Old 08-09-2004, 11:23 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Smile Weighty Issues #18

Welcome to the August edition of the Weighty Issues Thread.

We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!

If you are like me and you can lose your weight only to regain it all back shortly after than we may be the group for you. I would love to learn how to manage and control my weight for the long haul.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi girls. I am sorry for leaving you for a while there but I am having a very hard time dealing with the fact that I let myself gain all of my weight back plus some extra again. I have been having a pity party for myself for the last few months. I know I need to just suck it up and move on and concentrate on losing it again. I want you to all know how much I love you guys and how much I really appreciate you all for being there for me.

What have I been up to? Lets see. Mickey fits right in. He is a little doll(that barks ALOT) We have a bark collar and he hates it but it does shut him up. I have tons of cute pics of him that I will try to post in a while.

We have been super busy with the business but the tourist season is almost over. Hopefully I can get all my bills paid plus save the rest of the vacation money in time for December 19.

We traded the car in on another black Durango(what can I say we love them. ) It is really nice and now we have room for the dogs in the back and the kids can actually come with us too. Who da thunk it!!!

We had a huge lobster feast this weekend. Everybody came and I ate so much food that I was physically ill.(but the food was awesome) I made an awesome dessert for it. It is called Chocolate Velvet dessert. YUM!! Julie, You get the Taste of Home magz right? It was in there.

Well, I have to eat lunch and go to work but I love you guys!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:38 AM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Here are a couple pics of the pups
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My House 059.jpg (30.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg My House 065.jpg (23.4 KB, 36 views)
Old 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM   #4  

Angie cute pics, I just love the big floppy ears they make me melt inside. Yes, I do get that magazine. I will have to go through it and look for it, it does sound wonderful. I want you to know I luv ya like a sister. I wish I had sisters. But I consider you guys mine. Can you believe I have been here a year all ready? I just wish I could give you a hug. You are a strong person. You will and can be at a healthy weight again, do not give up!! Take it day by day, hour by hour. Thats what I do in my life. I don't want to throw religion or God on you, but the way I view life is he would not give you anything you can not handle. Start slow, you are in my thoughts. Luv ya Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #5  

Wink

Angie

Don't be down on yourself girl! You are loved. IT is a step at a time a day at a time. Look it at it like that so you are not overwhelmed. You are an amazing encourager, baker, mother, wife and friend.

Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #6  

CUTE PUPPY! he looks like a doll!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:54 PM   #7  

Hi Summer you snuck in on me. How are you? I am glad you posted
Angie I agree with everything Summer said. Julie
Old 08-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #8  

I'm crazy

I'll post more later!

I hope everyone is well
Old 08-09-2004, 02:08 PM   #9  

Angie if it makes you feel any better, I got something funny to tell ya. Friday I went and got a hair cut. I have been going to the same person for a gazillion years, well anyway she did not have anything that day (wanted one on Friday afternoon because I was coming from another appt.) So I tried a new place and I hate it! I said keep it below the shoulders and she chopped it. It is really short. But the funny part is I pulled into the garage after my cut and my hus opened the garage door and hysterically starting laughing at me! I mean he could not even talk . I hate to say it but it kinda looks like a mullet , not really. But I HATE it! I wonder what food makes your hair grow faster? Julie
Old 08-09-2004, 02:11 PM   #10  

now I won't be posting a pic of me soon, I am way to embarrassd. I don't even want to see anyone I know .
Old 08-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi again. My kids just left for a few days. haha. Me and jay could definately use some quiet time. School starts on August 26 (the day after my wedding anniversary) I cant wait. I love my kids to death but I am the happiest mom on earth when the school bus pulls up.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I love you all like my sisters(more haha). You are my best friends in the whole world!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:32 PM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Julie, I use the same hair dresser that I had since I was 5. I dont dare to go to someone else because I have done it once myself. I hope you like your hair better once you get used to it. Or at least I hope it grows real quick for ya.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #13  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I wanted to post this for you guys to read. Someone posted it on Petfinder and it made me cry. It is so sad.

How Could You? - http://www.crean.com/jimwillis/hcy.html
Copyright ? Jim Willis 2001, all rights reserved
When I was a puppy I entertained you with my antics and made you laugh. You called me your child and despite a number of chewed shoes and a couple of murdered throw pillows, I became your best friend. Whenever I was "bad," you'd shake your finger at me and ask "How could you?" - but then you'd relent and roll me over for a bellyrub.

My housetraining took a little longer than expected, because you were terribly busy, but we worked on that together. I remember those nights of nuzzling you in bed, listening to your confidences and secret dreams, and I believed that life could not be any more perfect. We went for long walks and runs in the park, car rides, stops for ice cream (I only got the cone because "ice cream is bad for dogs," you said), and I took long naps in the sun waiting for you to come home at the end of the day.

Gradually, you began spending more time at work and on your career, and more time searching for a human mate. I waited for you patiently, comforted you through heartbreaks and disappointments, never chided you about bad decisions, and romped with glee at your homecomings, and when you fell in love.

She, now your wife, is not a "dog person" - still I welcomed her into our home, tried to show her affection, and obeyed her. I was happy because you were happy. Then the human babies came along and I shared your excitement. I was fascinated by their pinkness, how they smelled, and I wanted to mother them, too. Only she and you worried that I might hurt them, and I spent most of my time banished to another room, or to a dog crate. Oh, how I wanted to love them, but I became a "prisoner of love."

As they began to grow, I became their friend. They clung to my fur and pulled themselves up on wobbly legs, poked fingers in my eyes, investigated my ears and gave me kisses on my nose. I loved everything about them, especially their touch - because your touch was now so infrequent - and I would have defended them with my life if need be.

I would sneak into their beds and listen to their worries and secret dreams. Together we waited for the sound of your car in the driveway. There had been a time, when others asked you if you had a dog, that you produced a photo of me from your wallet and told them stories about me. These past few years, you just answered "yes" and changed the subject. I had gone from being your dog to "just a dog," and you resented every expenditure on my behalf.

Now you have a new career opportunity in another city and you and they will be moving to an apartment that does not allow pets. You've made the right decision for your "family," but there was a time when I was your only family.

I was excited about the car ride until we arrived at the animal shelter. It smelled of dogs and cats, of fear, of hopelessness. You filled out the paperwork and said "I know you will find a good home for her." They shrugged and gave you a pained look. They understand the realities facing a middle-aged dog or cat, even one with "papers."

You had to pry your son's fingers loose from my collar as he screamed "No, Daddy! Please don't let them take my dog!" And I worried for him and what lessons you had just taught him about friendship and loyalty, about love and responsibility, and about respect for all life. You gave me a goodbye pat on the head, avoided my eyes, and politely refused to take my collar and leash with you. You had a deadline to meet and now I have one, too.

After you left, the two nice ladies said you probably knew about your upcoming move months ago and made no attempt to find me another good home. They shook their heads and asked "How could you?"

They are as attentive to us here in the shelter as their busy schedules allow. They feed us, of course, but I lost my appetite days ago. At first, whenever anyone passed my pen, I rushed to the front, hoping it was you - that you had changed your mind - that this was all a bad dream...or I hoped it would at least be someone who cared, anyone who might save me. When I realized I could not compete with the frolicking for attention of happy puppies, oblivious to their own fate, I retreated to a far corner and waited.

I heard her footsteps as she came for me at the end of the day and I padded along the aisle after her to a separate room. A blissfully quiet room. She placed me on the table, rubbed my ears and told me not to worry. My heart pounded in anticipation of what was to come, but there was also a sense of relief. The prisoner of love had run out of days. As is my nature, I was more concerned about her. The burden which she bears weighs heavily on her and I know that, the same way I knew your every mood.

She gently placed a tourniquet around my foreleg as a tear ran down her cheek. I licked her hand in the same way I used to comfort you so many years ago. She expertly slid the hypodermic needle into my vein. As I felt the sting and the cool liquid coursing through my body, I lay down sleepily, looked into her kind eyes and murmured "How could you?"

Perhaps because she understood my dogspeak, she said "I'm so sorry." She hugged me and hurriedly explained it was her job to make sure I went to a better place, where I wouldn't be ignored or abused or abandoned, or have to fend for myself - a place of love and light so very different from this earthly place. With my last bit of energy, I tried to convey to her with a thump of my tail that my "How could you?" was not meant for her. It was you, My Beloved Master, I was thinking of. I will think of you and wait for you forever.

May everyone in your life continue to show you so much loyalty.
Old 08-09-2004, 04:48 PM   #14  

Okay now I'm crying!
Making me think about adopting another dog.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:18 PM   #15  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

OK, not exactly the way I wanted to start my morning but that was heartbreaking!!!! Thanks Angie . I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!
I love you girl, don't stay away like that I get worried and chew my fake fingernails *blech*. You are a wonderful, caring, NORMAL person who has issues with weight--just like the rest of us. You and me sister, I can totally relate (with the gain/lose/gain/lose) so don't feel like you're alone. I love you guys like my sisters too, it's even better since we don't get into catfights . Your dogs are so adorable and they are so lucky to have a mom like you.

Kempy, your girls are beautiful too. I can't believe how big Rhea is already, just like big sis Echo. Woo-Hoo, how many more days of school left? Can ya count 'em on one hand yet?

Cal, we may wax and wane here but I don't think I could ever leave you guys. Sorry the school year started up so quickly for ya, but let's just work our way to the next intersession, huh? See ya @ Disney?

Julie, how rude of your husband to laugh at the new 'do. Would you like to know how much of a mean-streak I have in me? If Rick laughed at me for that reason, I'd wait until he fell asleep then shave off one of his eyebrows . Well, I dunno if I'd really, but I'd seriously think about it Hope it grows back quickly for ya. Have you seen the commercials for AI Season 4??? Can't wait for the laughs.

Hey Summer, wise words from a wise woman . Don't work too hard today.

Hello to Holly

I'm sneaking in here just for a moment, but I'll be back later in the day. Have a good one everybody.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote