Old 07-18-2004, 11:08 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile Chit Chat #60

HI and WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies Chit Chat #60!

We are a very warm, friendly and fun group of ladies who talk about everything. Who also provide encouragement and support in our walk toward a healthier lifestyle, as well as our every day lives.

So...grab a cup of coffee, diet coke, etc. pull up a chair and join us!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Default Hi Ladies~

Well, I am back and in one piece, even have my sanity! LOL Just kidding, it wasn't that bad, even though my mother can be a pain at times. We've never really been close, which is sad. Just glad to be home. There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed. All in all I must say it was nice to see my family, even though it wasn't really a 'pleasure' visit. Anyway...looks like you ladies have been a busy with the thread, chat, and talking on the phone-no way I can catch up. So I will say HI to EVERYONE! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. I am doing absolutely nothing! Talk with ya later ladies...

C
Old 07-18-2004, 12:21 PM   #3  
RosieKate

Welcome back, Christi - Glad you are doing nothing today, sometimes a person just needs to recharge the batteries

I'll try to get back later to post some more. We are off to church, then I'm going to visit a few gardens on a garden tour that's happening today. My neighbor' s garden is on it. The criteria for the tour is no chemicals, use of native and disease resistant plants, and get this, the owner has to do all the yard work themselves! I personally like the last part because we do all our own yard work and it nice to see the gardens of folks with bigger yards do a beautiful job all by themselves...and organically! One of the gardens I'm going to see is 3.5 acres.

I'll let you know how it looked later on... Happy day to all
RosieKate
Old 07-18-2004, 12:54 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Morning ladies!!

Welcome Back Cristi!!! Glad you're back. I think spending a day doing nothing sounds like a grand idea!!

RosieKate--I've been wanting to go a to a garden tour for awhile now....just haven't had the time off to go! There is a tour of homes this week that I want to go to....ends next Sunday...I'm hoping James and I can go when he gets back.

Angie--Lipstick? ok..just picture all that I mentioned...and add lipstick! Ewwww..... (I don't wear lipstick hardly ever)

Jana--Wow....3 beers! Or was it 2? Did you get tipsy? Sounds like you had fun.

Hi to the rest of the girls!!

James came home yesterday and will be leaving again tonight. He'll be home again next Saturday. Then he'll be through with classes and officially be a Railroad Conductor!! (then I'll hardly ever see him since they work constantly!) But at least he'll be coming home everyday! Can you tell that I like his company?

Well girls...I'm going to go clean up. My mornings are not ever pretty. So this is a warning to all you ladies...for when we meet. (if we do a sleep over!)

Better get. I will try to check in later.

Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 04:32 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - so glad to see you're back!! You have been missed, friend. I agree, there is no place like home, and my own bed is my favorite.

RosieKate - garden tours sound great. And even more special since they each do their own gardening.

Marti - lol, no I didn't get tipsy, but we sure had a lot of fun. Glad you're having a good weekend.

I picked about a gallon of blackberries to make jelly, and have misplaced my straining bag and stand! I didn't use it at all last year, and we moved from Fern's house to here since I did use it last... oh boy. It may be easier to just invest in a new set, lol.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 06:26 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Thanks for the welcome back ladies! It is good to be back.

Jana~boy, I sure couldn't drink 3 beers, of course I am not a beer drinker. I will have a margarita once in a great while and just one of those makes me tipsy! LOL

Marti~glad you had a great weekend with James!

Rosiekate~I too would love to go to a Garden Tour. I just love looking at others gardens in the hopes of coming away with some great ideas!

Marti~speaking of a sleep over-I have decided I will be making it to the west coast after all next year. This came about today while talking with a friend who is going through a divorce and just wishing I was there to hug her. Then decided I haven't been to CA for a few years and it is time. Hopefully we can all agree on the perfect meeting place so we can get together. Of course I will be in CA for most of the trip, but am hoping we all can agree on meeting somewhere in the middle. My plan is to visit southern CA for a week with my friends and my Aunt and then head to San Fran for a week to go to Alcatraz and do some museums. Anyway, I guess we can talk particulars the closer it gets to happening but I am planning on June I think.

Anyway...just came on for a few minutes to say Hi to everyone. Later ladies...
Old 07-18-2004, 08:04 PM   #7  
RosieKate

Hey ladies -
I'm back from the garden tour and as usual, I wanted to run right out and buy a bunch of plants. But, I am restraining myself - we are building that fort, you know. Gotta watch the budget. Don't know what it is about Porltand, but there are ALOT of garden tours. Most are the fundraiser variety. Also, you walk in and can tell the owners went shopping then told the landscaper where they wanted it all, then probably kicked back with a lemonade. I like this tour because it is sponsored by our regional government (in charge of garbage and recycling) and the Audobon Society - and it's free! I have to really work it to get tickets every year, because they fly out the door.
The 3.5 acre yard was inspiring. If she can do all that herself and not spray anything, then I don't have any excuses for not being able to handle my own yard.

Christi - I think it would be great to try to arrange a get together next year. We are planning on expanding our house next year and I'll be looking for any reason to get out of town while all that remodeling is going on.... my DH will also be looking for any reason to get me out of town while all that is going on...lol!

Marti - amazing what a little lipstick can do for one's mood. Perks me right up. I don't wear much makeup - but I gotta have my lipstick. I think lipstick, a wife beater and sweats sounds ok. It'll get you a drink in a biker bar Don't ask how I know this......

Jana - I'm drinking some beer tonight -and I have just enough points left! We are splurging on some Papa Murphy's and beer. I'm getting their new de-lite pizza, which WW doesn't in their little book (too new, I suppose) I bet DWLZ has it - she seems to have everything!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend ladies!
RosieKate
Old 07-18-2004, 09:42 PM   #8  

HIYA! I've been "missing" for a few days. So busy, so little time. But what else is new. I picked up the girls from the kitty hospital Friday after work. Cameo was just spayed (already declawed) and is doing fabulous, except she has sores in her mouth like my old girl Angel, so she's on antibiotics too(Angel's also on prednisone too). Thumbelina was spayed and declawed, poor girl. Her feet bother her the most, but not as bad as some I've seen. Both girls are on pain medicine too. I feel like I'm at work on a surgical unit. Not to mention my dog's meds for arthritis! But today, I noticed Thumbelina's incision on her belly was red, swollen, and then later this afternoon, one of the stitches either popped off or she licked it off. So, off to the animal ER we went. They don't see infection, no drainage, no temp. Didn't think it was a hernia (yikes) because it was firm. Probably just normal inflammation process, but I always worry way too much. They did put in a couple of staples where the stitch was, so I feel better about that. I was afraid the incision would open up. Now I'm paranoid and check on her every couple of hours. I must be nuts!

I've been on-call all week, until tomorrow morning. I have been very lucky. So far, yesterday was the only day I was called, and they were all pretty minor calls. Makes up for the last time! I also spent about 6 hrs getting caught up on paper work today. I brought a nice sized pile home. But at least it will make this week considerably less stressful! That is always a plus.

RosieKate - Your garden tour sounds wonderful. I went a few weeks ago through the Deere/Wiman and Butterworth homes. (the John Deere family) They were beautiful. I can imagine how they must have been in their prime. The gardens and grounds were amazing. I did get some good ideas, now I just need the time and funds to do it!

Cristi - Welcome back! Missed ya! I'm up for a margarita. I've got a "Margarita buddy" at work. I think we are due for an outing! I would love to get away next summer for a group meeting. As long as I can find a pet-sitter and the time off of work, I'm good!

Jana - glad you liked the web-site. I found it by accident last fall trying to find a friend of mine something original for her birthday. I've already got a list made out to order this year! My grandmother is going to be making tons of jam and jelly this week. She picked 5 (yes 5!) gallons of black raspberries. I'm going to have jelly coming out of my $#@$%! I've never had the black raspberry version, but I love the blackberry.

Marti - I don't wear lipstick much either. I already have the full lips that people pay thousands of dollars for! I just look like a cross between a cheap hooker and a clown! Isn't that a sight?

Well, I guess this is about all I can muster up for tonight. I have to check on my patients, gather things up, and get myself tucked in. I have to get up earlier than usual to give everyone their meds in the morning. What a life!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:17 AM   #9  

Evening ladies--

Popping in for a min. while I have the time. With James and Jhanai here I try to spend time with them. (actually, James spent most of the time on the computer trying to work his new toy...a Sony Clie...one of those palm pilots...I think that's what they're called anyway. He left about 20mins. ago. Sad to see him go...but he'll be back on Saturday and I have Jhanai most of the time.

Jana--Feel free to mail me some of that jelly you make!! I love homemade jellys and jams. They are always the best.

Cristi--When the time comes, we'll figure out where we should meet. It will be fun. We can all have a margarita and chat!

RK--The garden tour sounded fun. I wonder if they have one coming here anytime soon. They usually have something going on like that at the fair grounds.

Jen--Poor babies...would you mind taking mine in to get fixed too? My mama kitty needs to get fixed soon....can't have any more cats!! I'm thinking that I'm going to end up with all of these kittens....if I can't find homes! James can't take them to get put down...the big softy!

Hello to the rest of the girls.

Jhanai is wanting to "camp" in her room tonight. I get the bed and she's sleeping on her floor in a sleeping bag. She wants me to be comfortable. Now isn't that sweet? Her room is the coolest room in the house so it should be nice to sleep in there.

My allergies are going crazy today...it started raining and anytime it's been hot hot hot out, and then it rains....my sinuses go crazy....people say they have the opposite happen...but not me....I must be the odd one!

You all have a good night!

Marti
Old 07-19-2004, 02:13 AM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening ladies,
A quick post to say hi, what a weekend!
Jen,,,your poor babies,,,give them kisses from me k? Skittles goes to get spayed on the 29th,,,Im hoping I don't cry when they take her away from me.
Cristi, glad to have you back! And you and i can drink margaritas when we meet,,,lime no salt....lol
Jana, beer drinking? You wild woman!..lol I hate beer...and yet where do I work?
Marti,,,ahhh when we lived in Sylvan and Monte was living in Calgary he would come home for weekends,,,I would sneak away after he left and cry...I hated when he left.
RK you got it right a wife beeter, sweats and the RIGHT shade of lipstick can get you a free drink,,,I know this cause I heard it once.
Well this weekend we went to Sylvan and had a lil family reunion, met up with cousins I hadn't seen in 13 yrs...my choice...lol I have the most desfunctional family ever heard of.
It was nice,,,it was my parents anniversary we bought them this solar light, light house. Got it at Costco, my brother's birhtday is the same day. The food was great,,,all healthy too! Except for the cheese cake and birthday cake, I had a sliver of the CC and a bite of the BD cake. Not bad,,,except for the bottle of wine I drank...arghhh
Today we went to Home Depot,,,bought a screen door,,,came home installed it, and then steamed cleaned the down stairs carpets,,,I feel so good knowing all that is done. The weather has been insane here,,,in the 30s a few tornadoes..lots of storms.
Had to go do a case tonight,,,I wish I could talk about it,,,very very strange. Next month after it all settles down.
well I need sleep,,,had to work on this case all week...and still sell beer...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:12 AM   #11  
my dad made me1 from wood

Hey guys just checking in already did most of my exercising for the day.... WOW IM GONNA HAVE TO CATCH UP ON THE READING HEHE I MISSED A COUPLE DAYS.Iwell im off I want to do some resist training before james comes in.... much love, heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:04 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Susan - please stop in and post, if only for a quick hello.... we really miss you!

Shanna - ditto, lol.

Cristi - I'm not much of a drinker, but when I do, it's usually a wine cooler or something like that. But I knew the points of the lite beer - 2 per bottle - so I went with that. A marguarita sounds tasty, though.

RosieKate - I'm curious just how you know about biker bars, missy. LOL How's the fort coming along? Is it dug out yet? Good luck on weigh in today.

Jen - hope your babies are better today. Medical paperwork is awful! I worked in a medical records office for awhile and noticed there is a form for everything. Getting the docs to stop and sign them was the hardest trick, lol.

Marti - when I first found out about palm pilots, I wanted one... and unlike James, I have no reason for it at all for owning one.... but they are so cool! I even went to Epinions.com and researched them, lol. So, did you camp with Jhanai last night? I think I asked that very same question last week, lol. Btw, thank you so much for serving as a mod last week... I really, really appreciated it.

Angie - glad you had fun with your cousins. When you can tell us about the new case you're on, please share! We live vicariously though you, don't you know, lol. You always have something going on...

Heather - hi! Yep, you'll find that we are a chatty bunch here.

It's a beautiful day here in Indiana, with temps in the 80's and low humidity. I'm going to clean all the spider webs off the porch and patio (again), and spend some time outdoors in general.

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:36 PM   #13  

Morning ladies--

Angie--I'm curious about your next case myself! I just started reading another book from Sue Grafton (am I spelling that right?) and you always pop into my mind when I read it!!

Heather--feel free to pop in more often.

Jana--We attempted to sleep in her room...but once we were getting ready to turn out the lights, she wanted to go to my room with the bigger bed....so we went. I wasn't going to argue. I really need to get that girl to bed earlier!! I don't care if it's summer vacation, she's still only 10!

Well, I believe Jhanai and I will be going to town to do some errands, and to go visit my grandpa.....Nothing much going on.

I will check in later if I get the chance.

Marti
Old 07-19-2004, 02:33 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Smile Hi Ladies~

Had some errands to run this morning and get caught up on stuff around the house. Good thing I cleaned before leaving! It has been so hot lately I am having to water the grass more than usual-paid too much money to let it die! Marti you can send that rain our way.

RosieKate~I just couldn't imagine 3.5 acres! And she did it all herself, and no spray of any kind? I definitely could use some pointers from the woman.

Jana~I like wine coolers also, can't remember the last time I actually had one though. I only have about 2-3 drinks a year if that. Enjoy your day outdoors. When V and I got married we had bought a bottle of champagne to take with us on our honeymoon. Well, it came back with us unopened and sat in the fridge. We opened it on our 1st anniversary!

Angie~sounds like an interesting case. You have me curious also. It must be kind of fun being a P.I. I know I really get into those kind of books and try to solve the case as I am reading, so I can only imagine how interesting it would be to be a P.I.

Jen~hope your babies are doing better. That is funny, a cheap hooker and a clown-just got a visual!

Marti~at least you have Jhanai with you while James is gone. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun together. I know me and DD do. I would love to take one of your kittens. I have been wanting one for a while but can't have a cat. DS said what are you trying to push me out? Hmmm, I told him, oh I think I will get two cats! LOL Just kidding, the kid has allergies and having a cat would be bad. But one day...

Hey ya Ms. Susan! Where are you girly? We are missing you! Hope everything is fine with you and the girls. The same with everyone else who is MIA. Look for something in the mail from me.

Hi Heather~check in when ya can. Like your avatar-what a cute puppy! I love doggies and am dying to get another. DH brother & SIL breeds chihuahuas and when we get ready for one will get one from them. They are so cute.

I have to say, I definitely am a lipstick wearer, I feel naked without something on my lips. And look awful to. Not much of a make-up wearer, other than foundation, powder, blush and of course lipstick. Don't really do anything with the eyes unless it is a special occasion then I go all out with it. Of course nothing too dark. I am more the natural type, but like to enhance my beauty. I went to Dillards once to have a make-over (just the make-up and a facial) and the whole point was to be fixed up-different from the usual everyday look. The woman said "You are a natural kind of person aren't you?", um, yeah. So what does she do? She does the makeup natural, could barely tell that I had any on, except for the lipstick, which I actually liked and bought a tube. DD said you look the same mom! this was quite a few years ago.The guy that did my mother did a good job and she looked good! And different because she hardly wears anything at all, maybe just foundation once in a while.

I am planning on heading out the door to trim some things and pick some weeds. I definitely will buy some more of the carefree roses. I cut all the dead crap off and I swear there is twice the roses as before-they are growing like crazy! The more I cut the more they grow! It's the miracle grow! Actually, I puts some miracle grow on some flowers I had on the deck and it killed them. Anyway...I am babbling...

Hi to everyone! Hope everyone is having a GREAT Monday!
Old 07-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #15  

Evening gals! The cat saga continues. I stopped home for lunch. Glad I ate first instead of checking on the girls. That darn Thumbelina managed to remove the remainder of her stitches and the two staples that were put in yesterday. I had to take her to the vet, again. She got 4 staples this time, and a cone to wear on her head for the next 10-14 days. She's mad at me now! And now this one gets to take antibiotics! I feel like I'm on a med pass in a nursing home! I suppose the reason I freak out so much, especially with an abdominal incision is that I had a bad experience years ago. I had a patient whose incision opened up and I found her intestines on the outside of her body! Thank god she was in bed and not standing up, so they didn't fall out! I even forced myself to work on a surgical unit for 1 1/2 yrs and still didn't get over it. Anywhooooo........

Cristi - Water the grass? Are you nuts? I am so happy mine is starting to dry out, I don't have to mow as often. I really noticed it this past week.

Jana - look out this week, the heat and humidity are coming back. Iowa was 90+ today, we are supposed to be for the next 2 days, then a storm and 77 on Saturday. Oh, I can't wait for that. I'll have to have all of my housework and errands done so I can work out in the yard.

Angie - I'm crossing my fingers for Skittles. No, sorry, I can't take care of her for you. I'm a nervous mess with mine. And I've got 2 more to go, in Sept or Oct. Not looking forward to it.

Marti - Don't put those babies to sleep. Have you tried putting an ad in the paper. I can usually get rid of 2-3 times the kittens that I have. I guess if all else fails, you can bring them to me! My vet has a sign posted for a free 2 month old male tiger kitten. They won't let me look at him!

Well, my dinner is done. Grilled veggies - zuchini, green pepper, onion, tomatoes and portobello mushrooms. And it smells delicious....

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote