Old 07-11-2004, 07:08 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #76

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 07:15 AM   #2  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is this week's poll. What has been the hardest thing to give up or to cut back on in your weight loss program?

SATURDAY POINTS:

Julie
Amanda

Cat: Dirty Rice is a New Orleans favorite. It is cooked rice with sausage and cajun spice in it. Some places, Like Popeye's Chicken call it Cajun Rice.

Sorry I was gone all day yesterday. Busy with home stuff to do and didn't want hubby to slough off doing carpets. We ran out of soap so only got upstairs done, but the upstairs smells so fresh now.

Cutting out most of my eating out has been really hard as DH and I used to eat out all the time.

Well, I need to get chores done and let dh sleep in this morning for awhile. Our temps are consistent 90's and upper so pool was pretty warm early yesterday morning. I want to get dh out in it so we can play!

Faye
Old 07-11-2004, 10:43 AM   #3  

Good Morning I ended up with another 3 pointer so things are looking good. Its Moving Day! Finally! My car is almost all packed, the hard part will be getting my desk and dresser down one flight or stairs, in and out of a truck, and up another flight of stairs. I've very excited to have a new place! The sad news is I don't think I'll have internet untill september! So I'll have to post and check e-mail from the computer lab on campus or something

Poll - I remember last year when I was starting to think about eating healthier I cut out Chocolate milk....I drank tons of it everyday. Its like a drug to me.

Well, hope you all have a happy Sunday.
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:06 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi there!

I had a 3 pointer yesterday - had a walk around the shops but am not counting it as exercise as it was very leisurely!

That 'diirty rice' sounds nice - i make much the same thing for myself at home using veggie sausages and flavoured rice .

Silly poll - But I'm getting there! I have the odd slip up, but at least it's not 4 times a week anymore!

Enjoy your new home Susan!

Love Amanda xx
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #5  

Amanda
Susan
Faye

Darn if they didn't throw the light in the pool again so it was closed today and it is 95 here so way too hot to walk.

Amanda: When I was making the poll first thing I thought of was you and Pizza!

It is so awfully hot here that you don't want to do anything, but I did put a roast in the oven DUH and made bread today. No one said I was particularly smart!

Later

Faye
Old 07-11-2004, 08:34 PM   #6  

Default Sunday Check in

Hi Chickies - I have had a serious revelation today. My 13 year old daughter has picked up some of my bad food habits and is exhibiting serious weight gain and food addiction.

Years ago I made a decision to get out of a bad marriage because I did not want my oldest to see me in an abusive relationship. It was more mental than physical but I was determined that she not grow up in an environment and believe that is the way men and women should relate.

Now it is time for me to do the same with my youngest. I must set the example for her and create the appropriate environment for healthy eating. So Greg and I are starting on Atkins today. Not tomorrow, or after the next barbeque, wedding, etc. In addition, I packed up all the white processed boxed foods and non-Atkins canned foods to take to a shelter tomorrow. I also worked out on the treadmill for 25 minutes today. I had blew breakfast with some Hillbilly Beans - that was before I caught my daughter eating cake batter in a cup! For lunch we had a steak with a salad.

So silly poll is perfect today because I am already missing Peanut Butter and bacon sandwhiches! I can have the bacon but there is no peanut butter and not even diet bread on the first phase. I am missing baked yams with cinnamon and splenda too!

mscat816
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:30 PM   #7  

Height: 5 foot

Hey All! Cat- Dirty rice is white rice mixed with groundmeat and other spices. I buy the Zataran's boxed kind.... I forgot you are way out there!! I know I missed someone.. but I forgot that quick!!! Ms cat.... that is great!! About starting Atkins... and your revelation that is!! MY hardest thing and still is right now is CHOCOLATE!!!! I had 2 candy bars and a half today... and did I mention those donuts I sneaked the other day.. was chocolate iced on top and glazed on bottom!!! OHHHHH I"m about to go crazy just thinking about them!!! But I passed them up today when I went to buy the baby's milk!! So anyways here is another sorry excuse for a post for right now. I know you all are getting tired of seeing “short” post, I feel like I am not doing my part …. Actually I know I’m not doing my part. I should be more supporting, and making more comments. This is not an excuse, but if my computer had DSL I could do 15x’s more. It takes soo long to just load a page, that I barely have time to do anything else. I wish I had more time to get to know you all, and all the newbies to get to know me! I wish I had more time to support the friends here that I have already made! I’ve had to go to copying and pasting my posts to even make sure I’m here everyday. That really sucks!! But I want to try harder… I need to designate a time just for you all… I just can’t seem to find it. If I do it in the morning… I lolly-gag and don’t get my exercises done. Then if I wait until later, hubby or sis complains about me being on here all day… So I don’t know, but I will figure something out soon. I miss being able to read and comment every single post, that helped me out with a lot of my own problems…But I want you all who don’t know me that I’m a better person then you are seeing right now… I just suck right now!! And to all of you who already know me, you all know that I can be better than this.. So please work with me… and try to bear with me!! Well we had a busy today.. Our so called “family day” So I will try to update you all later!! BTW I lost 2 of those lbs I gained back… but of course I worked out like 4 times yesterday.. Today none yet,,, but I will!! Anyways gotta get outta here and get ready for bed!! Talk to you all later!!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:43 AM   #8  

Good Morning everyone

The weekend went ok for me....no exercise really, TOM and feeling I ate way too many carbs, but I knew it was just comfort food to help the cramps. We had friends over, but I didn't do my usual "social overeating" thing. So that was nice.

I have to teach dance for 6 hours today! Thankfully, they are not all in a row. I have a 3 hour private lesson to teach, and then my usual Monday classes.....so I think I'll get my exercise today!

Hope everyone is doing well................gotta fly now.
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:04 AM   #9  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission is to be a good example. Let us not only learn from our mistakes but not pass them to others!

MsCat: Thanks for the mission idea. I have a dd with the opposite problem. She is so afraid of becoming fat she starves herself and looks awful sometimes. Of course, though she is 26, she blames it all on me.

Julie: Good luck with classes today.

Well girls, I need to do my morning chores and try to get back on a good track as I basically have gone backwards and I know it is hormones driving me to eat but I am not controlling it well.

Faye
Old 07-12-2004, 09:16 AM   #10  
It is what it is...

Morning all ...

I didnt have a good weekend eating and points wise...I had no points for either Saturday or Sunday, again this is no excuse really but I was on TOM and nothing could or would satisfy me...I ate and ate and had a TON of chocolate...but that was then and today is today so it is back on for the week...gotta get some exercise in as well...

As for the Silly Sunday poll for me it would be Long John Silvers...geeeezzz how I love that place and I know, I know it is so greasy and artery clogging but that batter is soooooooo good...I have had a problem with going there since I was like 12!! I did have it once in February, but I used to have it like once a week...so it has been so hard....

I missed too much to do personal replies, sounds like you all had a great weekend - Faye it is hot as blue blazes here too, I feel for ya.....

Talk to you all later...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:24 AM   #11  
my dad made me1 from wood

Mscat- that is wonderful about u and ur husband starting atkins and trying to set a good example for ur children...
Jaymi- its ok, i think we all can relate
julie- sounds like u are gonna get ur exercise in today lol TOM yuckyness......
Faye- Hang in there u can do it!!!
I know the poll was yesterday but mine would be mexican food and pizza. The real problem is that james always wants pizza so we get it at least once a week...

Got most of my exercise done for the day . I do it when james is at pt only time i really have to do it and I plan on making him walk with me tonight so i don't have to beat up some of the army guys who hollar at me lol... Oh i was doing my exercise this morning and of course james old roomate comes in the room while i have my booty up in the air he was just staring too.. I told him to get his butt out of here and knock next time i swear it was horrible.. I hate watching My hubby eat i made him 2scrambled eggs, 4pieces bacon, hashbrowns, and toast for breakfast he ate it all in like 5mins and he doesn't gain anything grrr .... I got to eat ceral and it wasn't that good... take care ya'll heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #12  

Height: 5 foot

Hey all you Hot skinny Chickies!!! Don‘t you like the way that sounds!!! Heather, that's good ... about the exercises! That sucks about those guys.. you'd think army guys would have more manners with all of that discipline they are taught! And about James.. DUH My hubby is the same way.. Came in complaining that he had lost 10 lbs... SO!!!! Carri, I havent reported any pts.. because I don't feel like I have any soo you are not alone!! That's ok.. there's always a new day, right!! Julie... you go girl with your 6 hours!!! Ok, I think you got me and Nefertiti beat!! Faye, sorrry it's so freaking hot and you have such a*sholes at that pool, I wish I could buy you one and put in in your back yard!! If I win the lottery.... or even any money period... you will have one! Promise! Darn... this mission for today is a hard one... what can I teach those kiddos and my sister?!? Good one!Anyways today I have only exercised for 30 minutes.. The baby is awake.. I incorporated her into about 5 minutes of my ab work-out Lifting her up on my legs.. But she got bored! She gets bore sooo easy! My son is sick!!! Let me tell you what this crazy knucklehead son did!! He snuck and ate a whole bag of my sister‘s sugar-free chocolate. As any of you know… that will make your stomach upset and have to go to the bathroom!! I told him that‘s what he gets for acting like I starve him. He gets up at about 2 am saying he is hungry.. If I would have fed him, I’d be cleaning up vomit in his bed instead!! He had to learn the hard way.. No is NO! Plus that is STEALING!! Anyways I know I sound harsh with my kids… but I will whip their butts if 1. T hey do something that is harmful and dangerous. 2. If I don‘t teach them about stealing, lying, cheating etc.. now… Who will!!!! That is my job! I don‘t want to raise any jailbirds or non disciplined kids.. And the main thing I don‘t believe in is disrespecting teachers and talking back to adults… I HATE that!! Teachers have those kids more than the parents sometimes during school year, and they take their time to teach them to read, and write, and count… If it was so easy.. We all would teach our kids those things and there would be NO school!! Anyways enough ranting!! I hope everyone is doing ok, I have to get ready. I told my sis if she gets up early I will take her places.. So it‘s off to….anywhere that‘s Free!! I will check back in later!! Bye all
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 01:37 PM   #13  
my dad made me1 from wood

hey thought this was cute http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32803 and yes i did(u'll know what im talking bout after u read it)
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:53 PM   #14  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all!

I got the full monty yesterday (that's 4 points to me and you! )

Nigel cooked me a lovely meal of veggie sausage and mash - and weighed it all out so I could count the calories! it was lovely - real 'comfort food', but low fat and healthy.

JULIE - If the 6 hours exercise doesn't get your weight shifting, I don't know what will! Hope you are feeling better - I always crave carbs during my TOM too (and chocolate! )

CARRI - Don't be hard on yourself for going off track during your TOM - I think it is IMPOSSIBLE! You are so good all the rest of the time, that I'm sure it won't do too much damage.

FAYE - The situation with your pool is ridiculous - especially as you pay a charge for it. It obviously needs a caretaker to keep an eye on it and check entrance. Can't you have a residents meeting about it?

JAYMI - You are to be commended on trying to raise your kids to know right from wrong - not everyone thinks that is important these days. I'm sure they will grow up to be respectful and well mannered adults, which will stand them in good stead. Please don't think you are not contributing enough to the group - even your short posts are long! We know you are busy, and you are very supportive!

MSCAT - Well done for wanting to set a good example to your daughter! I'm not sure about atkins though - I think it's a great diet for weightloss, but not particularly for healthy eating. Good luck with it anyway!

HEATHER - Well done on getting your exercise in - despite the interruptions! And no, I didn't try to lick my elbow!

Take care gals!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:58 PM   #15  

Greetings!
I'm at the library at the moment because I don't have (nor will for a couple months) internet. I've been going strong with 3 point days I'm loving being in so much more control of what I eat. I finally get to have what I want and ONLY I want in the house...grante that will all end in september but its nice livin' while it lasts. I can't wait for weigh in day. I have big hopes...well, big hopes being at least 1 pound.
I've not attepmted real exercise yet. I'm concentratingHARD on what and when I eat. Once I think I have that under REAL control I'll start adding exercise.
Check in tomorrow!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote