Old 09-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #166  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone...Things are better. I spoke with my sponsor yesterday and that was a great help. FUnny when you throw a fit how people in your life get nicer.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Not sure what is going on whether it be at work or at home I do agree that once you speak your peace of mind things do seem to get better. Know that it happened to me once at work. I shocked my bosses and they backed off. Hope things get better for you.

Laura
Hope your mom does well with her procedure.

Shad
Hum strawberries in a pool is an interesting idea. If I'm still free next spring and summer I might try my hand at a small garden.

Susie
How is the liquid diet. That's good of you to be doing this with the DH.

----------
Miley has been playing this morning. She loves to swat hair ties under the furniture and tries to retrieve them. The couch isn't as forgiving as the end tables. I'm tired of moving the couch to get those out from under it.
Last night we had a very hard rain that was beating against the window and I could hear it on the roof too. Miley is a fraidy cat. She scampers under the bed when there is a sudden noise of any kind. Last night she ran and jumped up on my lap and stayed there during the heaviest of the rain. This morning I was making my oatmeal in microwave and when the buzzer went off she turned tail and ran off to another room. Makes me feel sorry for her.
My sis and niece came down from Branson to visit my nephew in the hospital. He is doing well. Is supposed to have the toe closed this morning but not sure if he will get to go home today. He needs to stay put. But he wants to get back to work. I don't think this is going to be possible.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-07-2018 at 11:09 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:32 AM   #168  
Annie - Indiana

Well wouldn't you know it......Have to cancel vacation. Hurricane Florence is heading directly for the resort we are to stay. I call BS. Just hope since this is through a Friend's time share I get it rescheduled. Kind of blows.

Weekend was no big deal. Didn't do anything fun. Just errands, laundry, cleaning and such. Did rent the movie Black Panther and surprisingly I liked it very much. Also rented Book Club. It was just meh IMO. Never really took off.

We did have our air ducts cleaned on Friday. I can tell the difference already. So can everyone else in the household. Worth every cent.

CEEG...Miley and her antics. Gotta love her. You will miss her if you don't keep her. Bruno, Sam's huge boxer/great dane mix is the biggest fraidy cat too. Of everything. Noises and especially storms. How is your nephew doing? Prayers for speedy recovery.

HAPPY...I think you asked me some posts way back what C was going to do once he sells his route, or maybe it was SHAD, anyway he will still drive/run the route for the guy that is buying it. He just won't have to deal with all the BS, corporate, taxes, major truck repairs for box truck, etc. Be nice. He will get a regular check with taxes taken out. So we will not owe hugely at the end of the year. Hope you world is slowing down some and you are getting your me time. I MEAN IT!

SUSIE...how is the liquid diet going for DH and you for that matter? How is Genny doing?

LAURA...how did you mom's procedure turn out? Water around the heart is nothing to mess with. I had that once after a car accident when the seat belt jarred me. Weird. It healed on it's own so I didn't have to have surgery.

SHADDIE...how is the painting coming along? How is the trip planning comeing along?

Hi DEE~

Bout all for me, on to rescheduling of the vacay.

Make it a great day all.

Hugs
Old 09-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #169  

Annie
Bummer on having to cancel your vacation due to the hurricane. Thanks for clarifying about C's selling is route. Makes more since to work for some one else.

----
My computer is giving me fits.
Yesterday was church and book club after church.
I've downloaded the Kindle on my tablet and then downloaded a couple of books. One for book club and another on called Beck diet for life. I've got to find a way of eating and something to help conquer my over eating and bingeing.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-10-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #170  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls,

Wow Annie - I am so sorry to hear you had to cancel your vacation. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Darned hurricane! Thanks Mother Nature - NOT. However you are smart to do so - why spend all that money to sit in your room and worry about rain and floods and such? My goofy SIL and her family used to schedule vacations to Florida during hurricane season because the rooms were so much cheaper. Ack. Once they were in a hurricane with my niece and her 2 young babies and I thought that was insane and highly irresponsible. I do hope that you can reschedule something before the year is out - even if you have to sit on the beach with a light hoodie on. Thanks for the explanation of C's business. So he'd become an employee rather than an owner. That sounds like a good deal for someone looking to invest and back it and still have a seasoned driver to handle the route. hope it all works out for you.

Ceejay - sounds like Miley is an energetic cat like Bimmy is. Bimmy turned a year old this month so she is showing signs of slowing down the kitten ways but just a tiny tad. She still needs to be occupied for a certain amount of time every day or she gets into trouble. A few days ago she kept jumping into a plant we have in the living room. Turns out there was a small frog that had somehow gotten in from outside and the hunter in her knew it. Fortunately hubby found the frog on the stairs and set it out before she could catch and probably eat it. ewwwwwwww. She still has an interest in the plant but we keep hollering at her. We've had several cats but none as high energy as Bimmy - wears you out sometimes. And I can relate to finding all sorts of things under the furniture I think your nephew is going to have to go through some pretty intensive occupational and physical therapy once he gets out of the hospital. I have heard that a big toe is used to balance the foot and you have to relearn to walk when as in his case, it's been amputated. I'm sure he will be anxious and making everyone around him crazy as he adjusts.

Shad - seems like no end to the constant circle of repairs, renovations and remodelling going on at your house. Or maybe just the rest of us are slackers. Love the saying "built down to a price, not up to a standard" that certainly fits today's world. Perhaps airfares are cheaper on your side of the world but they have risen substantially across the U.S.A. over the summer. I am not planning on heading to Chicago for a while as a result. Yes, Mum is becoming highly skilled at bugging the daughters, I guess it hones with age! LOL We are thinking we will just leave her where she is as long as possible since she is so crafty about causing a ruckus if we try to change things around. In talking with my sister and comparing notes, I can see how manipulative she really is. Hope you enjoy the strawberries - they are pretty hardy plants - biggest issue is keeping the birds and critters from them before they ripen enough for you to pick.

Laura - we had plastic liners in the window boxes of the yard barn we had in AH. It kept the plants moist and kept the wooden planter boxes from deteriorating. I would recommend them - also keeps the roots contained within the plants from those with runaway roots that like to peek out the drainage holes. Hope all is well with your Mom and the procedure went well. She sounds like she is in fairly good health otherwise. Does you asthma get aggravated in the autumn weather? I noticed sneezing and that wretched dry cough already. I love fall and hate it at the same time. The worst time for me for allergies. Have you decided on any autumn fitness classes? This seems to be the week for new ones starting up again.

Susie - how is DH doing? When is his surgery scheduled? I take it that you had a busy weekend yourself. I'm sure you will post when you can. Don't forget about us!

It was a lovely autumn weekend weather wise. Sunny but cool. I doubt the boat will go anywhere but the yard until we either put it in storage or take it to the deal to sell it. This time of year if it's warm enough to be on the water, the winds are really gusty and that make it hard to get in and out of the water as well as making for a rougher ride. We went up to Duluth and looked at some paint for the deck. That will be a big job to refinish it again. Went to Sam's Club and I picked up some supplies for the Thrift Shop as well as the Senior Center. Yesterday I worked at the Thrift Shop from 11am to 4pm. The regular girl was out of town and the president of the Humane Society said she'd work. She has been having episodes of ill health and really should not be by herself so I went in to work with her. Today I have the last Balance class of the session at the Senior Center. I can't say this was much of interest to me. The best class was when the canine officer came in 2 weeks ago and talked about the police work he does with his dog. I have decided not to sign up for yoga again either - just not in a position for that to work for me. I could catch the October's session if I wanted to.

I have come to the realization that I need to make some major changes in my life. I am tired of being this overweight. I am just about crippled with the arthritis and tendonitis and various body parts breaking down and the weight and diet are big contributors to this. I am tired of the clutter that I have let accumulate around here and the almost constant demands on my time from volunteer interests. And I also am doing some serious thinking about whether I would be better off on my own. My life as it is right now does not make me very happy. Sometimes I have to be pushed to make big changes and this might be just what I need.

It is an easier week with demands on my time so there is plenty of time to make a dent in the things I need to and time to give thought to making a plan going forward. Oh and soon enough I will have to plan to the transition to medicare also so that's a bunch of research too.

Hope it's a good productive week for all of us.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #171  

Morning all.

Shad – That quote “built down to price, not up to a standard” struck a chord with me too. Brought back memories of house hunting way back when, and when we walked into the house we eventually ended up buying, it just felt so solid compared to other - newer - homes we’d looked at. Although there are many things that I want to update, I still appreciate the solid construction. == I’m glad airfares are competitive for you – hope you snag some good deals while they are. == I wouldn’t say I’m making progress on the paperwork at home, more like just barely treading water. The home office is loaded with paper. Not that I’m keeping busy with outdoor activities this summer, but when the weather turns I’ll try to get back to dealing with the paper in there. Including tax stuff, which I’m sure I’m keeping many more years than necessary. == LOL re the dog only fitting in the pool one half at a time. == I hope you can work out the windowboxes. Mine just sit on the narrow ledge. We have a brick house and I really don’t want to install the kind that require drilling into the masonry.

Ceejay – Your Miley sounds like a typical kitten. I recall that bf’s SIL’s cat liked to play with the plastic rings that seal the cap on the plastic jugs of milk. == How’s the nephew doing? == I hope the Beck book helps you with your eating issues and am interested in your take on it.

Annie – Oh that sucks, having to cancel your vacation. I hope you can get it rescheduled soon. == I watched “Book Club” on the firestick and found it entertaining. Had you read the Fifty Shades books that were part of the story? Not that I'm recommending them by any means – they were poorly written – but it was just a funny premise that these books were what got these women to deal with their relationship problems. == Thanks for the explanation about C selling his route. Good for him – my bf is one of those people that think running your own business is the way to go, but I really think with all the red tape and administrative stuff, it’s just a headache - unless one likes that kind of thing.

Happy – Ick re Bimmy going after the frog. I don’t think she would have eaten it. Just dropped it off for you to know she’s on the job keeping the house free of unwanted critters, lol. == So your mom will be staying in her house for the time being? == Okay, maybe I’ll try to find plastic liners for those windowboxes, especially since it’ll be easier than trying to jury rig something. Or is that jerry-rig?? -- Re my allergies – I’m allergic to all the usual stuff outdoors, so pretty much everything from April to October causes issues. I think these recent cooler temps we've letting us turn off the AC and open the windows has caused my asthma to act up. I hope it calms down because otherwise I will have to get my doctor to prescribe me a short-term thing to get the symptoms under control. Interestingly, the cardio exercise is not an issue – probably because it is done indoors. == Speaking of cardio – are you using your nu step machine or doing the pool walking??? Not to be annoying, but - hint, hint - I do feel loads better having gotten active again. – What do you mean better off on your own? I’d like to say I hope it doesn’t mean what it sounds like, but I’m having my own thoughts about that myself…

Hellos to Susie and Dee!

==
Mom’s procedure to drain off the fluid went fine, but my sister reported that there wasn’t much fluid at all. The doctor told her there wasn’t even enough to analyze it. Odd, because she had 3 or 4 different tests in the weeks before that to see how much fluid there was and if it had gone down over time. Anyway, it went fine and she feels fine. I’m thankful she’s in relatively good health for her age.

My weekend was fine. On Saturday morning I had a hair appointment. Later in the afternoon, I met friends for a round of mini golf and then we went out to eat afterwards. It was originally going to include the guys too, but my friend D’s bf was working, and another friend and her husband ended up having a scheduling conflict. My bf had a couple conflicts come up after this was planned, but since I surmised he might be the only guy, I gave him an out a few days in advance. Which was a good call on my part. Anyway, it was a fun outing. I got home around 6-ish and since bf was still out, I watched the movie Book Club and then some other TV.

On Sunday I worked out at the fc, showered, and then watched part of the women’s tennis final we’d dvr’d from the day before. I could see on the tv in the restaurant/bar that we’d eaten at on Saturday that there was some hullaballoo going on with that and I wanted to see what that was about. Quite the controversy, it's a shame that the first major win for that young Japanese player will first be recalled for the controversy involving the other player and not her skills.

I’m happy to be boss-less this week. And also happy I now have time to focus on the moving preparations. I plan to make a lot of headway with that this week.

Okay, gonna get this posted and get some lunch. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #172  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls, I'm treading water, as my life has been very complicated for several weeks now. I haven't been online only to pay bills, just using my Echo & asking Alexa info & watching silly reality TV, Bachelor in Paradise & Big Brother keeping me laughing. I'm on my cell right now. Our debts r more than our income, it took me 4 days to get my large walk-in closet sorted out, I sold just over $1,000 of clothing though 2 city consignment boutiques. That paid a mortgage bill. I just saw the clock, I gotta get back to working on the house. I'll try to get back here again this week. Our home hasn't sold yet & I'm stressed out from the showings, etc.

Hugs & my Love to each of you. I'll play catch up & try reading through your posts this week & do personals.

I hope that everyone has been having a wonderful September
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #173  

Morning
I'm loving this fall like weather. Yesterday morning it was 57 and this morning it was 59 degree's
My nephew stopped by the house yesterday afternoon and took me for a late lunch.He had a follow up doctor's appointment. He had the boys and it is always nice to see them. He said his toe was healing nicely and that the podiatrist told him that it should not disrupt his gait. He's on crutches. The oldest little boy had bathroom issues so he didn't go to school.
Had to wait till late yesterday afternoon to work in the yard but I did get most of the yard mowed with the rider mower. Still have some weed eating to do and one patch that I will have to use the push mower because of this silly ISP wire that is laying on top of the ground. I've been contacting them once a week since July when they installed it. I'm about ready to change providers.
I've only read a chapter in the Beck for life diet plan but I'm not sure about it. It's going to teach how to retrain your brain. I'm not sure I will follow through because I have to do things "my Way" or they will not get done. I am going to start eating 2 veggies and 2 fruit per day. And also drink a least 20 ounces of water. I've become such a coca-holic that I'm afraid of what my blood test will be. I will not be counting calories. My main goal is exercise. I want my body fit on the outside as well as on the inside.
I let Miley go outside for a while yesterday And I saw another cat which resembled Miley in the back yard. She was heading to the back fence and before I could get her she scaled the fence. I told her I could not come after her. I couldn't get the back gate open. I was walking back to the deck and saw Miley under it. I was so relieved. It was going to be hard to tell my niece that she escaped.

-----------
Happy
Miley and Bimmie are about the same age. Miley had her first birthday in May. I can tell she is slowing down as a kitten but my heavens she can be a handful. She has taken over the spare bedroom as her room. When she goes to sleep for the night, I don't see her until she thinks I need to get up.

Laura
Sounds like you had a fun week end. Are you packing up your office things for the move? Glad your mom's procedure went well.

Shad, Dee, and Susie Hello.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-11-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #174  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls,
I don't have time to chat right now. I will be back soon but we really need your Help.
I just began a new thread: Christian *Prayer Warriors* 2018 (The mission statement is: )
Hello Everyone This thread is here for Everybody who Needs help in their life & for Everyone who knows somebody or something that is meaningful to happen or stop & to give Our LORD our Thanks & Praise.
My Hope for this thread is to Bring people together, HE has BLESSED each of us & we are aLL deserving of a wonderful life.
PLease feel comfortable sharing your needs & a scripture verse.
With Hugs & my Love to each person visiting this thread You are a BLESSING to somebody Every DAY

Here is my own Prayer request:

Hi, I'm beginning this new thread with prayer requests for our 5 yr. 10# miniGoldenDoodle. MeeMee was ran over by a truck turning around in our driveway Saturday afternoon.She has internal injuries & is unable to eat, she barely drinks her water & can pee. Her back left leg is broken & she hobbles to go potty. We Love her & we need her. She was the smallest puppy in her litter so we kept her to protect her from harm & then this truck accident happened. We've been medically nurturing her & comforting her as best we can without touching her injured areas.Last night when I was crying for her suffering & her confusion & my husband held me, we prayed for her healing again & that she will be able to eat & digest food today for her hunger or else that Our Lord would end MeeMee's suffering soon bringing her to Him, if her internal injuries will not heal.PLease Pray for our Beloved MeeMee's internal injuries to Heal. Thank you

Last edited by miniDoodles; 09-11-2018 at 12:20 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #175  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

While work is busy, I am drowning with all the pre-op appointments and getting paperwork ready for DH. We have a Aflac policy that will pay him some when he is off----his work doesn't have short term disability or long-term for that matter. He has never worked anywhere that the company had short term disability. We have had the Aflac policy for over 20 years. This will be the second time we use it. It won't be a lot but we can eat.

DH is doing pretty well with the liquid diet. Down 17 lbs from last Monday. He is starting not to be so cranky with it but he is super sensitive. Food really does comfort us and not having it is not easy.

I am doing a shake a night. and I had a 3.6 lb loss last week at TOPS. It also got me over my sugar cravings that have been the cause of my yo-yoing this year. Now if I can just get over the salt craving. I got my workouts in last week but not this week so far.

Someone asked the surgery date. September 17 at 8:00 a.m. We have to be there at 6 a.m. and that means leaving our house at 4:30 a.m. Oh boy!

Annie: I'm glad you got whatever was bothering you out and made people listen! I'm sorry about the vacation. Will you still take off or you will work? You asked about Genny. She is in her 4th week of radation and has 2 more weeks +1 day to go. She is feeling good and her hair is growing back.

Laura: I love to play mini golf and a girls night out is sometimes very needed. It is nice when the boss is away. Mine is around tomorrow and then I won't see him until the last week of September.! I'm glad to hear that things went well with you mom

Shad:I thnk I saw you had a doctor's appoitnment? How did it turn out?

Ceejay: i'm glad you kitty didn't get away. I don't think I would take my outside and let it wander even if I was around. I would be too worried. That is a horrible accident your newphew had!

Happy: Girl, you need to take care of you. Clear that clutter...it is good place to start. When things around me are out of place and in a mess, I am hard to deal with and I can't stand myself. Hugs to you...you just need to start saying no.

Dee: Budget shortages are no fun and very stressful. I will have to look for the new thread you started but most likely won't look until next week when I'm staying at the hospital and hopefully have more time. I am so very sorry to hear about your sweet MeeMee....I am praying for her and for you. HUGS!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:09 AM   #176  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Hump Day!!

Did not get my $$ back on the S.Carolina vacation. HOWEVER, RCI time share are allowing a reschedule due to the mandatory evac. This was not an option last week. SOOOoooo I have to plan another vacation at a future date, bummer right?? haha. We did find a place to go...back to Orange Beach. Only this time we have a better place with a bigger condo for nearly the same price as last year in Orange Beach, Alabama. Two bedroom, two bath, kit, living, dining rm, balcony off the living and master bed. Sleeps 6. We leave on Saturday the 15th returning on Saturday the 22nd. That puts vacay only 4 days away. That also puts me in a happy mood. Looks like the hurricane is coming in bigger and worse than in the past years. I am praying for the east coast.

Tonight is chair massage, hair cut and pedicure. The last of the big things I need to do before vacay with the exception of getting the car washed, vacuumed and cleaned on the inside. Probably do that on Friday as I am taking Friday off to finish final prep before leaving.

Made stuffed chicken breasts for dinner last night. I am gonna say they were very yummy and so simple and easy. Mac n cheese for the boys and brussel sprouts. Fresh sliced yellow and red tomatos out of the garden. So good. Watched Jurassic World with the boys for the billionth time and went to bed. Here we are!

Will come back for personals, gotta get get my arse busy.

Hugs.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #177  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning girls,

Quickie post from me as it's a busy day ahead and I have to shower yet. Need to go with the hubster to the pain clinic this morning - he gets a shot in his neck which helps with pain in his hands and such - degenerative discs in the neck and he has to have a driver or they won't give him a shot. Then I'm heading to the Senior Center - they are having a Health Fair today and I will get a flu shot and see what else they have to offer. Lunch at the senior center (meatloaf) and then to the thrift shop to count t and sweat shirts to see if we have to order any more. There is a wine shop in town and they do an art gallery. DH has a photo in the show this quarter and tonight they are having a small reception for the opening of the show. I will stop by and then head home for the evening while he goes off to his camera club.

Annie - I'm glad you were able to reschedule because I know how much you are looking forward to vacation but goodness girl - aren't you still going to be dealing with weather as a result of this hurricane? Please be safe. I hope the people along the coast will be also - this one looks huge and foreboding. My friend sent me a new cookbook - The Self Care Cookbook - it has lots of keto friendly recipes I am looking to try.

Dee - so sorry to hear about your puppy - sending good vibes for a full recovery.

Susie - is DH going to be off for a long time in recovery? Wishing him the best. Good going on sticking to the liquid diet with him.

Laura - yes, it meant what you think it did. Sometimes you have to re-evaluate things, no? Glad your Mom is fine.

Ceejay - don't let Miley out - she will get a taste of outside and all it's interesting things and you'll have a hard time with it. Bimmy pushed the screen out the other night and got out. She stayed near the house but would not let us approach her. I was really nervous because there were coyotes out across the road baying loudly. Took us about 2 and a half hours before she came to DH and he was able to snatch her.

Hello to Shad. Got to run now. Have a good one peeps.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #178  

Morning all.

Dee – Sorry things are so complicated for you right now, and I’m sure you & your dh must be so worried about poor Meemee! It sounds like she’s suffering. Hugs and prayers for all of you.

Ceejay – I’ve been enjoying this cooler weather too, but I think it’s going to warm up this weekend a bit. == Glad to hear your nephew’s toe is healing well and shouldn’t have too much of an impact on walking. == Maybe the Beck book/plan isn’t ultimately what helps you, but reading and keeping eating and exercise intentions in the front of your mind is a good thing. == Yes, trying to spend time working on packing my area and some department files for the move, though I am covering for the other department member while she’s out of town, so I didn’t get as much done yesterday as I wanted.

Susie – Good thing you have the disability coverage!! == Good job with this pre-surgery diet. Both of you hang in there for the next week. How long is the recovery expected to be? -- Glad to hear Genny is almost done with radiation and is feeling good.

Annie – Yay for the rescheduled vacay – I take it that’s out of the way of the hurricane? == Enjoy your pampering evening tonight.

Happy – Busy day for you as usual. == We also have flu shots coming up at work next week. == Nice that dh is displaying a photo at the gallery. Is it one we’ve seen on fb? I actually haven’t been on there much lately. == Bad Bimmy scaring mom and dad!! At least she was near the house though…

==
Nothing much to report. I worked out at the fc last night. I want to look up some different ab exercises for my mat work to change it up – probably using a kettlebell or medicine ball to make it more challenging. Muscles get accustomed to the same thing all the time...

Before I went to the fc yesterday, I decided to do some man pushups at home to see how many I could manage. I can do at least 20 knee pushups at one time now, but I wanted to see how many of the regular ones I could do. It’s 5. Yay me. I think I’ll keep doing those at home until I can manage a set of 10 because those are a real struggle and I don’t need anyone else seeing that. It’s bad enough they see me sweating puddles doing the cardio machines. I’m a total mess by the time I’m done with my workout. Bf received a $20 off coupon for the New Balance store (purchases over $100), so I’ll probably buy my sneakers from there – it’s not like I see deals on the NB shoes online anyway. The store is only open until 7 pm during the week, so my choices are to wait until the weekend or perhaps take an earlier train home today so I have time to get there and try them on before they close.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #179  

Afternoon
Only thing I hate about ordering online is if it doesn't fit you have to ship it back. Ugh.
Been to work out on the treadmill for 30 minutes at the gym. I've decided not to obsess with every thing and just do what I can to get as healthy as I can. I'm back to logging my food even if it's for 2 meals per day. What I have learned about all these years of "dieting" is that I can not eat a heavy meal at night. I do like a pedometer and since I can't find my fitbit I'm using a regular pedometer that I purchased at Walmart. I want to walk at least 1 mile per day so this helps with that and counts the minutes so I'm happy.
I need to go get a couple of things for our church fellowship tonight.
----
Laura
Yay for doing those man push ups. When I do them I use the edge of the counter as my floor. I can't get down on my knees any more.

Dee
So sorry to hear about you mini doodle getting hit by the car. Pray that she will recover to her normal self.

Happy
I'm not going to let Miley out anymore. I'm nervous every minute she is outside. I stay out there with her but like you mentioned she likes to venture out a little more. She was hesitant but she looking at the tree. I Yum meatloaf. I've been thinking about making one of those.

Susie
I've been thinking that I should use a meal replacement shake as my evening meal as they are light. Do you buy over the counter ?

Hello Shad Have you started painting?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #180  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone: We finally have all the pre-op appointments finished and surgery is schedueld for 8 a.m. on Monday Sept 17. We have to be at the hospital by 6 a.m. It is usually a 1 hr drive from our house to downtown Cincinnati. We plan to leave at 4:30 p.m. to not be stressed out if traffic is heavy.

That means I will be up at 3 a.m. getting a shower and DH will be in right after me as he has to take one too with a special wash. If fact he starts that on Saturday night, Sunday night and then again the day of the surgey. He also has bowel prep and some meds he has to take that will be used in conjuction with the nerve blocks he will get instead of pain killers.

All this fun starts 3 day before surgery. I feel like a nurse keeping this all straight.

I do have a good update about Genny. I thought she had 6 weeks of radiation but she only has 4 more to do--she will be done on Tuesday! Oh happy day! She has her first follow-up checkup on October 27. I thank you for all the prayers you have said for her, please continue to pray for continued health and cancer free.

Anne: I am so happy you will still get a beach vacation. Have fun!!! And I love all the fun appoitnments you have for yourself before going....hair, pedi etc.

Happy: How was the health fair?

Ceejay: Great plan to not to obsess with every thing and just do what you can to get as healthy as you can. I believe you have a good plan.

Laura: I am IMPRESSED that you can do 20 pushups on your knees and 5 full pushups!

Shad: Still painting?

Dee: How is the doggie?

I want to share that I signed up for the 5K walk/run at work in October..I can't remember date but it's towards the end of the month. I signed up as a runner!!! I am going to do it with 2 of my co-workers, we will walk and run, you can do that as a runner but if you sign up as a walker, you can't run. After I get back from the hospital next week, I am on a strict training regim to get ready for this race. I'm excited about it.

I am heading to bed.....long days these days....with work, pre-op appts, coming home and doing home things...it just keeps rolling.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 09-12-2018 at 10:30 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote