Old 07-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #31  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Argh!!! Lost my post AGAIN. this STUPID TIME OUT this site has. I don't think you can be logged in for 5 minutes before it screws you up.

I have to get ready to go see a tour of the senior living apartments in town so no time to repost.

Will try and get back later tonight. Sorry...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Not sure what is going on but more than likely it was on my end. I redid the subscribe to the thread and it was here today. Thanks for checking on your end.
I hate it when I have the blahs for no know reason. I think it's the summer heat.
Happy
I was hoping this site would do an upgrade. I'm not really sure when the niece will get her ducks all in a row. Her mom heard her talking to her bf about getting a place for her and the dog when she came to Florida. I really don't want her to go
I came back to Branson this morning to get my niece to work. Think they are trying to "kill" her. But I know how she feels as I worked those long 12 hour days too. She is really tired. She's schedule to work 11 straight days. Told her I would help her any way I could.
After I took her to work I had my hair trimmed. It's been exactly 2 months. And I was getting antsy about cutting it myself. The stylist did a very good job. I asked for him not to use the clippers, yes a guy cut it.. I really like it.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-16-2018 at 03:24 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #33  

Afternoon all from the sauna that is Chicago.

Ceejay - Ugh, doing yard work in this hot weather! Hope you kept up on the water to keep you hydrated. == I get what you say about this site. I have myself getting notifications of new posts on this thread. They used to give a hyperlink to the new post, but not anymore. Oh well.

Annie - Sorry the allergies were bugging you. But it's good to have downtime, even though it's not your nature.== I didn't get to the farmers market yesterday. Maybe next weekend...

Happy - I hope the visit to the senior housing went well. Is there a waiting list for that??

Hellos to Shad, Susie & Dee.
==
Nothing much to report. Weekend was fine. Saturday was my hair appointment and then some errands. Sunday I went to the fc and then after my shower, picked up mom for some grocery shopping. Never got to the farmers market, again. Some laundry, reading, TV, and that was about it.

Well, the final mortgage payment is due 8/1. We had it on autopay all this time, but apparently the last one must go direct to the payoff department, and must be certified funds. Have to talk with the bank, I'm sure they'll issue a certified check or something. Need to allow mailing time!

There's an Abba cover band for the Thursday night concert in the park, so I'm going to try to switch up my workouts and do Monday & Wednesday instead of Tues/Thurs.

That's all for me. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #34  

Happy
How did the visit to the senior facility go?

Laura
Yes I try to keep hydrated while working outside in this heat. Doesn't it feel good not to have but one more mortgage payment. I would be doing happy dance.

Hello to the rest of you, Susie, Dee Shad.
-------
Not much has happened since yesterday.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #35  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, I'm on my cell reading your posts @ work @ the marina, so I don't have time for personals right now, ppl are keeping me very busy in person, online & on the phone. Everyone is having great vacations on the water. A part-time employee works 2 hrs daily with me now, so I have time to do customer appts & marina stuff. I'm working 4, 9 hr days & leaving @ 11am on Fridays when one of the owners comes to work & the hubby/wife work until Monday, they live on their houseboat May-October so when the marina office/store closes the owners are available on their cell on their houseboat for any slip renters problems or the recreational or shower building.

Ceeg, Did you get to go fishing yet? What do you fish for? I've been wanting to ask you what your favorite hush puppy recipe is & if you make rice/hush puppies because whenever I'm down south I eat delicious rice puppies @ dinners, my first time was in Arkansas.

Ppl just came in again I'll be back after I sneak in some more Amazon Prime shopping deals again.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:18 PM   #36  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

GOOD MORNING

Working from home today. What a challenge. Be glad when the littles take their nap. Hope they are down when I have my CC with my boss at 2:30pm. Had my yearly this morning on the north side of Indy so decided to work from home after. She said it all looked good. hahaha. The results won't be back for a few days.

Not much going on here. Just a bunch of the same ole stuff different day.

Hello to all, make it a wonderful day/night.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #37  

Morning all. Weather was nice yesterday and will continue today. Good to have a wee break from the overly hot/humid stuff.

Ceej – Yup, I’ll be doing the happy dance when that payment is made.
Dee – Sounds like you’re busy and happy at work. == I’ve heard of hush puppies - thought they were just dough. But I’ve had arancini, an Italian rice ball, center filled with ground meat/peas/cheese (or spinach too), surrounded by rice and deep-fried. Served with marinara sauce. Yum. Used to get one annually at one of the summer fests we go to every summer in a largely Italian-populated suburb of Chicago. The booth that had them doesn’t offer them anymore. But our local Italian sandwich place has them, so every once in a while I’ll indulge.

Annie - I can only imagine how tough it would be to work at home with the kids and dogs running around! Good luck. == Yay for the good checkup.

Hellos to the rest of you. Susie, loving the fb photos of your vacay!!
=
Nothing much to report. Went to the fc on Monday. Did some pushups and dumbbell exercises last night. Tonight will be the fc. Thinking about seeing how a workout on the elliptical will feel on my foot. Or maybe use the upright stationary bike instead of the recumbent this time.

I *finally* put some of my music on my phone yesterday morning after having it for several months. Nice.

The clock radio in our bathroom is old and decrepit – not enough preset buttons, one button doesn’t even work, FM radio reception is bad. We ordered a new radio during prime days that has a lot of presets and a built in nightlight (changeable colored LED light)). Should be delivered today.

That’s it for me, so I’ll get this posted. Take care everyone.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #38  

Annie
Glad that the doctors visit went well but ugh on working from home.

Laura
Thanks for the reminder to change the batteries on my wall clocks at home.

Dee
Sorry but I do not cook fish. It smells up the house. Plus I don't like fish that well. If I'm hungry for fish it's usually catfish and I go to a place that specializes in that one kind of fish. Still haven't been fishing. Nephews are too busy to take me.

Hello to Susie who is on a vacation.. Loving the pictures. Happy and Shad

--------------------
Since niece is working her long 12 hour shifts I told her I would help her clean her room. Good grief, I literally need a backhoe in this space called her bedroom. I hate to say this but she is one big SLOB. 10 times worse than her brother. I've completed 2 loads of laundry and a set of sheets that were on the floor. and I have 3 more loads sorted to wash. I will do what I can today but the rest will have wait till next week.

And to top this off my right hip joint and lower back are bothering me again. It started before I started this task. I may go home tomorrow to work in the yard. It will need to be mowed since we have had a bit of rain. Plus I'll need to call the cable company if the cable hasn't been buried. I may have to set a time for me to be home to get in the back yard.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:59 AM   #39  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Monday, oh wait it is THursday and my Friday....altho doing nothing fun. Taking Samantha for surgery tomorrow. She has a cyst or tumor on her upper leg. Won't know what it is until they get in there. Dr. HOH,<----ME, thinks it is a cyst. That is my diagnosis.

Last night was hair trim and chair massage. Wonderful. Then we all went to Bonnie and Clyde's Hideout for dinner. Bar/pub type place with a jail theme. Funny the building the restaurant is in used to be a bank. Anyway I had a grilled angus burger, green beans and shared a side salad with Sam. It was very tasty. Royce, the 4 yr old, dug into the onion rings like there was no tomorrow. He must of ate 7 or 8 of them. Plus his cheese quasadilla Weird little kid. Jacob of course had a hot dog and chips. C had some sort of burger and Sam had boneless wings. I just think boneless wings are like chicken type nuggets with some kind of sauce poured over them. Not worth the money to me, but that is just me. I can see I am babbling.

CEEG...awful nice of you to help your niece out with her room. She needs to make some sort of effort too. Even if it is only sorting out her laundry to be washed. We make time for what we want to make time for. Hope your back/hip get to feeling better. That stinks when we know of things we need to do.

LAURA...nice getting a new clock in the bathroom. My clock in my bathroom took a poo<---haha, to a poo. It drove me nuts till I got a new one in there. Didn't realize how much I relied on it when getting ready for work.

Not much going on this weekend. Chris has the boys and I will be "doctoring" Samantha.

Love and hugs all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #40  
Choose your hard

Hi guys,

OMG - I feel like an octopus has 8 tenacles each of which has a grip on me and is pulling me downward. I am DROWNING in demands on me and my time. I bought peaches last week - they are drying out - things shrivel and wither here because it's so dry - they don't rot - they dry out. So DH is asking WHEN are you going to process these peaches before they rot? Last night at 10pm I was peeling peaches and making some peach nectar. It's good but needs something more to it. I have processed the credit card payments for the fundraiser I worked Saturday night - there are 4 payments that are rejecting because people DONT FILL THE PAPER WORK OUT PROPERLY !!!! Not my problem, I am not overextending myself to get the right info like I once used to. You make a problem, you suffer with that problem people. I still have to assemble the paperwork and hand it off - that's about an hour of stapling receipts and such... Went to a meeting at the thrift shop yesterday. We gave up on staff meetings because they were out of control and useless but a new person wants to revive them again. She said she is very good at running meetings and had a list of her suggestions to run meetings which is EXACTLY HOW I RAN THE USELESS MEETINGS but I said nothing - let her try. Of course they want ME to give them the updated email list of active people so that's another to do. DH was solicited for a project to teach the elderly how to use tablets. He needs more coaches to help so guess WHO will have to get involved. I am also helping him with the details of set up as well as forms and ideas and articles for the newspaper etc, etc. This morning I was greeted with "when are you going to write that newspaper article" - it doesn't have to be turned in until Monday but he wants it now. So guess what I did this morning instead of posting here? And writing requires the right mood - can't just pop something off the top of my head. We reviewed 4 different places for my Mom - still seems like up here is the best option - we will just have to hope and pray that Mom does not require expensive assisted living one day. But that soaked a big chunk of my time this week. There is the transition of the Senior Center as the Director is leaving and there is some fringe stuff I am involved in. I have a couple of emails flagged that I need to follow up with. I need to pay my $2 Macy's bill before that turns into a $45 late fee!!! In fact, let me do that now... Ok done. I also had to clean out the hot tub after DH drained it - done. I admit I skipped weigh in today because I did not want to leave the house - I have to talk to my sister after she drops Mom off at home today so I can get the personal information needed to fill out her application at the Senior apartments. And I have to go to bingo early because we are short of people so that's a 3:30 to 9pm night for me. And I promised a couple of weeks ago I'd fill in all day at the Senior Center tomorrow. Honestly there is TOO MUCH going on. I keep telling myself if I can just get through this week, next week will be better and it's not. Sigh... Oh and the senior apartments by me is just a great place. I think she would be happy here once she settles in. When I'm 92 I'd LOVE someone to "dump me" in a nice place like this. Open, airy, nice people, good sized apartment, just a roll down the hall (literally) from our emergency room at the hospital. What more could you need????

Susie - it looks like you are having a wonderful time at the beach. You deserve a nice vacation - hope you can squeeze every last bit of fun out of it.

Annie - Yes, boneless wings are chicken nuggets with sauce on them. I don't see the point either because they don't taste like wing meat. But if they like it. I hope all goes well with Sam's surgery and that it's just a minor fix. She has the best nurse ever in you...

Ceejay - PLEASE DON'T CUT YOUR OWN HAIR AGAIN Take some time from helping people to do something nice for you

Laura - I looked a tiny bit at Prime Day - didn't really see anything. DH compared laptop prices - we are better off buying direct from HP or Dell - what they offer at bargains is low grade. I hope you are happy with your clock tho - can't go wrong with that. I would give the elliptical a try and if it bothers your foot - switch to something less foot intense. Good for you for keeping up with the exercise. I have neglected my swimming sad to say...

Sounds like you are having a fun time at your job Dee - it's a wonderful thing when one can say that. Are you getting tanned too?

Shaddie - time to check back in!

I wish I could stay longer but there are things to be done and the clock is spinning at 4 times it's normal rate. I can't believe it's almost 1pm already.

Be good!!!
Old 07-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #41  

Happy
I promise that I haven't cut my hair. Went to a salon this time. I've been lucky that sis had the house for me to move into. Will be glad to get back to it. My BIL moved his 94 year old mom from Illinois to Missouri last week. She was tired from the long car trip but seems to have settled in. She does have dementia. If you move your mom by you, you will have an excuse not to volunteer as much.
I'm only helping niece while she is doing these eleven 12 hour days. Think I wore myself out yesterday. I don't want to do anything today.

Annie
I would have expected to see Bonnie and Clyde to come out of the wood work. What a fun place to eat! I love onion rings but only eat them once in awhile. Hope S's problem is not serious.

Dee
It does sound like you have a fun job.

-------------------
I was informed this morning that I should think about going to the Dominican Republic the later part of November. Sis and her hubby are going I told my sis that I didn't have that kind of money but she said she would be paying for it. Think I will go with them. My nephew's in law's went last year and loved it.

Speaking of nephew, they sold their house and bought the "mansion". I still haven't seen it except in pictures.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:04 AM   #42  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I promised I'd fill in at the Senior Center today. At least it's more quiet on Fridays - I HOPE SO. Mondays are the worst as they are the busiest. Last night at bingo I talked to one of the ladies who lives in the Senior Apartments down the street. She said she LOVES IT. She waited a year and a half for an available apartment. She said the food is very good and they pamper you something fierce - both should be appealing to my Mom. I am going to call there today and see if I can drop off the application and deposit over lunch time. I'm hoping I can maybe do another to do task at the Center if it's quiet and get that one out of the way also. Its rainy today and should be again tomorrow also. Gads, I am hoping we can get the boat on the water more than 3 times this year. I suggested to DH an ATV ride to breakfast on Sunday. He agreed. Bingo was busy last night, with only 3 of us there is no time to slack off - we are all hopping. Had a new guy help out 2 weeks ago and hoped he'd come back again but heard he got hung up at work last night so it was just us regulars. This weekend is the Lumberjack competition - one of the 2 big summer things in town. I think the men's champ is from Australia. Last night on the news they interviewed a gent from New Zealand. I guess his saw got lost/damaged on the flight over and someone was nice enough to lend him a saw. I guess this competition is a big deal in the competitive world - I have never gone to see it. The stands are completely unshaded so you are at the mercy of the elements - generally the hot blazing sun so no thanks. Hoping to spend some time at home this weekend tackling house chores.

Ceejay - I'm glad you didn't hack up your hair I can understand the urge to just "trim it a bit" and then it goes too far and oops! Hope the nephew will be happy with the mansion. Sometimes a big house sounds wonderful until you have to clean it or repair it. Sooooo... the Dominican Republic, eh? That's pretty far to travel. I guess it's pretty down there - Costa Rica used to be a very popular place to vacation, still might be. Anyway that would be exciting. Do you have some time to think about it? I smiled at your recent comment and pic of the water plant and how you DON'T miss the place

Annie - prayers that Sam's surgery goes well today. Take good care of her!

Hellos to the rest of you lot. I should jump in the shower - would be nice if I showed up at the office close to when they really open. I don't rush to get in there at 8 am on the dot. The privilege of being a volunteer and working until 9:30pm the night before

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:59 AM   #43  

Good morning
A very tragic incident happened last night in Branson on Tablerock lake. There is a ride here that is amphibious, both land and water, The ride is call the "Duck" I've seen them touring the city of Branson but last night they were on the water when a storm with heavy rain and straight line winds of 75-80 mph came through and capsized the thing. 31 people were on board. 11 people are confirmed dead and more were taken to the local hospitals for injuries. 6 are still unaccounted for. What a tragedy! Anxious to see what happened at my house last night
Old 07-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #44  

Morning all. TGIF.

Ceejay - What a tragedy with that boat. The storm must have come through very suddenly for that to happen. So sad, all those fatalities. == Wow, all that laundry came out of your niece's bedroom?! I guess she really is a slob...or she needs to cut back on her work hours to take care of her personal business at home... == I hope your hip/back pain ease up quickly. I have to say that exercising has made a lot of my stiffness disappear, so yay for that. == Oh, a vacation to the Dom. Rep. sounds exciting! == Congrats to your nephew on their new house.

Annie - I hope Sam's surgery went well. == That restaurant sounds fun. Yeh, I guess boneless wings are really just chicken nuggets in wing sauce. But they are easier to eat... ==

Happy - Do you even know if you're coming or going?! But I guess you wouldn't do all this volunteer stuff if you didn't get some sort of satisfaction out of it...== Glad you found a place you like for your mom. Hope the waiting list isn't as long as it was for that other lady. Agree with Ceejay - having her living up by you is going to curtail some of your volunteer work. == Let us know if you see any hot lumberjacks roaming around town!

Shad - How's it going? Don't be a stranger.

Hellos to Dee and Susie!

==
Let's see, Wednesday I went to the fc and did 15 min. on the elliptical and then about 30 on the recumbent. The elliptical was tiring, and there were two settings (not just one for resistance) and I didn't know what each one meant and I did feel it would eventually bug my foot...should have googled how to use that specific model before starting up. It didn't help that my earbuds died on me about 5 minutes into my workout (they are totally wireless, so they need to be charged). Anyway, I stuck it out for 15 minutes and switched to the recumbent.

Last night bf and I went to another concert in the park - an Abba cover band. It was fun. It rained right as it was supposed to start, but it cleared fairly quickly and they started up after that. I googled them at some point during the show and learned they (the real Abba) have a new song coming out in December of this year after 35 years since breaking up. I also learned that the name Abba is made up of the first letters of their names - Anni, Benny, Bjorn and Agnetha. Huh, never knew that. Anyone planning on seeing the sequel to the movie Mamma Mia? I don't know if I could bear to hear Pierce Brosnan sing again, lol.. But I do love that music.

Okay, enough rambling.. The boss is out doing a volunteer thing this morning, so that's nice. He'll also be on vacation starting next Thursday afternoon, so I'm looking forward to that.

I'd like to take some vacation time myself, but it'll probably not be until mid-August when I've hit some of the deadlines I've got going on. until then, it's back to work. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #45  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I'm back. So much has happened in my life over the last however many years. Some of you have seen my updates on FB, but I haven't even posted there in probably a month. Here's what's currently happening, I recently moved in with my bf J who has an 11 year old son who is a great kid. .A couple weeks after I moved in there was a fire in the upstairs apartment. Our apartment didn't get fire or smoke damage, but lots of water damage. Many of the walls, ceilings and floors will have to be replaced. Also, tests of the acoustic ceilings have come back positive for asbestos. We're staying in the apartment until the renovation/repairs happen. We'd like to keep the apartment, but if the repairs take months, that might not be possible. And of course, rents here are crazy expensive, and it's difficult to find an affordable one that allows small dogs. In the meantime, we bought a used rv for cheap to live in during the renovation...and after we bought it, the landlord changed her mind about letting us park it at the apartment complex. We have it parked there temporarily and aren't going to move it until she puts her foot down...then we'll have to find a place to park it on the street. This weekend will be spent cleaning the rv and going through stuff and sorting out what we need to keep, what can be put in storage, and what can be donated. We don't have that much room in the RV, and not much more room in storage.

J's son is staying with his mom until things get sorted out. Before the fire, J's son lived with us during the week and with his mom on the weekends. Now J only gets to see him a couple times a week.

So lots of stress....but stress in one form or another just comes with life, doesn't it? My work is going good. I've got a consulting job at eBay. The pay is good and I enjoy the work.

I'll try and catch up with what y'all are up to.

Love and hugs
Michelle
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote