Old 07-19-2004, 03:21 PM   #16  

Carri
Amanda
Faye

Carri: I don't know what kind of work experience you have, but I saw that my old law firm is hirering a legal secretary for the Indy office, which is downtown. BandD has a lot of perks and the Indy office has a lot of great people. Anyway, if you are ever interested their website is www.bakeranddaniels.com. I worked in their South Bend office for 6 years. I know you are pretty fed up with whatever job you are doing right now.

Julie: Glad you had fun. Does the family go or just you by yourself?

It is pretty boring here today. I am finishing up a book that isn't that great. I did shampoo the carpet in the dining room today and tomorrow I am going to do the lving room. I left that for tomorrow since it involves more furniture moving than anything else. I have to wait until next week to start on my spring cleaning project as I need some big rubbermaid storage containers and such to do the job properly. No sense in just moving from one place to the other. I am finally going to tackle all those too big clothes and get rid of them, part of them are going to my older sister. I have to tell you, I felt so incredibly sorry for her when we went to the ballgame on the 4th. She was too large for the seat and I know it pinched the whole time. I fit into mine fine, which is great news, but I know oh so well what she had to have been going through. It is torture to sit in seats that are too small for you.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:04 PM   #17  

Hey hey
Class started today and it would have been great if I were there on time! I saw it say noon on the computer and it went and changed times on me without an update. Oh well. I've been doing pretty well. Had a lot of food last night but am recovering today and should be fine for the rest of the week. I'm just DIEING to see the 170's. I'm still 7 pounds away but I'll make it!

Congrats on the job Amanda!!!!

Welcome to all newcomers !!!
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:12 AM   #18  

Height: 5 foot

Ok... short post today... I'll try to catch up quickly

Faye- you are right.. these stupid stacker 2's dont' work anyway.... Just trying to convince myself that I am doing all that I can... but its not helping!!

Cat90- it's funny I count my minutes.. so I probably got confused... I'm feeling that dazed and confused feeling as we speak... I think I got the time right this time. What does chromium do? Havent heard of it...as a diet drug that is!

Heather- cute pup!!

Amanda- Congrats on your job!

Scuzin- I know how you feel... sorry! But you will get there... just keep pushing... we both will get there!

Mscat- your words are always so unique and helpful... thanks!

I know I missed a couple.. but I"M TIRED!!

Today.. I totally sucked... BAD!!!! I mean I ate 2 burgers, some fries, some "real" soda... and who knows what else! I did exercise today 90 minutes Denise Austin, but it wasnt enough for all of that crap. We went to the zoo today... well what you could call more of a farm... But they had all kinds of animals.. I think I might download one of those pictures of the peacocks. Anyways I hope all of that walking and sweating helped... I don't know what is wrong with me... but something is! I'ts not my TOM yet... that isnt coming until next Wednesday or so... and I usually don't get PMS until a couple of days. I"m cranky and upset, and tired... so everyone forgive me! I don't have many goals for tomorrow except... try to get myself back on track! Those stacker 2 pills don't work!!! Anyways no time to get personal, but hopefully tomorrow..

Oh, Scuzin... and everyone else... I know you all are tired of me whining about losing weight... but it's not really about the weight... Before when I didnt lose.... I could say.."I"m doing the best that I can..." But now I'm not! I'm back to not having any control! The sweets are over powering my body... seriously like a drug! I don't want to go back there! I need to figure out what's going on! I havent found anything else that works except for Adipex.. but I can't take that forever.. and This month without them has been ****!! I'm not trying or doing the best that I can.. exercising 50 million minutes will not matter if I'm eating all of the wrong foods. Just bear with me (like I always say!)

Anyways gotta go now.. I"m toooo tired!
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:46 AM   #19  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is Renewal. Renewal to commitment, renewal to desire better health, renewal to do all we can to lose the weight and renewing our spirit. Let's make that something we realy try hard to do this week.

check in later girls.

Faye
Old 07-20-2004, 09:04 AM   #20  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls...had a 4 pointer yesterday !!!

Faye - I think Target Tuesday is right on this week, sounds like a plan...I am going to try and stay totally OP until we go to the state fair in August, because that day will be very, very far from OP...love the fair food...buttered ears of corn, steak sandwiches, corndogs, shish ka bobs, funnel cakes....hungry yet? or ready to slap me???

I just got to work and dont have time for individual replies so will try and check in later...have a good day all
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:50 AM   #21  

Morning Ladies,

3 points yesterday......not enough water. Working on that one today.

Rededication.....I'm in! Gotta work on exercising on Tues. and Thurs. even if it's just yoga or something easy.

No time to talk today...Everyone have a super Tuesday!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:14 PM   #22  

Carri
Julie
Faye

I am going to cut out on you guys today. I have had an allergy headache since 4:30 am this morning and even taking a lortab it hasn't gotten better. This rarely happens, but something must really be in the air today. It is takeout tonight for us as I can barely function. Talk to you all in the morning!

Faye
Old 07-20-2004, 03:56 PM   #23  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Everyone

Faye - I hope you get to feeling better...that is so odd because today my allergies have been bad, I am having some sinus pain and had to take some liquid Advil...it seems to have taken the edge off, I agree something is in the air today, of course it is very humid here today and mine seems to be the worst the more humidity we have, get better
Oh I also forgot to thank you for the job lead, I live about a half hour or so from downtown so I would rather not go that far, plus I dont have any para legal experience, but thanks for thinking of me

Jaymi - 2 Hamburgars !!! and fries? and real soda? Oh no!! Oh well if I had to count how many times lately I have pigged out we would be here forever, it happens...you will do better...remember dont be so hard on yourself, girl and wish me luck because we are grilling hamburgars tonight , hopefully I can only have one !!

Have a good afternoon everyone, sure is quiet here this afternoon - Susan, Cat, Amanda, Nefertiti? What gives ? Ha ha
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:06 PM   #24  

Hi
Still going ok. Exercise is my next big challenge. I think at the beginning of nest week I'll take clothes with me and work out after class unless I get my bike fixed and can ride it to class then I will count that as a work out as long as I still lose.

Faye - sorry about the headache Hope you fell better soon

Jaymie - I know all to well about losing control, That's what I battled for a long time especially a few weeks ago and I'm only just beginning to feel like I have it. Hang in there
Scuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:17 PM   #25  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Jaymi, Chromium is supposed to help with sugar cravings I know some people say it helps but I and i'm sure its a damn sight better for you than those stacker 2's which are just aspirin, caffeine and something else I think its cheap too so it might help if you are craving lots of sweet stuff

Carri, Hamburgers, Soda and Fries? I thought you was going to say "Oh My" for a minute

I'm tired but I still need to do some exercise not done any since last wednesday! well, apart from the greenhouse building i'm wondering if the legs will hold up to a bike ride outdoors in the sun
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:04 PM   #26  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I am back on track and got 4 points yesterday, and 4 today - yay! I went clothes shopping today to buy some clothes for my new job - got lots of great stuff which was good as sometimes i go and come back with nothing!

JAYMI - I understand what you are saying about losing control - that is how I was beginning to feel after this weekend. I find losing control of my diet and exercise also messes with my mood and i begin to feel down I know how hard it is to get the control back, but you need to be strong! Do you realise that the symptoms you are displaying could be due to the sugar you are consuming? Sugar is great for a quick high, but then you slump and get tired, headachy and irritable. The best thing for you is really to cut out the junk - not easy I know! How about doing what Susan did and have a bit of a detox? Well done on keeping up the exercise through your rough patch - thats more than i usually do!

SUSAN - You are doing great - you will see the 170's very soon!

FAYE - Hope the allergies are better. great target tuesday - after my dodgy weekend, I need renewing!

JULIE - How is your no carbs, no dairy, no fruit plan going? Have you stepped on the dreaded scales yet? I think you've probably got the right idea when you say you'll leave them alone for a bit!

CAT - i think fixing your greenhouse counts as a workout - hey, if i manage to set foot outside the front door I call it a workout!

CARRI - Step away from the fair food! Oh okay then - but i want all 4 point days until then!

Everyone else - have a good evening.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:43 PM   #27  
my dad made me1 from wood

I not feeling well today but i stuck to my food and exercise program today.... im gonna go lay down take care all. heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 12:23 AM   #28  

Height: 5 foot

Ok everyone, if yaw’l don’t like my hot pink.. Then too bad!!!! Anyways!! (you all better laugh!) Ahem,

Faye- Hope you feel better!

Carri- Did you say FAIR FOOD!! Yeah right! I barely remember what I ate today! But you said wish you luck so…

Heather- Sorry you feel bad! Hope you feel better!

Amanda- Good advice… but how da heck am I posed to detox!! When I try to say “I can’t have that!” it just makes things harder on me! I’ll get back on plan though.. I hope this is pms…. That could make me crave all of this stuff!

Susan- Good luck with your exercising… that sounds like a great plan!!

Cat- will have to try that chronium!

Julie- Congrats on your pts!

Me= No points for today! Or yesterday! I totally suck!!!

Today was a rough one… I’m not sure if it’s me that’s being grouchy or not… but me and my sister have been fighting like cats and dogs. Then my hubby wants to come in and tell me something smart and I went off on him too! I don’t get it… If I ask, what do you want for lunch… quesadillas or bar-b-q then why can’t I get an answer! He gotta make things difficult and say which ever one yaw’l don’t eat.. And it doesn’t matter…. My sister on the other hand… I ask her a simple question like… is there a car behind me.. And she get’s an attitude like I’m bothering her! Maybe it’s just me.. My TOM is next week, maybe I have PMS, but I hate when people act dumb! Anyways sorry about that! I didn’t get to exercise today… I ate about 3 tacos from Taco bell, and something else (that I can’t remember) and a dipped cone from Mcdonalds… (that’s when I got pissed off) I figured a dipped cone is better than a double cheeseburger and fries!! I’m still at 142 so that pack of Skittles I had last night hasn’t settled in yet! OH well, my clock is set to 5:30 am.. I gotta get my exercise in!!! Today I didn’t hear my alarm go off at all!! I got my library card today.. But my daughter was acting bad though… I thought about going there to email you all because they have high speed internet.. But if she cuts up like that…. Maybe not!! Anyways the beach, the mall, and the family dollar, and walking around the strand will be in the plans for tomorrow. Wanted to go to Ripley’s aquarium, but no money! Wanted to take her to TX roadhouse for chicken strips.. But no money… so hopefully we can make it through her last day here without fighting. Well I gotta go now.. Talk with you all tomorrow!

Last edited by Jaymi_Dol_78; 07-21-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Jaymi_Dol_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:36 AM   #29  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so gripe away gals!

Jaymi: I went back and reread a lot of your posts and I think I see a big part of your weight loss problem and that is takeout or fast food. If you want to lose, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GIVE UP FAST FOOD CRAP.

later girls.

Faye
Old 07-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #30  

Morning Ladies,

Let's see.......I think I got one point yesterday. Water. I didn't exercise and I kinda lost control on the skinny cows (sounds kinky, huh :wink: ) This whole summer thing is just kicking my butt. I don't have a routine and it shows. I keep thinking that when school starts, things will get better. Some days, like yesterday, I just end up staying on the computer all day.

Amanda--Way To Go with those 4 point days!!! I did the no-carb thing for a week, like the South Beach diet says to in order to "jump start" the loss. But that is for people who haven't been eating healthy for a year already. It's mainly to detox the system from white sugar, flour, etc etc. But I haven't eaten like that in ages. I basically already follow the program on my own, except for the no fruit. I do feel better without the fruit, I could tell I had sugar withdrawl from the nasty 2 day headache I got that week. I'm still drinking milk in my coffee, but it's the "lactaid" brand which is easier for me to digest. Unfortunately, I've been eating take-out and pizza and junk just often enough for me to stay exactly where I've been for months. Sigh. One day at a time. I'll bet it felt great to get some new clothes!

Jaymie--Faye is right about the fast food in your posts. I know when my kids were the ages yours are, and I stayed home with them.....I used ANY excuse to get the **** out of the house. I very often went shopping, mainly for fabric and craft supplies because I could justify that I was "making" something so it wasn't really spending money. But almost every time I went out I ended up at McDonald's to appease the kids. You said you got a library card....Good for you! Find places you can go to get out but that don't require food. Even the beach means you gotta bring snacks, right? But you can't eat in the library.

Faye and Heather....hope you're feeling better today.

Cat90--I tried the chromium for sugar cravings and it didn't do squat for me.

Susan--Good luck with the exercise. I know when I was in college was when I got the most exercise because I had to walk everywhere. My dorm (and later apartment) was always on the opposite side of campus to my classes. Of course, when you're a theater major, you end up sleeping in your classrooms on a regular basis

Well, gotta get to aerobics now. Everyone have a super day!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote