Old 08-13-2018, 10:16 PM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,

I was very busy with work last week but I did not work any overtime. In fact I was packed up and ready to head toward the door at 5 p.m. On Wednesday on my way out, he said "oh are you leaving already ready?: it was 5:05 p.m. He went on to say I was going to ask you to look at this this over and then send it out tonight if there a no corrections that you see need to be made.

I smiled and said " Yes, I was heading home as my 8 hrs are over; however, I am happy to log back on and take a look at it and then send it out; is that what you would like for me to do? " He said, "no" ;you can do it if you want to when you get home or 1st think in the morning. I said "thank you" it will be my top priority when I come into the office tomrrow morning"

This sort of tihng has happened at least 10 times since he talked to be about overtime....what the heck?!

Happy: I can't believe you had a day all to yourself! It sounds like you have things worked out with your mom. I hope it will all go well. Thank you for your kind words about that kitten at Wendy's. It made me so upset and I just couldn't drive away and not say/do something. I wrote Wendy's corporate about how the staff handled it so well..they should all be commended.

Annie I love your brows. I am thinking of having mine done as they are so light and I have to pencil them in every day so they can be seen.

Laura: Did you get your new glasses taken care of? Did you get a new electric tooth brush?

Ceejay: How wonderful you got to come home and bring your kitty with you!

Shad: You are as busy as you were when you were working...that is ok...a body in mortion stays in motion.

I am headed to bed...I hope to be back tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #107  

Morning all.

Ceejay – Yay for being home for good. You must be enjoying your time at home. How is Miley adjusting? == Yeh, the lawns around us are brown and ugly. We’re getting rain soon, so hopefully they will green up nicely. Too bad for bf, the grass will grow and he’ll have to mow it. Oh well, he had a nice break from it.

Annie – I like the eyebrows. I had to look up more about that procedure because I really wasn’t sure what it was. Sure to be more natural looking than drawing them on with a pencil. So it’s supposed to last quite a while, right?

Happy – Sorry your arm is hurting. I’ve had rotator cuff issues and they do make it tough to do things – take clothes on and off, steer the car… Unless it’s a big tear, just do the PT exercises yourself and you’ll just have to wait for it to feel better. == What a situation with your mom. I hope the doc’s can improve her medical condition. == Yeh, still biking to the train. I tend to pedal more and faster than I need to and rarely coast - even though I give myself enough time to get to the train in the morning and really don’t need to hurry when I’m cycling home. That certainly doesn’t help me keep cool in this hot weather. We’ll have some rain the next couple days starting tomorrow, so I guess I might get a break. == The farm dinner sounded good. == LOL little Bimmy jumping around on your dh when he just wants a nap!! == Did you get out on the boat the other day? You need more days to yourself!!

Shad - I hope ds2’s surgery goes well and relieves him of the sinus/snoring issues. Have fun dogsitting. I’m sure cat and dog will enjoy each other’s company. Busy as ever I see.

Susie – Sounds like you’re holding your own with no OT. Good for you. The boss needs to be careful what he wishes for…

Dee – Your hub put in your resignation for your job?? I hope you have a nice vacation.
==
Nothing much to report. Yes, we have a new electric toothbrush. Bells and whistles we really didn’t need, but we had to buy a higher level model just to get the nicer charging base and a covered storage compartment for our brush heads. Sigh. It’s just silly that this thing has Bluetooth to connect to a separate little clock display that tracks brushing habits, and to a phone app if one’s so inclined to use it that way.
Bf has his eye appointment today, so I gave him my current glasses and the new frames so the lenses can be switched today.

We went to dinner last night - it was left-handers day yesterday, had to celebrate, right? ;-) We had burgers and sautéed veggies at a place in our village’s downtown, ate on the patio. It was a beautiful evening to be outside.

Gonna go to the fc and work out tonight.

That’s it for me. Let me get this posted and get back to work.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #108  

Hi Dee! It is always so good to see a post from you. Where or what are you and DH planning for your vacation? I do love cozy, warm fall clothing. I am really into the Lu Laroe clothing..started with the leggings and now into the shirts, skirts, dresses. All so very comfortable.

I was lazy last night as I had errands to run after work--I needed to get some things at Ulta. So I didn't get home until 7 (with the drive and my time at the store) and I just couldn't talk myself into a workout so I gave myself a pass. I won't do that tonight. I think I will do the bike and treadmill combo.

Not much else is new since I posted late yesterday. I hope everyone is having a great day!

Old 08-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon,
I'm needing to go to the gym but not in the mood. Maybe later.
I'm getting things together to get my passport ready for our trip in November/December. Tore up the office looking for my birth certificate and something told me to look in my lock box. It was in there. I have an appointment tomorrow to go get my picture made at the post office.
This morning I've spent time in the office getting it put back together and purging some more things.
Miley got on my nerves really bad one day. She was under foot all day. I stepped on her a couple of times by accident and almost fell a couple of times. I was ready to give her up and probably will later in the year before my niece moves to Florida. I'm not an animal person. I don't mind being around them but keeping one and taking care of it is a different story. Today she's been a perfect angel sitting on her perch that's located in the office. One day she wanted to go outside so we went. She stayed on the balcony at the condo and was hoping that is what she would do here on the deck. She found out that she could go through the railing and off she went lickity split. At one time she thought she would scale the fence. I panicked. Luckily she got scared of the height and came back down. I got her and took her back inside. Told her that if she did that again she would be going home. Both neighbors have dogs.

Dee
Sorry your job ended that way

Susie
Your boss may be testing you to see if you will stay and do the overtime. And I think you made the right choice in not exercising last night. We all need a break.

Laura
Do you and bf share the electric tooth brush? Does it have interchangeable heads?

This is about it for me. Will probably go to the gym to get out of the house.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-14-2018 at 03:42 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #110  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Holy Smokes....Every day I hear headline news and say to myself, "What the H*LL is wrong with people?" A animal shelter in southern Indiana was shut down for putting kittens in the freezer instead of euthanizing them. WTHeck. Either way they die but that is considered inhumane. Makes me sad.

Watched a pretty good movie on Netflix last evening. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society. Different but good. Also watched Like Father. Pretty good too.

Dinner was crustless pizza for me and reg for the crew.

Half day today, lots of things to get done this afternoon. Personals tomorrow as I have a couple of hours to finish this mess. Hugs All
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:42 AM   #111  

Annie
That was sad newe that the shelter would put the kittens in a freezer.
-----
Weed eated the back yard yesterday for my exercise.
Still putting the home office back together. but I did manage to throw away 2 more boxes that was in the closet.
Not much else is going on.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-15-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #112  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning...

How do you make soup gold? Add 24 carrots. Your laugh for the day!

Cs box truck broke down. Waiting on part. Had to rent a UHaul to do his route. Looking at 1500. fix. Life sure gets in the way. Last night was chair massage and hair cut. Awwww nice way to end the evening. Leftovers all the way around too, no cooking for me. Bed by 8:30. Could of slept another few hours but off to work I go...

CEEG...glad you got some exercise in weed eating. Sometimes if I force myself to do something like that it gets me out of my lazy funk. SOMETIMES!! lol. Home sweet home for you. Give Miley a chance to get used to things, takes a minute. You will be glad you have her one of these cold winter-y nights for snuggling.

HAPPY...Glad you got a day to yourself. Now let's work on two days in a row. Hugs my sweet sister.

SHADDIE...you life is always busy and full of "doing". You wear me out. Like I tell HAPPY. Don't answer your phone or better yet turn it off for a bit.

LAURA...new glasses and new toothbrush, wow you should be all shiny now. lol. Eyebrows are supposed to last 2-4 years. Just have to go in for touch ups down the road. Only 50 bucks a pop for touch ups.

DEE...Hope our vacation is fun times.

SUSIE...So far I am loving my brows. Mine were not only light/white but also pencil thin from plucking when I was a teenager. I was very tired of drawing them in and really was not good at shaping them when penciling. Kind of clownish looking. hahahha. Keep sticking to your guns and be sure to document when this particular boss asks you to do something outside normal hours. Great ammo for future reviews. So happy Genny is doing so well with radiation and getting better. Thank you Jesus. Amen.

Best get this day started. Lots to do. 30 days till the beach! Can't wait.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:52 AM   #113  

Morning ladies
Not much on the agenda today. Going today to get my passport picture made and do the paper work for passport.
I did make it to the gym yesterday but couldn't complete a 30 minute work out. Only did 20 minutes on the bike and 4 weight machines. The night before my heart raced again and just really didn't feel like doing anything. I checked my heart rate before I started exercising and pulse was still 111. I'm calling this a panic attack.

_______
Annie
I checked into the Keto diet. Think I'm going to give it a try for at least one week. Also went on line and found a weeks work of meal plans that are very simple. Which beach will you be going too?

Hello's to the rest.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:19 AM   #114  
Annie - Indiana

Good news...Box truck was only 900. total for fix. Yahooo. Be glad once this route is sold and we no longer have to deal with this BS.

I saw a post on FB in the keto site that said, "It's not that I can't eat that. I'm making the healthier choice not to. And it's not that I don't want to. It's just that it's not worth it." That is exactly how I feel. Now I don't always do so great. About twice a month I eat something not Keto, but hey I am human and I get right back at it. My couple of cheats are usually POPCORN. Dang stuff is the devil.

TOmorrow night is Rod Stewart/Cindy Lauper concert. Yep it finally got here. Sam and I are going to have a blast.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend. Hugs
Old 08-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #115  

Annie
Is is just me and you now a days?
I liked what you posted about making healthier choices.
Sigh on the expense of the truck repair.
---------
Where is every one? Happy did you mean it when you mentioned that you were saying your hello's and good bye's. I hope not for the good byes.
We had a doozy of a storm last night. The power even blinked on and off. This is the second time my electric has done this. We did get some more rain
My passport paper work and picture are on it's way. I should get the passport in 2 to 3 weeks.
Went to the yesterday and did the treadmill and bike for 15 minutes each and then the chest fly machine and the lower back machine. Going to increase the treadmill time to make it an hour. I want to be active enough to enjoy my trip.
More later Hope more people show up.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-17-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #116  

Hello all. Having a slothful vacation day. Got a pedicure and that's been it except for reading and tv.

Annie - Yay for the truck repair being less than more. Enjoy the concert tonight!

Ceejay - Are you getting excited about you vacation? Good motivation to get more gym time, right?

Gonna post and see what others posts I missed.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:10 PM   #117  

Susie - How was your TOPS meeting last night? Any good plans for the weekend?

Ceejay - Bf and I use an electric toothbrush. We share the handle, but of course use our own separate brush heads. The set came with two handles, but we really don't have room for both on our bathroom vanity with the waterpik and clock/radio and other stuff sitting there too.

Annie - Wow, the brow thing lasts longer than I would have thought. Nice.

Hi Shad! How is DS doing after his surgery?

Happy - Come up for air!! Hope you're busy with fun stuff...

Hi Dee - Enjoying your extra leisure time?

==
Nothing much else to report on my end. Worked out last night. Margaret Richard, who did Body Electric and her other workout videos is clearing out the DVDs and will just be offering streaming workouts. She had DVDs on sale 4 for $30, so I bought 4 more of her vids. Not many more I don't already have. But the streaming will be interesting depending on how many of the older BE shows she streams. I think I'm gonna do one of my new workouts tomorrow.

My glasses are now in the new frames. They sit crooked, so I might pop in to have them adjusted.

That's all the excitement for me. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #118  

Hello! We finally are seeing sunshine in Ohio. It has been overcast and pouring rain since Thursday. Yestersay we didnt have any showers until evening.

I have church this morning, and then I have housework this afternoon. We attended our friends 40th Wedding Anniversary most of the day yesterday so no housework got done but that is ok, we had a very nice time

I am back to my daily exercise, started it yesterday. 45 min on the bike and 45 min again today. When I exercise I find my food stays on track.

Anne: I cant wait to hear all about the Rod Stewart and Cindi Loper concert. You looked so pretty in the pictures that were posted on Facebook.

I read through the posts but at this moment, I cant remember what I read. It seems like it was a quiet week here.

I plan to be here daily and make some noise! Lol
Old 08-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #119  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi everyone,

Every single day I started a post here only to get pulled away. It has been a hectic couple of weeks. More ugliness at the Senior Center. DH has been helping them and it's great because he has more technical expertise that is saving them money they don't have to spend. I finally hit the wall of tiredness at Bingo on Thursday and darn near fell asleep at the desk. I have been going to bed earlier and getting up a bit earlier. DH wanted to go take pictures today and roam around and I felt bad but sent him off on his own. I have SO MUCH TO DO here at home. If I can only get a few things done, I will be feeling better. Our TOPS group has dwindled down to 3 people and none of us are losing. We all vowed to put more effort into it this week. I HAVE to start exercising again too. I'm going to try and get to the pool tomorrow morning. Last night we went out for burgers with some friends. A place I'd never been to before. We sat outside - it was a great night and we enjoyed the food and company. We haven't gone out with others in a while. This coming Friday we are going to see a blues band we both very much like - me especially since DH is a diehard blues guy and I don't care for most of that music. I am doing my good to the community this week - Wednesday I am filling in for the receptionist then I got roped into working the evening special bingo at the Winery in the evening. LONG DAY for me but they are required to have a bingo supervisor there and my partner said NO WAY was he doing it so... Then I have regular bingo on Thursday night and Saturday I am working a fundraiser for the Humane Society. I scored them a limoncello torte cake donation from our favorite Italian restaurant. I am a bit miffed at my mother - she totally played my sister and I for patsys. But I told Sis - my conscience is clear - whatever happens to her is a result of HER choice and she will have to deal with the consequences...

Annie - how was the concert? Rod and Cindi - sounds like a great duo. I hope you had lots of fun. Vacation will be here before you know it. Counting the days I'm sure. Bummer on yet another repair bill for the truck. Is C trying to sell his route? Then what, retire and live off you? I'm glad you like your new brows. It's funny I was lamenting my thick brows and my stylist said they are "in" now and all the girls who plucked away are now wanting what you have so... yeah and the blue eyed girls want brown eyes and the brown eyed girls want blue eyes and the blonds want thick brunette hair - yada yada What are you going to do on vacation? Lay on the beach? Sounds good to me.

Susie - I am glad you pushed back at the boss at work. There was just a piece on the news this week about bosses expecting their employees to monitor email 7 x 24 and how stressful that was to the slaves. Good going on you! And I'm glad you got back on the exercising again. I will follow your lead. That Lu Lularoe line of clothing is very popular with everyone. Some of the prints I saw were horrid though.

Laura - I prefer the DVDs to streaming - gives more flexibility but I think Gaiam and everyone else is doing streaming too. By now you must have enough to do an archive of them. It's good though because you do stick to them. That's funny that your toothbrush has bluetooth to track brushing habits. big brother! Fitbit reminds you to move, toothbrush now yells at you too! Doesn't seem like you've done much bike riding other than commuting. Too hot or just not enough time?

Ceejay - thank you for looking for me. I didn't mean a permanent goodbye - life is too busy lately. But then again, everyone is saying that... Is Miley all settled in at home now? I think you are VERY SMART to start working out in anticipation of your trip. It will build strength and stamina and you won't have to feel that you are holding anyone back. When is it again?

Dee - bummer that your husband decided to resign for you. It seemed like a fun job that you really enjoyed a lot. And we all know that fun jobs are hard to come by. Hope you enjoy your vacation.

Shad - how did your son's surgery work out? Is he still packed in the nose you can't tell if it worked? I always feel like it's my throat relaxing too much and collapsing that causes the snoring so I've wondered why they work on the nose so much for that. It's funny that you are being sought out for all sorts of errands and such. My sister felt the same way when she was a stay at home Mom and people assumed she had nothing better to do than sit by the phone and wait for their call to help them out.

Gads, I can't believe I've been on the computer for 4 hours already. Smacks head... I did update a few Facebook pages for the Senior Center and take care of some emails. I still have data to enter and meeting minutes to type up. DH went out in search of flowers and I don't want him to come home and find me still in pjs at the computer right where he left me...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 10:17 PM   #120  

I'm tired. Had church this morning and a wedding shower for my soon to be niece this afternoon. We had a good turn out for the shower. This is my nephew and nieces brother's fiance'.
Will be officially joining this church next Sunday.
I was wondering why Miley had not been drinking the water out of her bowl. I caught her yesterday drinking out of the toilet. So from now own I will keep the lid down. She's been a little bit of a pill this week. She was asking to go outside so I did let her and immediately went back under the porch. However, she didn't try to scale the fence. I kept my eye on her and had to let her stay outside till she got ready to come in. I hoed around the deck and around one tree. I still have some things to do out back. I want to get some mulch to fill in where I hoed out some grass.
We've had another bad rain storm tonight.
I've been eating and apple and a piece of string cheese for my evening meal and low and behold the diverticulosis has come back. Makes me mad. I can't eat a regular diet any more so I'm going to stay on the foods that are for this problem. Annie, no rolling pin please.
Send good thoughts and or prayers for my niece. She has to go before a judge on Tuesday in regards to a warrant to finally get her license back. Hope he isn't to rough on her. This is her last round. Yes I will be taking her to court.
---------
Happy
I get concern when people do not post for awhile. It sounds like you are busy as ever. I had wondered about the TOPS meeting.

Annie
How was the concert? The picture of you and your daughter on FB as extremely good. Your daughter favors you.

Susie
Good for you in getting back to the exercise. I'm gradually building mine up to 45 minutes. was at once time close but then slacked off.

Laura
Yes, I am getting very excited about going on vacation.

Hellos to Dee and Shad.

Last edited by ceejay52; 08-19-2018 at 10:24 PM.