Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 06:20 AM   #46  

Hello all!

Arabella-- The phone calls are from pension holders...many, many of them frantic that a payment has gone astray, upset they don't understand how to complete a form, etc, etc.... I've been on the phones nearly 5 hrs a day for nearly a week and so far, not one client was unpleasant.... Its very telling how intimidated folks are about their own finances... and then... of course, some of these "kids" are moving around so much or "snow birding it" that we are constantly updating their address info....
You really feel as though you are making a real difference...
I've done customer service for other companies and this has to be so far, the most meaningful...its not about a mascara issue or furniture .....
Yes, I stressed myself out being super nervous about the computer issues of debiting and crditing their accounts when need be but now realize much of that was my own fear blocking me....
in fact... someone who posted on the Skinny Post has a great expression that describes its perfectly " Paralysis by Analysis.."

WSW-- ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
In a smaller way, I can relate ... during my training, I've been shy about asking for clarification, etc... didnt want to appear too dense... and now realize really just hurt myself...

In fact, on this same subject, I have a another "hero" to add to my list...
Anyone see "Amazing Race"... there was a team of cousins, two ladies, one was a "little person" who really taught me a lot about how she wouldn't try to do something she already knew she couldnt do ...she'd ask for help, w/o embarrassment from total strangers if need be AND this willingness to ask for help kept the team in the race much longer than if she had not asked.....
This team was eliminated just this past episode but again... if she hadnt asked for help, probably wouldnt have gone beyond the first episode....

So WSW-- Again, I admire you for making your list... Don't ever forget that we've got your back... you can ALWAYS come here and vent, kick, etc...
After all, that's what we're all about here right??

FRogger-- Keep smiling! You're doing great! I know you are excited! Mommy!

Empress-- EXCITING!

Eydie--Breathe please. Now again. And once more.
Now repeat.....
Now, would you remind us all what you do for living?? hmmmm....was it
something to do w/ food ?? Everyone who's coming is already knowing they're going to be pleased... You have already "wowed" them....
ITS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!

To everyone else, I'm out of time but Wildfire, I am wondering if you're doing better since the accident....

Today's thought is one I really like and use often but its so good I think youi'll understand... this is also because I miss our West Coast queens....

Today's thought:

"Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a battle"

Today's question :

"If you were invited to the White House for dinner tonight, what would you wear from your current wardrobe?"

--"IF (2) by Eveyln McFarlane and James Saywell

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:43 AM   #47  
wsw

kaylets-thanks for the encouragement! you're so right that asking for help, while difficult at times, is important and smart. i have a bit of work to do in this area still, but i'm getting there.

last night, felt hungry and almost gave in, but did not! i knew i had actually eaten enough, so toughed it out, and pleased about doing so. the weather has been so much milder in this past week+ and i am enjoying it. especially being stuck around the house for the past 4 days now, has been nice to actually be able to open the windows a bit, and not have to have the poor a/c blast 24/7 as had been the case for so long. well, happy thursday to one and all royals! take care.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:44 PM   #48  
wsw

i have been so worried about finances for a long time now, including how i would pay for my betaseron injections since my cobra ended in june and only have medicare insurance now(on ssdi.) actually, i figured getting help with injections would become a moot point since probably wouldn't be able to remain on any of the ms treatments with no prescription insurance. (betaseron is $1,000/mo.) i just heard from the betaseron foundation and they approved my application for assistance so they will just be charging me what i had previously been paying for my copay when i still had cobra, and now i can remain on it!!!! i am just so relieved! i can't begin to tell you how much! it has been a huge weight on my shoulders for a while now. treatment does not cure or stop ms, but my neuro believes at least that this is helping to keep it from progressing faster than it would w/o. i called a friend of mine to tell him, and he greeted my info. with the appropriate "woo-hoo." as much as i hate the side effects and how hard it is to actually do the injections, i was really concerned thinking i would no longer have this fighting chance against ms. i don't even think i realized the extent of my concern over this until i was given the good news a little while ago. well, just had to share with you guys. i may still be staring at my 4 walls today, but i am smiling at the same time, now! i hope everyone's afternoon is good. take care, all. so good knowing you guys are watching my back!

all the best,
wsw

Last edited by wsw; 08-26-2004 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:26 AM   #49  

WSW!!! I am thrilled you were approved for your injections!! Of course you've been stressing about finances! Who wouldn't ??? But you were very clever to ask for assistance from that foundation .... Your timing was super clever...
Keep smiling my friend... You deserve this !!

The cost of American medicine is a very sore subject for me so I will only say that this is a another example of how so many of us have no idea what happens when someone's insurance ends or stops covering a treatment...
If WSW hadnt been open enough to share with us, I would have never known the price of these injections... Awareness....just like perspective...
We never know how far our own actions travel... even though we may discount our own actions and think them very small....

hmmm....
Coincidence??? My thought of the day email was already sent... Interesting how the same theme keeps echoing...

***Thought of the day...

"I just wanted to prove to the world how much I can do, and its not easy when there's always people thinking you can't do it and you have to work extra-hard to do it.
You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams."
--Charla Faddoul, 4-foot-tall contestant from Towson, MD who was eliminiated from the Amazing Race.

Question of the day:
"Who is your hero?"

FRIDAY!!
Anagram, here we go, another heat/humidity alert this weekend!

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:34 PM   #50  
wsw

thanks, kaylets!

today was a good op/exc. day. now if that scale would only start moving down significantly. i'll keep plugging away doing what i need to do and hoping the scale eventually catches up with all this hard work. finally was able to get out today on my own steam, which i enjoyed. funny how just doing a couple errands could seem like such a treat! hope all the royals have a pleasant weekend. take care, all.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:14 AM   #51  
deleted2

wsw, so glad you were appoved for your meds. What a relief!
I'm in the throes of getting ready for my party--I needed a break. I'm just at the arranging stage now, and getting creative with stacking things in the refrigerator. I'm really looking forward to it. Wish you all could be here! Sure I'll eat far too much today--oh well!!!

Old 08-28-2004, 01:17 PM   #52  

Eydie, good luck with all on the party. I'm sure it'll be great and would love to be w/you.

wsw, how marvelous the foundation came through for you! I would hate to see you not have such a necessary medicine. Independence can be such hard work, no?, but so worth it. Please look at the help as your choice so that you can hold on and be strong in other areas. I suffer some of the same frustration. I still want to be able to do everything (and as well) as I used to do it and it just isn't ever going to be again. I am so grateful we have the good insurance we currently do. It will end for me though when dh is gone (or I guess I should say I'll have to pay for it whereas now it's a retirement benefit).

Minding that humidity, Kaylets, and hope it's the last spell like this. Been having some medical problems lately and the humidity doesn't help. Should think of wsw whose humidity problems are probably much more severe than ours but nonetheless I think of PA & DE as northern states who should not have to deal with this.

Cheers, Queens.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:19 PM   #53  
wsw

thanks, eydie and anagram!

eydie-hope you have a grand time at your party tonight!

anagram-as you said, at least in the south, the severe humidity is a given. hope the humidity will ease up a bit there a.s.a.p. and that your medical problems will lessen very soon. it certainly is strange to not be able to do some of the same things as well or, at all, and does indeed take getting used to, along with a lot of creativity. independence certainly is an important thing to maintain, and worth the effort, definitely.

i just heard from the golden retriever's mommy and she wants to bring mack back here to visit again this coming week, to which i am looking forward indeed. what a kind thing she is doing. speaking of kind, my good friend remembered that i have not been able to see the upstairs of his (and his girlfriend's) home (since i can't get up the steps), and he sent me pictures of them in an email today. ( i couldn't open them on my old computer, so actually have not seen them yet.) the fact that he remembered me saying this and that he knew i will enjoy seeing the pix is just another gesture that reminds me how kind and thoughtful people can be. i am very lucky indeed to have good friends. oh oh, another mushy moment---i am so lucky to have all of you on this board. you really are quite something, royals! well, have a good saturday, and take care.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:18 PM   #54  

Hello all!

DH and I were out till it was too unbearable.. his truck a/c is not working..
yardsales were scattered so we pretty much just followed signs and wound up over the state line into Pa ( in a small state that is not hard to do !)... we were following signs and then saw another and found one w/ tons of great gardening books, herbs, etc... turned out the seller grew herbs for local restaraunts and now is managing the greenhouses at the local college... and the greenhouses allow volunteers to work there... which might be a perfect On the Job Training to see if this is a permanent interest .... So.... things might get interesting....

Wsw-- don't be shy w/ your friend... there is another way your friend could send the image to you already opened on the email...
and just as an aside.... You are really getting the best of the pet world!! You get the visit but don't have the doggie clean up duties!!

since I ate dinner I just feel like I could right to sleep... maybe I should!

See eveyrone later!
Old 08-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #55  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile

Hi All!

Only have a half a sec....have been lurking but no time to post....can't type either.

Am off to the shows again today...just logged on whist drinking (milk actually with instant ) Need to check the weather...is raining here....2 1/3" yesterday....AND THEY ARE OUTDOOR SHOWS. Ah well, I've not melted yet!

Wsw glad to hear the funding went through and that the golden Mack? was that the name? is coming to visit. Kaylets I love just driving no where...you see so much that way. Eydie! How'd the party go? Arabella, are you reclimatized yet? All that travelling.

Gotta check the weather and hustle!

Ceara
Old 08-29-2004, 08:22 AM   #56  
Empress/Queen

Another me-me dropy-by-the-palace-postie (still very sick but must do paying work) ... CORE works ... even cheating, I lost a net 1.6 for the week! Think what'd be like if I didn't cheat!
Old 08-29-2004, 03:39 PM   #57  
deleted2

Great news, Amarantha! Where can we find more info on the core program, or do we have to be official members of WW?

Yesterday before the party, my best friend called to say that her mom was in the hospital, sounded like she'd had a stroke, so she didn't know if she'd get to come at all, another couple called to say they'd be a bit late and ended up being 2 1/2 hours late--so before it started I felt like it was falling apart. I had a good sulk going too, I'd really gone to lots of trouble, an outdoor thing with little vases of herbs on the tables, my Greek goddess statues strategically placed, belly dance music all ready on the stereo, I really wanted it to be special. In the end my friend's mother was fine, just some family miscommunications,everybody showed up and we had a grand time. It was a good lesson---before it started I was able to pull myself together to make the most of whatever happened. It started at 2:00 and the last person left at 9:00, so I'd say it was a success. And I ate far too much and I still have leftovers. So we'll be eating stuffed grape leaves all week! Thats okay, grape leaves count as a vegetable, right?

Already planning my next party--I know it'll be less elaborate. I don't know if you remember this but in the last couple of years I've HAD TO drop a couple of people from my list of friends after much deliberation, and I haven't had a gathering at my house since weeding them out. What a difference yesterday without that negative element there!

Old 08-30-2004, 12:17 AM   #58  
Empress/Queen

Yo, E! There's a Core forum on 3FC with a warning from Suzanne about sharing Core ... but it doesn't cost much to just register at the WW site and get the info ... you can also get an at-home kit or drop into your local Weight Watcher's and sign up just to get the materials ...

I do remember about your dropping of friends and how your sharing that helped me when I encountered the same situation ... I'm so glad your party was a success ...

Hope to see you in all the usual places!

Wsw!!!! Glad your meds situation is ironed out and you've got the Golden Retriever to look forward to ... I always say that we need nothing more in life to be happy than the love of a good dog ...

Kaylets, I just said hi to ya on the Core board (3FC)

Ceara ... so glad to see thee ...

Guys, I'm falling asleep. Haven't been well ... later, gators ...
Old 08-30-2004, 06:19 AM   #59  

Hello all....

Since I am w/ a new group of women at work, seems as though my hormone song is following one lady in particular... I felt the familiar symptons, cramping, bloat, and some weariness but only had one or two slight spots .... then yesterday, DH and I ran errands from about 9 till 1 and I managed to get a mild "heat sick"... I don't do well going in and out of a/c when its hot outside. By time we got back home and I lunch all I could do was take a nap which lasted till almost 5 pm...
All I know for sure is, I am glad I had already finished 2 loads of laundry b/4 we left ....

Empress- Weekends on the other place are getting harder and harder... As you can see, even M-F is very light... But y ou know me, I hate to say "Its still alive even if its only me here"....
I am glad you are liking core... DH lost 5 lbs and he too did some cheating... but then again he also mowed 4 lawns last week too...

Eydie-- Of course it was a huge success... Never had a doubt... and you notice, every event always has someone who's late, etc...
tell us more about the herbs...I had an herbal experience this weekend myself!

Ceara-- So glad you had a chance to stop by ! Could use some rain here myself...Turns out one of our beagles is allergic to fleas... and we've realized we have fleas in the lawn.. go figure..

As for me, scale looks about a pound higher than last week but it still is very humid, last Monday was very dry...
I know I really only should maintain this week since last week showed a whopping 3lb loss... but you know me, I'd like to see another big loss this week too... Its a shame how I don't appreciate what I've already achieved!

Today's thought is:

"Happiness is a Swedish sunset---it is there for all, but most of us look the other way and lose it."
---Mark Twain

Question of the day :
"What's your favorite day of the week?"

KETTLE IS ON!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:52 AM   #60  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning and welcome to the week, s

'Tis Monday and EOM both -- I'm working hard at staying positive. Must work very hard today and tomorrow, but am planning to take a FIVE day weekend. Haven't really had any time off since I started this job, and when I started I was long overdue. I'd been planning to take a couple of weeks off, but went for the $$ instead.

My coupon for WW is only valid this week, and the meetings I've gone to are on Mondays, so ... hi ho, hi ho. I hope I haven't done damage over the summer, but -- whatever! Time to get going again.

Eydie, WTG on the party! I'm sure your guests are still smiling! There's nothing like a good party to enhance life.

WSW, I'm so glad about your funding! You must be so relieved. Life is hard enough, n'est-ce pas, without those kinds of worries. I admire you for making a list of things you need assistance with -- there's a lesson many of us could learn from!

Amarantha, I'm thinking "Core" too. Is it much like the old exchange system?

Kaylets, sorry your pup is itchy! We had a cat that was allergic to the little varmints once. We've found that since our cats have been on different food they don't seem to be as attractive to fleas. Wonder if the vet might be able to recommend something similar?

Anagram, I know what you mean about the humidity! It tends to be pretty damp here, too, but not as hot. I know as soon as the fresher days start it's like an influx of energy! Hang on!

Ceara, how were the shows -- have you dried out after the weekend yet? It's always very nice to get dried off and into non-soggy clothes after a good soaking, isn't it?

Here we go Monday, here we go! (to quote Kaylets). Love to all -- let's make this a good one!

Closed Thread