Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 06:04 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

How is everyone??

Well, I did pretty good over this long weekend! My only "bad" thing was that I did have dessert yesterday and it was good too! Anyway, back to reality.

I don't watch any of those house shows but you all seem to love them so maybe I should check them out.

Well, I am off to the gym write more later.

Lynn
Old 04-12-2004, 10:50 PM   #167  

Hi everybody,

Hope everyone had a happy. My dh ended up really sick. We were supposed to go out for Easter dinner and ended up staying home and ordering chinese takeout. I immediately took half of the my dinner and packed it in a container for todays lunch. The good side of all this is I got on the scale this morning down 3lbs! Happy Easter to me!

Jessica, I have missed 2 wks in a row of TLC weekends. I don't usually watch the evening shows(which are the new ones) but I try to watch sat afternoons. But now the weekends start to get busy.

How are you feeling Alexia? This thing has really walloped you. Hope you are feeling better.

Peg & Lynn. I contacted the regional person at TOPS for my area and she emailed me today. There is one about 45 mins away that she thinks is a better mix of people. I will try to check it out wed nite. (coincedentaly the same nite as the other location which is good for me.) Being so far away I might not go every week, if I join.

Well I hope everyone has good day tomorrow. ttyl
Old 04-13-2004, 12:24 AM   #168  
A princess on a mission

Oh boy...do I feel like I've hit a plateau...I haven't lost anything in the past two weeks what is even worse, is that I gained 1.5 pounds. yah thats what I feel like...I am so ashamed of myself right now...I want to lose weight so that I can go on hikes, camping trips, and even ride the roller coasters with my boyfriend this summer, but I'm not seeing myself doing that...Its so depressing to me...and what do I do...I go right for the bad stuff in my life *chocolate, chips, sodas* and all though at the time it makes me feel really really good afterwards I just feel like a total and its sickening to me...It really is...I've gotta get some self control...Im going to Curves regularly and usually drinking nothing but water and well its my eating that has gotten out of hand...i was doing so good and now, im back to my old ways...hording chocolate and candy and thinking "oh this one cookie wont harm me" grrrrr...I get so mad at myself... I need to start cracking the whip...I guess I just need to know that I can do it but I dont see that happening...

I need someone to be my and tell me and make me get on that and work my tail off...I've gotta say no to and *all though I prefer burger king* and stay with my good stuff like my water and salads with LITE dressing...

Sorry for the babbling...just having a bad day...I'll try to be better...

jessica

Old 04-13-2004, 12:40 AM   #169  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*

Still Sick but getting better each day
My fave. show is clean sweep I can relate I have alot of stuff I'm a little sick of while you were out all they seem to show is reruns. trading spaces used to be my fave but some of the designs they do are really bad. hildi is not a designer she is just plain nuts and doug is anal.
I'm glad I'm getting better now so I can get back to working on my weight.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:43 PM   #170  

Hi everyone

Donna, on the 3 lbs!!! That is great news! Wooo Hoo!

Jessica, don't get too down on yourself. I think ALL of us have been in those shoes at one time or another. I know I have. You just have to start over and don't dwell on your slip up. Give those cookies to someone at work or just throw them out. Tomorrow is a new day and you get to have a "do over" Believe me, there are days when I think this is too hard that I should just eat what I want & be happy BUT....of course we both know that you can't really be happy eating junk and feeling crappy. I am probably not the best person to give advice on this (Lord knows I still need a lot of work) but we need you to snap out of your funk and get back on track.

Now, can someone yell at me and tell me to stay off the GD scale!!! I am obsessive about it and I know it's not doing me any good. I wish the thing would break so I wouldn't have a choice. It's ok if I have lost a pound but if it goes up or plateaus then I really bum myself out. Thank you in advance

Lynn
Old 04-13-2004, 08:58 PM   #171  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

Jessica,
You only gained 1.5 pounds thats nothing! Just stop feeling bad about it and get right back at it. If you don't that 1.5 will turn into 5 before you know it thats what always happens to me. You really have come a long way sense your start weight don't give up. When I was at your weight before I gained so much I used to go hiking, mountain biking, camping, swimming it's not the weight that keeps you from doing those things it's how you feel about yourself. I know when I feel like a fat *** I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. Try not to limit yourself so much if you started hiking you may feel like your going to die at first but you get used to it and gain energy. Last summer I went hiking with my cousin for over 1 hour and I weighed over 260. You have to remember how damn good it felt to lose the weight so much better than eatting cookies and crap. Now I will try to take my own advice. It really it so @#@!*&# hard
Sorry for any bad spelling
Old 04-15-2004, 08:56 PM   #172  

Sure is quiet here today. Where is everyone?

I hope everyone is well. I am still sticking to Slimfast but I seem to have hit a plateau already! Very frustrating. I figure I am around 1200 - 1500 calories a day and i still go to the gym 3-4 times per week. This is hard. But I do dream of the day that I go shopping for a size 10 pair of jeans, that I see someone from high school that say "damn, Lynn, you look great!" and that I can STOP dreaming of Mr. Right because I finally found him.

Well, I can dream right??
Old 04-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #173  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*~*~*

HI Lynn.
It has been a busy week for me and it looks like for others also this room is dead. I'm sure over the weekend it will stay the same. You hit another plateau? You prob. are gaining muscle you seem to be doing very well just stay away from the icecream This whole weight loss thing SUCKS
Old 04-16-2004, 09:27 PM   #174  

Oh wow, I haven't had ice cream in a long time (it seems that way)! I think my favorite is friendly's vanilla with fudge swirl. Thank you for the encouragement. I guess I am getting impatient. You know how it is...everyone wants instant results. nope, not this time. I did see a slightly lower number this morning on the scale, so I was pretty happy about that.

So how is everone doing with this months challange? I can't wait to hear everyone's good news!!

We finally had some sunshine today!! And they said by Monday it could be in the low 80's!! finally!

Well, everyine have a great weekend. On Sunday i am going to a seafood place (right on the ocean) for lunch with a friend. We have already decided that we'll split an entree and we'll each have a shrimp cocktail. I cannot wait!!

Lynn
Old 04-17-2004, 09:17 AM   #175  

hi all,

well i dont know how ...but i did manage to go down 1 more pound. after easter dinner and all!!! well now it is time to get back on track and really get going with this. my daughter bought a tae-bo tape and we tried it out last night. it lasts about 45 min but we only lasted 1/2 hr. sure need to be a lot more cordenated (sp) than we are. when we wern't laughing to hard at each other we did get a good workout. how is everyone else doing??

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!

Peg
Old 04-18-2004, 11:44 AM   #176  

Well I typed out a really long post yesterday but Poof, it was gone. So here I am today trying again.

Peg, I have the Tae-bo tapes hidden somewhere. Actually, one is at a friends house. I used to go after work and we never got past the introduction tape. Laughed alot, sweated alot, must of done some good. I am trying to do differnet types of exercise now so I have more options. Maybe I should try that again.

Lynn, I am actually doing this challenge which if I recall( I'll look back in the posts)end 4/30? but I'm also doing a WW challenge thru 6/6. I think I'm doing ok though. I kind of lost track. This thread was getting so slow. I hope everyone is doing well.
ttyl
Old 04-18-2004, 06:13 PM   #177  

Hey everyone,

Donna, I thought we lost you!!! Glad to hear you are doing good. And yes, our challange was for the month of April. I have to say, I have been doing good myself. Even made thru Aunt Flo's visit without any slip ups. And you are right, it's getting quiet in here. Yoo Hoo, where is everyone??

Well, today i went for my seafood lunch. Had a cute waiter named Chris (way too young for me though ) But for lunch we each had a shrimp cocktail, and we split a twin lobster roll platter. It was DELISH!!! They didn't even use mayo so it was hunks of lobster with tiny shrimp on a toasted roll. Very yummy.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. I am fairly certain that I will make my goal this month which makes me so happy I cannot even put it into words.

Lynn
Old 04-19-2004, 02:29 AM   #178  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

Hi everyone! whoever is left in here If we have lost some of our group we will just have to get some new members. I'm going to be here awhile and I'm sure I will see alot of people come and go, it's a long hard battle
I'm staying away from the scale for the week.. our group goal is almost here I'm a little stressed. 2 WEEKS left WOW it really flys by.
The weather has been very nice here I can't wait until it's warmer so I can go to the lake. I have been shopping alot I can't stay away from buying clothing no matter what size I am. I think if I was thin I would spend my whole day at the clothing store I know I was trying on clothing for a few hours the other day. I bought 6 new shirts and some jewelry and hair accessories. My feet were killing me
I have been spring cleaning also. I have so many things I find it overwhelming I hate the feeling like you just can't toss things out and it stresses me out.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #179  

Hello Ladies,

How is everyone tonight? Good I hope.

Alexia, it's funny, I love clothes also but I have been holding back. I really want my next shopping excursion to be for a smaller size. I want to say "Geez, these jeans are just way too big for me - I cannot wear them any longer". You can call it one of my personal goals. I have a feeling it may be a while though. I do have quite a bit of clothes but a lot of them have elastic (or partial ) in the waist so I can probably wear most of them even while losing. That's ok though....I'll be saving up my $$$ for the big day.

Tonight I did 60 min on the treadmill!! Woo hoo! Longest time for me ever. It wasn't too bad. What I do is walk at my regular pace then for 1 minute (or as long as I can stand it) then I will up the MPH a bit. Then I go back to my regular then switch off every 5 minutes or so. I feel like I have accomplished more when I do it that way. Is everyone getting their exercise?
Jessica, do you still go to Curves? How is it going for you?

Donna, how was that Tae Bo tape? I remember seeing it on TV but it looked real hard. Besides, I'm not all that coordinated. I would probably fall in a heap after 5 minutes.

Lynn
Old 04-20-2004, 08:27 PM   #180  

Default words of wisdom

hi all,

i just read some things in a mag. that i thought i would share.

10 WAYS TO STICK TO A PLAN

1.MAKE A GROCERY LIST AND STICK TO IT.

2.DON'T SHOP FOR GROCERIES ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.

3.TAKE A FEW LAPS AROUND THE SUPERMARKET BEFORE SHOPPING.

4.HAVE A LITE SNACK BEFORE DINING OUT.

5.EAT SLOWLY

6.TO ELIMINATE LATE NIGHT SNACKING,FREEZE LEFTOVERS IMMEDIATLY.

7.DON'T ALLOW FOOD IN FRONT OF THE TV. EAT ONLY IN KITCHEN OR DINING ROOM.

8.STORE HIGH CALORIE FOODS OUT OF SIGHT.

9.DRINK EIGHT GLASSES OF WATER A DAY.

10.WALK AROUND THE HOUSE WHILE ON THE PHONE.
Closed Thread