3/4 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 can Campbell's® Cheese Soup
1 cup 2% milk
2 tbsp. butter OR 2 tbsp. margarine
1 1/3 cups Instant Mashed Potato Flakes or Buds
0 Chopped fresh cilantro OR 0 Chopped fresh parsley

Directions

COOK beef in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.
STIR in tomato soup, corn, picante sauce and cumin. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 min.
MIX cheese soup, milk and butter in saucepan. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in potato flakes. Let stand 30 seconds. Mix with fork until evenly moistened. Drop potatoes by large spoonfuls onto beef mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro.

Yesterday was fun.. my hubby tells me I'm getting too dark! Now whadya think about that!?! I finally found the library, but I have yet to read a book! I can't wait... I havent read in a long time! Anyways I need to join in the challenge.. I have been doing HORRIBLE!! I drank 2 real sodas, ate a burger, and two fries, and some skittles! I did exercise for an hour today, but I need to exercise again!!! I bought some sugar free chocolate so that maybe will help with my cravings... I am sooo tired! I have so much to do. I need to finish washing clothes, folding them and etc. I need to wash dishes , take a shower, bathe the kids, clean the living room... etc. I've cleaned up earlier.... but hey it doesnt stay that way!

Faye- Yes, Fast food is my downfall…. Especially when I’m driving…. I havent been able to eat my TV dinners either like I used too. Maybe now I can that my lil sis is gone…. I can cook smaller meals or something.. Plus I won’t be out traveling as much!!!

Julie- You are right! But at the beach.. I do fix sandwiches for me on wheat bread and fat free cheese… so I do ok! I also have fat free chips and stuff. The thing with me is that I get nauseaus and hungry and end up eating what I’m not supposed to.. Bad Jaymi!!

Mscat- Preach on!!! Don’t ever feel like your preaching to me… I like to hear what you gotta say!

I know I missed everyone… Heather, Carri, Amanda, Susan…. Whoooo who else!!

I think I need to get this fast food thing out of my head… that was my downfall in the first place. I can do it! I have to achieve my goal.. And that is to be healthy… I won’t be like I am doing now. I have stopped journaling and counting and everything! I’m being awful!! Tonight (not tomorrow) I’m going to start at least getting my journaling back on track! Well time has run out! I'm sorry I couldn’t leave comments for everyone! Will talk with everyone later!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:40 AM   #47  

FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Who are our losers this week?

Mornng ladies. I am not feeling well so took some advil and am sitting up waiting for them to take effect so here I am at 2:30 am. SHEESH!

Jaymi: Let me clue you in on something, sugar free just means that and if you look at the back of the package it is LOADED with fat. If I had a preference I would take the ff with sugar over the sugar free with fat. Like those little Hershey bars are like 50% fat calories or something like that for every little piece. OH, AND ANOTHER THING, THEY SUBSTITUTE THE SUGAR WITH SOMETHING THAT WILL GIVE YOU DIAHRREA BIG TIME IF YOU EAT A LOT OF IT SO BE CAREFUL.

Carri: Hope the AC man gets to your house first thing this AM. I grew up with no ac and it was miserable and I know I couldn't live without it now so I really sympathize with you. We even run 2 fans in our bedroom at night WITH the AC just because our utilitiy bills are outrageous if we turn the AC down past 75 and they are horrible at 75 (nearl.y $200 a month for electric alone.) It comes from living in a condo, it being really old so insulation etc is
not great and it being 2 stories.

From the annals of moment: I went out to the pool with dh last night as he worked in a building with no ventilation all day yesterday and it was 95 here. I found I have lost enough weight that I can jump on his waist and totally put my legs around him! Course he then tries to get kinky in the pool!

Have a great morning gals.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 08:39 AM   #48  

Morning Ladies,

4 points again yesterday! Woo hoo.....it feels so good when I can say that. I did eat a few homemade cookies last night, but I only had a salad for dinner and I got in an extra fighter practice...so I figure I'm ok on that.

Faye...cool about the legs! I remember when I could do that again for the first time

MsCat--glad your dh had such an enriching experience.

Carrie--hope you get your ac back soon. We are running the dehumidifier in the house to cool things down a bit. No a/c in Maine....we do need it like, one week a year.

Susan--WOO HOOOOOOOO Congrats on breaking the barriers!

Anyone heard from Knhobdy? I'm supposed to meet her at Pennsic, in August, but haven't heard from her on here in ages.

Well, it's time for aerobics,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 09:18 AM   #49  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ... let me just say that last night was one of the worst sleeps I have ever had in my life...I was so miserably hot that I kept tossing and turning and sticking to the sheets, we had the windows open and 2 fans on us and it didnt do anything but blow very hot air around...I was so upset...the
a/c man is supposed to come sometime this afternoon so we will see what happens...I am nauseaus ( sp ) from the feeling of being hot...of course I put my make up on this morning in the hot house and I just sweat most of it off and it ran down my face, ya know I am looking real pretty this morning...frizzy long hair and nasty make up !! ha ha
Thanks for letting me vent ...

I didnt lose any this week...I guess I am happy that I broke even from a few binges last week, but I am happy to say that I have been OP for 5 straight days now and hope to double it next week, weekends are getting hard to stay OP, I am turning into Amanda and craving pizza, pizza, pizza every weekend, what gives??

Faye - congrats on the leg thing, my dh and I are always talking about how since I have lost all this weight we hug so much closer, I know that those kindo of things are big accomplishments...

Julie - I was wondering about Knobdy too...good job on your 4 pointers !!

Jaymi - You can do it with the fast food, but if you HAVE to have it get something low fat there, grilled chicken, salad, etc..

Hello to Everyone else, check in later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:16 AM   #50  

Default Happy Pounds Friday!!!

I am on ! I got on the : and I am at an all time low since the start of this quarter of 224.5!!!

I didn't even workout yesterday or drink all my water but you'd better believe I am going to get those two in today. Getting on my in the next few minutes. Life is beautiful.

Carri - I wish you repaired air asap! Congrats on staying OP - keep it up!

Julie - 4 points is so challenging - I admire your tenacity. Cudos!

Faye - To be in a position to get kinky with your dh anywhere is wonderful! You lead so well by example I salute the power of your sharing and caring with us.

Have a great day everyone. I am where I am because of each of you - I love you all!

mscat 239/224/140

Insantity is the act of doing the same thing and expecting different results.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 02:35 PM   #51  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all!

I just got the 1 point for water yesterday - I went about 100 over the higher end of my calories, but it could have been so much worse as I was one step away from ordering a pizza! I managed to talk myself out of it and made low fat sausage and scrambled egg butties instead - which were probably about half the calories and alot less fat, but still took me over my calorie allowance.

Thanks for the advice about the stomach pain - I might mention it to my doctor when I see her next week , the trouble is it is so hard to explain it!

Haven't got time for individual replies, except to say,

WELL DONE SUSAN on your weight loss and moving out of the obese category - that is such a great achievement!

And WELL DONE MSCAT on your pounds down!

Enjoy the weekend ladies!

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:15 PM   #52  

Julie
Faye
Amanda

Amanda: Congrat on holding strong! We all slip so don't let it get you down any.

Cleaned the whole house today (oooohhhh big surprise, right?) and am finishing up this book written by a woman and Thomas Kincade. It is called A New Leaf and it is pretty good. I love his work so much. A couple years ago my dd, sil and ds bought me a Thomas Kincade painting for Christmas. It is not huge about 8 x 10 but it is so beautiful.

I cooked a chicken, deboned it and am cooling the broth to defat it so I can make chicken and noodles for dinner tomorrow. I found German Spaetzle at our commissary and since I can't get Amish noodles down here and didn't feel like making my own, I bought them. They are a lot more expensive than regular store bought noodles but they are so good. I think I am going to make some bread in the morning to go with it. Jack loves my homemade bread and I try hard to cut calories etc out of it if I can.

Everybody have a great weekend.

Carri: Hope your AC is up and working again!

Faye
Old 07-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #53  
It is what it is...

Cool

Afternoon All -

MSCat - CONGRATS, CONGRATS on your weight loss, you are doing a great job !!!

Amanda - Great job on not giving in to the pizza Unfortunately I could not say the same thing about myself last Sunday, there is this pizza here I like
( Circle City Pizza, sausage and pepperoni ) oh it is soooooooooooo good, I sort of break down and have it like once a week ( usually on the weekend ) but with all the salt in it I usually hold onto a couple of pounds for a few days, so it does me no good, except that it tastes so good !!!
I am going to try and follow your example and not have any this week, wish me luck on an OP weekend!!

Faye - It is about 3:04 here right now and he has yet to call to come fix the a/c I am getting a little worried but my dh said to give him more time since he said it would be late afternoon, I just was hoping he could do it earlier so that I could come home to a cooler house, one more night and I might faint from the heat

Well I hope you all have a good ( and cool ) weekend...keep up all of the great efforts!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:11 PM   #54  
my dad made me1 from wood

Well I'm really depressed This is the second time this has happen to me i can't seem to get out of the car at the public pool i want to go swimming and have fun but i can't do it It's not like i see any skinny skinny girl running around half naked or anything it just this fear someone is going to be looking at me I hate having lifeguards. James really wants to go and feel awful coz he wont go unless im gonna go swim with him i offered to go and sit and watch him with ( with clothes on) its not even like im going swimming in a bathing suit it a top but its like a shirt and then i got some long shorts but i still cant do it and it makes me feel really bad coz i know james really wants to go and i deprieving him of it.......... SORRY IM RAMBLING ON ILL POST REPLIES LATER I PROBABLY GIVE BAD ADVICE RIGHT NOW HEHE. I dont know what to do grrrr it making me mad.......
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:59 PM   #55  

Height: 5 foot

Hey everyone! Quick check-in because hubby just went out to go get a drink with the boys... my daughter is sleep, and I need to go exercise... but instead I am here! I'd probably be eating though... so Rather be here! I am soo disappointed in myself... my hubby keeps getting mad at me,, because I kept getting depressed and pissed off... My clothes are getting tight and my stomach is SOOO bloated! I know it could be signs of PMS.. but I doubt it!! I know that I've been eating wrong.. If the scale is right... I gained 5 lbs... 3 back in this week.. That is just cause for me to go jump in the ocean! Weigh-in is tomorrow, so no chance of seeing a loss for this week, and I’m sure in the **** not going to take measurements... The TV dinners I usually get were way too expensive this week, (not on sale) so I have to eat the regular foods.. Well I'll go ahead and stop all of this whining.. my day wasn’t bad really, just the way I feel inside! Like a failure.. anyways.....

I have a cousin and we always made a pact since we were young to never date an ex of the other one... Well one day I was at her house.. mind you I hadn’t really talked to her in a while.... anyways I was opening up her photo albums and I was single at the time. I opened to a pic of this cute guy in his track uniform.. so as I opening my mouth to say "hook me up" That cute dude walks in the door!!!!! It was soooo scary I just closed the book and acted like it never happened! Anyways my cousin was going to college in Houston, and I would try to go out there all the time to spend time with her.. So she would send me with him all the time.. Well me and him would talk on that 2 hr trip... then one day he told me that he liked me and he didn’t like her... Why did he have to say that?!? Needless to say he broke up with her, we ended up dating and now we're married!! (hope that was fewer than 100 words!! ) My cousin was mad at me for a while... because afterwards I didn't tell her we were dating... but now we are back to normal.

Anyways I gotta get my butt up. My daughter has woke up.. so no exercise for me.. I'd love to have a lOOOONNNGG hot bath right now and read my book... but too bad. Tomorrow I have to get up and exercise no matter what! 30 minutes isn't enough to burn off the calories I ate today!!! I didn't eat too much.. but I ate the Shepard’s pie twice, some fruits, and today I cooked:

Campbell's® 2-Step Garlic Pork Chops

Prep. time: 10 min. Cooking time: 10
Serves: 4

Source: Campbell's® Quick and Easy Cookbook

Ingredients

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom,
Soup OR 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® 98% Fat
Free Cream of Mushroom Soup, Soup
1/2 cup milk

Directions
HEAT oil in skillet. Add chops and garlic and cook until
browned.
ADD soup and milk. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over
low heat 10 min. or until done. Serve with couscous or
rice if desired.
Tips Also delicious with Campbell's® Cream of Mushroom
with Roasted Garlic Soup; omit garlic.

So... I don't know how many calories that is.. but the rice alone was probably 300... so who knows! Anyways here is a kool article that someone let me in on... oh and it also corroborated with my statement that muscle doesn’t weigh more than fat!!

http://www.truestarhealth.com/member...?id=11ml3p1a43

Well seriously gotta go.. Hope everyone is well!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 07-23-2004 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:08 PM   #56  

BTW Congrats MsCAT!!! THAT IS GREAT!!
Faye- if you know of any fat free chocolate candy anywhere.. Let me know!! I know it has about the same amount of everything in it.. But I figure… I’d have to try something to help! My son stole a bag from my sister and ate the whole thing.. He was sick for 2 days… So I know about that diarrhea!

Heather- what is is exactly that you are scared of?!? If I sent you a pic of me in a swimsuit… you would feel better?!? You need to get there and start having fun… once you do that… you’ll notice that no one cares or even looks at you.. They are too busy having fun themselves!!

Susan- You go girl!!!

Everyone else.. Until tomorrow! I didn’t 4-get about ya.. Time is running out!
Old 07-24-2004, 05:23 AM   #57  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What do you have to share?

Heather: Guess it is time to give you the speech I have given everyone else at one time or another on here. I looked at your stats and see that obesity is not something you are really dealing with so I wonder just who has convinced you that you are some grotesque blob or something. Listen, it is time that we take back our bodies and our rights. If you don't stand up for you no one else will! If you are not proud of you at 150 you are not going to be proud of you at whatever your goal weight is. It is a sad thing when our self esteem keeps us from having a full life. I DON'T GIVE A DAMN HOW YOU LOOK AND YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER AS YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT YOUR SIZE!!!!!! You must must must cone to terms with what you would call the fat you to be able to keep the wieght off when you do lose it. Why are you allowing someone else to dictate what you do with your lfe and you are doing that if you won't wear a suit out in public? I am 300 lbs and wore a swimsuit in public at over 400 lbs, why, because what others think does not matter. WHAT MATTERS IS WHAT YOU THINK OF YOU AND IF YOU CAN'T STAND YOURSELF AND FIND SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU EVERYONE ELSE WILL FEED OFF THAT AND FEEL THE SAME. I call it the "animal smells fear syndrome." It is like animals that smell fear on a person and then growl at them or whatever. This is a self image not body image issue. We can change our bodies and that is what the support on this thread is about, but we have to change our self image too. You have a lousy self image and you need to work to change that. Be proud of your body right now, not because you are happy you are overweight or it doesn't look right to you, but because you are a beautiful person no matter your size. It is like having a phobia, it won't get better until you face it so face it we must! GET IN THAT SWIMSUIT, DON'T HIDE IN SHIRT AND SHORTS, A SUIT AND GO WHERE THERE ARE PEOPLE AND WALK AROUND, SPLASH IN THE WATER, LAY IN THE SUN, WHATEVER AND LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOURSELF FOR WHO YOU ARE!

Have a great weekend girls and I will check back later.

Faye
Old 07-24-2004, 09:24 AM   #58  

Morning everyone,

2 points for me yesterday. I was fine until after dinner, and then did a "tv watching binge". Well, not really a binge....popcorn and a couple of granola bars, but it was "unconscious" eating and I know I went over my calories. Sigh. I'm tired of everything revolving around my weight.

Faye--that chicken and spaetzle sounds yummy! I haven't had spaetzle in ages.

Heather--Listen to Faye! She knows what she's talking about....I wonder when we get the idea that everyone is looking at us (probably high school ) Cuz reality is that everyone is either worried about how THEY look, or just too busy having fun. If you still feel self conscious, just get James to wrap himself around you and you have a human bathrobe! BTW, my dh is named James too.....he hates it when people call him Jim, but everyone does.

Well, it's not very sunny here, but it is Saturday....and at least it isn't too hot. About 70 right now. Carrie, I hope you're sleeping cozy in a nice cool house.

Gotta go take out the garbage before the truck gets here.

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:42 AM   #59  
2006 - Panda Remix

Well what a coincidence - it must be a sign! Here I am sat in my swimsuit, ready to go swimming for the first time in years! I have about an hour until the session starts but I thought I'd put my cossie on now so I'm less likely to back out! Faye your advice is great as always - and comes at just the right time for me! I wasn't sure if I was going to go, but I thought I'd try my suit on anyway, to see how it looks - now I figure, I've got the damn thing on, I might aswell go!

I'm not feeling self confident and I'm feeling very fragile and hormonal with PMS - but I'm not going to think of any of that and am just going to go and SWIM!

So please take note Heather sweetie - next time take a deep breath, hold your head up high and GO SWIM! It really is an important thing for you to do and it will mean so much to you when you do it. Like faye says, it can't be to do with your body image as at 150lb you must look quite slim - it's a head thing and I guess it really is 'mind over matter' - just bite the bullet and do it, what is the worst that can happen?

I'll post back when I've been for my swim! Wish me luck!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #60  

Hello everyone! I am here watching Denise Austin on TV, but not doing it! My daughter has risen!! I had time to exercise.. But I kept procrastinating.. Everything is my fault! I’ve been thinking about tackling that pool by myself today, but I’m not sure.. The park might be a better bet. I think I’m not going to let myself have any rewards or go anywhere unless I exercise first. Today is my official weigh-in day. And I have gained 5 lbs back... I would like to just go jump in the ocean... but there's nothing I can do about it now. I set my alarm to go off at 6:30, but my daughter woke up too. So i put her in the bed with me and get finally went back to sleep (me included), so now at 9 and I ate some Capn' Crunch! Hubby is at work. It looks sunny outside.. I wonder how long that will last! I’m hungry again, I have a headache, and I had one of my terrifying “TORNADO” nightmares last night. I know what it probably means.. That I’m about to go through a storm.. And since hubby was in it… he’s included… I’ve been having those dreams since I was younger, but back then the tornados were always far away… they are getting closer and closer as I get older…and it petrifies me… I can’t imagine anything that terrible happening to me! Well enough of my “pity party”:

Ok I just watched a whole 30 minute workout.. I need to be doing it myself! I’m gonna go rewind it and do some of it. That darned dog is barking away… I swear if we get evicted because of that dog….. I’ll kill my DH.. I keep warning him.. But he doesn’t care… people only come and complain to me since he’s at work all the time… But the next time someone says they will have the dog removed or whatever other threats they make,,, I will say who cares.. Do it! I know people can hear my daughter crying and whatever… but people can’t be evicted because of that.. A baby cries.. That’s her job right!! But a dog… we don’t NEED a dog.. So its something they can complain about! I’m just not in the mood for the people around here.. Or a dog today that constantly barks for no reason…Anyways I better go and get ready to exercise. Talk with ya later!! Jaymi