks like everyone is doing well. I have been really busy this weekend, sorry haven't checked in. I will be weighing myself on the 15th and will let ya all know what's up. I was a little disappointed the last time I weighed in, nothing lost, but nothing gained. So depressing since I have been really good. I will be working in more exercise starting today. Clothes seem to fit a tiny bit loser today.

Tireoffat - you did really well at the party - you should be proud of yourself. Dana good to see you here.

Have a terrific day ladies!

Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #63  

Thanks Chubbylady - I hope the 15th gives you the results you're looking for. I'm just checking in to get a little inspiration. Now that I'm back to work (teaching) it's a little harder to fit it all in - especially the housework. So instead of munching empty calories I check in here to be inspired and stay on track. So thanks! Enjoy the day and the exercise. Until tomorrow. . .
Old 09-06-2004, 07:07 PM   #64  
I'm working on it

Welcome back Dana! I'm glad you decided to stick with it. We're all here if you need some support.

Penny, I'm so glad you're weighing in with us on the 15th. I'm sure we're all going to see results!

Tiredoffat, don't get discouraged. You know we're always here when you need support! Buy a bag of baby carrots to snack on when you're tempted. My favorite snack is mandarin oranges, but they have to be canned slices and they have to be refrigerated. I love them. I just grab a can out of the fridge, open it up, drain the juice and rinse with cold water then I eat them right out of the can! Sooooo yummy!

I have been taking the One a Day Weight Smart vitamins. I have to take vitamins anyway (I'm anemic and I need the Iron) so I thought I might as well try the Weight Smart ones since I'm going to be taking a vitamin anyway. I guess they've curbed my cravings a little bit. I'm not sure if that's because of the vitamin or because my stomach is shrinking a bit from the slightly less amount of food I've been consuming over the past few weeks. Either way, I haven't been as hungry so something's working!

I have been renovating all day (installed half of the drop ceiling and primered the drywall) so I'm beat. My brain isn't functioning properly at the moment (I'm sure a direct result of exhaustion) so I'll go now before I start rambling on about something. I do know one thing though, my youngest son starts kindergarten tomorrow so I need to go get him away from the basketball net and into the shower!

Have a great evening ladies! I'll talk to you tomorrow!
Reds2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:28 AM   #65  
I'm working on it

Hello ladies! Just thought I'd stop in and wish everyone a happy and healthy day! Only a week until weigh in day so let's stay focused on our goals!

I'm sure we can all reach the 12/31 goal! I think I may actually WANT to send the family picture in our Christmas cards this year . I've done it every other year, but was never very happy about the way I looked . I'm going to be a lot happier about sending them out this year!

Okay gals, that's it for me. I've got exercising to do!

Have a great day!
Old 09-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #66  
I'm working on it

Just wanted to say hi! I hope everyone had a wonderful day! This is pretty much as chipper as I can be at the moment...I have my period so I'm a little grumpy and a lot lumpy! Anyway, have a great evening! I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #67  

Hi all. Thanks for the encouragement Reds. I'm back to the crazy busy schedule of teaching-parenting and taking a course. I think of all of you when I'm ready to dive into the desserts at school. I missed my exercise today but stuck to the diet so I'm happy. Every time I wanted to eat I grabbed from my fruit bowl and had a low cal snack or a seltzer. I'm looking forward to the 15th weigh in but I've got to fit in some exercise before then. Take care.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:25 AM   #68  
I'm working on it

Way to go tiredoffat! I'm glad to hear you're making good food choices. I know you're schedule is hectic and it's hard to find time to exercise. Maybe you can find a way to squeeze something in while you're in the midst of the hectic...ness. Perhaps, parking a little farther away from the school to fit in more walking. We all have to get a little creative sometimes, you can do it!

As for me, I fell off the wagon last night. When I get my period, I get hungry (I'm sure I'm no different than the billions of other women in the world). So I ate later than I should have last night but I was super hungry. My body was telling me it needed something so I gave in. I'm still going on my WJR today though so I'm sure it'll even out. Either way, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Okay, I need to put my oldest son on his bus so I'm outta here. Have a great day ladies! 9/15 is only a week away! Stay focused!
Old 09-08-2004, 04:15 PM   #69  

Default Hang in there

Reds2004,
I've been where you are right now. I was a single parent for eight years. Oh, how I wish I had tried to take better care of myself then instead of waiting until I reached my heaviest ever to start taking action. When I started my weight loss (off and on for a year or so) last year, I weighed 245-more than with either of my pregnancies. I didn't work on myself then b/c food was easy and it was my refuge. Now, I've turned to my true refuge; my God, my family, friends and church and I no longer depend on food for my happiness. I still struggle w/food issues but am succeeding better than ever before. I'm doing WW and love it as I feel it doesn't constrict me like other diet plans. And, honey-I've tried them all! Right now, I weigh 214 and have my first mini-goal, 209, in my sights.

I would just encourage you to be sure to take time for yourself. Find something that is just yours-a college class, a ceramics class-whatever! Just make sure you take time to invest in yourself and to be to yourself. It will take time to get to know yourself again and find out who you are. Also, taking care of yourself is the best way to take care of your children. I learned the hard way that I'm no good for anyone else if I'm not good to me.

Well, sweetie, hang in there. Be kind to yourself. Let me know if there's anything specific I can do to encourage you.
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #70  
Working on a better ME

Good afternoon ladies. Sorry haven't been around much. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Reds - don't be discouraged, sometimes it takes falling off the wagon to jump start a little more weight loss. I am waiting until 9/15 to weigh in. Hoping for progress. I have been exercising, going to PT and cleaning house.

What's on everyone's list of things to pamper themselves with? Mine - a massage! Have a terrific evening!

Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:19 PM   #71  
I'm working on it

Thanks for the support skinny! It's always nice to know there's someone else out there who knows exactly how you feel. You've made a lot of progress skinny...over 30 lbs! That's terrific! You are definatly an inspiration. Thank you for taking the time to send a thoughtful word and a little advice, it's very much appreciated.

Penny, don't you worry about me. I'm staying positive positive positive! I went for my WJR today, jogging almost 2 miles with a few running spurts mixed in. Then I did a 1/2 hour of yoga. I think I may go to the gym tomorrow for some circuit training. My downfall is always monotony so I'm trying to mix it up a bit.

I need to put on the "homework helper hat" right now so I'll stop in again later!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:25 PM   #72  

Hi all - Reds, thanks for the encouragement about exercise. You're right I need to be creative and that's something I like to do. I'll think about that tonight.

Skinny - what a great story. I took encouragement from it too. Well all I stuck to the diet once again. I made a nice, healthy beef stew and put it in the crock pot to cook. When I got home I had a dish of beef (not too much), carrots, onions, beans and a few potatoes. Probably quite a few calories but the rest of the day was filled with healthy veggies, fruits.

The am might be my best exercise time. Perhaps tomorrow. I'll let you know.

I'm looking forward to the 15th. My pants are getting looser so that's a good sign.

Good night.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:16 PM   #73  

There just aren't enough hours in the day with school back in session. I need to get into a routine. Thanks for all of the enocuragement guys. I hope to have good news on weigh in day next week. I've slipped some but the goal is back. I can do it! The sandwich is packed for lunch tomorrow to keep me on track and I'm ready for the vitamins in the morning.

I may even have some time for some exercise in the afternoon! The gazelle is my friend!

Keep it up!
vabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 10:43 AM   #74  
I'm working on it

Way to go ladies! I'm glad everyone is looking forward to the 15th!

I just got back from the gym. I did 35 mins on the eliptical (yes, I know that's probably spelled wrong) and about 20 mins of circuit training. I would have stayed longer but my son insisted we be home by 10:30 so he wouldn't miss "Lazy Town" on Nick Jr. Gotta love 'em. Yoga's comming on at 11am, so I'm going to go get ready.

Good luck today ladies!
Old 09-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #75  

Hi Red:
I'm brand new to this site and stumbled upon it when looking for lowfat recipes. Reading your post was like hearing my own thoughts on my weight gain. I too went through some life changes...a new relationship in which I had hurdles to overcome, a move across country and leaving my grown daughters and their families behind. Also a new job as an administrative assistant which has left me less active. Two years ago I hit my peak weight at 206 pounds...I was depressed and I guess even hated myself, this wasn't me...my personality seemed to change...I was so unhappy. After going through a divorce I was motivated to become me again....being alone I had only myself to cater to and started a lowfat diet and walked 3 miles every day after work. Within 9 months I had dropped 65 pounds and felt like me again! My goal was to reach a trim 125 but then the move came and much added stress. I found myself slipping back into bad habits and not finding time to exersise or being much too tired to. I've now gained most of my weight loss back. My scale has soared to 189 which has left me feeling defeated.....I worked so hard to lose the weight...how did I allow this to happen? I would greatly appreciate any support from the members of this site. I need to find me again!

Trish
Trishzelle is offline   Reply With Quote