3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   The Race to 199! Join Us! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/39335-race-199-join-us.html)

greenlass6103 10-14-2004 07:47 AM

Hi, fellow chicks! I hope everyone is feeling well today. I'm very happy because I have lost two pounds! (Only because I wasn't feeling good and had no appetite, but I'll take it!) I just hope I can keep it off when my hunger comes back!

Girlie-I'm so glad you found something to work out in that makes you feel good. It's very hard to find workout wear in the plus sizes that look decent. I think it's hard to find any clothes in the plus sizes that look a little stylish that aren't too expensive.

Nan-Can I congratulate you on your killing of the scale? I'm having happy thoughts just imagining you doing it!

Well, I need to go and get something done, I guess. Thanks for the welcomes...

Jill

justjodi 10-14-2004 08:57 AM

good morning ladies,
sorry i did not get a minute to check in yesterday, it was one of those crazy days!! doing ok as far as the diet goes although the scale still won't budge. i'm not going to let that get me down though still have a good plan for today.

nan i am so sorry about the scale incident. stay positive!! and good for you smashing up that darn thing!!

greenlass great job on the loss, hope you get feeling better soon though!!

jan- that is a very good thought you have there. i am oh so guilty of sabatoging (sp?) my own efforts. maybe a list of positives would be helpful. that is alot harder to come up with though i'll have to think about it a while.

girlie your gonna look so beautiful at your workout!! good for you doing something nice for yourself!!

cateyes- my breaking point was last fall, none of my winter clothese fit right and we went to take a family portrait and when i got the proofs back i cried, i looked terrible!! so from that day on i told myself you got to do something girl and here i am still trying!

hollyhock hang in there, the holidays are really tough, hope the weigh in wasn't too bad. hang in there girl you are doing great. keeping track of my cals and fat is really important to me. you can see on paper exactly what you are doing and start changing things from there.

annie glad the job is going well. keep up the great work!!

mychoice journaling here or in your own book are both great as far as i can see, just getting the thoughts out good or bad has to be helpful.

hevron suzie and april how are you all today???
well i must get to work, hope you all have a great day!!

Debbie 10-14-2004 09:03 AM

Good Morning Girls, I Stayed Op Yesterday.
I Am Thinking About Joining Curves, Any Feed Back Would Be Helpful. I Think I Have Gotten
My Strenght Up Enough Now That I Could Do It
Without Killing Myself. My Goal Is Not Just Weight Loss But Also To Be Able To Climb Stairs. I Am Only Able To Climb With My Right Leg And Pull The Left Up. I Walk A Lot On My
Job. I Just Havent Build Up My Thigh Enough To Climb Yet. I Hope Yall Have Good Day

Hollyhock 10-14-2004 09:53 AM

Mornin!
Well, it wasn't as bad as suspected. I was up 1 lb. I look and feel so bloated and my stomach is huge. I was guessing about 4 lb. So I am not complaining and I will focus even better today.
I ate well all day except I had a wrap and cheese at bedtime. The NSV in this is that I usually would eat one and go back for up to 4 more.I really want to stop before I eat the first 1.
MY chest is still achy. my daughter is quite sick( and miserable) today. How come Mom's dont get to whine and throw tantrums when they are sick!!!!!
I will try to do yoga. I am not up to cardio.Daughter is glued to the TV so far I may not get to it.
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR KIND COMMENTS,ADVICE AND CARING. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME. IT HELPS ME GET UP A FACE ANOTHER DAY!!

Greenlass~how wonderful! Hope you are feeling better.
Jodi~ so glad you aren't discouraged by the scale not moving. Way to be motivated!!!
dpulley~ I use the Walk Away the Pounds video series ,by Leslie Sansone,because it is low impast but really burns calories. I have a weak foot from injuries when I was a teen and cant do a lot of cardio stuff.
How's everyones day going?

Girlie 10-14-2004 09:57 AM

Good morning all. I've got a stomach pain that is a bit strange...perhaps it's an ovulation pain?

Anyway, I just couldn't get myself up this morning to work out. I let myself sleep in because I felt I deserved it. I don't think it's necessary to go every single day, but I will not let myselve have more than one day off at a time. So that means I have no choice tomorrow, and that's okay cuz it will be Friday!

I was pretty good yesterday aside from the cookies I ate here at work. I had more cabbage, a chicken breast and some pasta with mushrooms last night, leftovers from the night before. I didn't have seconds either. I ate my plate and that's it. I could have had more, but I knew I wasn't hungry.

Busy day at work, I've gotta get going. I have two packets of instant oatmeal to eat and that should keep me satisfied until lunch.

Girlie

annie175 10-14-2004 10:18 AM

Good Morning Everyone!

Trials and tribulations....the good Lord sure does put me through them. Weight issue is under control for now. That is a victory. Eating OP and not overeating OP. Today, so far, 1 hard boiled egg 80 cals, FF yogurt 90 cals, 8 oz skim milk 80 cals, total 250. Still doing SB, but also counting calories. Didn't get my walk in yesterday as it was raining here like crazy. Plan to stay OP and get some exercise in.

My truck is acting up and making me worry. I don't need this right now as funds are very tight. Check Engine Soon light is on, truck hesitates when taking off from a stop. Gauges are intermittant in working. All this shouldn't be happening as it is a fairly new truck..2002 Avalanche. I bought it just before I filed for divorce so I would have a reliable wheels, so much for that theory. Sorry, just venting here, as I am about to cry.

Jill - great job on the 2 lbs down. You are awesome! 2 lbs closer to goal. Weehaaa!

Nan - 200 by spring should be very doable. You can do it girl. Maybe ask MIL to serve not quite such caloric food for your birthday. If she brings up the weight issue, flatly ask her why that something, she must speak. You are quite aware of it and don't need reminders.

Girlie - getting new exercise clothes is fun, it always makes me want to get out there move cause I have the new clothes to do it in. I don't think weight necessarily has anything to do with heels hurting your feet, it is about how conditioned your feet are to wearing them.

Holly - how was your weigh in? Were the holidays kind to you?

Teri - I have had several breaking points in weight loss over the years. My latest: My daughter who is 18, bought me a size 18 dress suit (skirt and jacket and it is beautiful, brown suede), just because she loves me. This WAS the size I needed. However, it fit so snugly and looked so badly I cannot wear it. I am in size 20. Her heart was broken I could not wear it now. I wanted to cry. So I told her I would lose the weight and wear the suit, very soon. I am thinking like 10 more lbs should do it. Your experience at the movies, I can relate to it and feel horrible for you. I, too, go early to the movies to get the seat that is more desireable for me.

Susie, Suzy, Heather, Pulley, and anyone else I may have misssed, HELLO, hope your day is going well.

Have a great Thursday. Be Happy.

MyChoice2bfit 10-14-2004 11:21 AM

Hi Ladies,
This is my second vist to the board. This morning I was so down, I just couldn't post. I'm not sure why this day is getting to me so much. I think it's a lot of things

1. I weigh-in tonight and I think I might have a gain...again--how can this be happening? I've been doing so good for so long..it scares me. I don't want to gain any weight back. I can deal with gaining one week.. but two?!

2. I just didn't sleep well last night. I dreamed and dreamed and I'm tired..and cranky.

3. I'm anxious about this test tonight.

4. I have 3 bosses at my work and the top boss is so rude! I have to announce his calls. Well, I had a call for him, he was on his cell phone (I don't know this until I voice call him then I could hear him talking) so I asked the other caller if they wished to leave a voice mail message. They said yes, I put them into voice mail. Then my boss calls me..wants to know who was on the phone, I tell him they are leaving him a voice mail..and he hangs up on me! Isn't that rude? He's like that. You have to gauge his mood before you aproach him for something.

Ok..I think I've whinned enough. I'm just in a funk. I know it will pass..but when you feel like crying or screaming or both it can be a little overwhelming you know?

Annie: I hope the vechile trouble isn't something serious. I would be worried about it also. Is it still under warranty?

Jill: I'm glad you lost! Doesn't it feel great?

Girlie: I hope you feel better soon. I used to have PCOS and it can bring alot of weird pains with it. If it doesn't get any better soon, please call your doctor.

Holly: I know it's hard to accept those gains. Really, a one lb gain isn't that bad after a holiday...just turn the tables right now so next week you will have a loss.

Jodi: You have a great attitude! Hang in there..the scales will move soon.

For anyone I missed, thanks for posting. Every post is an inspiration.

Thanks for letting me vent here. It does help and I can tell that I'm not going to give into this gloom that wants to settle over me...I'm fighting my way through.

labchick 10-14-2004 12:10 PM

Mornin' chickies

Glad to hear that so many of you are on plan! I've been really strict with myself the last few days -- calorie count right around 1000 for each day and more water than usual. I think the scale incident has made me mad enough to get even more motivated to lose all this weight. It's working so far. I lost another 2 lbs today, but to be honest with you, I think it's all water weight. I go through cycles during the month. This week is usually a week where I can lose up to 7 lbs in the week because I'm dumping all the water weight I accumulated over a 3 week period of time. Then instead of gaining, I just sit with no loss for as many as two weeks again. So this part is probably just my normal cycle kicking in. I'll take it though. Right now I just want to make it to the 230 range by my birthday and I believe that's doable. I can also sit down in my 22 jeans WOO HOO!

MyChoice - I used to work for jerks like that. It sucks! I call them Neanderthal Bosses ;) Not to their face of course ;) . Hang in there though. You may just lose this week.

Annie - Do you still have any warranty left on that truck of yours? Its way too new to be acting up like that.

Girlie - I hope that pain subsides so you can enjoy the rest of your day.

Holly - Moms do get to whine, they can do it right here! We'll listen. Being sick is a pain especially when you have little ones to care for at the same time. Hope you are feeling better in no time.

dpulley - I have a couple of friends who go to Curves religiously and they love it. I can't afford it or I'd be joining them. Hope it works for you and gives your diet the kick start.

Jodi - Hang in there, it'll start coming off soon. It has too, you've been too good on your plan for it not too.

Greenlass - Congratulations on your 2 lbs loss! WOO HOO! Go get 'em.

Gotta run for now! Lots of errands and little time for them,

Nan

jansan 10-14-2004 03:45 PM

I have been doing very well for about 5-6 weeks and have lost about 8 pounds. It was almost easy, no excessive hunger. I have cut way back in my foods both amounts and types, and was cruising.

Then this morning my body seemed to awaken to the fact it hasnt been getting its usual ample amounts of food and is miffed. It has gone into what I call deep hunger mode. I sensed it last night, and woke up at 4a.m. absolutely starved and unable to go back to sleep. But I will persevere. I am still eating light foods, but am allowing myself just abit more with respect to amounts just to see if I can lull my body back into is hunger sleep.

I have had a very filling though early lunch and am feeling very good right now. I am going to really concentrate on applying some of the volumetric principles to see if that helps. (Lots of wet foods to facilitate satiety. Soups, stews, fruits, veggies, rather than more dry energy dense foods that dont give as much satisfaction.)

Jan h250/s215/cw206/g?170(g199 to start 2005)

labchick 10-14-2004 04:03 PM

OUCH Jan

Jan - Are you on multivitamins? I have found that some of my hunger dissipates when I'm on multivitamins. I think when we cut back on our food intake, we are missing some of the vitamins and minerals our bodies need. I take one daily multivitamin in the morning and one at night. I read that our bodies never entirely take up all the nutrients in one tablet, so taking two for a time (this article suggested up to a couple of years) would not get us even close to toxing out on them. It has helped take some of the edge off my hunger at times.

Nan

Hollyhock 10-14-2004 04:36 PM

I am feeling a little melancholy so I thought I would write.This bug has got a hold of me. My daughter dozed all morning and is playing now but still grumpy.I read most of the day. A not so challenging mystery.
I went to the fridge a bazillion times but didn't eat. I even tossed the lunch leftovers. madness.
I made a yummy smelling beef stew for supper. (lean beef). It is a rainy, coolish day here. Hubby works outside. Poor dear.
I will need to go to the library tonight for anew book and then cosy up for ER.My one must see show.I get mad if hubby stays up. I usually end up sobbing. he laughs. I figure it is some kind of emotional release.
My back is aching I am wondering if it is my period coming. I dont pay attention very well.That would explain the bloatedness too.

Jan ~ I think your efforts are admirable. You have come along way. Hang in there with these pangs!

Have a great day!

cateyes 10-14-2004 10:09 PM

Tonight was Weigh in for me!!

I lost 3 pounds!!! :cp: I was not really expecting a weight loss this week, because I did not even start until MOnday, and I did sooo bad this weekend! But I have been very good throughout this week, and only eating Core foods. My husband has even been doing it with me for the most part. He has lost 10 pounds!! So far I love the Core diet. I like not having to count everything that I put in my mouth, and I also like the fact that I know what is core and what is not. It is much more restrictive, but I think that is working to my benefit right now. Jan, I never knew about the vitamins helping to curb hunger. Thanks for that tip! Every night I feel hungry now, and maybe that will help me.

I have four children that are NOT wanting to go to sleep! I must go try to get them down.

night y'all!!
Teri

labchick 10-14-2004 10:24 PM

Teri - YOU GO GIRL!!! And congratulations to your hubby too! I'm very happy for both of you!

Holly - I sure do hope your family gets well soon. It's not fun to have so many sick at once. The only good thing about it is that hopefully, if no one relapses, you'll all be done with it at once too.

I'm feeling pretty good right now. Only 1000 calories today and not feeling hungry at all. Just want to this to keep moving in the right direction.

Nan

jansan 10-14-2004 10:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestion Nan. (glad you got pleasure from destroying the scales -- score another one for us plumps!) I will get a new bottle of vitamins next time I am in the appropriate store. Actually today my still healthy but larger lunch seemed to stem the tide. I have not been strongly hungry since then. I forget that when I get strongly physically hungry (as opposed to emotionally hungry), I can eat a little more and not do very much damage to my overall efforts.

Tonight for dinner all I felt like was a bowl of soup and a baked apple. And frankly wasnt strongly hungry. Amazing. I do prefer feeling full, LOL.

My fear of being hungry is sometimes more uncomfortable than actually experiencing the physical sensations of being hungry. Jan

April28 10-14-2004 10:59 PM

Well I am doing better today than yesterday which is a good thing. I was so down in the dumps yesterday that I did not even feel like coming on here posting. I was just having one of my down days...it does'nt happen often but somedays I just get really down and depressed. I've been laughing and joking around today though and feel much better all around today.

Girlie---Thats great that you did something for yourself! I need to get out and try and find myself some new workout clothes sometime soon.....I've only got like 3 and I'm getting sick of wearing the same ones all the time. I don't mean I want a whole
closetfulll of workout clothes or anything just maybe 2 more outfits so I can wear a different one each day would be sufficient.

CatEyes---My breaking point was when I was just sitting in my room going through pictures that had been taken recently and I saw myself and just started to cry.
I knew I was overweight and all but somehow seeing myself in those pictures just set me off and made me realize I needed to do soemthing and do it now.

HollyHock---Hang in there and you'll do fin! The holidays are always tough what with all the good food and all....but if you stay focused then you should do fine! I know you can do it!

Anne---GLad to hear you're job is going alright. Wish I could say the same about mine but right now I am disgusted with my Job. I'm stuck too until I can find another....b/c I cannot afford to just quit even if I would like to. Dang Bills LOL.

mychoice....journaling is a wonderful idea....it always helps me to write down my thoughts both good or bad.

justjodi---I'm doing good today....yesterday I was pretty down but today I am alright.
How are you doing?

NAN- That would be tough finding out that the scale was wrong like that! I'm glad to hear that you had so much fun destroying it!!! I woulda done the same thing!