3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

lanita81 10-04-2004 01:08 PM

Hello There! Iam not sure If anyone has noticed but I have been gone a couple of Days...Last Week was so busy for me it was ridicoulus but I made it.I am trying to get back into School and it takes just so much Time bevor you can event get started..But that did not keep me from eating right and guess what I droped 6 lb since last monday that's a bit much but most off it is water weight plus I am kind of hard on myself by that I mean I stoped drinking Soda I went from a Liter a Day to none wich was killer and from at least 4 times a week Fastfood to none....I swear I can not believe it myself yet.But of Course my Periode came on over the weekend so yes I piged out on Saturday on Chips an Dip but I did not feel guilty the way I usally do ...and I went back on my Diet on Sunday..But today I went to the Gym and 6lb are gone and I feel good...... Also does Carb Blockers work big time for me they level out my blood sugar at 5pm when i always get the jitters and tend to over eat and i wake up in the morning without that big appetitte wich makes me feel like i could it a whole horse...I wish everyone a super week and may everyone reach there Goal!!!

annie175 10-04-2004 01:12 PM

undefinedundefined :coffee:
Happy Monday to All! This week is already moving as fast as ever!! My WI, well....dang it. 250.1, doesn't that just suck. So now I am more dedicated than ever to get back to 249.1, back to the 40's. I did, however, walk Friday and Saturday for 30 minutes each, and just got back from a 20 minute walk on my lunch 1/2 hour. Saved the last 10 minutes to get broccoli and cauliflower from the cafe. It tasted really good. That is the only thing I have had today, as have been so busy here at work. MY GOAL TODAY: Not to finish the remainder of anything leftover from meals. I made a lf version of chicken tetrazinni with whole wheat pasta for dinner last night. There was about 4 Tablespoons left in the pan, and of course I scarfed them. Didn't want to waste good food, (a carry over from childhood), so now the food went to WAIST. I will not do that again. (mostly cause it is all gone now) haha. I have 15 lbs to lose this month, to make my halloween goal. I better kick b&tt, and do this! I feel good about starting this month out on a good note. After eating nuts on SB for a month, I just remembered that I am not supposed to eat too many nuts as they are one cause of kidney stones. I do NOT care to go through that ever again, worse than having a baby. What a nightmare, so I have vowed off the nuts, hope it's not too late. Geez I am babbling today. I want skinny so bad, so this frame of mind needs to carry me through.

Holly - Glad to hear you are feeling much better this week. WOWSER girl, you did your tape 4 times last week while sick. You are my hero!! Awesome! Glad to hear you are "re-focused" and ready to roar. Shu wee, I'd better get my b*tt in gear for our challenge. Don't want to be left behind.

Susie - I knew you could get this accounting thing. You are awesome and determined. Positive thinking will carry you through. I have NO doubt.

Girlie - Welcome Back! What a great thread, and sounds like you are headed in the right direction, don't look back! Congrats on finding your way again.

Jodi - Great job on the walking. Keep up the good work!!

Heather - Yes, indeed, I go to my parent's house about once a week. Not on any regular day, but once a week. I live 10 miles west of Plainfield on US 40. It is a Clayton address, but not in Clayton, by any means. I work downtown Indy at Lilly. We should meet up sometime.

Ladies, let's get fired up and do this, I am wanting so badly, I can taste it, no pun intended. Let's keep each other jazzed!! Stay focused.

Annie

MyChoice2bfit 10-04-2004 01:49 PM

Hello All,
I hate it when I don't get here earlier in the mornings. I like to get here early because I feel that it sets me up for a good day of staying on plan and focused.

I just got back from lunch. I went out with one of my girlfriends. I usually bring my lunch; I'm usually doing homework, but since I got it all done over the weekend, I allowed myself to go with my friend. I thought about having some pumpkin pie after I ate (and I was full) just because I was out..you know the thinking right? you have done this right?..but I didn't because I didn't want to have to say I did and I didn't want to write it in my Journal. I've been using that journal once a week and I can't tell you how many times I've stayed on track because of it.

My goal today was to find an attachment for the cable machine at the Y. The one that they had for the ankle was gone and I need one so I can work my hamstrings. I can't lie on my stomach and use the regular hamstring curl machine--due to my IC...my bladder doesn't like any pressure on it!--but I saw a way to do them using the cable machine. So, I found one and it's only eight dollars; I think I'll just go ahead and buy it and I'll keep it in my gym bag. I'm going to tell them at the Y about it and where I found it and see if they want to buy one also, if they do great and if not, then I'll just get my own.

I've reached that goal..now my goal is to use it!

I'm skipping my workout tonight. It's Chick Nite at the movies and I'm going to see "First Daughter" usually I won't give up a workout, but I'm feeling a little "blah" and I'm allowing myself to be "off" tonight...I better enjoy it, because no matter how I feel tomorrow..I'm "ON"!

Annie: When I first got in the 240's I also had a week that I went back to 250...let's just say if you use it for motivation you sure won't stay there long, I told myself there was no way I was going up any more in weight..I had finally gotten under 250 and that was a huge thing for me. I know you can get back under it this week! ((((Huggggsss)))

Lanita: We always miss someone when they have been gone. Great to see you back!

LabChick: What a nice way to spend your morning!

Girlie: I don't drink anything soda or tea--due to a medical condition--after you get used to it, it's not that bad and I lost 15 lbs right off the bat when I gave all that up.

Holly: Good for you on the rededication. I think we all need to do that every once in awhile.

Hevron: Nice to see you on board. I don't always make it here on the weekends eithier--I have dial up at home, I'm too cheap to get the other :lol: so when I log on I know it's going to be a task and take some time. It's much easier for me to get here during the work week.

Speaking of work, I better get back to it.

callachor 10-04-2004 02:47 PM

Hi again. I didn't get on the board this past weekend. Did a lot of errand-running. I did OK with portion control until last night. My favorite thing is a dish of Dreyer's Grand Light French Silk, a glob of peanut butter and Lite chocolate syrup and instead of a little of each, I had a LOT of each. Today is another day.

I like what some others said about the first of the month being a new beginning. I pledge to get back to journaling my meals and exercise. Tonight is yoga - sometimes I feel like that's not doing anything until we come out of a pose and my muscles have that tingly sensation.

Thanks for the welcomes. I like reading the posts because I can so relate to a lot.

Desiree, Colorado

justjodi 10-04-2004 06:40 PM

hello everyone,
not much chance to check in from work today, i just hate mondays!! not a bad day today though. i am still on a little hight from yesterday. i decided to go to the store and buy some new jeans since i had been wearing the same ones since before i lost any weight (yes they were hanging on me) and i fit into a size 18 zipper front, i couldn't believe it, i did not realize i had lost so many sizes. the pants i was wearing were a 26 stretchy leggin type jean. i was so excited i bought the jeans and 2 new tops to go with them. so needless to say i woke today in a good mood and i don't want to "scrap the diet thing" for a change.

callachor- have fun at yoga class, you can do this!! a new month, a new week, whatever it takes to get your fresh start!!

mychoice2bfit- great job passing on the pie (pumpkin is my fave) and also on reaching your daily goal today!! keep up the great work! i saw the movie "13 going on 30" a few weeks ago it was really cute.

annie great attitude!! you'll get back to the 40's keep up your great work. i am of the same mindset re leftovers. i hate to waste anything. if i find i can't throw it away i stick it in a small freezer container and save it for lunch down the road. somehow having to defrost it etc makes it loose it's appeal. someday i may need to get an additional freezer for all the little gladware containers full of sidedishes i am holding on to though :lol3:

lanita81 congrats on the loss :bravo: welcome back we missed you.

hollyhock you are doing awesome keep up the great work!!

labchick- do all diets make you go into ketosis? no i have never tried the sticks. good for you grabbing a little snuggle time this morning.

girlie- i'm following (loosely) the readers digest diet change one. it is mainly portion control and watching cals. i've never done ww but i did follow south beach for a while. healthy choices is a great step forward!

hi hevron have a great day!!
well to anyone i missed hope you are doing well. have a nice evening everyone!!

labchick 10-04-2004 08:49 PM

Jody, I work in a medical lab part time, so I'm no doctor, but when I was in school (eon's ago :o ) the nursing students were all expected to "be the picture of health" which was exacted by what size uniform they could wear. Every week the overweight ones had to turn in a urine sample to check for ketones (which what the lipolysis sticks are measuring), and man were they relieved when it was positive. They were on all sorts of diets, so I do not believe that it's "an Atkins only" kind of thing. Watching them worry so much, made me oh so glad I was not in the nursing program--I've never been rail thin. :dizzy:

Ketones are usually considered a sign of dehydration in patients who are ill, but they are basically a result of metabolizing our own fat. The rule of thumb for losing weight (from what I've read) is that it doesn't matter what shade of pink the stick is, as long as it's pink.

I happen to be on Atkins because it's working for me, but I know it's definitely not for everyone.

Hope that helps a bit,

Nan

suzy1965 10-05-2004 08:12 AM

Back Again

Good Morning Ladies,
I have been missing foir a few days. Very busy time at work right now. As for sticking to plan I am trying still to be and act normal. I use the word normal just as a frame of reference for what is reasonable. All I have to say is
"Eat Good=Feel Good... Eat Bad=Feel Bad". I am so happy to see everyone here and so many posts. I really missed reading every morning. It makes a difference in how your day goes. It is such a motivator to come here first thing and start the day off right. I am also glad to hear everyone hanging in there and doing great. Welcome and Welcome Back to the new and returning. You will get a lot out of this thread. Here's hoping everyone has a great day today loaded with OP success.
Suzy

MyChoice2bfit 10-05-2004 08:27 AM

Hello,
My goal for today was to get to the board early this morning so I have a good mind set for today. So, I made my goal! ;) But I won't stop there, today I'm also going to write in my journal about how I visulize myself at goal weight. I was told to do that one time at a Goal setting seminar I went to. The trainer said if we couldn't see it in our minds we could never become it.

So, I'll do that today and share it tomorrow.

I'm anticipating a busy day at work. I will work through lunch and leave at 4:00 so I can get a workout in before school. I'm not skipping lunch. I have a 1/2 a ham sandwich packed and a few chips along with some cucmbers and one little Debbie Snack cake. You know, the package those things 2 in a package; they really should make them individuals.

Suzy: It's great to see you here. I love your simple formula for reminding yourself to eat "normal". It doesn't need to be complicated to work, does it?!

Justjodi: Wow! a size 18!!! I bet you were smiling from ear to ear. :D

Desiree: I always wanted to try yoga, but I'm from a small town and no one here teaches it. I've tried tapes and books and it's ok, but I think I would do better with a instructor.

Well, I better get back to work. Have a nice day everyone. I hope to be able to check the boards this afternoon.

justjodi 10-05-2004 08:35 AM

good morning everyone,
it is cold, i am tired, i wish i didn't have to come to work!! ok that about sums it all up. yesterday went well and today i am on the same track so hopefully this will be a smooth sailing tuesday.

labchick- i always just associated those sticks with a low carb sort of diet. i'll do a little research and see what i come up with. really the nurses all had to diet?? that seems a little invasive. i would of never made it either i've always had some chub.

suzy1965- i totally understand the "normal" thing. i want to eat like a normal person and shop in a normal store etc. here's to your goal!!

my goal today is very simple stick to the good plan i laid out for myself this morning.

to everyone else yet to post have a super day!!!

annie175 10-05-2004 09:33 AM

Good Morning Everyone!!

I am not going to let the fact that I woke this morning feeling like poop! I have a terrible sore throat, headache, and feel lathargic. I think maybe I got if from the Hollster. hehe. I took extra vitamin C and some ibuprofen. I am going to not let that deter me from my goal today of drinking plenty of fluids, and still try to walk at lunch. Eating was not bad yesterday, maybe ate a little too much OP last night, but at least OP.

Everyone have a groovy OP day!!

Annie

Girlie 10-05-2004 11:13 AM

Starting the Day OK...

Good Morning everyone. It's so nice to see so many posts today. What a nice bit a reading.

Last night I ate a bunch of spinach before I ate any of my chili so I wouldn't eat so much. My chili turned out to be rather salty...arrgh...maybe next time. I've almost been married for a year and I'm trying to get a few of my own dishes going that I can make for years to come. I'm in the stage of continuing to screw things up lol! But DH had two bowls of it, soaked with cornbread, of course, so it couldn't be that bad.
After I ate, I did my 3-mile WATP tape. It's so cheesy to me, but the only video I can stand to do, and a decent workout. I managed to get to bed early and woke up at 5.15a and went to the gym, got in 50 minutes of cardio and prepared for the day. It's almost 10am and I'm still not very tired. I'm just waiting for it to hit me. I'm sure after a week or so of doing the early morning thing, I'll be used to it and stay energized through the day. The early exercise was nice though, and I hope to continue it. Hopefully, it will cause me to not screw up with eating for the rest of the day. So far, I've had a pear and two packets of instant oatmeal before 8am. I'm not hungry at all and hope this takes me another 2 hours until lunch (a Healthy Choice meal).

Annie:
Good for you for staying OP yesterday. Keep the fluids down and hopefully you'll not beceome sick. I've found that sometimes when I feel the crappiest are the days when I do the best. This weekend I'm going to get some juice called "Morning Blend" by Knudsen's. It's an organic blend (and rather expensive) but it's got TONS of vitamins including C...one cup provides great nutrition for the day. Knudsen's has a lot of great juices.

Jodi:
Hope you stick to your goal for the morning. The best goals are the simple ones...to eat only what you've planned, or to use the stairs instead of elevator, etc. Today, I'd like to eat 4 servings of fruits and veggies by the end of the day. Sounds easy, but not for me. Some days, I get hardly any veggies in. Baby steps, right? And great on the jeans! I'm in the icky in between 18 and 20 stage.

MyChoice:
I think it's a great idea to visualize. In the past, I used to try not to visualize myself, say, 50 pounds ago when DH and I first met...as if I was jumping too far ahead of myself. But I'm going to let myself think about it from now on. I still have the jeans I wore on our first date over six years ago! I can do it! I just want to wear those again! And great job on not having the pumpkin pie! Let me know how "First Daugher" is...I'm thinking about going tonite. I can never refuse the popcorn so that would be dinner, along with some veggies.

Suzy:
Good to see you again...glad you are still here! Amazing! I do like your forumla. It's very true. I weight the same as I did 2 weeks ago I'm sure...but the difference in energy, positive image and confidence has risen immensely. Not to mention, my sore calves!

labchick:
Aww, how cute about reading with your son...what a great habit. And you are right, would keep you from the kitchen! Thanks for the tip about the thyroid. I don't think I've had mine tested. Wondering if it could have to do with the PCOS? I'm almost always cold.

Desiree:
Yes, today is a new day. And from what I hear, yoga is a great way of tightening and toning and breathing. I think it would be a great thing to do. You'll get beck to exercise and journaling. Just start small. :)

Ok, sorry if I missed anyone. I have a few minutes to write here and probably won't be able to post again today. Have a great day everyone!

Girlie 10-05-2004 11:17 AM

OH...and one more thing...

Small victory yesterday, I have to tell you.

It's employee appreciation week and they gave us a big cake :devil: in the corporate office. I am very happy to say that I didn't have ONE SINGLE PIECE. At one point, I thought about going to get a tiny piece...just because everyone is walking by my office with it or making sure I know it's there so I can get a piece. Well, I didn't even go to look at it! Instead, I took another mini granola bar from the candy dish...but imagine the calories I saved.

Small victory...but that's what it takes to win this battle...small victories.

Let's all share our SMALL VICTORIES from the day!

Girlie

callachor 10-05-2004 11:36 AM

"Eat Good=Feel Good... Eat Bad=Feel Bad". Suzy, that is so true. I get such headaches and blech feelings when I eat all that junk. I may tattoo this on my hand so every time I go towards my mouth, it will make me think about what I'm putting in it. :-)

I love yoga - I'm not very flexible but I've seen results in just a couple months. My posture is better and it's easier to move. I'm very fortunate that my employer provides 3 classes a week at no charge to us. I work for the US Olympic Committee and we can also use the gym for free. I want to be more consistent in getting there.

Have a great day!

Desiree, Colorado

labchick 10-05-2004 12:50 PM

Mornin'

Girlie - that's a HUGE victory. Don't sell yourself short on that one! I honestly don't know enough about PCOS to say whether or not that could cause you to feel cold all the time. I do know that it's a very common symptom of an underfunctioning thyroid though. I have a borderline underfunctioning thyroid, and before I found a doctor who would listen to me, I was cold all the time, my hair didn't grow very fast and I couldn't drop a pound to save my life. I've been told I'm on the smallest dose of synthroid available, but MAN has it made a difference for me.

Jodi - that's so awesome that you're in a size 18! I've wanted to be in the "teen" sizes forever, but I just can't seem to get into them yet. I believe in "never say die" though.

Suzy - amen to that! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there are stores like Lane Bryant for the rest of us who don't yet fit into a size 16 or smaller, but I want to be able to go into those cute little shops too someday.

Callachor - that is so cool that you have a gym at your disposal. Good for you!

My small victory of yesterday was staying well within my carb count and calorie count. I try to keep track of both to ensure a victory once per week at the scales. I have fallen off the wagon in terms of drinking enough water though. That's my goal for today, drink enough water.

Gotta dash - my little czar is calling for me,

Nan

Hollyhock 10-05-2004 01:20 PM

What the **** was that!!! Didn't know we were a dating service! LOL.

Afternoon Gals!!
What a busy day here. Everyone sounds like they are completley on track!! Gotta love it!!

Lanita~I think it is a fantastic hurdle to give up soda AND fastfood. You can do this!!!!

Annie~Did you stick to the goals yesterday?
Oh dear...I hope you squeeze in some rest and help yourself get better(((hug))).

Susie~ hope your movie night out was the break you needed!
I Love your goals for today. I have trouble visualizing how I look now.I dont know what a thin healthy me looks like anymore.

jodi~ 18 from 26...yahoooo you must look marvelous darling!!!
Your daily plans are great and are obviously working for you.Keep it up!!

Suzi~ gald you are back.Hope your day is successful!

Desiree~I do yoga regularily in a class or with a tape or out of my head. It does facilitate weight loss but is slower than cardio workouts. It is fantastic for toning, flexability and for the wellbeing of your soul.

Girlie~ you rock!!! awesome workout.
I like the WATP, it is simple and not too annoying.I ahve aweak foot(injury) so it is not hard on it either.
By the way~can you say HUGE victory!!!!
No cake at all!

Yesterday I ate on plan except for a small handful of peanuts at 2pm and a few chips at 8 pm.I am aiming again to not do that at all today. So far I have eaten well.I will WATP this aft.
I have interviewed a family for babysitting and another is coming shortly.
The bottom line is we really need the income. Ideally I wouldn't have to.Hubby misses work in the winter because of weather.The 3 parttime kidsa are not enough.If we want to have any kind of life beyond the bare necessities I need to work. Babysitting is what suits our values the best.
Hope everyone is having a great day!