Old 08-05-2004, 08:59 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Scrapbooking and Other Crafts #2

Hope nobody minds I started a new thread!

Rosey - I do some quilting. Especially wall-hangings since they are small.

Here's a picture of one I did using MIL's handkerchiefs. I designed it with pockets, and have a photo of each of my kids and DH with Grandma. She passed away last Nov. and this was hung on the wall during her viewing. I had to tie it with yarn to get it done in time for that.

Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:57 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Love the quilt hanging Jana! That is really nice!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #3  
Jo

I hadn't noticed this thread existed until today....

I do a little scrapbooking. I started a few months ago and I love it. We meet every Thursday, some moms from my son's school and we have a great time.

Marty- WOW Your pages are beautiful. Jhanai looks like a little princess and so full of life. How did you cut the pictures to resemble the fall leaves?? You also look very happy in the wedding pictures and James is very handsome.

How can I scan the pictures and post them????

That page that you made a link to, Sweet Serenity, is a work of art.

Jana- Double WOW- I loved your quilt. and I have to confess I have no idea about how to start making one. Did you take classes, or did your family show you how to do it??

Rosey- Welcome!! This is a great group, I have just begun to meet them and I have enjoyed myself enormously. I've always felt curious about visiting Alaska or about going on one of those cruises to see the sights and the natural beauty I see on TV or magazines. I don't thing I could grow to like the cold though, here in Puerto Rico we are at 80 degrees throughout the year except for short periods of time when the coldest we get to, in the metropolitan area where I live, is 65 degrees.

Saludos,

Jo
Johanne Corsino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Jana--Love the quilt!! I have always wanted to make a quilt...but am not much a sewer...so I haven't even tried. I did however start a cross stitch quilt (a quilt already made, just need to do the cross stitch work) when Jhanai was about 5.....still working on it! (how sad is that?)

Jo--I don't scan my photos...I have a digital camera so it's easier for me to post the photos. I still haven't figured out how to scan and all that. Only know so much about using the computer! But I would love to see your scrapbook if you can find a way to post them! As for the fall leaves....I had a page that had a lot of leaves on them, so I cut it out and then traced them over the picture. It was a fun page. Would like to do another one like that sometime. My daughter is wanting me to take pictures of her that I can cut out and make it look like she's sitting on flowers or trees or something like that. May try that sometime!

I hope we here or see more photos of other ladies work!! (hint hint!!)

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:57 PM   #5  

hey rosey-

glad to see that i have a fellow crocheter here with me. LOL
i love crochet. YAY

tj
tjmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:19 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Thanks for the kind words about the wall-hanging. My MIL quilted all of her life, and I got interested because of her. After looking through some books, and not finding what I was looking for, I just made up my own design.

Speaking of crocheting, the edge of the hanky in the blue pocket was hand crocheted by her in 1919.... she was 9 years old at the time. That's pretty cool, I think.

Btw, photos can be placed here by using Photobucket.com to get an IMG link...
Old 08-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #7  

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bel...en%3as,4%3af,0

Jana--I tried photobucket....but I have to wait until a certain time to sign up. I guess they are popular!! So here is what I have.

So tell me ladies what do you think? Won't some of those look great as a border?????? I'm liking it a lot!
Old 08-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Marti, OMG, I love it! But I can't figure out how you got them to be 2 colors at once??? They are really neat, though, and the possibilities are endless! Gonna get me one!
Old 08-06-2004, 09:32 PM   #9  

Jana--The cut outs are on a yellow piece of paper that is laying on a blue one...just so I was able to show the picture better. Is that where you're seeing two colors? Or maybe you're just seeing the shadow?

BUT--They did say on the scrapbooking show I watch that you can get some paper that has a different color on the front and back...OR...you can take strips and glue it to the back to have another color show through. Does that make sense? I will try and get a example of that. I'm having fun with it.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:53 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Ohhhhhh.... I get it now!!! How utterly cool!!! I want one!!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:15 PM   #11  

Hello ladies say this thread and hope you don't mind my dropping by. I haven't done scrapbooking yet, but I do paint. Any Donna Dewberry painters out there. There are some books out there on painting scrapbook pages, may have to check it out. Anyway have a blessed evening.
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:53 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Marti~that is a cool little gadget-seems like too much work for me though. I like to keep things simple but it looks like it would be fun to use. When you do a page with it you will have to share.

Welcome Rosey and PrayThe Rosary!

PrayTheRosary~sorry I have never heard of that and don't know anyone who does it.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:37 PM   #13  

Hi pray--Feel free to post any photos of your paintings if you don't mind sharing! We like to see all the girls crafty ways!!

Cristi--Not much work really....I think you'd actually have fun with it!!
Old 08-07-2004, 06:38 PM   #14  

Smile

Hi everyone..i love all the crafty talk..you can get the paper that is 2 diff colors from Keeping Memories alive..and the templates come from Paper Wishes or Hot of the Press..i have it all and have used that template tech for making greeting cards its fun to do isnt it....tj..i learned to crochet when i was in high school..my product turns out according to my mood..meaning if im stressed my stitches are tight and if im mellow they are loose.. makes for some interesting afagans Jana thats an awsome quilt..i have made quilts and wall hangings but never using pictures..thats something iv wanted to do and just havent gotton to yet..wish i could send pictures to but dont have a scanner ..i do have digetal camera tho but need to learn to use it..my kids gave me the computer for xmas and im computer illiterate..they teach me a few things at a time till i get it we have not had the picture lesson yet am having lots of company this week so if you dont see me here for a few days i promise i will be back..later my new friends rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:09 PM   #15  

Will post pictures as soon as I find out where and how to do it? Can you tell I don't know much about all this computer stuff. Have a blessed weekend.
praytherosary822 is offline   Reply With Quote