Old 08-15-2004, 07:10 AM   #76  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

A flyby here. Just wanted to report a NSV!! Hurrah. I was feeling lower than low today, pigging out on junk food, only eating healthy in the morning. Rained out of riding and with the gym closed I was doing a total sloth day. Then I said, NO! I will rescue the day. I dug out an old video and did it. It was a Cindy Crawford (the 2nd one) old but great. In fact, I don't remember doing that one too much. Anyone know it.

Then, even though it's late, I decided to **** with the calories. I need some nutrition and am about to have my second good meal of the day. OK, it was a day of megacalories but nonetheless I feel back on track. Gotta learn to get over these crash and burn kind of days and kick on.

Kicking on . . . .
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:40 AM   #77  

Way to go on the NSV, Red, and for some amazing discoveries, Raven. I hope everyone is having a terrific weekend. Raven, have you heard from your Florida friend? Everyone else from that sideof the country ok??
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #78  

Good morning, or evening! Whichever time zone you live in!
Only have a few moments as our power keeps going off, this "tropical storm" Charley has hit full force and it's amazing! Can see why Florida had so much damage!
I have to get ready to leave and get on the road, will be driving slowly and carefully all along the coast - which further proves that I am totally nuts! Will dirve in bad weather for a vacation, though! : )
Until Wednesday or Thursday,
Linda
Trying to "think thin"
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #79  
Student of the Hoof

Red - Congrats on the NSV!

Jolly - Thank you. You know I think you started something with me. You reminded me of all the things I went through last year, and brought back a lot of thoughts I needed to be thinking. About how this isn't just about losing weight, it's about changing my life. Because if I don't change my life, how CAN I lose weight and keep it off? It's about changing my perspectives. I finally was able to make contact with folks down there yesterday afternoon, and everyone and their families (four legged and two) made it through just fine. One woman's horse had some minor scrapes from flying debris, but it's all superficial. I can't tell you how relieved I was.

Linda - Ought to be an interesting drive!! I hope you have a great time.

Well, whatever I'm doing, it's working. I'm back into the 170's this morning, 178 to be precise. My shorts are starting not to restrict my breathing, and in a couple weeks I should be back where I was when I went off on my mental meanderings.

Nick and I have had a lot of talks lately about eating, obsessing about it and our weight, and recently had something come up with one of our horses which could potentially be someting extremely serious, and she has had her perceptions altered in a moment. She's an amazing kid. Both of my kids are amazing. And I know that together, the three of us and then Richard with us too, will weather whatever comes along. I'm so very blessed to have a family that might be a little broken, but still good.
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:15 AM   #80  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning ladies,
Congrats on all the NSVs this week. It's going to be a busy week for me, not much time to post. We're going away for the weekend - I have an out of town interview next Monday and we're going to take the weekend to scope the area out. Lots to look up and research so we can make the most of our trip. And I am in a mood to declutter around here - yes you can have too much laying around, even if it is neatly arranged. And I'm going to do the best I can this week with food and regular exercise of some sort every single day. That is my challenge for the week.

Linda, I too remember Chickadee's in town. I don't understand how those places didn't survive in place of the salty, greasy, bland stuff that passes for fried chicken today. Hope you had a safe trip down to your vacation.

Anyway, got to run for now. Hope you all have a terrific week full of doing the things that make life worth living instead of just trudging through the days.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:37 AM   #81  

Not much to report this morning. Good luck with your interview Happy. Where is it? Good luck with your decluttering. I have to make time to do that as well. Unfortunately, I get in those moods, and end up throwing out way too much stuff. Oops.

Here's to a great week everyone. I will be weighing in tomorrow morning. I am working out tonight and taking a racquetball lesson.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:26 PM   #82  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies from the Land of No boobs!!

Just kidding! Feeling good and thought I'd come check in with you all.

First, before the surgery I went and weighed in. Down another 1.6 to 219.6. 35.4 pounds lost now, got that 35 pound star! yay!

I know it's going to take a little amount of time to get back down, as I am on painkillers and not eating much. So, I'm kinda in starvation mode and eating what I can get my hands on right away.

Okay, the surgery went really well. It actually took only 76 minutes for the operation--he said it went a lot quicker than usual. We got a late start at noon, instead of 11, but it always works that way. He marked me up with a sharpie pen, like they do on those shows, then wheeled me into the operating room where Tim McGraw was blasting on the speakers. Didn't know my doc was a hick!!

Next thing I remember it was someone asking me if I wanted to wake up for awhile. I looked at the clock and it was 1:45. I felt great, other than being a little loopy, my hubby came in and they told him he could take me home as soon as I could get around. I guess I was a really good patient. So, hubby went to tell my mom and son to get on home, and he came back in with my clothes. We came home and I started to take my painkillers and my antiobiotics.

I had a reaction to the percocet they gave me. Had no idea it was a dirivitive of oxycodone. I was itching and hallucinating and so wired that I could not sleep. They changed the script to Vicoden and I am doing much better on it. I was wrapped in a compression ace bandange and they removed it on Friday. I'm not in a sports bra with padding to help the stitched heal.

It grosses me out to look down, because they are bruised and sewn all together, but good lord, what a difference. I have cleavage where it's suppossed to be, and they don't hang down anymore--like the pencil test, they would not be able to hold a pencil underneath. I would guess them to be a 36 full c. They are still swollen, but no way are they a DD.

I was really bruised on my sides and really sore, so when the doc called me at home that night, I asked him why. He said that even though he was able to pull the skin tight, it didn't look good enough to him. He said that he did lyposuction on my sides to remove the rest of the fat. What a wonderful doctor, huh? Once the swelling goes down, I am sure I won't have that fat hanging over the bra strap.

He removed a little over 2 pounds total and brought them back up to their perky stage. I have felt so good that I actually slept in my bed the second night I was home. Didn't need the recliner. My arms haven't hurt yet--unlike most women who have this surgery. I'm just more tender and a little sore. I don't believe I've actually had "pain" to speak of yet.

I go in tomorrow for removal of the stitches and for him to see how I am doing. I'm down to one painkiller a day, which is at night, so I am going to ask if I can go back on half days starting this Thursday. Shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I know that, along with being a relatively good shape to start with, has really helped. Now I just gotta get rid of this tummy that I can actually see now. Everyone is amazed at how small I look, and so am I. A little over 19 pounds to go to reach my first goal.

I'll try to check in a little later this week.

Thanks for remembering me!!

Love ya!

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:37 PM   #83  

Hurray for "Perky" I m glad the surgery went well, and you are recovering nicely. Hurray for you Can't wait until you are back posting full time.

I did my first racquetball lesson. I LOVED it. Will just have to see how my ankles are feeling in the morning. If I have another scene from "Misery" . . . . .
Old 08-17-2004, 12:40 AM   #84  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Yay Chachee - sounds like you are doing remarkably well after surgery. That's wonderful news. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with the results and it will take some getting used to at first. Congrats on obtaining the 35 pound star too!

Jolly that's really cool that you are trying yet another sport to round out the program. I'm sure you'll get a cardio workout with the racketball. I'm too much of a klutz myself to even attempt that so you have my admiration. I hope your knees allow you to continue.

I was watching the Olympics tonight and saw the men's gymastic team take the gold - must be lots of celebrating in your country Red. Even though they had incredible upper body strength - just watch their arms on the high rings, they are still somewhat slight in stature. So I can understand what you've been saying all along Red about body size comparisons. However, you are what you are and I hope that you will never let that discourage you from your goals. It seems everywhere I turn now I am reading that accepting yourself for who you are is so crucial to getting yourself to where you want to be. I'm still working on that - alot.

I can't stay here long tonight - got to go to the office tomorrow for "outplacement counseling" which is a joke because they never answer the really hard questions that everyone wants to know about. But it's a chance to get out. And I have to get up extra early so no going to bed late. The interview next week is in Memphis Jolly - down the road a piece from here - better winters I'm sure. Total culture difference I'm even more sure of. But right now I'll leave no stone unturned.

Off to finish the dishes and pack up the trash for tomorrow. Have a good one everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:41 AM   #85  
Never give up

Chachee, welcome back! Glad to hear things went well. Like jolly, I hope to see you here regularly real soon! Take care.

Jolly, great going on the racquetball class. You are really doing great, so much exercise, new things. Keep it up kid. You're inspiring!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:51 AM   #86  
Never give up

'Nother quickie 'cause I saw your post happy. Nice to see some action here. You know, I left home so early this morning that I didn't see the news to hear of the men's team winning here but I was at the stable and someone there told me. Now, the highlights of the gymnastics are on TV and I've got it on in the other room. But I've got to leave for work soon. Maybe I can tape it. This is taped stuff of course. There is just so little time to watch the coverage. My God, these floor exercises are really something, aren't they and the Americans were fantastic! Those twins, the Hamm brothers, they are utterly amazing. I haven't seen the Japanese yet. I did see something on the horse last night though and they looked good.

You know, the men, especially athletes are pretty good sized. It's really the women and the fact that they are super scared to put on any muscle, any fat whatsoever. You know, you do see some heavy girls these days and they usually look very sad and lonely. I want to hug them and tell them it's OK to be different. Sometimes I see some kids in the trains who are obviously on some sports team and they look healthy and unneurotic (girls I mean). It sure is refreshing. You know, I'm not letting it bother me anymore actually. I've been having such fun in the gym and the guys there are great. Well, I'll write more later. Thanks happy, for your support. You are so sweet. Here's a cyber hug. . . did you catch it?

Gotta run.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:34 PM   #87  

Hey all. Just a quick post. I made it to the gym this morning before early work, and lost 2 pounds this week. Hurray.

I need to cut back on pasta for awhile. I don't want to go no carb or low carb. I just realize that pasta is a trigger for me. I always eat way more than a portion - plus then extras of the others. So, until I can measure, I need to cut back.

Got to run. Later.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:40 PM   #88  
Never give up

Heh all. I was just excited enough to boot up my computer to report an NSV! I was looking in the mirror after the morning shower and, sucking in my abs, I actually could see, no, not any muscle yet, but the skin and fat actually went in, like making an indent instead of just sitting there as if I had absolutely no muscles under it all. It was great. It must mean I've lost some fat (because the scale doesn't budge). Hurrah. Now this is motivation. And better than the fickle scale!

OK, I know I sound like a loon but that's what I wanted to report.

Jolly, congrulations on your 2 lb loss. You are really moving along now. I see you've updated your signature. I was wondering about that and thinking it surely needs to show all the losses you've been happy. Good for you!!

Ciao!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:19 AM   #89  
Student of the Hoof

Red - Those body changes for me are a HUGE motivator! Congrats!!

Jolly - Impressive numbers, girl!!

Chachee - Welcome back!! Sort of. I'm really glad you're healing SO fast, and that is indeed awesome that the doc would do the additional sculpting to get the "perfect" look. You're right, I may have to go up there for my surgery... once I win the lottery, that is. Another try on Friday. *lol*

Happy - I hope the "counseling" gives you something positive. I have lived the stress you're in, and I just have to offer a *hug* because I know how hard it is.

Well... there are good ways to lose weight, and not so good ways. I'm in the middle of a not so good way. Not intentionally, either. I've been having hints of some stomach bug for a couple weeks, and last night it turned into the full blown worshipping of the porcelain goddess. It might be the stress of Ian flying to AK next week, coupled with the situation with my silly horse's legs, added onto the car tires, plus always the money that collapsed my resistance. I just hope now that it's developed into something relatively major, it goes away quickly. I'm supposed to be taking today off work to get Ian his State ID card, do some clothes shopping for him, and meeting the vet at the stables to check out Shadow's legs. I don't have time to be sick. *sigh*
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:32 AM   #90  
Never give up

Wow, Raven, sure hope you're feeling better! Really try thinking of yourself as healthy. I know it sounds like, "Oh, yeah, right, when I'm puking my guts out!" but I mean think of what it feels like to be healthy. Think as many nice thoughts as you can, even if it is winning the lottery, or how 'bout something a little more everyday, your horse giving you a nice movement, you getting a hoof rasped just right. . . sending you healing energy . . .