Old 07-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #31  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone I had another 4 pointer yesterday!!! I was feeling pretty good about myself too and then I stepped on the scale this morning and it showed me up like 1 pound, must be all the salt I had yesterday, will try and flush myself out today

Heather - Feeling any better today? Hope so ...

Jamie - Dont dispair with your oink fest ha ha....it will get better

Julie - It is hard to diet when you do not have a regular routine, but I know you can make it happen...199 is not too far away ...

I also tried the Chromium and it didnt do much for me either , side note..

Faye - Feeling any better today???

Hi to all and have a good day
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:40 PM   #32  

Hey ladies!
I'm holding pretty steady with 3 point days. Althoguh after yesterday I think I need to be eating a little bit more than I am. My class is right at lunch time so I end up not having it till after 3 sometimes and by that time I can only eat a small dinner late and anyway not getting enough food. I'll have to set aside a time fore lunch or start taking it to campus with me.

I'll let you know tomorrow what my weigh in is. I'm of camping tomorrow afternoon! With friends this time not family. Check in later!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:46 PM   #33  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Get Well Soon Heather

Jaymi, so you have got two 'Nays' about the chromium but as its only a couple of bucks a bottle it might be worth a try if I was you I'd try that before I'd buy another bottle of Stacker 2's it MIGHT work for you, you never know I think the idea is to take one when you're craving something sweet its supposed to take the edge off although i've never tried that I have a bottle here so i'll do an experiment the next time I want to devour a box of cookies i'll pop a chromium tab and let you know if it stops me or not

Yesterday I did go out on my bike and it was great! I rode about 6 miles and it did'nt really feel like exercise at all the wind blowing through my hair the sun beating down on my arms and legs much better than standing in front of my tv on my I'm going out again today might ride to the beach that will be nice
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #34  

POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Amanda
Carri
Susan
Faye
Julie

Heather: Hope you are feeling better and your gorgeous new puppy is not chewing everything to bits yet!

I have headache lingerings but mostly I am worn out now from lack of rest so will try and recoup that tonight.

Boy, I am noticing some real changes with the workouts now. I have some form to my arms from my muscles and have lost quit a lot in my lower arms so I have prominent elbows now, wrists etc. I am getting more and more indentions in my legs from weight loss and working out, not pretty but I am happy about it anyway!

It is a hot day here again today so did my workout early this morning and have stayed inside. Don't need the sun to exascerbate the headache.

Everybody have a great afternoon.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:03 AM   #35  

THURSDAY: Today is time for us Thursday so be sure and take time just for you today.

Quiet here all yesterday. Talk to you guys later.

Faye
Old 07-22-2004, 08:54 AM   #36  

Morning Ladies,

4 points yesterday! Woo hoo...... Got on the scale this morning, it said 201...So I thought "that can't be right, but I hope it is"....got on it again and it said 208. GRRRRRRRR..........neither one of those is correct, I'm sure. I think the humidity in the house is affecting the electronics or something. Another reason to just not get on the darn thing.

Awful quiet right now...........

Cathy--that bike ride to the beach sounds heavenly.

Susan--congrats on the points. If you bring food with you to class, bring protein, or something that won't cause cravings later like low-sugar veggies.

Faye-hope you're feeling better today. Congrats on the bone thing!

Everyone else, come back and chat.......

Have a great day everyone!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #37  
It is what it is...

Morning Everyone

3 points for me yesterday...no WATP dvd yesterday like I did Mon and Tues, I think I needed a break, or I am getting bored with it, who knows...I try to do it before my dh gets home but cant quite make it and I hate to do it in front of him - some of the moves just make you look stupid

Julie - Sounds like you need to invest in some new scales...my old ones were doing that before I finally bought a pair of Tanita ones ( I did have to take it back once and get another pair but other than that no problem ) - I hear that the Tanita brand are some of the most reliable on the market...I have been happy so far

Faye - Glad to hear that your headache is getting better, I still say alot has to do with our humidity, I thought it sounded like we were going to be getting a break from it soon, keep fingers crossed

Cathy - I often wish I had a bike to ride for exercise, but even if I did I have no where ( well that I would consider safe to ride ) to ride it, alot of traffic in my area and I am kind of clumsy on a bike, but it must be great being able to ride to the beach, have fun !!

Susan, Amanda, Jaymi, Heather, Nefertiti, MSCat, and everyone have a good one today...
Old 07-22-2004, 11:46 AM   #38  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi!

I got 4 points yesterday! Can you believe that it is PMS time AGAIN - it only seems like yesterday that I had it! It's not too bad at the moment but I think I have water retention as my knees and knuckles are sore! I've been good on the diet and exercise since Sunday which normally would shift the extra 2lb I put on over the weekend - but it's just refusing to budge, which makes me think it's water. Oh well - I'm going to keep up the exercise and TRY to stay on track as much as I can!

I had a terrible stomach pain today - I had it once before a few weeks ago and it is really scary. It comes on out of nowhere and is not like any pain I've had before - it's not crampy or sharp, but instead my whole stomach feels like it is on fire and i writhe around in agony. I'm not explaining it well, but it's not indegestion or heartburn which I know all about. I wondered if it could be gas, but I'm not too sure it is. It lasts about 5 full minutes and i go deathly pale and sweaty because of the pain - it is horrible! Does it sound like anything you know?

FAYE - Glad you are shaping up well! How are the new clothes - have you worn any yet? I'm trying to save mine for my first week at work as you can't beat that feel of totally new clothes - but I'm tempted to wear them now as they are so nice!

JULIE - Bad news about the scales! It does sound like you might need a new pair as yours don't know whether they are coming or going!

SUSAN - Enjoy your camping trip! Well done on sticking to your plan.

CARRI - I laughed when you said that you don't like to do your exercise tape in front of your partner as some of the moves make you look stupid! The things we do to get in shape! I agree, we need to keep a little mystery in our relationships!

CAT - Ok I'm really jealous now! Your bike ride sounds absolute heaven - make the most of the nice weather and get out there regularly. Like you say, it's better than going nowhere on a treadmill! I wouldn't dream of cycling here - too much pollution and traffic, but hopefully if we move to Ireland it will be different. Your experience has made me pine for Ireland again

HEATHER - hope you are feeling better.

JAYMI - How's it going sweetie? I keep forgetting to mention that I used to have that Isaiah quote as my signature - it is such a great Bible quote isn't it?

Everyone else - have a good day!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 11:50 AM   #39  
It is what it is...

Amanda - I have an odd pain like that, and it is hard to describe, it hurts really bad but only lasts for about 5-10 mins, doesn't come around that often, and unfortunately I have been told that it is most likely my gall bladder and will probably have to be removed at some point...
Old 07-22-2004, 01:22 PM   #40  
my dad made me1 from wood

Thanks chickies I'm feeling much better however, now im tired hubby had to do a 20k this at 2am today and didn't get back in till 9am I couldn't go to sleep after he left and hadn't gotten to bed before that I finally went to sleep when he came in. I slept good until dizzy(puppy) decided she was wanted to get on the bed too so she barked until i woke up and put her on it.
Yesterday dh and i went and used the gyms sauna and jaccuzi it was great plus I did pilates and my si6 video and walked for a ml..
Satine: Great job on the 4 pointer im sure that 1lbs is just water.....
Scuzin: It does sound like u might need to start packing a lunch and eating before hand.
Cat: OH that sounds like so much fun I haven't ridden a bike in a long time.
Faye: You must really be working out hard glad to hear headaches are going away..
Julie: I know what ur saying bout those scales I got on it a few days ago it said 150 and then i got back on it like two minutes later it said 152 so who know lol.....
Amanda: Dunno what that could be maybe u should visit a doctor and have him/her check u out...
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #41  

Ladies....
DRUMROLL PLEASE!
I stepped on the scale this morning and is said......184!!!!
THIS MEANS:
#1. I lost 2 pounds this week
#2. I broke out of the 186 Plateau
#3. I am 1/2 way to goal
#4. Acording to the BMI I AM NO LONGER OBESE

Have a great day everyone and I'll check back in after the weekend!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:02 PM   #42  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

WTG Susan

No Jaymi Wassup wi' that

I rode to the beach yesterday but I was a bit uncomfortable on that trail cuz I did'nt pass one other cyclist and its not as bright on that side because there are more trees and brush and for some reason I kept looking around every time I heard a twig snap and looking for Cougars once I got to the road and could see the ocean I felt OK and coasted down to the beach the tide was in but the view was fabulous. Coming back was HARD cuz it was uphill but once I got back on the trail I flew down it I think i'll go the other way today
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:12 PM   #43  

Amanda
Julie
Faye
Casrri

Amanda: Sounds more like an ulcer to me. I had gall bladder trouble and it usually manifests itself after eating , the pain is usually up under your right breast area or through your back and is a sharp pain like a knife stab. Sort of feels like when you haven't sat in a chair correctly or something. The ulcer is food related also and is a real burning pain in your stomach area, but not down in the intestines area like an irritated bowel and eating usually makes it feel better instead of worse. Irritated bowel is just that and usually manifests itself as cramping like having diahrrea and can be that way or constipation or even back and forth. With gall bladder (my stones were in the duct and was backing bile up) anyway, the first pains may not last long and be just irritating, the next attack lasts longer and hurts more and so on until you have an attack that won't go away. When I went to the hospital for mine, I had trouble for over a year and everytime the ER doc said it was because I was too fat. After being in pain 2 straight days and having driven all over town one night with my poor daughter in the van sleeping because I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep, (dh was in Philidelphia on a business trip) I went to the ER and the first thing the nurse asked me was about gall bladder. I had emergency surgery and could have died! That is why I started refusing to go to the doctor.

Susan: Super job girl!!!!!!!

Well, this is not getting anything done so need to beat feet!

Faye
Old 07-22-2004, 02:40 PM   #44  
It is what it is...

Ok so guess what?? I just ran home for lunch and my stupid a$$ air conditioner is not working AGAIN!! I just spent all that money in May to have the thing fixed and now it is broke again...it was 82 degrees in the house at lunch so I cannot imagine how hot it is going to be tonight ( obviously no exercise tonight unless I want to faint from the heat ), the guy cannot come until tomorrow and today and tonight are supposed to be one of the hottest and most humid days we have had....I had to come on here and complain as I had no where else to go ( dh is sick of hearing it because he is dealing with it too ) , I dont even have alot of money to fix it again....ughhhhhh !!!!

Okay enough about my life ...

Susan - CONGRATS on the loss and not being in the "obese" bmi level anymore!!! Now you are on your way to the 170's!! yeah !!!

Faye - You are right, with the burning feeling it might be an ulcer...I worry about this gall bladder thing ( and you are right it is after I eat, usually something fatty ) , I usually only have it about once every three months or so...

Everyone stay cool, and think about me ( and Cat, ha ) not being cool....I know, I know there are worse things I could be dealing with ( knock on wood ) but I am a generation X brat ...

Later
Old 07-22-2004, 06:49 PM   #45  

Default Happy Thursday!

Hey Chickies - Life is grand! DH and I have experienced several miracles since he finished his Landmark Forum. The latest is he registered to volunteer at the center and suggested I register too! This is a man who never volunteers to do anything and got mad when I tried to volunteer after I took my course! I wish everyone I know could have this education - please pm me if you would like more info - it is life altering!

In addition I have been on plan for 10 days in a row! And I have exercised 3 times this week already. Won't know what the scale says until tomorrow but I have lost 3 inches since last week's measurements!

Jayme - still not preachin' but that fast food has got to go! It was pulling me down until I read High Voltage's book. Try to at least skip the fries, order the diet pop if you must, and throw away the bun! I haven't eaten buns for months and I can assure you it makes a difference. Order the dollar menu items - it doesn't hurt so much to throw away the buns. Also, I believe the Landmark Forum would make a difference in your life - you will be able to let go of beating up yourself all the time and blaming others for the stuff that happens.
Susan - Congratulations on your loss! You give me hope - My goal also is to get out of BMI Obesity land! You Go Girl!

Faye - Hope you are feeling better soon!

Julie - You are awesome with your 4-pointer. Can I be like you so I can grow "down"?

Everyone have a great evening!!! mscat

mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote