Old 09-30-2004, 12:35 PM   #166  
I'm working on it

Default Weigh In Day!

Hello ladies!

Penny, it's great to hear from you! I'm so happy that you were able to maintain your weight through such obvious hard times. It just shows what a strong person you are. Good job Penny!

TOF, I'll be thinking about you today as you take some well deserved time for yourself. I know you're doing your best in spite of your schedule and I think that's great. Weigh in whenever you're ready. We'll be here when you do! Have fun today!

Skinny, WAY TO GO! 1.4 pounds. That's awsome! I'm so glad you're making progress. You'll win that bet for sure! Also, I want to say thanks for your kind words regarding the devil...um, I mean my ex. I can definatly relate to everything you said and, like you, am doing my best to deal with it all. Whenever I doubt myself, and I will admit that I do at times, I just look at my boys and I know that everything's allright. Thanks again.

Okay, now it's time for my weigh in results. I stepped on the scale bright and early this morning and it said 180! Then I checked it at the gym (digital) and it said 181! I must have put on some weight during the drive, weird. So I've decided to split the difference and say I'm 180.5, sounds good to me!

I'm so proud of everyone for trying their best and sticking to the goal even though times have been tough for us. Keep it up ladies. We can do this!

Have a great day!
Reds2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:38 PM   #167  

Default Hello, Clady

It was so good to hear from you! Just wanted you to know I've missed you. Hope all you ailments are doing better! Congrats on holding steady. That's doing well considering you haven't been able to exercise. Hang in there!

NY is another place that is on my list of places to visit before I die. I want to see the statue of liberty, a live broadway play and pay tribute to the fallen 9-11 victims, just to mention a few! Seems like it would be an exciting place to visit but you sound like you are ready to head back to MI!

Again, good to hear from ya! Have a great health day!
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #168  

Default Way to go, Reds

Glad your WI went well. All that hard work is paying off for you! Keep it up, girlfriend! As for your doubts, we all have them-on various subjects. But you are doing well w/your situation. I can tell it in your attitude and the fact that you keep yourself grounded and connected to your children. One day, they will know exactly why they are the person they are and they will know it's b/c their mom loved them. Like me, you sound as if you do your best not to bad-mouth satan, sorry-your ex, in front of your kids. You will never regret that decision. Someday, they will know what their father truly is but it will be b/c he does it, not you. Anyway, I think you're doing great all around. So keep on keeping on.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:02 PM   #169  

Congrats Skinny and Reds! Great Losses!!!!!! Just think Reds when you started this thread you were hoping to be at 180 on 12/31 and here it is two months ahead of schedule - you will definately make your next goal too - terrific!!!

Skinny - I'm so happy that you're down a lb plus this week - that's a healthy weight loss amount. In fact it's the amount they say to loose so it stays off. Terrific!

Clady - so good to hear from you. With all your wisdom I predicted that you were much older. You always seem to say the right thing! Perhaps that's from all those years of parenting - 25. I'm older than you (45) but my parenting so far is only 13 years! I hope you'll find out what's wrong with your back and neck, please keep us up to date and don't settle if the doctor can't tell you what's wrong. Get a second opinion! It's great that you've maintained your current weight through all this and didn't turn to food for the answer.

Take care! I'm planning a work out/swim at the gym Friday night when my husband takes all the boys to the local football game. I'll plan to weigh in then. Now back to my research paper! Take care.
tiredoffat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:40 AM   #170  
Working on a better ME

Default Good Morning

How's everyone today? I'm still upright, so I guess I'm doing OK! You ladies look like you are gaining on your weight loss journey, that's great! I do have to say, my clothes are feeling a bit looser, even though the scale hasn't moved much.

My 25 yrs of parenting have been a bit a rough at times, as you all know, but I wouldn't change a thing. You love them unconditionally and they learn to trust you and then they talk to you about their problems. My DD was the tough one, she didn't like to talk and got pregant at 15, my boys however talk to me about everything, girls, sports, work, we have a great relationship.

You girls keep up the great work - I'm going to the doc again next week to get the results of the MRI - hopefully I can then get back to the gym.

Hugs,
Penny
chubbylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #171  

Default Good morning, ladies

Hope everyone is having a good health day! Things here are good. My DD bought me some cappucino this morning so I'm feeling good! In case you couldn't tell, I do like my coffee in the morning; especially in this beautiful fall weather we're having in KY. Just a nip in the air in the morning-I'm loving it. Soon, all the trees will start changing colors. This is one of my favorite times of year!

I won't be on the board much next week as we will be on vacation. YES!!! We're spending some time w/my aunt in Fairborn, Ohio and taking my DD's to show them where I grew up; Christiansburg, Ohio. Probably will hit the Newport Aquarium and the Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum. Other than that, we're just slowing down and relaxing for a bit. Oh, and we have a tour of Berea College in Berea, KY scheduled for my oldest DD. She's a sophmore in high school but is already thinking about college. I really hope the Berea thing works out-it has an excellent reputation and is a good Christian college.

Two nights we will be staying in a hotel that has a fitness room so no problem w/exercising then. I have asked my family to hold me accountable for a brisk walk every morning the other days.

Well, must sign off. Hope things are going well for all!
Old 10-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #172  
I'm working on it

Goodmorning everyone! Just wanted to stop in and let you know I'll be taking the day off today. My back was aching when I woke up this morning so I've decided to skip the exercise. I'll probably do some stretching but other than that I'm taking it easy. Besides, there's a picnic at my son's school today and I don't want to be late. It's a yearly event, all the parents pack a lunch and everyone eats outside with their children. It's alot of fun and I'm looking forward to it.

Before I go, I want to say that this room is so positive and such a wonderful place to find support. I just wanted to let you gals know that I really appreciate your words and I only hope I'm giving each of you as much support as you've given me. It's great to feel understood, you know? Okay, enough with the mushy stuff. Have a great day gals!
Old 10-01-2004, 06:31 PM   #173  

Hi everyone. All's well here. Still sticking to the 1500 cals for the most part. Exercise time remains a challenge, but I know that I'll fit it in when I can. I hope to jump on the scale this weekend. Some of my old clothes are fitting again so that's a good sign.

Have a good night.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:16 PM   #174  
I'm working on it

TOF, you're doing the best you can and eating right is the perfect way to make sure you don't put the weight back on. I think you're doing a great job! Keep it up, you can do it!
Old 10-02-2004, 04:14 PM   #175  

Hi all, just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Busy day with swim practice for the boys and soccer. My dh and I are going out to dinner tonight - only the second dinner out since I started healthy eating. I'm going to choose a healthy item, skip dessert and probably allow myself a glass of wine since it's seldom that I go out. Have a good evening.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:50 PM   #176  
I'm working on it

Hello all. I just wanted to stop in and wish everyone well this weekend. I'm feeling a little under the weather so I didn't exercise today. I should be getting my period soon and I always feel tired and weak around this time (don't we all ). I don't know if it's due to my anemia or what but it happens every month. I get nosebleeds during this time too, it's weird. Anyway, I pushed through it last month. I kept up with the WJR's, so I know I can push through it this month too. I'm just going to wait until Monday to start pushing! Have a great weekend ladies...well, what's left of it anyway! Goodnight.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #177  

Hang in there Reds - my period does a number on me every other month. It's hard. Last night I went out to dinner and allowed myself to eat anything I wanted. Today I'm making up by eating very little. I know that's not a good pattern, but I might allow myself a once a month out to eat. The good news is that after eating whatever I wanted I didn't really like it - I felt lousy and some of the food wasn't even that good. What "filled" me up more was the movie I saw - Garden State. I really liked the film and what it made you think about - there were some tough parts to it that were disturbing, but I thought there was a strong message about living life.

I hope you'll get the rest you need today. I think that's the biggest problem at that time of the month - exhaustion. Take care.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:10 PM   #178  
I'm working on it

Hello ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I just finished my WJR and I feel great! I took advantage of my time off by eating whatever I wanted as well TOF. And, like you, it didn't feel very good afterwards. I haven't heard of "Garden State". Was it playing in the theater or did you rent it? I saw Ladder 49 this weekend with the internet guy (you know, the one who changed my tire). It was a great movie. One of the best I've seen in a while. And, to top off my weekend, I recieved an email about my 10 year high school reunion. I graduated in 96, so I still have time to get where I want to be weight wise. I really do not want to be this heavy when reunion time rolls around. Okay ladies, I need to get my youngest ready for school. Good luck today! Stay focused! We can do it!
Old 10-04-2004, 07:03 PM   #179  

Reds, you're doing great! I bet the weight loss and all the exercise has you looking wonderful. I'm sure that you'll meet your goal. I have a conference day tomorrow so it won't be as intense as a regular day of school so I hope I can make a late night visit to the gym - my dh is working late so we'll see.

"Garden State" was playing in the local theater. I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Nice to hear that you had another night out with the tire changer - did you have fun? I'm back on track with dieting for the most part - I've really learned a lot about eating right in the past two months? The rest of life is simply too full right now - there's not much that I can let go of until December so I just have to motivate myself and get through it. I'm really anxious to weigh myself. Even though I don't think I've lost much (if any) at least it might help me get back on track totally. I'm certainly not where I was in July gaining weight every day! Take care.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:17 PM   #180  
I'm working on it

TOF, I know you're a little discouraged because you can't fit exercise into your busy schedule but it's okay. You're eating right and doing the best you can, you can't do better than your best now can you? I think you're doing great and I know that when December rolls around you're going to be right back at it and those extra pounds are going to melt away. Eating right is going to make it easier when the time comes and we'll be here for you! Just focus on not gaining any weight and you'll hit the ground running in December. Keep up the good work! You can do it!

As for me, I decided to go to the gym today. So my DET is...
1 hour eliptical
1/2 hour circuit

I feel as though I may have hit my plateau. I'm not sure if it was the few days I took off or what but something tells me I've leveled off a bit. I'm going to push through it though and weigh in on the 15th, that's when I'll know for sure. We'll see how it goes.

I will definatly find out if "Garden State" is playing around here. I'll let you know either way TOF. You should check out "Ladder 49".

My date went fine, thanks for asking. Things are progressing very slowly between he and I. I'm not used to it, but it's a good thing I guess. Since I went through everything with my ex, I tend to go out of my way to find things wrong with people I date. In my mind I can turn the smallest thing into a reason to stop seeing them. I am completly aware of the fact that I do it, I know it's not a "normal" way to think but I continue to do it anyway. I also know I do it because I don't want to let anyone in. I don't want to go through what I went through with my ex ever again so I push people away. The point is, normally, men come on too strong in the beginning so I tell myself "he just wants you for sex", then I dump him. But this one is different. We've been out on three dates and it took him until this last one to hold my hand (at the movies) and kiss me (after he walked me to my car). At first I thought it was strange that it took that long, I'm used to much more aggresive men, but after talking it over with a few of my guy friends I came to realize that maybe he's just a nice guy. Who'da thunk? We'll see how it goes though, I still have plenty of time to find things wrong with him!

Have a great day ladies!