Old 02-10-2004, 10:13 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default scrapbookers and other crafty things

Well I figured we talked about this enough we should have our own thread going...give our photo area a break...lol

So does anyone else do other crafty things?

Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 10:28 PM   #2  
Give me strength

So my trip to Micheals was an event....*sigh which of course scares Monte.
So I first off checked out the cute little bear clothes,,,cause the funny thing is,,,Skittles fits those sweaters....lol I think Ill go back for the knitted dress...ha ha ah
Got totally confused in the soap making area,,,OMG the things you can do! And lip balm and lotions. I would like making lotions and such. Bath salts too.
I had to checkout the candy molds too,,Heather and I made chocolate wedding treats for everyone at their wedding.
Then I spent alot of time in the paint area...this is a harsh area for me. I know I have only 1 bottle of some colors and then for some unknown reason I buy the same colors and end up having like 4-5 bottles of one color...duh! And paint brushes...OMG I drool just looking at some. I have one brush that I would hurt someone if they did anything to it...cost me over 40. And I got it on sale.
So after all that I finally checked out your scrapbooking stuff...YIKES! I could feel the pull...and I fought it...I staggered away with the same look other women had...the beady eyes,,,sweat shimmering on the brow. Pretty soon a bunch of SBA will be popping up...SCRAPBOOKERS ANONYMS meetings...lol Hi Im (fill in name here) and Im a scrapbooker. I can tease you all cause Ive been there....yup 4 years clean for me...lol
Joking,,,I was pretty adicted to painting,,,and would pull some all nighters. Monte would wake and there I would be,,,drinking coffee that had paint accidently stirred in it. I dont' paint neatly either...lol Those were good years...everyone got homemade things. Then came along crochetting....till I had tendonitis so bad. There was quit making...didn't last long cause I do hate using the machine. I still fill the need to paint,,,but I have become so shaky at it that Id have to do a refresher class.
I saw so many awesome sheets and could not imagine having to choose between them. And the stickers...OMG the fun, and the other little things you can add.
Well Im off
night all
Angie
Old 02-11-2004, 12:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

REPOSTING THIS HERE....

Ok...scrapbook has something in it!! Tell me what you think?

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/belong2james

I deleted this on the photo thread. To keep things were they belong. So feel free to bring your comments here.

Angie--Michaels is a very bad place to be!! I walk in there over the weekend and I could have just fill my arms full of stuff and ran out!! (who'd have the money to buy all that I took??)

Ok, off to do some homework....Really, I am going to do homework...no more scrapbooking tonight.....but then again, I do have a "Late Coupon" for late homework.....Hmmmm....

Bye Bye Ladies
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 01:22 AM   #4  
Give me strength

I think your doing great!
And don't use your coupon,,,do your homework!
Angie
Old 02-11-2004, 07:36 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Angie - great thread!

Marti - now you're going to have to change your email address..... it doesn't describe you anymore.

I also do quilted wall hangings, embroider, make barrettes, decorate those little chalkboards, do t-shirts, and of course, scrapbook.

When we lived in town, I had a craft shop in my house and took in consignments. It was lots of fun at first, but became a royal pain in the patooty!

Jana
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:33 AM   #6  
Give me strength

I think today Im going to pull out my paints and books. Figure out what colors I really could get and go from there. I did buy a couple of small gift bags which I will paint.
One year I bought a few,,,all sizes and had Tanner stamp them with cute Christmas stampers. Then I had him make cards and we then put our present into it and gave it to the person.
Angie
Old 02-11-2004, 01:41 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

You ladies are so crafty, wish I were. About all I do is make a basket or two every now and then, (actually decorate a basket not actually make it) and scrapbook. Oh, I have made some wreaths, forgot about that. I stumbled on a picture of it the other day. I was so proud and thought I did such a great job I had to take a picture. I do love to paint and wallpaper but really don't do much of that. For Christmas this year I told DH I want a sewing machine so I can make things, what I don't know. I can sew a little it has just been years.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:29 PM   #8  
Give me strength

I ended up at Walmart today,,,bought a stainglass kit and will be doing my walk in closet window. And maybe a few leaves on the main floor bathroom. I have plans for that room.
Monte and I went for lunch first and I gave him the color chips I picked up at the paint store. Gave him a run down of what rooms were getting down and how HE was going to help me.

I called Heather today and asked if she could come over tomorrow and play....and to wear old clothes...she sounded so suspicous...*geesh Anyways sounded happy after I told her it was craft day!
Well Im off to clean some more...*sigh
Angie
Old 02-12-2004, 01:25 AM   #9  

I added two more....I'm getting the hang of it....but I'm almost a perfectionist...It's gotta look perfect.....One of these days I'm going to really WOW you all!!

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/belong2james
Old 02-12-2004, 02:42 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Those are good Marti! Your scrapbook is looking good and will be full before you know it. All this talk about Michael's I had to pay a visit this morning. I couldn't find the bucket/tub of punches but I did get some paper. They have the 8.5 X 11 sheets for 5 for a $1.00-can't beat that so I got quite a bit. The scrapbook store that I frequent discontinued that size and only sell the bigger sheets now. Sometimes I just don't want the bigger sheet and it seems wasteful having to buy the bigger size and then cutting it down to 8.5 x 11. Now to get working on the scrapbooks. I have 4 to make right now. DD is waiting to be done, and I am going to do one of me growing up and then one each for the boys.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-12-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:30 PM   #11  
Give me strength

Since Tanners room is denim, I came up with a great use for Monte's old jeans...Im cutting off the legs on both pairs. Sewing up the cuff of two of them. filling it with stuffing,,,folding down the edges at the top and putting in rivets. I have some leather string and will use that to keep it closed. And there you go he has two funky cushions.
Now for the top part of the jeans. I will first paint the curtain rod brown. hem the bottom of the *jeans* and wind the curtain rod in the blet loops. Tanner has an old belt that doesn't fit anymore and Im going to cut the buckle off and centre it.
Do I have too much time of my hands? ...lol
Sad thing is,,,I have so many more ideas. And no more rooms to think of decorating...
Angie
Old 02-14-2004, 03:11 AM   #12  

You have to see this...I was browsing around looking for idea's to make my scrapbook better....and I came across this picture! Amazing!!

http://www.memorymakersmagazine.com/...y.asp?id=17010

I don't think I'll ever get that intricate but it's nice to look at.

I have slowed down on my scrapbook only because I want to really put thought into the pages. I feel that it's just jumping from one idea to the next. So I've been just picking photos, then trying to match it with the right colors and such. Then I will actually create something that I can really be proud of. Crazy aren't I?

Pass my bedtime!!

Marti
Old 02-14-2004, 11:43 AM   #13  
One day at a time

Marti~that is simply gorgeous! WOW! They put A LOT of work into that page. And thanks for the link. I had forgotten about that site, and many others. Of course my scrapbooking has been put on hold for a while even though I still buy paper and stickers once in a while.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #14  

Marti- When James does soapmaking- how does he do it? Is there any special technique or do you just melt the soap and put it in molds? I want to try it. I would also love to know how to crochet, but I've never been able to make any sense out of those "I Taught Myself To Crochet.... Knit... Sew... Whatever.... " books. I'm craft challenged. *sigh*
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:04 PM   #15  

I've added to the scrapbook page.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bel...bum?.dir=/bc9e

Jhanai did a great job formatting her pages. The last one "mommy" isn't quite finished yet, but I had to share anyway!

BTW....Jhanai says to say "Hello Everybody"

Kayecee-- The way James made soap was...he bought a huge block of glycerin and the fragrances and colors. Then he melted it all together and put it in molds. He has also just bought little bars of glycerin soaps already colored and scented and remelted it down and put in a mold that he wanted. Right now we have clear, coconut smelling Santa's in our bathroom!! I think it's pretty simple...until you make different kinds of colors and shapes...then I'm not sure.

Ok...off I go.

Marti