Old 08-28-2004, 08:03 AM   #136  

Thanks, Jolly! I was admiring Chachee's organization as well. I have a few major priorities for this coming paycheck (including hoping to finally pay off ALL credit card debt) and then by the next check, I am thinking seriously of starting my holiday shopping early. My husband's side of the family are really BIG spenders and one of the reasons we end up with credit card debt every year is Christmas. My family is not that way, however, "when in Rome" is truly what I must do with his family.... they won't change because I disaprove.
Today I am taking a morning "off" in a little while and my husband and I are going to hop in the car and go off on a yard sale adventure, which we enjoy. I'll be doing my workout later on. We are also contemplating a trip to Hampton Beach NH later on today, it's supposed to be about 100 degrees here today so it will be packed, like sardines, so we probably might re-think that choice and do something else. I was thinking about doing some of my exercise, though, in the water and walking on the beach - but with a mob scene, it might not be the peaceful scene I would anticipate.
Will be totally "on program" today, though, my mind is made up and I will see that scale move at my weigh in on Tuesday!
Go girls!!!!
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:04 AM   #137  

Good morning all. Back at work after a crazy weekend. But, short week this week - sort of. I am doing a third shift Thursday night, so will have Friday off. Have next Monday off due to Labor day, and a 3 day week the week after that, as I am getting my dog spayed. I can live with that.

I went to the gym to work out this morning, then will have my lesson tonight. I had another loss. 2 pounds for the last two weeks. Can't complain. Hope I have a loss at TOPS tomorrow too, as I am up for loser of the month.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and is doing well.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:34 PM   #138  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello Ladies,

Jolly, big congrats on your loss. How does your new haircut look? Did you have fun with your show this weekend?

Linda, glad you had a chance to talk to Jamie about the situation. Now she knows what is and isn't acceptable, even at her teenage stage. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your friend. Sorry to hear about your other friend. It's always tough when you have those "wish I could have" thoughts when a friend/family/loved one passes on. Gotta enjoy them when they are here, and it's tough sometimes with our busy lives.

I'd be happy to be your personal shoppers. Just love doing that thing. I always go home, add up how much I would have spent, had I bought everything regular price, and then add up how much I saved. The best one was about a year ago at Sears. I spent $115 and saved over $300. They are, by the way, having a huge Summer clearance blow out, so if you have a Sears by you, go check it out. All their clearance stuff is an additional 50% off. I got some cute sweat pants for $5.00

My mom leaves tomorrow and it's time. If my recovery had been worse, then I would be saying something else, but her horrible eating habits are starting to affect my eating habits and it's not a good thing. I'm ready for my house to be back to normal and back to being the only woman in it! I love her to death, but it's time for her to leave.

Okay, here's to a great week. I'm off Tuesday, Friday and next Monday, so if I'm a little MIA, that is why.

Happy Monday.

Chach
Chachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 09:47 PM   #139  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi people. I'm kind of still here. Feeling very powerless, dejected. Just wanted to say hi.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 01:04 AM   #140  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

What's going on Red? Why or what has happened to zap your confidence and drive? Tell me who and I will squash them like a bug - and I'm at the right weight to do it too

Sorry I've been away. It's been a very, very hectic week and will continue to be so for the next few I'm afraid. Upheaving your life requires a lot of time and effort. I am playing the waiting game along with a spin of the "you bet your career" wheel.

At least I got to the store this weekend and we finally have tasty, healthy things to eat instead of trying to make do with what was left in the refrigerator and cabinets.

Just the idea of possibly moving houses has convinced me that I really need to do some things around here, pronto, whether we leave or not. Why is there NEVER enough time?

Anyway... glad to hear you are up and about Chachee and recommitted to your goals. So why do you have to get all your Christmas shopping done by September? Does the USPS stop picking up mail in your part of town when the flakes start to fly? I will gladly take you up on your offer to personal shop, the hardest part is figuring out what to get people.

Raven, hope you are doing ok and feeling better. Since Machine's on the road trip does that mean the ex is FINALLY making good on coming down south? Hope all works out well.

Jolly, congrats on the continuing weight loss. You are doing great, don't lose momentum - keep counting the NSV's are you are racking them up consistently.

Linda, I was the queen of racking up the holiday debt. I would hide the bills come January. Slowly over time we have trimmed back except in a few special cases and we have all agreed to it and that's great. I wish I had time to think about things ahead of time and shop the sales as they hit. I wish you good luck in your mission tho. 100 degrees? We are cool, the leaves are changing already and it's warming up to the 80's as the week carries on. Sure has been a wierd summer.

One of the wonderful ladies in the office shared her bumper crop of fresh garden tomatoes with me. I am in heaven!!!!!!!! And they are low fat, low salt, low calorie too. Now THAT doesn't happen too often. :LOL:

I will try to be back a little more frequently but it's been crazy and will continue to be so for a bit. So bear with me my spotty appearances. I am still tracking and pulling for you all.

Vent your sorrows Red and here's some good vibes on the rebound...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 02:05 AM   #141  
Never give up

happy, you are the sweetest! It's work and I'm calling it probably the "end of the road" as my father put it (yup, was even on the phone with him to the States). It feels good but I've put my foot down, am handing them an ultimatum back for the one they've given me. I'm as stubborn as mule and this time they've just rubbed me too, too much the wrong way.

I am going to fight back to find my drive, happy. Thanks so much. Your post got me back kicking.

By the way, to help me through what may be a very tough time and to get me back losing fat and exercising I'm reviving a version of the 21-day challenge I used to do here on another forum. I'm starting a 10-day version back up on the support forum. Here's the address if anyone wants to join me. I'm going to be back posting soon here too. Thanks again!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45913

Last edited by redballoon; 08-31-2004 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:19 AM   #142  

HEy all. Happy, good luck with the job hunt, and hope things get resolved for you soon. I am envious of the tomatoes, though. I have been blowing my budget on fresh ones here. I love them. I really like the summer here though - I hate hot and humid.

Red, I am sending good vibes your way.

Take it easy all. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:09 PM   #143  

Glad you guys are here, was kind of wondering if there was some dissappearing act plan for a few days.
Boy, lot's happening.
First, Chach, I know what it's like and I last with my mother about two days per visit and then I can't take it any longer, with my mother in law it's about three days, believe it or not we have more in common. All good things must come to an end!
Red, I wish I could do something for you? I am mentally sending you positive vibes right this second and a ton of my empowered strength.........can you feel it all the way to Japan. I'm into visualizion techniques and I shut my eyes and put my hands aside my temples and envisions a very fast RED BALLOOM zapping it's way across the sea and implanting itlself in your head. You are suddenly energized and feeling more positive! Yes, I am weird!
Happy, hope you can get your stuff done, the possiblity of moving always motivates me. We've moved far too many times, yet I am already anxious to get out of here, but for different reasons than in the past.
Jolly, good loss for you, tell me more about how a TOPS meeting works? I'm curious.
As for me, guys, I weighed in this morning and lost one pound. I am now down to 149.2, the first time I have seen the 140s in about five years! Wow! I have three more pounds to go until I reach my 10% goal that ww gave me and 13.2 more to go until I make goal and am back in "good graces" with them and no longer have to pay for meetings! Funny, I am at a half way point now, I have lost 13 pounds and have 13.2 left to make goal! Yet, I look in the mirror and think that maybe 13 more might be too much, am feeling really happy with the results so far.
Red, I want to check out your other thread, but this moment I must go.....
Linda
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 08:02 PM   #144  

Heyall. I will need plenty of kicks in the rear this week to stay on course. This last week has been very stressful. I have been falling back on old eating patterns, and am now eating Rolaids as well. It showed up on the scale tonight at TOPS. I had a 3/4 pound gain. I need to stay focused. Decide what I can change, and learn to cope. Without stuffing food in my mouth. I did have a NSV though. I did not stop and get a candy bar on my way home from meeting. And I was wanting one. Decided a sugar free fudgicle would do just as well.

TOPS is a weight loss support group. We don't subscribe to any one eating plan. Just focus on healthy eating habits, exercise, etc. And a lot of moral support. Yearly dues are $20, with anywhere from $1-$4 a month to the local chapter. We do lots of contests too, which makes it fun. The only place where losers are winners.

OH well. Off to supper and bed. I am not feeling well (stress) and if I want to make my workout tomorrow, I need a good night's sleep.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:03 AM   #145  
Never give up

Derry, Jolly, thanks so much for the vibes. I think I most definitely got some of the energy you sent because I am moving again and I feel the fight coming back strong!

You are the greatest!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:33 AM   #146  
Student of the Hoof

Sorry I've been so absent! Hopefully things will settle down after today, and I'll have time to actually work out in the mornings now!

Off to the new thread!
RavenToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 06:56 AM   #147  
Never give up

Here's the link to the new thread everyone.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45978