3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

annie175 10-12-2004 10:35 AM

5 things I like about me....1) My teeth are white and straight, 2) I have beautiful eyes, 3) I am a marvelous cook, 4) I am a great mom, 5) Good sense of humor.

5 things I hate about me....1) Very critical of myself and say mean things to myself, 2) my jelly belly, or apron belly, 3) my butt, I just hate it, 4) sometimes a negative thinker and have to work at being positive, 5) I look hideous in a bathing suit,

5 reasons I deserve to lose weight/be healthy...1) to be here for my kids, I feel I am the only one they have, their dad is useless in their lives. 2) to be able to look in the mirror and not cringe. 3) so I won't inherit my parents bad heart, high blood pressure (which I already have), diabetes, and many more... 4) to be happy about me, 5) to look great in clothes, especially a swimming suit.

I noticed that it was easier for me to think of "hate" things than "like" things. I need mental therapy.

Girlie 10-12-2004 11:43 AM

Hello Everyone. I hope you are all feeling well today and in the "healthy" mindset. I started the day at 5am, off to the gym. It's getting easier to wake up because I look forward to going. My elliptical portion of my workout was excellent. Worked up a great sweat and really pushed it at the end. I felt like I was sprinting a 200m race like I did in high school LOL. I always came in last but I did it :)

I came home and had a glass of OJ and some bacon. Now I've been at work for a while and I'm drinking the new 7Up Plus. Anyone had this? The vitamin enhanced, berry flavored 7up that is sweetened with Splenda? I have been trying to stay away from any sodas, diet or not...but thought I'd try this. It's not great. I really don't like it that much. It tastes like I'm drinking carbonated vitamins.

I bought a few WW Smart Ones frozen meals for lunches this week - they were half off. One thing about trying to eat healthier foods is money. I'm really broke this week and will be super broke until payday next week. Gas is so much right now here, I had to pay $2.05/gallon and just put in 8 dollars. Hopefully it will go down by the weekend.

Anyway, I went home and found a package of 6 or so chicken breasts down in the deep freezer. I'm going to marinate and bake them tonite so we have dinner for the rest of the week, just add a veggie and there's dinner. I have a few big cans of green beans and spinach from the dollar store, plus a few bags of frozen veggies in the deep freezer. So I should be set for the rest of the week. I have exactly what I need and no money to go out and go crazy on stuff LOL.

Suzy, thanks for the poll. OK...let's see:

What I like about myself:
1) My crazy hair.
2) My almond shaped eyes.
3) My wonderful relationship with DH.
4) My patience to bargain shop.
5) My desire for the morality of youth.

Things I hate or don't like about myself:
1) My thighs.
2) My crooked teeth.
3) My chubby belly.
4) My tendency of feeling jealous, envious or covetous against others.
5) My job and the fact that I don't make enough money.

Reasons why I deserve to lose weight:
1) Better health overall.
2) Then maybe I can concieve.
3) All the cute clothes I could wear!
4) DH says he finds me sexy but I want to believe it myself.
5) So I can do it and help others who are struggling.

Actually, the lists can go on...except the first area...I agree with whoever said the "I hate" list seems so much easier to generate.

That was kinda depressing.

Onward and upward, all!

Girlie

annie175 10-12-2004 12:09 PM

I am so excited I am doing very well today with staying OP and going to walk at lunch. I had a hard boiled egg for breakfast. I brought tuna salad made with 1 T of light mayo, egg and onion. Brought lettuce to wrap it in. My total intake cals wise, so far is 420 and all OP. YEEE HAAAAAAAAAAA I rock!! hahaha

Hollyhock 10-12-2004 12:17 PM

You absolutely rock, my dear!!!

I just ate too much!!
I started out well with turkey breast on lettuce with some low fat dressing. THEN, I ate some stuffing and potatoes.ARGGGGG!!!!!
My cals are over 900 so far today. I will have to have a very light supper. I am definitely not hungry right now, oink,oink.oink!

annie175 10-12-2004 12:22 PM

Holly babe, if you ask me, you are doing great, coming off a eating festive holiday like thanksgiving. So be good the rest of the day, eat a light dinner, maybe turkey and a salad. Stay away from that stuffing and potatos. Come on Holly girl, I know you can do this, and do your WATP or whatever it is called. hahaha.

labchick 10-12-2004 01:21 PM

Hello All

Hope your morning is going great! I'm dying over here. I have a doctor's appointment at 7:00 p.m. and will have to have fasting labs drawn so I haven't had anything to eat since 7:30 p.m. last night! I keep telling myself that this is good for me to do once in a while, but my stomach isn't buying it.

I want to know my cholesterol and such since starting Atkins. I'm hoping that it will have gone down a bit. I've been so tired lately, I'm starting to wonder if I need more synthroid too, so I've got alot for the doctor to review with me.

5 things I like about myself: 1. I'm intelligent; 2. My family comes first in all my decision making (and I believe it should when there are small children); 3. I am very good at what I do for work; 4. My skills allow me to get paid well enough to stay home during the week and only work weekends; 5. I'm a very loyal friend.

5 things I don't like about myself: 1. My C-section gut (X2); 2. Getting winded trying to keep up with my youngest; 3. My carb additions (my DH and DS absolutely love Little Debbie snack stuffs and all I can sit there and do is drool when they eat them in front of me :mad: ; 4. The fact that I can never find a bathing suit that doesn't make me look like I'm 70 years old; 5. The limited selection of everything including underwear for larger people.

5 reasons I want to lose this weight: 1. I deserve a healthier body; 2. My kids deserve a healthier mom (and so does my hubby); 3. So I can keep up with everyone and everything around me; 4. Because I know I just like myself better when I feel better; 5. So my joints won't hurt as much as they do now.

PHEW! That was hard.

Hope you are have an on track day and get to see those lbs. fly off.

Nan

hevron 10-12-2004 01:54 PM

I'm liking this!

I like that we're sharing those 5 things about ourselves. Suzy, this was a great idea. As I see more responses, I begin to see some of the same things in me - good and bad. It's a very healthy mental exercise to keep us focused. Thanks for opening the door for sharing! :cofdate:

Lab - I bet you'll be very surprised to see how far down your cholesterol is since losing so much weight. That's a big factor in high cholesterol. The other big factor is fatty foods, and since you've conquered that demon, it has to be down. Way to go, girl! :dancer:

Annie - Way to be OP! I am, too. Had a Nutri-Grain cereal bar for breakfast, animal crackers for a snack, Lean Cuisine for lunch and some 100 cal fruit snacks (those 100 cal pkg things). So far, so good. You are doing great at keeping those calories down! :encore:

Holly - Hang in there! Holidays are tough. A little "dive" now and then won't stop your overall goals. Keep up the great work. :coach:

Girlie - I really like the Lean Cuisine meals, too. They have "Dinner Selections" which is a great size portion, and usually runs 350-380 cals per dinner. Of course, they have the smaller dinners, too. The good thing is that they only cost about $2.00-2.75/ea. That's alot cheaper than most restaurants, even fast food! :dance:

Teri - Good to see you back, girlfriend! :wave:

DPulley - Welcome to our thread! You tell that 49-year old body who's boss! That active job is sure to help. Keep us posted. :strong:

Jodi - Don't worry about the pigfest. We all have our moments, and my fall last week was for chocolate. I ate one real candy bar and it seemed like I wanted candy all week! OK, now let's get back on track, friend. :drill:

Success is within your power, ladies! Make it happen.

annie175 10-12-2004 01:56 PM

Ladies,

I found this free activity calorie burn chart that is really cool. Put your weight in and the minutes of exercise, then click "show me". It then lists many activities and how many cals you burned.

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspart...e/calculat.htm

Try it. Annie

labchick 10-12-2004 03:26 PM

Thanks Annie

Cool link!

suzy1965 10-12-2004 03:31 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am so glad everyone enjoyed the exercise and I'll give you my answers in a second. Somehow, kind of like the game of telephone, one question was changed from 5 things I don't like about being fat to things I hate about myself. The point of the exercise, to my knowledge, is to remind ourselves that we hate our fat but it doesn't define who we are and that we are good, deserving people who happen to dislike this one part of ourselves. Here are my answers:
I like that:
- I am a good wife and mother
- I am a great cook
- I care about others
- I won't give up on my weight issues
- I am intelligent

I hate my fat because
-I am always aware of it and feel like the jolly green giant around other people
-I wear ugly, big, baggy clothes
-I can't keep up with my kids or avoid activities with them
-I am disgusted by what I see in the mirror
-I allow it to keep me from being the person I want to be

I deserve to lose weight because:
-I am a good person, deserving of a healthy body
-I have never given up trying to lose it
-I am worthy of endless clothing choices
-I want to be free of the constant awareness of it
-I can!

Suzy

jansan 10-12-2004 06:02 PM

Hi all, I am new here and am going to hitch a ride on this challenge. I am very close to 199, and want to make it there by my 60th birthday (egads!) just after Christmas if not before. I am currently at 206. About a month ago when I started this last assualt on my weight, I was 214. I am not following any particular program, but am eating less of more healthy, lower fat foods. I am a good cook so I can make most things taste fairly good. I am doing quite well lately and hope to continue.

I was under 200 last year for afew months, but seem to have gotten hungry and ate generously for more than a year to get back over 200. My original high was about 250 afew years ago.

1. good sense of humor
2. I love life
3. I am flexible and resilient
4 I love to think
5. I am creative

(After much personal work, I really do like myself though I have some traits I could improve)
1. I would like to accomplish more things during the day.
2. I wish I were neater
3. I would like to weigh less
4. I would like to be better with money
5. I procrastinate too often

Reasons why I deserve to lose weight:
1. just because I DO deserve it.
2. I want the best for myself
3. To play better tennis
4. Better health as I age
5. and, to be able to buy off the regular clothes racks!!!

Jan
250hw/214sw/206cw/gw? perhaps 170

cateyes 10-12-2004 11:51 PM

Just a Quick Goodnight to everyone!

I stayed on plan today and I am so proud of myself. I have been having a very early dinner since August, but now that I am on a diet I seem to get extremely hungry around 6:00! My husband made the comment yesterday...why is it when we know we cannot have something, that is when we want it? How true is that!? For three months I have been fine with eating at 4:00 and not snacking later. But now I seem to be going to bed starving! Maybe it is because I am eating less throughout the day? No... that is not really it. I snack often, but it is always light snacks. Fruits or veggies. But everything I have eaten today is Core foods. It must just be a mental thing. I have that craving feeling....but I cannot figure out what it is I am wanting. Which of course is actually a good thing. I know it is something NOT on my diet plan, and I would just be tortured more anyways thinking of eating it! :lol: When I went to the grocery store I did not buy ANYTHING that was not on my diet plan. OOps I take that back. I bought the kids a box of Finding Nemo cereal. But between the four of them they polish the box off in one sitting! So no worries there!
I was so tempted to weigh myself this morning but I didn't. I do not want to get discouraged. Not that I expect a weight loss after only two days, but I am so afraid of a weight gain. I know that it is normal to retain water and the scale will fluctuate, which is why they recommend only weighing once a week, but I must admit I am one of those who weighed EVERY morning when I was trying to lose weight before. Doing the atkins it was so great to see a weight loss each morning. It helped me to really stay motivated and on plan. But when it went up, I always felt dissappointed. I did not let it get me down for the rest of the day, but this time so soon into my diet, I just don't want anything to bring me down right now.
My husband was telling me yesterday that we are not going to eat out at restaraunts anymore, he is going to be very strict about this diet, and he hopes that I don't get mad at him. I asked if we were still going out to eat for my 30th birthday this month ( We had made plans to go out just he and I which is extremely rare!) He said we would still go out, but no more after that. I know it should not matter, but I am thinking NEVER??!! I said what about after each 10 pounds I lose we allow ourselves to go out to eat? (I ofcourse am talking about a Mexican Restaraunt w/ chips and salsa and margaritas). But he said that would be rewarding myself with food, so NO. I agree I should not reward myself with food, but I do not think totally cutting eating out is the answer either. We have never really gone out that much, mainly because it is almost impossible to find a sitter to watch all four children, and it is so darn expensive to feed all of us!! I just meant going out maybe once every 2 to 3 months, if I were doing good on Weight Watchers. Besides that, I can save Flex points to help balance out the meal. He finally relented and said when I get below the 200 mark, he will take me out to eat in the reunion tower. (For those not familiar with Dallas it is the lighted ball). I think that is very sweet of him, but I told him I would rather save that, because even at 199 I will still not feel comfortable about my size to get really dressed up and go eat there. I would rather wait until I reach goal, and can REALLY dress up for him! ;)
So I do not know what he will decide to do when I reach the 199 mark. I guess I will just have to get there so I can find out! OOPS! :o Did I say this would be a quick goodnight? Sorry!!!

Night Y'all!!
ANd Good Luck!!
Teri

April28 10-13-2004 01:19 AM

Hello everyone! I hope everyone has had a good day today.

I weighed today and was happy to see I'd lost a pound and a half....its not much but it sure matters. I have tried to stay with my plan but have gone off course a few times.....the main thing for me is giving into cravings and eating at night. I'm going to start eating more during the day in hopes that I won't get as hungry at night.

i've been doing ok with my exercising....I have gone to the gym and done cardio/free weights. I have not gone out and walked my reg 3 miler b/c it has been storming outside here lately. Walking in the rain while dodging thunder n lightning is not my idea of a fun time. I have walked in the rain before.....but only when it was just a light rain. I also have not used my exercise bike here at home like I had planned to start doing....so I am really glad that I have been able to get my butt to the gym.
I like going to the gym b/c there I have to get my butt in gear and do my routine whereas here at home I just look at the bike and think "I'll do 30 minutes on the bike in a few minutes" then of course I never do.

As far as eating out is concerened it should'nt be a problem if you only eat out from time to time and don't make it an often occurence. I seldom ever eat out.....I prefer well-balanced home cooked meals over food cooked in a restaurant anyday. I only eat out whenever I go on roadtrips or when my friends come to my house for one of our infamous GNO's (Girls Night out). WHen they come down we always go out to eat and then go find something fun to do. They all live out of town/some out of state so we don't get together very often. In fact they will be here in 2 weeks the w/e of 22-24 of oct. and the last time we were all together was the first part of Jan!

I have a Positive attitude
My smile (I'm always getting complimented on it)
I am Honest
I am Caring
I am a Terrifc Aunt to three Little Angels

I don't like the fact that I allowed myself to get so overweight and out of shape.
I don't like the fact that I am a pack rat and not as neat as I'd like to be.
I don't like that I often put off doing things until the very last minute.
I don't like working at a job making peanuts b/c I screwed up and dropped out of school.
I hate the clothes I have to wear now...nothing fits right...everything looks ridiculous on me at least in my eyes.

Reasons whY i deserve to lose weight:

Becasue loosing weight will improve my health
By loosing weight I will be able to buy and wear all the cute outfits I can only dream of wearing now
so I can look in the miiror and be happy with what I see
SO I can go out and not feel like everyone is staring at me and making fun of me behind my back
SO I will look better when I make my dreams a reality by becoming a Professional Female Wrestler

labchick 10-13-2004 01:31 AM

Evenin' All

Well, I'm bummed big time! Here I thought I was doing so well, but my scale was not reading properly. I went to the doctor's office and was off by 35 lbs. which makes me 249 instead of 214. I wanted to go into the bathroom and cry, but decided to just deal with the fact that that's where I'm at and will have to reassess my goals.

My doctor was so great about it though. She said, I still lost the 63 lbs, I just started at a much higher weight than what I originally thought. I'm just bummed about not being able to meet my goal by my birthday. So I went to the store on the way home and bought a new scale and it read within a pound of the doctor's office. Oh well, starting over again.

Gotta get my sorry butt to bed,

Nan

Debbie 10-13-2004 07:41 AM

good morning all! i'm aboutto leave for work
and i intent to add a few more steps to my
day. i really feel much more motivated. i know i can do this