View Poll Results: What Laundry Detergent Do You Use Most?
Tide 2 20.00%
All 1 10.00%
Cheer 1 10.00%
Gain 1 10.00%
Arm & Hammer 0 0%
Purex 2 20.00%
Generic Or Whatever Is On Sale 2 20.00%
Other 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 09:48 AM   #16  
Losing it!

Good morning girls!!!!!!

Doni, nice to hear from you! They say things happen in 3's, so now maybe your annual 4th of July mishaps will disappear! CONGRATS on the weight loss!

Ramona, are you excited? How soon before Dan will be here?

Shelley, I hope you get the doors figured out. Your probably right to wait until Mike gets the flooring done.

Carol, it's nice to see a message from you here on the board. I'm staying OP somewhat...I can only half-heartily get into it.

Sher, I'm like the others, is the plaque a pic of something in your house?

Jennelle, are you ready for school to start? Will your son be graduating this year?

Deb, I bet you are so dark, enjoying the new pool this year!

Dee, how ya feeling sweetie?

Vickster, where ya at????? :-)

Tina, I hope things went well yesterday.

I need some input from ALL of you!!!!!! I'm committing to two craftshows, one in September and one in November. I need to know from you guys, if you were going to a craftshow, what type of items would you be looking for and with what type of patterns. An example would be home decor items painted to complement the shabby chic, tuscany or country decor. Would you purchase smaller items like painted candles or go for the larger items like painted shelves? Also, if you were to purchase a piece of hand painted clothing such as a shirt or vest, what would you want painted on it and in what colors? Same question for purses, what color of handbag would you like (black, brown etc.) with what pattern, colors? PLEASE, PLEASE give me some input! I hate to paint all of this stuff up and then not be able to sell it! If you have attended craftshows, please give me your input of what you would be interested in seeing and purchasing.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:41 AM   #17  

Tina how are you doing today? You are in my prayers. I know that this is a difficult time for you.

Gayle Dez looks like Larry, neither of my kids look like me except they both have large eyes like me. Larry retired wearing dresses a few years ago. Now for the craft show. If I was going to a craft show in september I would be looking to buy something for myself or the house. I like both brown and black purses. I wouldn't spend more than $50. I like the country look. In November I would be willing to spend around $100 and I would be looking for gifts and or a small something for the house in the christmas theme. I wouldn't buy any clothing for anyone else because of the size issue. It would be accessories or something for their home. Hope that helps you out a bit.

Sherry tell your son that we have a lot of misquitoes here. I hope that he enjoys his trip. Lovely area.

How are you all doing?

This may be my last post for a week or so. We are renting a cottage from sunday to saturday. By the way I got my wheelchair yesterday. I guess I pestered enough and they tried a little harder to find one for me. This will be great for the lake. I can venture out further.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:42 AM   #18  

Sherry could you email or message me your new address? Thanks.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:43 PM   #19  

Gayle-Right now, pink handbags are really in, although you are talking about coming into the winter. Painting pink and rose colored flowers on a black bag would be very pretty. I agree with Dee. I wouldn't want to spend a whole bunch on something at the craft show. I always look for smaller stuff, less than $25.00. Painted picture frames, door welcome signs, stuff like that would be something that I would look at. I would only have a few things over the $50.00 price range (a purse would qualify for over $50.00.) For vests, since it will be Fall, you may want to paint something harvesty looking on a dark colored vest, such as brown or hunter green or burgundy. Also, you may want to make a few things that are personalized to a profession. Maybe a vest that has a schoolhouse on it, or small stuff that kids can give as gifts to teachers at holiday time. Even hand painted ornaments would probably sell good at the November one. Just a few of my ideas for you.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:17 AM   #20  

Good Morning Ladies.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am doing OK. My parents have been driving me crazy but it seems to be settling down a bit. My mom has left and does not talk to anyone about why. I don't understand why but just pray that when she is ready she will talk to someone. My dad has had a hard 2 weeks but is getting a little better or at least he is better MOST of the time. He can't relax and always has to be doing something constantly.
On a good note my brother who just graduated from college is settled in a house close by and I am enjoying having him home again. His wife got a job this week at Dell and likes it so far. He has a job as a phone person who helps customers with computer problems but he has to have knee surgery and the doctor wont release him to do any type of work.
We have some big craft shows around here. The small stuff geared torward specific professions does well ex nurses and teachers are big ones. The teacher stuff really does well. Vest and shirts with cute sayings and pics do well too. I enjoy candles and candle holders. Those will get my attention every time. I don't know what is real popluar in your area but I live in what is known as the "Strawberry capital" so items decorated with strawberries are very popular. The last craft show I went to I saw the neatest things. This lady had taken the basic wooden CD or movie holders, and paper towel holders that are usually blah and plain. She decorate them and made them into something that would go with the decor in your instead of something you kind of hide in the corner.
Hope you all are having a great day. Enjoy your weekend.
Tina
Old 07-11-2004, 09:38 AM   #21  
Carol

Just a quick hello. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Gayle: I was staying OP about half and half also, but I think I FINALLY have it under control. I have been OP for 4 days now!. Keep trying. You will get there. I like all kinds of crafts. I wish I could come to your shows. I love candles, so I gravitate to things like that. Seasonal items are great also. I am sure whatever you do, it will be wonderful. All the things you have shared with us are things I would purchase!!

Dee: Hope your having a wonderful time. I am sure the wheelchair was a godsend to you.

Tina: Hang in there. Hopefully as time passes, things will get better. I hope your mom has someone to talk to if she isn't talking to you.

Exciting News. I am going to be Grandma AGAIN. My daughter and daughter in law are expecting early next year. This will make 15 grandkids!!!!

No wonder I can't keep names staight..

Have a great OP day ladies!

Last edited by Carol101; 07-11-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:29 AM   #22  

Carol-Congratulations Again!
Old 07-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #23  
Carol

Shelley: Thanks. So what is happening with you. You haven't talked about yourself much lately.

Have a great day.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #24  

Carol-I've been busy still painting the house. I stripped the wallpaper off the kitchen walls this weekend, and will paint next weekend. Now that I am back at work, there's not much time to do anything, so I'm having to do it on the weekends. I am also putting a fire under my DH's butt to do yard work, although it's not making him do it! I haven't been journaling, although I am holding my own, since I have been running so much. Thanks for asking about me! I know things have been quite slow on the boards, since we have all been so busy.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:36 PM   #25  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Carol - 15 grandkids! Holy Moley! Congratulations!

Who was asking about my son? Dee? Gayle? Anyhow, yes, he graduates this year. He got his senior pictures taken last week. They're too cute.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:28 AM   #26  

Jennelle-They take the senior pictures over the summer?

The summer if flying by. Our kids go back to school on Aug. 9. I am still trying to get Patty into the same high school as Becky. She has come up to number 38 on the waiting list. Maybe there is some hope. They only keep the waiting list open until Sept. 5.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:38 PM   #27  

Hi everyone.

It's been quiet on here lately. Hope everyone is having a fun summer and getting some rest.
Shelley hopefully that list will get a lot shorter by Sept. 5.

Carol congrats on the grand babies!! That is exciting news. you are one busy gramma.

Dee hope you are haveing a great time!!

Hope you all have a great day.
Tina
Old 07-12-2004, 02:28 PM   #28  

Just a quick hello to all of my friends.
Dan made it home on Saturday and he looks great! He has been working out and has had any alcohol in 4 months. I'm so proud of him.

We are moving along with plans for our remodeling. We will do all the work except for removing the wall and putting the header beam in place. The carpenters are coming this afternoon to see about doing that. We've watched so much Home and Garden Television that I'm totally confused now about what colors and fabrics I want to use. I need to find one inspiration piece and just take it from there.

I'll try to get back tonight and post to everyone. My husband (who has never been on a computer in his life) decided last week that it was time for him to learn to use the computer. Well, now I can hardly keep him off of it and he has cut into my posting time! hahaha

Take care everyone.....
Old 07-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #29  

Ramona-I keep my TV on HGTV all the time!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:16 PM   #30  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Shelley - To have their picture in the yearbook, they have to have them taken by September 4. The photography studio has a little monopoly going on - they are the only studio who takes the picture for the "composite" class picture that hangs on the school wall, so the thinking is if you have to go there for that picture, you might as well get the rest of your senior pictures done. I was really worried about how much they would cost! I took my senior pictures 20 years ago and spend about $150. I forgot that boys just don't care as much as girls about these things. We only spend $111 altogether on son's pictures.

Ramona - I'm so glad your baby is home safe and sound!
Closed Thread