Old 07-04-2004, 11:12 PM   #256  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Brandy - I can be that way also, eating the same foods till I'm sick of them.
You had me peeing my pants with the "little salt bombs"! For me it's been: cheese and hummus, cheese and hummus.

I do have to look into the veggie side of SB because as I said I'm not crazy about eggs, meat, fish and veggies, which besides cheese is what I should be eating.
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:43 AM   #257  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Also not a fan of eggs, meat, or fish. Do love my veggies (I'm big into roasting them now which takes next to zero effort on my part, which is probably why I like it). I could totally have a cheese and hummus moment. Totally. I heart hummus in a way that just can't be good. Of course, I want it with toasted pita bread and a big honkin' side of stuffed grape leaves. All the stink you can get, essentially.

Still not 239. STILL. ACK! I swear, today I will do better. I will get the dairy I'm supposed to have. I will not eat any little salt bombs. I may even exercise. Maybe.

B
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:48 AM   #258  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Ok, so I still have .5 to go before I hit my stinkin' 10% but this am, I have finally seen the 230s the very upper reaches of the 230s, but still!!! Am thrilled
Old 07-06-2004, 11:54 AM   #259  
Raised By Wolves

Good for you Brandy! I'll be sending my positive vibes your way.

I don't want to get into the whole South Beach thing right now because I'm pist! P-I-S-T Pist!
Old 07-06-2004, 02:15 PM   #260  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Oh my! Well when ya simmer down, lemme know. I don't know if I can help, but venting is welcome! That's what we're here for!

B
Old 07-07-2004, 10:20 AM   #261  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Congratulate me girls! It's official - I met my 10% (I was so close, I snuck an extra weigh in - ok, a few) and I'm actuall one pound under!!! YAY!

So next 10%, here I come!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:58 AM   #262  
Raised By Wolves

YOU GO GIRL!

And when I've calmed down I'll tell you about the whole South Beach thing.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #263  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Thanks! I'm so excited.

Wow, if you're still steamin' - this must've been some BIG SB thing.

Have a great day!
Old 07-07-2004, 04:08 PM   #264  
Raised By Wolves

Okay. I didn't want to get into it again, but here goes:

I started SB the Sun before last and did everything I was supposed to. No sugar, flour, or anything with that. Well, I got confused as to how much I weighed and how much I lost after 4 days, which turned out to be 3lbs. A day or so later I felt heavier. Got on the scale last Sun and I was down only 1lb.

What kind of crap is that? I was soooooooooooo frustrated because to not eat carbs for me is a BIG achievement and struggle so I wanted to lose the f'n 5-7lbs everyone else does.

So now, as of today I have started Phase 1 again and this time I am going to pay close attention to what goes in my mouth and journal my food. A fellow SBeacher online is going to review my journal at the end of the week.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:45 PM   #265  
A woman of ACTION

Hey Ladies...sorry I've been MIA for so long. Hit a wall, but then found a ladder and climbed over, so I'm back on track. Just have a moment for a quick "Hi!" and a congrats to you both for your hard work and perseverance. GO team GO!

Lorraine
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:23 AM   #266  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Raff, sucks that your first week was a bit off, but it's very smart to have someone else look over your journals!

Lorraine, glad to have you back with us!

I'm still plugging away!

B
Old 07-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #267  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Ok guys, I have ten weeks (TEN!!!) before I go on vacation (and change, so like ten weeks and a few days) and I have GOT to lose AS MUCH WEIGHT AS POSSIBLE. Please be my Ten Week Countdown Buddies? And kick my *** when I slack, ok?
Old 07-13-2004, 01:11 AM   #268  
Raised By Wolves

Okay! My foot is winding up right now as I speak. You can do it. And if, for some reason you don't, you must remember that you have already lost a significant amount of weight.

Where are you going you lucky stiff? I'm going to PM my home address to you so you can send me a postcard.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #269  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Thank you, but please let fly with the kicks anyway. Honest, I will be thrilled with myself if I just stay on plan this whole time!

We're going back to this place we love in Florida. We rent a big house for a week just after the kids go back to school (so we end up not having to share the beach with anyone - hee!). Tons of balconies and a pool, right on the beach on a part of the island where the houses are well-spaced and right next to some kind of nature preserve or something. The dolphins are like RIGHT THERE ten feet from you in the water. We go with some of our family and friends and just hang out, drink, play games, and enjoy the view for eight days. I highly recommend it. We found it when we were looking for a rental that would allow us to bring our dog. He likes the beach now too. It's not terribly exciting but we love it for just that reason. I will try to send you a postcard (assuming I ever leave the house, last time I was just beach - poop - house - beach - house - pool - house - beach...). If nothing else, I'll take a pic and write on the back. Hee.

B
Old 07-13-2004, 03:28 PM   #270  
Raised By Wolves

That sounds wonderful! I love dolphins and read in a magazine that there is a place in FL called Discovery Cove (I think) where you can snorkel with dolphins. Of course, the dolphins won't be snorkeling, just us.