Old 07-20-2004, 04:50 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Kayecee - yep, that's the same author... not sure what she'll do after Z. Probably laugh all the way to the bank. Like Shanna, I'd love to see a pic of you turned into an avatar like some of us have done. Speaking of which....

RosieKate - love your new avatar!!!! Sorry about the 1 pound gain! But I lost 3/4 pound last week and none of the JLs even noticed, (sniff) so I wouldn't worry about it. It will come off soon enough.

Angie - hope you're feeling better. Want me to bring some chicken soup?

Cristi - A is for Alibi was the first of Sue Grafton's books, but they don't have to be read in order. Not sure why my friend's DB died, but they are doing an autopsy, I think. I could never forget to weigh in... after working hard at it all week, I'm ready to hop on that scale on Saturday mornings, lol.

Marti - I've got the books in paperback through E, and then I started buying them in hardback. She and John Grisham are the only 2 fiction authors I buy in hardback. Well, once in awhile, Maeve Binchy too.

It's hot here in Indiana, too, but I've stayed in the house. Even in this heat, I made some chili for tomorrow. We love it all year, and it tastes better the next day. I'm trying to talk Katie into cooking tonight's supper, w/o much luck, lol. I could offer cash... that usually works.

Later!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:20 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies!!

I just got a phone call from the place I took my typing test at. They sent me an over the internet questionairre for me to fill out and send back. It was interesting because I was out in the yard doing some raking and mowing and Jhanai comes running out telling me that someone called and left a message...(why didn't she answer? I don't know) anyway...the man from Human Resources was someone I knew from Sony! So I called back, left a message that I was still interested in the position and he called me back and we chatted.
(to be honest, I don't think he really remembers me at all since my last name has changed,,,,but he did a good job at pretending!)

But I know him and once he see's me, he should remember. Helps knowing that I may have my foot in the door!!! So I will be filling out the questionairre and sending it back.

Great news eh??!!

Cristi--I find it amazing now a days how kids deal with anger and neglect!! It's scary. Jhanai was telling me that this little boy was suspended from school for pretending to play around with a gun using his finger. Isn't that strict? But I suppose that's one way to get the point across.

RK--James has been all over the place up there. He's been to OMSI a few times already. He brought home a gift for me when he came home. One of those really neat Themometers...glass with little glass weights inside that have liquid inside. Hard to explain....but I love it...and have been wanting one!!

Jana--I'm sorry I didn't notice your loss!! Forgive me. Did you notice mine?? I decided not to announce it anymore...just change the signature....only because I keep losing and gaining the same two pounds!! But I've finally got past the 148.....happy about that.

Hello to the rest of you girls.

I've been in my yard for a few hours!! I've mowed everything. Sweat pouring into my eyes!! My arms are sore from all the pulling and vibration of the mower. Started to use the weed eater to get the edges of the fence and I ran out of string half way through! (should of seen my little tantrum I threw when that happened! )

Enough of my babbling here...I have to fill some things out!!

Take Care and I will try to check in later!
Marti
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:45 PM   #33  
my dad made me1 from wood

I not feeling well today but i stuck to my food and exercise program today.... im gonna go lay down take care all. heather ill try to post tomorrow if im feeling up to it...
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:26 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Jana~I am sorry also. I did notice your loss, just forgot to congratulate you on it! Every little ounce counts! I have been babbling on and on so much I get side tracked. Was that a hint, hint in your voice? I do plan on putting a picture of me as my avatar, but not until I have one taken professionally-they always turn out better for some reason.

Heather~sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather also. Hope you and Angie get to feeling better soon. Come in and chat when you feel up to it.

Marti~yeah, it does amaze me. I am glad I don't have kids in school anymore. But when adulthood comes a whole new slew of worrying, and of course I am the biggest worry wart. I do hope you get that job-a second phone call usually means something good. And I am sorry I didn't notice your loss either.

Man, it was a HOT one here today. Not sure what the temp was but had to go water the flowers and the trees. Of course I go out when it was probably the hottest time of day-3:30. I was only out about 30 minutes if that and that was more than enough! You take it easy out in the heat Marti. The woman next door has her son mow her lawn, he does every thing for her, she is an elderly lady but gets around quite good. But he does the maintenance around the house-he was mowing the yard when I went and watered. I wanted to spray him and cool him off he looked so hot. I didn't though, I was nice.

Nighty night ladies, see ya tomorrow
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:28 PM   #35  

Wow! You guys have been a bunch of posting fools today. Took me forever to read through it all. Makes me feel even worse about having to work all dang day. I almost feel guilty about mentioning this, since I didn't notice Jana's loss, but I lost 3 lbs. (Sorry Jana! )

Thumbelina has all of her staples still in! Poor girl, has to put up with healing uneventfully from surgery! She seems to be getting used to her conehead! I'm not getting so much of the cold shoulder. The crap I do for these cats!

Marti - Congrats on the call back for that job. Hopefully that guy will remember you, especially if it is all good! Oh yeah, I didn't think you were a kitten killer, there had to be something missing. You don't seem like the put 'em in a bad with a rock and toss 'em in the river type of chic!

Jana - Protein is one of my downfalls. I did have a ham sandwich for lunch today. And some scrambled eggs for dinner. Does that help? I'm just not really big on meat. I did get a huge zuchini from someone at work today. I think it's around 3 1/2 lbs. I'm gonna slice thick and grill it with parmesan cheese on top. YUM!

Cristi - What I don't understand about kids, maybe because I don't have any, is once upon a time, they used to play violent games (cowboys and indians, cops and robbers) and no one got killed. What's the difference now with kids? Is it the parenting? No one at home supervising? I just don't get it.

Angie - Is there almost nothing worse than a cold in the summer? I've been lucky, it's been quite awhile since I've been sick. (knock on wood)

RosieKate - I'm sure the 1 lb is related to your TOM. As sure as I am that my 3 lb loss is because mine is over. Now I have to work at it this week.

Well, I'm off to watch some of last comic and then get ready for bed. I haven't been sleeping well this week. Wonder why!

Jen
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:43 PM   #36  

Hi again--

Been browsing around....figured I would stop in and say hello!!

Cristi--If the son was of legal age and had a nice body....you should offer to spray him off a little. Just to look at the wet man. ......(can you tell I'm missing James? Sorry) I try to not over do it while working in the yard. I have had heat exhaustion in the past. I remember riding my bike with my ex years ago.....he turned around to see me in the road passed out. So I've learned to keep my hydration going and make sure I eat something before I work out in the heat.

Jen--CONGRATULATIONS on the 3lbs. (don't be mad at me Jana) But three pounds is great!! Wow...wish I could get another three pounds down...then I would be below my monthly goal weight!! Which I'll probably have to change to my Aug. goal. SOMEDAY I will reach 145!

Heather--Sorry that you're not feeling good. Try and drink lots of fluids. This weather tends to have people not keeping themselves hydrated enough and then you really start to feeling bad.

Jhanai and I are doing leftover tonight. I feel bad when we go to the store and I'm like...."check the price....is it cheap...oh heck...we still have left overs, lets' eat that". Leftovers can be tiring after a few days!!

Ok....I mentioned I was browsing around earlier.....and I notice that some people have a goal of fitting into a bikini. When was the last time any of us have been in a bikini???? I think I was 10. Even if I was at goal weight....you'll never see me in a bikini. Maybe in my backyard (if I had a privacy fence) so I can tan...but I don't have the desire to fit into a bikini. Once stretch marks scarred me for life.......I've been VERY self concious(sp?) of that! Of coarse...I have no problem running around with my wife beater and sweats with my hair all tangled up!! I'm always making sure I bend over long enough to smile to my neighbors too!! Nothing like a butt crack to look at!!

Ok....enough of me babbling on.....I'm waiting for James to call me so I can tell him about my phone call. Have him keep his fingers crossed!! Would be nice to go to work. Even if it's only part-time!!

Chat with you ladies later

Marti
Old 07-20-2004, 09:55 PM   #37  
One day at a time

Hey ya Jen~glad you are not getting the cold shoulder from Thumblina anymore, poor baby. CONGRAT'S on your 3 lb. loss. Are you still doing slim fast? Maybe I should try it again, after all it has been years since I tried it first. About kids today I am not sure what it is. One thing I know when mine where growing up, I never allowed them to have toy guns, just didn't like it. Figured there was a zillion other things they could play without pretending to kill someone. They never really played cowboys and indians, maybe because they are 1/2 indian, but mainly because I never bought the guns and when someone bought them one, which my mother did and FIL did-they were thrown in the trash. I was more into buying them books, or educational toys, or taking them places, being involved in sports etc. I'm not saying my kids turned out perfect either. Kids today still play violent games, video games. I think too the world is so different from when we grew up, or when I did anyway. It's not a whole lot different from when my kids grew up. And I just think it is a combination of things, not just one thing. But that is JMHO and I am no expert.

Your dinner sounds gooooood! Of course I am not really a zucchini eater, but i have had zucchini bread and that is yummy!

Okay, I am outta her till tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:05 PM   #38  
One day at a time

Talking

I really was on my way out but saw Marti is on-Hi ya Marti! Okay, you grossed me out (I got a visual) and made me laugh! I have to clarify, Wanda the lady who lives ther is about 70'ish, probably older, not sure and her son looks about 60'ish! So, no I wouldn't wet him down to see his body! But it probably would have felt good to him. Her grandkids are about my age, a little younger. I'm glad to hear yo are taking care of yourself before and while you are in this heat. Me being fair skinned I cannot take this heat, makes me sick to my stomach.

Okay, Hi to everyone else. I really am outta here now!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:32 PM   #39  
GmaTo8

Smile

Just popping in for a minute....

Thanks to all who commented on my HUGE loss this week, lol.

Marti - congrats! I wasn't sure what you weighed before, so you'll have to announce it on your weigh-in day like I do. Good luck with the job!

Jen - congrats to you, too. It comes off slower when you've lost 57, lol. On the other hand, last week I lost 2 and the week before it was 2 1/2. But I'm just happy with any loss at all! Yes, the eggs and ham helps with your protein! Also cheese if it doesn't bind you up. TMI! TMI! And don't forget beans... beans are good!

Cristi - you don't have to get a professional picture for us!! We like the "candid, everyday Cristi", lol. Hey, when I get my new glasses, which should be maybe Friday, I'm posting a new avatar. Of course, I have to take about 30 digitals before I find one that doesn't make me wanna cry!

Heather - hope you're better tomorrow.

Anyway, I wanted to say Raggedy Anne - if you're reading this, you found the right place!! She is a friend of mine who I invited to join us. You other JLs would really like her... she's as crazy as we are.... well, maybe not THAT bad, lol.

See you later,
Old 07-20-2004, 10:42 PM   #40  

Ok Jana...you got me stumped again...what is TMI????????

Beans are good....but would kill me and anyone near me!!

You can find lots of protein in fish....salmon, trout, tuna, any fish....so if you like fish, that is good. And chicken.....good source of protein.

Just jumping in saying my 2 cents!!

Raggedy Anne......Looking forward to chatting with you!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 11:41 PM   #41  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello everyone,

Cristi, I don't think I could handle watching a show about the animal thing,,,I saw soemthing once on the news about animal cruelty and was beside myself with worry.
Crisit, my boys still fight,,,they are 5 yrs apart and I always thought it was because of the age gap, but I don't know.
Like you Marti if I heard of shootings in my children's school I would be gone from work so fast. This world can be cruel, Im always on my boys not to be rude to others,,,Tanner came home once complaining about a kid who wore funny clothes and didn't have anything good,,,after explaining how everyone is different and how being afriend to others who need it could be the best thing ever...be it now or years from now,,,this world is round,,,what comes around goes around...and it could come around and bite you in the butt!

Jana good job on the loss! And yes mom I could use some chicken noodle soup...Caryn a lady from work was going to Subway for lunch asked her to get me some soup,,thye had none,,,I thought they had soup? So instead I had tea...yuck! I hate tea. And water,,,seems all I can do is drink. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow afternoon.
Jana Im sorry abour your friends brother...what a time to lose a loved one,,I guess no time is a good time to lose a loved one.

Jen what do you do with your babies when you go on holidays? I called this kennel place called the Country Animal Spa Resort...lol The lady and I had a nice talk about Skittles and her temperment,,,she offered to get her to play with other dogs,,,which shes doesn't do, other then her sibling and mom. And Sparky my mom's dog...who just turned 12. Monte and i went for breakfast Sunday,,,he asked me if my mom told me about the lumps along Sparky's body,,,I almost starting crying right then and there,,,this dog has got to be the best dog evere. He was so abused, by neighbours of mine and my mom saw it and freaked on them told them she would take the dog if thats how they were going to treat him,,,well they literally threw him over our fence and said here. ITs like the last 8 yrs he has made sure my mom never regreted saving him. ok before I start crying...being sick and TOM makes me all weepy

well Im off to bed,,,I have that George Straite concert tomorrow
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:12 AM   #42  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Katie did I mention I lost my address book? I have a postcard with your name on it...*smile
Angie
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:35 AM   #43  
self portrait

Jana: just to clarify, you would like to see my picture done as an avantar or kayecee's???? I wouldn't know how to begin to get mine up there.
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:08 AM   #44  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Shanna - I am unclear as to why you felt the need to post something smart-aleck on every thread we have? Not sure how Cristi will take the "fart" comment on the Inspiration thread she started... Since you wanted everyone to see all of your responses, I will leave them for a bit. After that, please don't get offended if I begin a clean up. This site is a second home to me, and for some reason I feel like it has been vandalized. If you have issues to discuss, please PM me, or call, since I have trusted you enough to give you my home phone number. Btw, I was talking about your avatar....

Marti - TMI = too much information.

Angie - I saw you pop in and out of chat last night... I was in the main room since nobody was at the Jaded Ladies. I tried to catch you, lol.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:11 AM   #45  
self portrait

sorry, got bored and I had my name on 7 of the posts and just got carried away, won't do it again, just erase all my stuff, from everything, and I mean everything
SqueakMouse is offline   Reply With Quote