Old 07-19-2004, 08:48 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Poppin in for a min....needed to clarify what I wrote in my last post.......

The place where we wanted to take the kittens, usually takes the kittens and has them up for adoption, we've called before and if they're overloaded with cats, they won't take anymore....and if they do it's only for them to be put down. (and this is suppose to be a place where they don't do that!) And we can't do that. So I don't want to come out as an evil cat killer or anything, I just was saying that we would have taken the kittens up there if they weren't being put to sleep.

I'm still going to try and talk to this couple who have lots of cats and can take them in. At least two of them. We'll see.

So...after my post I thought I would clarify what I was trying to say......

Sorry girls...didn't mean to sound awful!

Talk to you all later
marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 09:42 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good evening ladies~Surprised to see no one has posted except Jen. Where is every one???

Jen~my heart goes out to Thumbelina, aaaaahhhhhh. Every time I see a cat or dog with one of those cones I feel so bad for them, but at the same time they look funny. But it has to be done so...oh, that is so gross about the patient's intestines. I couldn't take that. I had always wanted to be a nurse but I am so squeamish. Yepper's, had to water the lawn. It has been really hot and humid and someone didn't water too good while I was gone. I'm not sure what it got up to today but it is supposed to be 101 tomorrow! ICK! Your dinner sounds delicious!

Oh, I see Marti has posted. Hiya Marti~ You didn't sound awful, but I too thought you meant to put them down.
Well, just wanted to check in and see how everyone's day went, and what's up with you ladies. Chat with ya tomorrow

P.S. Was hangin' around on the site reading some other posts in the hopes someone would log on to chat. That and playing around with my signature. Still don't have it the way I want it. Bummer...can you tell I am bored. Of course when you guys do get together to chat I will probably forget. Oh well...see ya ladies when I see ya, nighty night.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:01 PM   #18  

Cool Brazen Hussies!

Gee whiz! I'm gone a couple of months and I come back to biker bars, lipstick, neutering, and marguaritas! (Makes me kinda wonder what y'all really want the blackberry jelly for! )

Hey chickies! What ya girlies been up to? Well, the last time I was here if you'll remember, it was nearing the beginning of May and all of my end of the year tests and paperwork. I warned ya that I'd be gone a month. (O.k.- O.k.- so it's been closer to 3- what can I tell ya- I teach Reading, not Math )

School let loose for the summer and I swear, I don't think I've been home 10 seconds. Mom and I started the summer off with a day trip to Sikeston, Missouri. We just went shopping and such. Then Tim and I took the kids to see the Blanchard Springs Caverns for 3 or 4 days. My parents went with us to see my aunt in Michigan for a week right before the Fourth of July. We spent most of our time with the kids at the beach there. Lovely! On the Fourth, we spent a few days at Tunica. (No, I didn't win a dang thang! ) And of course we have been to our place in the hills EVERY OTHER WEEKEND! The wildlife is amazing there this summer. Deer, rabbit, raccoons, quail, you name it. The kids have gotten really tan because they play in the creek all the time. I would love to live there full time, but alas, I have job security at school and Tim's business reputation is built up really well around here. Oh well. There's still the weekends!

Tim is leaving to go to Mountain Home for a few days to pour a factory floor. (He's a concrete finisher for anyone who doesn't know me.) Poor, poor me- nothing to do for the next few days... hmmmmm... is that the checkbook over on the nightstand? ( The voices in my head are telling me to spend ungodly amounts of money! )

Gotta go for now. I need to finish the laundry so I can finish packing for him. BTW Mount Washmore is officially dead! My washing machine died so when I got a new one, I totally tackled my laundry room and now you could eat off the floor. (O.k.- maybe not- Tim's dirty socks were there a few minutes ago. ) But it is for real totally clean. Yay for me! See you ladies later!

Last edited by Kayecee; 07-19-2004 at 11:10 PM.
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:21 PM   #19  

Kayecee!!! Boy sure missed you!! Glad to have you back!! Sounds like you've been having a great summer so far....can I come over and stay the rest of my summer? I hope you have a little time to post now and then....we start to worry when we haven't heard from you in like ages!! (time to take some math courses lady.....1 month does not = 3!)
So much has gone on since you've been away...hope you get the chance to catch up a little.

Cristi--I'm like you....I pop in here a few times to see if anyone is on to chat for a min. or so......my timing isn't the best either...but I think they said something like Thursdays??? I guess I'm going to try for Thursdays!

Today has been hot!! And cloudy! What a strange day. My flowers are dying. They are suffering....I water them everyday....(I don't over water them though!)

Ok...just wanted to pop in and see who's been posting! Glad to see you back Kayecee!! Visit more often if you can!

Marti
Old 07-20-2004, 06:00 AM   #20  
self portrait

Welcome Back Kayecee!!!! Nice to see you posting. I don't post on this thread anymore, but it will be nice to laugh at your humor and get updated on your life
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:02 AM   #21  
self portrait

Kayecee: P.S. with all your trips and such this summer there is bound to be some picture you can post of yourself. I know with you being busy and such it slipped your mind to share yourself with us gals. Don't think we are going to let you off the hook or anything though. Chop chop missy!!!! Your slack time at the Jaded ladies sight is over!!!!! hee hee hee hee hee hee
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:17 AM   #22  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Marti - I also think of Angie when I read Sue Grafton. As you know, I got the new one last week, R is for Ricochet and it is really good! If your flowers appear to be dying, check the stems and see if they are still healthy and green and pliable. If so, cut them down pretty far, (about 4 or 5 inches from the base) and keep watering them, they will come back. I have to do this with my Wave petunias every year.

Cristi - I love my carefree roses, too! They look wild, and are just so pretty.

Jen - awwww, poor kitty! I bet she is mad at you now, lol. Your din-din sounds good... but where's the protein?

Kayecee - welcome back!! Sounds like you're having a good summer. Also sounds like Shanna's gonna keep you in line, lol.

Shanna - it's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.... keeping Kayecee in line. Actually, I'd like to see your picture done as an avatar... how about it?

RosieKate - where are you? Stuck in the fort foundation, lol???

Remember my friend who's getting married Aug. 7th? They found her brother dead in his home yesterday, and my pal is so very upset. I went over and listened to her pour her heart out. She and this brother were only 11 months apart, almost like twins. Too sad....

Also got a lot done in the yard yesterday. It was so nice to be outside without too much humidity. But like Jen says, it's on it's way back....

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #23  

Talking Morning Y'all!

Just sitting here drinking my first pot of coffee! The house is nice and quiet- Tim's at work and kids are still sleeping. It's almost 9 here. Tim will be home around noon to grab his things and go. Then..... LOL Mom and I are going to Jonesboro tomorrow to get our hair done. *sigh* Of course, since it is so close to the beginning of school, that means no babysitter... I have to get the kids' hair done too so they get to tag along. *sigh* ~teasing~ I have a blast with my kids and I don't really mind...... just don't tell them that!

Marti Good morning! How's the weather there today? It's muggy here. I really can't complain too much though- we've had a wonderful summer so far- mild and a lot cooler than normal. I'd give you advice about your flowers, but alas, I have a wicked brown thumb. (I actually managed to kill a cactus once. )

Shanna I got just one word for you girlie: Tee Hee! O.k.- o.k.- we are supposed to go and unload the digital camera at Wal-Mart before we go to the spa tomorrow. IF I like my hair, I'll have Mom snap a picture and post it somewhere. (I'm thinking of the refrigerator. ) I did have trouble posting pictures before, but maybe I can fumble my way through it. *sigh*

Jana Is Sue Grafton the author who is going to write 26 novels- 1 for each letter of the alphabet? I'm really sorry about your friend's brother. What happened? I'll remember her in my prayers.

Well, my coffee cup is low so I gotta go refill. I really need to clean house. Just when I thought Mount Washmore was dead and buried, I happened to look behind my son's bathroom door. I swear a week's worth of underwear grabbed my leg then put me in a choke hold. I fought the drawers off and now they're swishing around in hot water. Why are kids such slobs? (And by kids, I include husbands in that definition- he's no better! ) Later girlies!
Kayecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:23 AM   #24  
RosieKate

Im here.... not buried in concrete like Jimmy Hoffa in my backyard
Jana - I read a tip that cutting back petunias after the first bloom will get you another round of blooms, so I tried it this year. They are just starting up again - and look so pretty!

Marti Get a load of this weather! We are expectings 90s all week in Portland. And my son has track camp up at the high school - yuck. Luckily it's in the evening so it may cool off a little for them.

Hiya Shanna, Christi, Kayecee...and everyone else. I have to be short and sweet today - gotta get out and water my flowers before the heat wave.
Need to change my sig, but I'm up one pound. Kind of blew my points on Sunday..AND It's just too close to TOM. Getting all my symptoms, really bloated, not sleeping. Oh joy. Resolved to do better this week!
RosieKate
Old 07-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #25  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning all,
Of course I want to tell you everything about the case but I can't yet..really twisted.
Teh sore throat I thought I got from all the screaming at the Mavericks was actually a full fledged cold,,,Im gross right now with all the coughing and blowing Im doing...I slept from 9 last night till 8 this morning,,,feel better,,,what a little nyquil can do.

Kaycee? Marti and I were talkinga bout you the other night,,,was going to open up a case called Kaycee, have your number and would of called you one of these days.

Marti, Tanner and Brandon are a couple of wild kids,,,they go to bed at 2-3 am sleep till noon, I get home soon after....they don't fight as much this way...lol

Cristi, like you I had a bottle of champagn in my fridge for a couple of years,,,don't like the tast of it.

ok Jen I can see why you have a thing about stitches,,,I would too,,,did a visual on the patient with the intestines hanging out...*shudder

Well need to get cleaned up for work...
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:49 AM   #26  
One day at a time

Smile

Good Morning Ladies~

Kayecee~I was wondering if we would see your face again. Thought maybe you forgot about us.

Jana~my heart goes out to your friend. That is just horrible, and right before her wedding. Do they know what happend? Thoughts, prayers and (((((HUGS))))) to her and her family. I almost bought that book, now I think I am going to have to. I just joined the DoubleDay Book club again but can't remember what I ordered. I was with it for years and then quit, not sure why. Oh, I know-maybe it was because I kept ordering too many books and not reading them. I will eventually get around to reading them all.

Shanna~good to see you at least check in too, even if it is to keep Kayecee in line. You made me laugh when you said "chop, chop, missy" my ds says that all the time to me and dd as he is clapping his hands twice! He's always in a hurry and very impatient and dd and I take our time.

Marti~it seems like my timing is never right! I remember you ladies have it planned to talk on Thursday and I wrote it down to remember. Posted it on the screen so everyone knows. Hopefully, nothing will come up and I will be home. I have some ground cover that is supposed to be drought tolerant, and be full sun, but if I don't water it every day it wilts and looks so thirsty. I don't want them to die, they have such pretty purple flowers on them.

RosieKate~how is the fort coming along? That is going to be so cool when it is done and the kids will have so much fun.

Susan~you best get your booty in her girly and at least say Hi. We are worried about ya.

Hi to everyone else Kathy, Katie, Sue, Jen, Angie, Rita-I see you posting on other threads so come on over and say Hi. Forgive me if I have forgotten someone.

Has anyone seen the play or movie Bang, Bang You're Dead? WOW! I was watching that Sunday and it made me cry. They were saying it first came out in 1999? in Eugene, OR. It was really touching-and it amazes me how things have changed since I went to school. Kids were never that mean. I need to quit watching tv I swear. I was up till 1:30 this morning. Watched the animal channel, can't remember the show-it's like the Animal Police. It amazes me how cruel people are to their pets. It broke my heart to see that one dog. But they take them to the animal hospital and brought two back to par. Poor doggies, were starving, for food and attention/love. That one dog was so cute-I am glad that they arrested the girl. She said rats had bit his legs, and it had a big scab on his nose, you could see the bone. They weren't clear on how it happened or what caused it. But she had it chained to a pole in her kitchen, the dog barely had room to move. Could lay down and that was about it. There was no food what-so-ever in that apt. for the dog, so sad...it made me cry. Anyway...

After staying up late I wanted to sleep in but noooooo. They finally decided to start across the street with the last two houses on the block and were getting ready to start the hole for the basement on one. While I don't care to be woke up at 7 am by the noise they didn't actually start till 8. So now I get to look forward to about 6 months of constant noise, oh joy!

Don't really have anything planned to do today. Just some straightening of the house and a couple of loads of laundry. If it wasn't so hot I would go for a walk. I'll have to jump on the old treadmill. I see people jogging all the time and wish I could. Just don't care to be hit in the face with my boobies! Everything just bounces and flops...oh gross I just got a visual. Okay, babbling again.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful Tuesday! TaTa for now
Old 07-20-2004, 12:12 PM   #27  

Good morning ladies!!

Jana--I was at walmart the other day and saw "R is for Richochet" and I thought about buying it...but I don't own any others!! So I thought I would start buying the others first, get the whole collection. Right now, I'm just borrowing the books. Do you have the paperback or the hardcover? I prefer hardcover books, the first three were hardcover the next three are paperback..... (bit of info that's pretty usless isn't it? )

Kayecee--Enjoyed the chat we had last night. Glad to have you back on board too! First POT of coffee?? OMG....my blood pressure would go through the roof if I drank a whole pot! I remember having the pleasure of drinking as much as I wanted!....and now I can't. So enjoy it for me ok....I think I will stick to my one cup right now.

RK--90' weather is not what I call comfortable at all ....I would prefer it to stay 80' at the highest!! James is up in Portland this week. He's staying in a Motel near the Lloyd Center......he says it's horrible...just across the way is the Red Lion and another one close by Shilo Inn....yet the railroad stick the guys in a shabby one!! Cheap!! (no wonder they can retire with money)

Angie--When do your boys start school again? Are they going to have a hard time getting used to getting up early again??? Jhanai has been going to sleep at midnight...(with me) I have no idea what time she goes to bed with her dad. I got up semi-early this morning, she's still in bed. So I'm taking advantage of the time.

Cristi--Is that movie you watch about the school shootings? I remember hearing something about them making a play or a movie about it. Didn't know that they did. I remember when the shootings took place, I was working at Sony the first year, and remember some co-workers getting frantic because their kid went to school there....but I never saw them leave!! If it were Jhanai...I'd drop everything and leave the minute I heard a shooting went on.

Well ladies, I better wake Jhanai up....

I will try to check back in later!

Marti
Old 07-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Wasn't trying to ignore you RosieKate and Angie. You ladies were posting as I was finishing up and when I hit submit I saw you ladies had posted. Of course I seem to be one slow typist. Thought I better say Hi before I log out for the day.

RosieKate~I will take your 90's for the 100's we are supposed to have today and tomorrow-of course minus the humidity. I can attest to cutting back-I don't have any petunias but my roses are going crazy. I have never had any roses that have had this many blooms. Sorry about the pound this week. I completely forgot to weigh this week and last-ooops! That's why I added the ? to my signature. I will only weigh on Monday otherwise it will make me crazy.

Angie~hope you are feeling better. I have always heard summer colds are the worst, but have never had one I don't think. So take care of yourself. Hey, when did your boys start fighting, at what age? Mine were so close when they were little, even thought they are totally opposites. But it seems when they became teenagers, or maybe just before, about the ages of 10 & 12 maybe??? It was like all **** broke lose. To this day they hardly acknowledge one another even after all the talks I have had with them. It breaks my heart.

Marti~yeah, that's the movie. I started crying when they arrested the kid because of a video he made. They went to his house and searched his room and took all his videos and when they had their meeting at school with the school board, the parents, the teacher who turned the video in and was trying to help him, and some others...the cop wanted to see what was on his other videos and it showed the torture that they had endured, being trash canned (can't remember what they called it), putting their head in the toilet and on and on by the some of the football players-it was truly sad. I think it is something for every parent to watch with their kids when they get old enough. I can't believe how cruel kids are. And it is not just in the big cities. There was a boy at DD's school who had made a bomb threat to the school twice. He got caught after the second one and they searched his house and found a bomb he made. All because he felt like his mom didn't care because she was single and had to work, and because the kids teased him at school. It's funny because when kids tease at school the kid that is being teased just kind of laughs it off so they will keep on thinking it's not bothering them. When deep down it really is but they try to play the tough guy in front of everyone at school. then people act surprised when they have had enough and either bomb the school or shoot people. They just don't know what else to do and that is so very sad.

Okay, I need to get off this thing. I have been on waaaaay too long. Have a good one...
Old 07-20-2004, 01:02 PM   #29  
RosieKate

Hey I'm back
Finished watering things, kids are parked in front of Elmo, so I have a few minutes....

Jana - so sorry about your friend's brother - such a tragedy.

Christi - that movie does sound like the shootings in Springfield - and not too long after they actually happened...My brother lives in Eugene and called me after that happened and was thoroughly freaked out. A friend of his was a nurse in the ER down ther - it was ugly....

Marti- At least James is walking distance to some entertainment - if they let him have any time off at all, lol! He could always go for a walk on the Eastbank Esplanade or check out the mall. I'm sure he'd rather be at home.....

OK ladies - the fort is shaping up. The plans are done, and Grandpa is sending DS a copy snail mail, which should really get him excited. The guys are getting together Sat. a.m. to pour the concrete footings and get the kids' handprints in them, of course! While they are drying, we'll need to go shop for materials, then who knows. We'll figure out the rest. It looks as though it will go up pretty quickly.. famous last words, I know. Every time we have a DIY project it seems to always 1) cost twice as much, 2) take twice as long, and 3) blood is shed. Just as long as my baby is not the one getting hurt.....
RK
Old 07-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #30  
One day at a time

Hiya RosieKate~hey, love the new avatar and batman is a cutie!

Just checking in for a few to say Hi before I get busy for the evening. I may check back later, not sure. V is working late so will be taking him some dinner at 7. Been watching the guys across the street digging the hole. They sure work fast, already have the two holes dug to get ready to start the basement/foundation on the houses across the street. I will be so happy when they are finished-no more dirt piles, mud in the street, nails in the street, tools left behind in the middle of the street, etc. etc....It's interesting to watch though. I swear I was a carpenter in my other life. I've laways wanted to work construction and work on cars.

See ya...