Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:54 AM   #256  

Hey Lynn,

That "tastes of Hartford" sounds like fun. I have made a list of things I'd like to do for the weekend. The house is in a real state of neglect. Aunt Flow always slows me down and takes over the menu and eating the wrong things slows me down even more. So I need to do some cleaning today. My son's jeep broke down and is at the dealership so I will be mom's taxi this weekend.
I thought maybe as incentive to get the cleaning done(since I hate to do it)
I would go get a mani/pedicure when I'm done. I should also try some new recipes this weekend while the dh is away. Since I don't have to cook for him I can put a little more time into my own meals. Still not journalling. No new smilies by my signature. I'm just amazed out how my will takes over on this one and I just don't do it. It's almost funny.

Well, it seems that it's just you, me and Alexia these days. Well, Peg too. Your right she probably is buying new jeans for the 199 body. I'm really happy for her. She's done so well. So are you. I need the kick in the pants. The size 22 pants

Well, I guess I should start cleaning. ttyl
Old 06-12-2004, 10:49 AM   #257  

hi all,

not buying new yet just getting back into old...lol... will save buying until i hit goal
dont think i have anything that size or if i did it would be from the 70s ....lol.. i guess those would be back in style!! anyway i think im in a slump so will get up off this chair and do some exercise.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!
Peg
Old 06-14-2004, 09:14 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone,

How is everyone doing? I'm enduring another one of my plateaus. It always seems to take a couple of weeks to break out of it. Its funny how they say that by eating less and exercising you will lose. But that's not exactly true! I go weeks with nothing then lose 3. I'm not complaining (well, just a little ) but it does get frustrating.

Has anyone here ever tried an elliptical machine? Holy crap, that thing is tough! The 1st time I tried it I lasted exactly 3 min 15 sec. and that was with a break in between. I thought I would die. Now I am proud to say I am up to 6 and 1/2 minutes!

I never did make it to The taste of Hartford. The friend I was going to go with crapped out on me. I think she just didn't want to walk there like I had planned. Ohwell, I saved myself some calories.

have a great week everyone!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:05 PM   #259  

hi all,

ok I have an elliptical update....tonight I lasted 10 minutes!!

Well, that was at a snails pace an with several 10 second breaks to catch my breath but hey, it's beats 3 minutes!!
Old 06-16-2004, 12:03 AM   #260  

Hi Lynn,

When I belonged to the big gym about a 1 1/2 ago I used to love the eliptical machine. I was up to 30 mins when I quit the gym. Now I belong to Lucille Roberts gym which doesn't have many machines. Only 2 elipticals and you have to sign up for them. Maybe the next time I'll try it and see if I can get thru 5 mins.

I've been journalling for the last few days. I don't know if it will help, but I figure it can't hurt. My friend at work and I had our first week weigh in on monday and I was down 2lbs. Now we will weigh in again on friday since she's leaving for vacation on saturday and we won't weigh in again for 10 days. I still get on my scale almost everyday, but only chart the weigh ins at work.

Don't worry about that plateau. You'll pull out of it. Your so good with the diet and exercise. It happens to everyone. Too bad you had to miss Tastes of Hartford, I know you were looking forward to it.

Hope everyone else is doing well. ttyl
Old 06-16-2004, 03:53 AM   #261  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*

Hi everyone sorry I have been a no show for a week, but I just met a new guy and I've been busy getting to know him. My boyfiend of near 10 years drove me crazy so I'm over that drama.
Lynn, what is elliptical? I know now that we do have a curves here I seen it today driving by. Not that I'd have the nerve to go .
I'm trying to stay off the scale because I weigh myself way to much, but last time I did step on it was going down again so that is great .
Never did get the patio done oh boy I hope soon, been busy. I didnt do all that weeding and diging for nothing so it will get done.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #262  

Hi All:

Alexia.......tell us all about the new beau! We want the dirt!! Seriously, I am happy for you! That's great. Don't be afraid to go to Curves. If you are looking to incorporate some exercise in your life it's a good , non-intimidating place to go. It's all women and I really liked that. But it's not full of "Buns of Steel" type women or twits There are many different types that go. Take a look if it is something you are interested in. You may like it.

The ellptical is a torture device. No, it sort of a treadmill and stair stepper in one. It has a gliding motion and some come with movable arm handles so you can work on arm & legs. Tonight I am up to 17 min!!!

Donna, 30 min sounds impossible to me. I did the 17 but that was with several breaks and I don't go all that fast. Some people I see are booking on that thing! I stare in awe of them. Hey, you're down two pounds That's great! Woo Hoo

Well, you all have a great weekend. Talk to you later

Lynn
Old 06-18-2004, 01:01 AM   #263  

hi all,

i am going to put an add in the paper that reads....

WANTED ..HIGH TECH CLOTHES RACK
AKA..TREADMILL.

maybe someone will want to get rid of their unused tredmill and i can get one so i can start walking more. i deffinetly would not hang clothes on it. i dont know about an ellptical ...does it take much knee movement as in climbing stairs? we have a basement and i cant even climb the stairs from bottom to top without my right knee hurting so bad that i have to stop and go one leg at a time left leg first. 44 and have arthrits already. maybe losing this extra weight will help as far as the knee goes. anyway i hope you all are doing good and i hope this weekend is not too challenging for sticking to plan.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
Old 06-19-2004, 10:54 AM   #264  

Hi everyone, Having my morning getting ready to do laundry and cleaning. Ugh!

Peg, I was just told by my chiropractor to stop the WATP for a few days while we try to get rid of this pain in my lower back and left leg. I love the WATP but it does bother my leg. So that means I have to try the tread as walking doesn't seem to bother it. I hate it. I'm driving thru Indiana in August on my way to S.D. and if I didn't need it so much, I'd drop it off to you.
Some people love them. I thought when I bought it that I'd use it everyday.
BORING!!!! loud music, tv, doesn't matter. I huff and puff so much and the thing is so loud, I can't hear the tv and if I turn up the music and tv loud enough to hear it, I'd wake everyone in the house. That's why when I went to the gym I used the elliptical. I bought the tread about 2yrs ago and the ellipticals weren't as popular and were very expensive. If I had to do it again, I would go for the elliptical.

Hi Lynn, Thanks for the congrats. I had to weigh in again on friday because my friend left for vacation today and I was down another 2lbs. Woo hoo.
BTW, I think your doing great on the ellipitical. They say if your heart rate is up then it's beneficial, you'll increase the time little by little. Keep up the good work.

Alexia, details girl, we want details. Sounds like more fun then laying brick.

Well, hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. ttyl
Old 06-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #265  

Hello all:

How is everyone today?

Donna, two more You must be so happy! I'm sorry to hear about your back though. I wonder why the treadmill doesn't bother it?? Let us know how your are doing.

I am still enduring my plateau

I am thinking that I need to go to the gym an extra day a week or stay longer when I do go. It gets real frustrating knowing that I have so much weight to lose, am doing things that should show results, but I see nothing!!! Sorry to keep harping on this, but I need to vent! It's not fair. ok, am done being a crybaby.)

Peg, I see your down to 196. Way to go !! What plan are you on? I'm sure you have mentioned it but it's hard to keep track.

Well, I better get to that gym of mine. Then off to dad's to give him a card. And for the gift I am going to give him 10 hours of my time to help w/ yardwork this summer (probably mowing the HUGE yard). He is unable to do it and I figure it won't hurt to spend an hour a week this summer sweating and burning a few calories.

Talk to you all later.

Lynn
Old 06-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #266  

lynn,

i am counting calories and keeping them between 1200 and 1500. i also go to T.O.P.S. which is a weight loss suport group and being weighed every thursday helps. they dont have a certain plan that you have to follow they are just there for information and support....... here is a typical day for me.....

6:15 cereal with f f milk...150

9.00 slim fast bar ..........220

11:30 pretzels.................120
cottage cheese........120
peaches..................140

2:00 apple......................90

6:00 Wendys
Plain baked potato.......270
small chili ..................200

grand total..........................1310

i only drink water or diet pop or on a really hot day i will drink minute maid light lemonade which has only 5 calories per serving.

by eating several times a day i am keeping my calories under control and dont get really really hungry and end up going off plan. all i can say is this works for me but everyone is different and it takes time to figure out what works best for you. so far i havent done much exercise but i really need to or i probably will end up all saggy and baggy. right now i am doing ok so i guess if i stop losing then i will find another form of action.

hope you find a plan that works for you.

Talk to you LIGHTER!!!
Peg
Old 06-22-2004, 09:04 PM   #267  

Peg,

I am doing something similar to you. Except for the lunch portion. I'll get a tuna salad or a grilled chicken sandwich. I like to have a bigger lunch and small snacks during the day. Usually a yougurt and fruit and I do the Slimfast thing too. I'm trying to keep the calories around 1500 per day but that may go up or down depending on what I have for lunch. I will change things a bit if this plateau keep up.

Hey, where is everyone??

Lynn
Old 06-24-2004, 10:28 AM   #268  

Hi All:

ok, some good news finally! I broke my plateau!!! I hopped on the scale this morning & was down 2 pounds!! I have to accept the fact that I am not a steady loser, that I just lose here & there. I promise I will not rant & rave during the next plateau (well, I will try anyway!!)

Peg, I think you are onto something with zigzagging the calories, because the last two nights I ate a regular supper instead of my yougurt & fruit and I ended up losing. Go figure. Do I dare do that every night?? Maybe as long as I am going to the gym it is ok?? I am scared to find out.

How is everyone doing??? It looks like Jessica & Alexia are MIA.

How is that new man Alexia?? You haven't told us thing about him.

Well, I hope everyone is doing great. Don't forget to check in. I get lonely around here.

Lynn
Old 06-25-2004, 11:40 PM   #269  

Hi Peg, Hi Lynn,
I wish I could say I was doing as well as you guys. I lost 4lbs last week, but this week, with my friend on vacation, I've really been horrible. I probably put the 4lbs back on. I'm afraid to get on the scale. Everyday I say I will start over and do well and then I fall apart. I don't know what my problem is.
You both do so well. I look at your menu's and I'm in awe. It doesn't seem like very much. How do you do it day after day. If it wasn't for the exercise I'm doing, I'd probably be gaining steadily.

Alexia, I hoping not hearing from you means your out having fun.

Well, I guess I'll try again tomorrow. good night.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:44 PM   #270  

Hey Donna, sorry to hear you had a bad week. It is just a temporary setback. But you are still exercising so that is a very good thing! Dont stop that or I will have to drive to New York and

I can't answer your question about how I keep doing it. I will say that this is the longest that I have ever stuck to a weight loss plan. I drag myself to the gym. I think the fact that they deduct $37.10 from my checkbook each month is a good motivater. I'm not one of those people that say "Oh, I feel great after my workout" I feel tired and sweaty! But I go back.

I just think that after doing this for a couple of months and seeing that my clothes were fitting a little looser I started thinking that "hey,maybe I can do this" Then when the scale goes down a little bit I get even more motivated. Coming here and reading about people that have done it and kept it off helps a lot!

Anyway, don't give up! You may surprise yourself and find that you didn't gain at all. especially, if you have been exercising.
Closed Thread