Old 02-20-2018, 11:22 AM   #211  

Morning all.

We’ve been getting a lot of rain around here since yesterday and it (finally)occurred to me to check the basement this morning after I’d eaten my breakfast and before leaving for work. Yup, we had seepage in the same spot at usual, so I called in to work and said I was staying home to clean it up.

I moved a good amount of stuff from the area with water and used some towels to soak up water on one side of the wall while bf used the shop vac to remove water from the other side (right where the wall meets the foundation wall). We also had a small amount of seepage in another area that I wasn’t previously aware of.

I threw the towels and a blanket in the washer and put a bunch of newspaper down and also more rags and a blanket. I don’t know what else to use to contain it. It’s stopped raining for the moment, so it’s slowed for a bit. I’ll have to keep watch. And of course we’ll have to get the waterproofing company out to check the foundation. There’s a crack that’s been fixed in the past. I think there’s a lifetime guarantee. What I really want is a permanent fix...

==

Catching up on personals...

Annie – Not considering another doggie yet. We’ll get there at some point. Not sure what type, probably something a bit smaller, more of a couch potato kind of dog - like bf and me, lol. == Another concert planned. You’ll enjoy it once you’re at the venue and settled in. Just the getting there and getting home that’s gonna be a PITA. == Glad you’re feeling better...now to get C well. == Yay for no taxes to pay. == I’m still waiting to get motivated to get this weight off... == Okay, we'll need a photo of your pink hair!!

Susie – It must be nice to have the painting done, you sound very pleased. I’m also dreaming of a bathroom remodel – it might be a year or two away for us as well. But it’s probably a good idea to start planning! == I don’t know how the rib got sore. I didn’t think I was coughing much at the time it started bugging me. Some of the Pilates moves are painful to do because of the soreness, so I hope this rib heals soon.== When I wear the snow boots so much, they bother my feet – they don’t have the support that my sneakers or other shoes do because I can’t fit the orthotics in them. At work I do change shoes, but I don’t do a lot of walking in the office, so that’s not a big deal. Just when I do my walking during my commute. == Good for you doing the decluttering. Moving the stuff in the basement this morning has been the reminder I need to get busy with that. Our basement has become very full and cluttered in the 18 years we’ve lived in this house.

Ceejay – Yay for the tax refund. == Sorry you’re facing bunion surgery. Are you planning to schedule it any time soon?? == Bf and I have been watching the Olympics too. Those athletes are amazing!

Shad – Oh thank goodness for that doctor that caught your cancer!! Need more like him. === So you can take a nice hot shower and not pay to heat the water because of the solar. But you have to pay for the water, so it can’t be a long shower, lol. It would be nice if the cost of solar gets to the point that it’s cost effective. ==

Dee – Our new offices will be on the 50th & 51st floors. == I’m certainly not a workout ninja – I have to force myself into going to the recplex and doing the workouts. If I get home and change into workout clothes, that’s usually good enough to get me out the door to go to the recplex. My Pilates class isn’t a rigorous workout, it’s actually somewhat slow and relaxing. The circuit class is fast-paced and goes by pretty quickly. I don’t do much in the way of vitamins/supplements. I take a multivitamin, a vit. D3, and calcium supplements. I started taking a daily dose of Sambucol (elderberry syrup) a few months ago to hopefully boost my immunity. I started that because I had a bad flu/virus that really hit me hard. Of course the Sambucol didn’t keep me from catching another bad flu/virus right at the end of the year. But I’ll keep taking it at least until the winter ends. == Did you buy anything from QVC?

Happy – Nice to hear that BeMinEE is getting acclimated to the house. I’m glad Nina isn’t being nasty with her. == Cool you got a VitaMix. What will be your first recipe you make to christen it? == What was the hurry with the taxes?

==
My weekend was alright. Saturday I brought a library book my mom wanted over to her place, and we went grocery shopping, and then over to the strip mall near my house where we went to the bakery for bread, to the Chinese place for lunch, and to the thrift shop after that. Back to her place to unload all her groceries. Back home to unload mine.

Sunday I did a BE workout, can’t recall what else. Not much I guess.

Yesterday I had the day off and bf and I got out in the early afternoon. First stop, a kosher butcher/deli way east on the city's north side, second stop at the nearby grinder place for a yummy lunch, third stop was the bagel bakery for some mini bialy, fourth was Trader Joe’s, fifth was Mariano’s. Last stop - home!

In the evening I went to a library program about cutting the cord – i.e., getting rid of cable tv. Interesting. We already have Netflix, which I use regularly. We also have Amazon Fire and Amazon Prime Video, which we don’t use as much. Anyway, it was a good program that helped me understand the difference between a streaming device and streaming services. We still pay a stupid amount for cable, however. I’m not addicted to watching the local or national news, but I hesitate to cut the cord and lose some of the local stations I watch. It seems the streaming services don’t give you the local stations...but the $$ in savings might be worth it.

Okay, gonna get this posted and get the towels in the dryer and check on the seepage. TTFN.

Last edited by Laura705; 02-20-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:34 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
I cut the cord with the cable company last month. My cable bill was getting to much for my limited income. I do have Netflix along with Roku. I have a small antenna that will pick up my local channels from Springfield. Ouch on the seepage.

-------
Yesterday we, niece and I, took the kitten to be spade. She's doing great today, but still hasn't eaten.
We are under a winter weather advisory until 10 a.m. tomorrow. It's still warm. So I'm praying it misses us.
The week end was good. Enjoyed being at home for a few days.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #213  

I had to take the niece with the the kitten back to the vet yesterday in the pouring rain. She had pulled out one of her stitches. She now has one of those cones and a staple but she is making he best of it. She's playing with her favorite toy which is a mouse. I've moved some things off the lower shelf that she plays on because it was hard for her to maneuver. Think the dog is jealous as he hasn't eaten his food this morning. He got to ride with us to take his mom to work.
Our winter weather was mainly rain here in Branson in which I am thankful. Bee Creek is full this morning and flowing rapidly.
Looks like others haven't posted.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #214  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey hey hey...

Dinner was easy last night. Cheeseburgers, rice and fries both for the others. I ate half my burger and must of been too full already, from what, who knows? Anyway I tossed my burger and felt so much better. Hahaha. my cooking makes me sick. lol. Tonight will be keto meatloaf. Have not figured out the sides yet.

Back on antibiotics, head cold thing went into a sinus infection. Bah. No fever or coughing tho. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Finished up some laundry last night. Forgot I put some towels in the washer yesterday before I left for work. Forgot to tell Sam or she would of finished it up.

It was 75 degrees when I got home from work. Should of seen all the kiddos outside. Even the boys and Sam. The neighborhood kids all congregated in our driveway. That is ok, cause we know where our kids are then. If it hadn't of rained all night and morning there would be a rainbow of colors from chalk on the drive. I do believe they all had fun.

CEEG...we are getting all the rain that passes through your area. Lots of flash flooding. Thank God none of it is snow.

LAURA...looks like you had a mom day on Saturday. How did she do on the grocery shopping? I don't think we could cut the cable bill out. C likes all those fishing shows, history channel, and such. He is addicted. Then again that is his personality.

Hello to all, best get back at it, somehow my list grows instead of shrinks.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #215  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I am having a very blah day today. I spent more money than I realized over the last 3 weeks and I am kicking myself for not keeping better track. I have gained some weight and I can't seem to knock it off. I can't get enough people interested in starting a new TOPS chapter here and I don't really like Weight Watchers and can't do that anyway as they meet the same time I am running bingo on Thurday nights. I am also tired of constantly running around. The beautician cancelled last minute yesterday as I was getting ready to leave for my writing class. Because her schedule is packed, I had to rearrange my schedule or else wait 3 more weeks for a cut and color which I can't do. She was willing to come in special on the 26th but unfortunately I have to go to Duluth for a follow up with the foot doctor so I can't make it as it's a 3 hour round trip drive so an appointment pretty much kills the entire day. I got the January (just January not February) bill for my foot and it's over $2,000. I don't think what they have done has helped much outside of identifying all sorts of things that are problems but no definitive way of actually fixing them. Today DH wants to go to the Senior Center for lunch as they have lasagna he likes. After that I have yoga and I really don't want to do yoga after a heavy lunch like that. Then I have to run to the store and pick up some groceries for a Thrift Shop event tonight. Bring a change of clothes for that and head over to the Thrift Shop to clean and tidy up for tonight's event that I really don't want to be at in the first place but as usual I got sucked into it. It's supposed to run until 8pm which means with clean up afterwards we won't get out until 9pm if we are lucky. Ugh. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. Just a bunch of stuff piling up. Oh well I will get through it.

Ceejay - yes, one has to be careful with the stitches on the kitten - they should have told you that at the vet. Especially since surgery on a kitten doesn't seem to negatively affect their energy. Bimi was jumping all over the place the day after her neuter and near as we can tell - she was just glued together. Hopefully the dog will take kindly to the new resident in the house. Our Nina is still not all that happy about Bimi but she is curious and watches her and doesn't hide as much as she used to so I think she really wants a companion even if she is slow to show it. I hope you don't get any bad weather out your way.

Laura - sorry you got seepage. I have a friend on the north side in the city - the sewer backed up in his basement and caused a real mess. You sure did get alot of rain. We had a sump pump in our basement in AH - do you have one? Hope you don't have more cracks in the foundation. To you question about the Vitamix - I am hoping to do some simple soups at first to test it out. I'm not sure I could ever give up cable tv. I mostly watch the local channels and the Food Network. And an occasional movie on HBO but I could give that up easily enough. Not the local channels though and you can't get that on Roku or whatever. Cable is RIDICULOUSLY priced though - just like cell phones.

Annie - I really want to see the new hair style and color. Sounds like it will be quite cute. Even if just for a short change. Sorry Red Lobster was disappointing. Not my favorite seafood place as it can be very hit and miss - mostly miss.

Susie - glad you had some time at home to oversee the painting and get the new rooms settled in. Nice to get rid of some stuff and have everything fresh and tidy. Ugh on having to gather and set up the slides. That was always a pain for the person doing it - people would make last minute changes or worse - hold off giving you the stuff until the last minute. I'm sure you are a whiz at this by now. I am amazed you find time to juggle so many things and get in a deep cleaning too!

Hello Dee!

I need to get off my keester - got to clean off the cooler to take with me tonight and grab a change of clothes and maybe spent 45 minutes doing some quick cleaning before I head out of here for the day. I am trying to find an excuse to dodge out of this afternoon's activities but no such luck so I guess I have to power through it. Have a good Hump Day Chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #216  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay – The speaker at the library program discussed a digital antenna, and if you get a good signal through it, you can pick up the local stations through that. I’ll think about doing that. == I’m glad the cat was spayed, hope the healing goes well with her now that she's wearing the cone.

Annie – Boo on the sinus infection. Hope the antibiotics wipe it out. Ugh, by this time you probably just want to go isolate yourself, preferably on a nice sunny beach somewhere. Or maybe the mild weather you're getting will stick around and the kids will keep their germs outside, LOL. Oh wait, C might be the one passing along the germs… You need some sort of Annie house behind your regular house where you can relax and recover. == Mom did alright on grocery shopping...until we went to the bakery. She bought 3 loaves of bread for herself. She likes good bread. (Oh, that’s where I got that from.) Anyway, she apparently has enough freezer space for it right now.

Happy – Sorry you’re having a down day. Sure sounds like a full calendar. Time to start saying no again to those things you don’t really want to do. == Yes, definitely don’t want to exercise on a full stomach. I try not to eat before getting a massage either. == Yes, we have a sump pump. I have a feeling we could do with a drainage system around the perimeter of the outside of the house, but it’s really only when we get a lot of rain in a short period of time that we get this foundation seepage. But if the crack is causing this, we’ll get it fixed. == I understand not getting rid of cable because of the local channels. The library lady (she actually is director of the IT classes at the library) said that cutting cable means adjusting to watching TV in a different way (more deliberately), especially if you’re the type to flip through the channels before hitting on something you want to watch.

Hellos to Dee, Susie, and Shad!

==
Back at work today, well for about another hour. I finally have my annual physical later this afternoon, so I’m leaving the office at 2 pm. Light work week so far, LOL.

No rain today. I hope the seepage has stopped because bf isn’t the best one to monitor that stuff. He did, however, make an appointment with the waterproofing company. Unfortunately, the company used by the previous owner and by us (that has lifetime warranties on their work) went out of business and another company took over. They charge for the trip to the house, but won’t charge to repair the crack (again).

I’ve pretty much decided to buy a stationary bike so I can get some cardio exercise at home that won’t bother my foot. I told bf and he’s been doing some research. Yay for that because he’s better at that stuff than I am.

Okay, gotta run, so I’ll post this.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #217  
Choose your hard

Laura - have a look at Schwinn Airdyne bikes. They give a great cardio workout and are one of the best for strengthening knees - the preferred bike of physical therapists. I was fortunate enough to pick up a one owner bike for $200 at the Thrift Store. I really like it alot. Except for the seat. I have yet to meet a bike seat that is comfortable although this one isn't too bad if I put a bath towel on it. With my "caboose" you'd think I'd have enough padding...
Old 02-21-2018, 06:49 PM   #218  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. I am posting while riding the recumbent bike.

I am on the "Happy's Program to rebalance your life ". Me first then take care of the rest. I think it is a good plan!

Annie: we had the same weather yesterday and all the kids were outside on our street when I got home. It was nice to see that.

Hopefully this last round of an antibodics gets rid of all the sickness for you.

I cant wait to see your hair!

Happy: From your post it sounds like you need a few days of downtime.

I dont think I could do yoga after a lasagna luch.

Laura: I hope there was no water in the basement today. We have rain in our forcast until Sunday.

About the exercise bike,.remember I got ky reumbent bike because of the foot issue I had? I love my recumbent bike. It is a nice gentle workout for whem I am tired or have a injury. Yet it is very effective for me to tone and lose weight as it uses the bigger muscle groups and burns more calories. Also a trainer told me that a longer, slower workout is very effective for weight loss.

Ceejay: I missed something about the kitty..actually that you have a new one. I will have to go back and read.

Hi Shad and Dee!.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 02-21-2018 at 06:53 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:01 PM   #219  

Susie
The kitten is my nieces. I just am here with it and the dog during the day. I'll remember that about the slower work out for weight loss.
The "me time" is really a good thing.

Laura
I agree with Happy about the bicycle seats being hard, but they do give a good work out. Will you put it in the basement? Mine is in the garage for now.
It's nice that you can take your mom to the grocery store. I've been riding the bike at the gym due my foot problem. My foot is a lot better for doing this.

Happy
Sounds like you need to have some more "me time" or even some down time. The dog is good around the kitten but they have been with each other since she was about 6 weeks old. She turned 7 months old this month.

Annie
Hope this is the last of you fighting infections.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-21-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #220  
Annie - Indiana

Morning/Evening All...

Not a lot going on. Had a talk with C last night. Don't know if we are going to make it. He has very strong feelings of wanting to be by himself and moving out. Let God's will be done. He is tired of taking pills. Here we go... I will admit the pills are making him sleep and very tired all the time. I would not like that either. He doesn't want to talk to anyone (therapist etc) anymore. Just wants to get back to "his normal" mind. Yeah right. Why can I not let go? What is wrong with me. My gut tells me to just be done with it and my heart and mind won't let me. I KNOW to leave the emotions out of my decisions. I am such a big baby. What will happen to him bothers me. Ok, nuff of this my eyes are leaking.

Better news..I am down to 159 this morning. 4-5 more lbs to my normal of 155/154. Seems like my entire life has been a struggle in some form or another. MarriageS, Weight, Emotions, Deaths. Bleh. Can it just be easy for once? I doubt it, then we die.

HAPPY...Sorry you are in a funk. We seem to get that way when we are not happy with ourselves or our life. I get it sister. Maybe start doing low carb and low sugar instead of Keto. Just count! We think we are doing great on eating til we actually sit down and count the carbs/sugar/calories, whatever in what we are eating. Huge hugs for a better day for you. Maybe you have too many things on your plate as far as volunteering and your health issues. Hard to work everything in and have HAPPY time.

LAURA...hope the basement gets under control. Water leaks are the worst. Plumbing and water leaks. bleh. How did your physical go? Did you have blood work to go along with it?

CEEG...woah, now a kitten to deal with along with the dog. At least you can go home to escape the responsibilities of animal hood.

SUSIE...good to hear you are back to giving you time for yourself. The end of the year will be here before you know it to make your goals. You are looking beautiful, btw.

Hello to the rest of youse. All I have for now. I think HAPPY's funk is here in Indy today. Emotional roller coaster to say the least. bah.

Hugs
Old 02-22-2018, 10:34 AM   #221  

Off to the dentist at 11.00 for my crowns.
Niece was in a funk this morning. She's having to take online classes for a supervisors position and missed one test question on each test. She has to make 100% but the good thing is that she can take them as often as needed.
The animals are taking their morning naps. All is quiet.

------
Annie
So sad that C feels this way. Yes it is good that I have some down time by myself. I'm honestly ready to be back home to stay. But I'm need here for the time being. I do like the Branson area though for shopping. Congratulations for the weigh loss. You've done well with the Keto diet.

Back later.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #222  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

I feel a bit better today - same issues as yesterday, just able to cope with them a bit better. Thank you for your support. I did have to skip yoga yesterday - the schedule was just too tight. That means I missed about half the yoga classes this session. We had a nice lunch - I gave half of my lasagna to DH (wasn't a large piece in the first place) and I ate the mandarin orange salad with lettuce and light dressing. Then we stopped at the grocery store so I could pick up a store made appetizer (taco dip and chips) as well as 3 bottles of wine to bring the the Girls event at the thrift shop. I was able to sneak in a 45 minute nap before getting ready to go. My foot was really hurting bad yesterday so I put the drain plug in the tub while I took my shower and let my foot sit in some warm water that helped a bit. We actually had a nice time at the girls event. Only about a dozen ladies showed up but we had plenty of wine, lots of light appetizers to nibble on and everyone was really nice. I met a new friend - we have so much in common. Her sister lives in Memphis now but M understands why we fled back up here I also talked to a nice lady who is planning a trip to Australia in 3 weeks so we had a nice chat. We made about $140 in sales and took in some nice donations so it was a good night. The president of the Humane Society said we should do the wine and appetizer thing as a social thing more often with the volunteers.

I have more of my day to myself today - just bingo tonight. They are talking about 3 to 5 inches of snow and potentially some freezing drizzle so I wish they would cancel bingo but they won't. The kitchen helper is out on vacation and the cook is working all day at the food truck today selling chili as everyone is pouring into town for the big Birkie ski race this weekend. Starts today with a childrens race and the "Barkie Birkie" where people ski with their dogs - always a fun event. I usually help in the kitchen the first half hour until L shows up so the kitchen might be kind of hectic tonight. Poor J will have to cook AND do all the clean up as I don't know how to work the commercial dish washer. I will do what I can to help provided our 3rd guy shows up tonight.

Ladies I am asking for your prayers and good thoughts for our friend Keith. I went to high school with his wife and we met up 40 years later in our little town. She has had the misfortune to bury 2 husbands already due to cancer. Keith sought her out after an appropriate amount of time passed and they are a lovely couple - she just made him promise he would not die before her. A few years ago he had prostate cancer and surgery. Last year they found some rouge cells and discovered another cancer. It seems like he has lung cancer now which as moved to 3 tumors in his brain. This is not looking good but they are ever hopeful. They are just the nicest people - I cannot even begin to fathom how she is coping with this. He is resolved to his fate whatever that might be, I think he is more concerned for her than anything. Still I ask for the power of prayer to both of them for strength and healing. Thank you.

Also goes to show that my problems are petty compared to what others have to deal with.

Ceejay - good luck at the dentist. I hope your niece can shake off the willies and pass her test successfully. I didn't realize that the animals are at your niece's house and not in yours. Whew - that's a relief? When will you head back home again?

Annie - my heart and hugs to you with the C situation. One of the biggest issues I have seen in my experience with mental issues is that people just don't like the way the medicine they desperately need makes them feel. I'm sure it is a complicated process for the drug manufacturers, otherwise they would have found something different. No one wants to give up on a situation - I hope you don't feel this way although you are the fix it kinda gal. If doing what everyone thinks they should do is going to make someone live against their nature, then it's a bad thing. Perhaps a separation is good - let him test the waters and see how he feels. I do understand the hesitancy on your part if that means he will live a life that is not in his own best interests. Your heartstrings are very long and made of the strongest steel - it's a difficult situation. Whatever path you take, please know we are there for you to walk with you, pull you in the wagon or just drag you along. I'm glad you have lost some of the medicinal weight - that should make you feel better. Thanks for your support. I am going back to logging in My Fitness Pal because you are so very right about we think we are doing ok and then when we add up the nutrition we are eating far more than we should. My biggest BIGGEST problem is waiting too long and then being starving and reaching for the quickest thing. I will try your advice on slowly cutting carbs. Several of the ladies were talking last night and sharing success stories of weight loss - all involved cutting back on carbs and sugars. Although one lady went total keto like you - we all agree that just for us that would be too hard to maintain but she is a vegetarian, mostly raw foods so I could see how it would work for her. Not sure what her poor husband is eating though ...

Susie - I'm very happy to hear that you are on your life balancing program. It's hard to implement but after a few short weeks you won't feel quite the lure to immediately put work before everything else in your life. Thank you for sharing your advice on the bike and slower workouts.

Laura - did you survive the rains? I saw a book at the shop yesterday by Margaret Body Electric. Was going to send it to you but then I thought perhaps you are more a fan of working along with the exercise videos rather than following them in a book. But I will still get the book if you'd want it. When we added the second sump pump at our house, they added more drain tiles which are some sort of trench to redirect runoff or drainage or something. Our were cracked. I have never hear of drain tiles till I moved up here. I suppose the amount of work you put into the house depends on how often you get seepage. If it's a seasonal thing every season then it might make more sense to spend the money vs just one rainy season.

Hi to Shad and Dee

It's almost noon. I have about 2 and a half hours to get some things done before I have to prep for bingo. Want to get there early today.

Hopy you are all having a good day. Talk tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #223  

Morning all.

Yesterday’s physical went fine. Now I have to schedule a mammogram, and also phone the orthopedic to set up an MRI for my foot. I’m waiting on the result of the blood draw done to check my hormone levels. I had blood work in October and my doctor didn’t see the need for more. She wasn’t concerned about the A1 C being a smidge out of range because the fasting blood sugar was fine, nor the cholesterol number. But she did say that lifestyle changes (exercise, diet) should be made to keep them in check/prevent them from becoming serious issues.

The basement was dry when I went down there yesterday after I got home. Yay for that.

We had a sub instructor for Pilates last night. She’s an instructor I’ve had before when I took more challenging classes – she’s a good instructor, but tough. Even though she doesn’t usually teach Pilates, it was still a much more challenging class, and that’s not a bad thing. My only complaint is that she didn’t lead the class from the platform, so I had trouble seeing what she was doing from where I had my mat.

According to my calendar, next Wednesday is my last Pilates class of the session. I haven’t signed up for the next session yet. Depending on if my rib heals, I may or may not sign up for the next session (spring). The moves make the rib sore, and it’s probably slowing the healing process.

Enough rambling, on to personals.
==
Happy – You got a nice deal on your Airdyne. The recplex fitness center where I take my circuit class has Schwinn Airdyne stationary bikes. The circuit class has two stations with those bikes. I like the fan in the wheel – feels good when I’ve worked up a sweat, but I’m not keen on the moving arms (vs. fixed handlebars). I’ve looked at craigslist off and on over the past year at stationary bikes, but I feel leery about buying a used model because of the electronics that are now part of them. Bike seats – no one ever seems happy with them, especially women, lol.

Susie – I hope you don’t get any flooding in your area. Between all the rain, plus all the melting of the snow we had, it’s really hit some areas hard in Illinois, and now I hear Indiana has been affected. == Good for you putting yourself first!! That’s how you’ve made such fantastic progress this past year+. == I’m glad you’re happy with your recumbent bike. I think getting a stationary bike is the right answer for me right now (well, probably has been for a while now, but I resisted it), and it’s good because it will also help me when outdoor cycling season comes along. I also think bf could benefit. He has old knee injuries (go back to HS years) that keep him from doing much exercise, and riding the bike could strengthen his legs. He hasn’t done any outdoor cycling because his legs aren’t strong. (I also think he’s self-conscious about his twiggy legs, lol.)

Ceejay – Yeh, the stationary bike would go in the basement. I already have a workout area set up with a tv there. If I couldn’t watch tv while I ride, I would never do it! I’m glad your foot is better by doing exercise that doesn’t put weight on it.

Annie – I’m so sad to hear that C is not happy with your/his current situation. I’m sad that he’s ready to give up and you aren’t. I don’t recall how long it’s been since he was diagnosed and started meds/treatment (less than a year, I believe) – but maybe he should try to give it more time? More tweaks or changes? I know the others have commented on the difficulty of having three additional people in the household – is that a significant factor for him? Could there be a way to change that? Don’t be hard on yourself, think you’re a baby. Having a heart and emotions is being human. I think you said you have another therapy session coming up, I hope it can help you sort things out.

Ceejay – I hope your dentist appointment goes well! You’ll be glad when that’s over with!! -- Good luck to your niece with her tests.
Happy – The event sounds fun and you met some nice women. == Ugh, that’s some ugly weather coming your way. I hope bingo gets cancelled tonight so you’re no out in that weather, and because you’re shorthanded on top of it. == How awful for Keith and his wife. My thoughts go out to them. == Thanks for offering to send the Margaret Richard book, but you don’t have to go to the trouble. I actually did get it from the library after it first came out and I didn’t finish it. That is not unusual for me – I just don’t enjoy reading much non-fiction, and I do prefer to exercise to workout videos.

Hi Shad!

Okay, I need to go grab some lunch while I still have time. Off to post!
Old 02-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #224  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Well it never rains but it pours. We are having rain, rain and more rain over here. Only blessing apart from the garden is that it is not cold and not particularly humid. It appears (according to the meteorology people) that we are over the heat and humidity for the time being. They've been wrong before, but since autumn is fast approaching I might be able to believe them maybe.

A tomato plant which has self seeded is now producing fruit. It's a race between me and the bugs as to who gets the juiciest, ripest fruit - which is why I don't plant in summer, but I have been enjoying a few freebies from last years garden and they are very tasty. Now that we are getting some good rain, which is apparently going to last for some days, I might think about replanting. Pity I didn't get all the vege patch dug over before it got here. Oh well. Too much swinging from a hammock I guess.

DS2 just dropped Ruger off for doggy day care. Ruger doesn't seem too bright today - he's currently sleeping on the mat as I said to him that I would finish my cup of tea and write this post before we even thought of going out for a walk. He doesn't mind getting wet and I have my big blue plastic poncho to keep most of me dry.

I've been following the aftermath of the Florida school shooting. I have to commend those kids who are trying to get things sorted. I listened to parents talking about the kids right to live over the country's right to bear arms and I nearly threw something at the tv when your president suggested arming the teachers. For heavens sake. I'm aware that this will take a long time to put right, but is he suggesting arming the teachers with a military weapon? Because that's what the terrorist (and each and every one of these perpetrators are) will be armed with. And what happens when some disturbed kid in class decides to steal the weapon? Get real idiot. Enough with the rant

Happy - So glad you are feeling better today. Sometimes life just gives us a little bit too much to cope with and we all have these moments. I know I do anyway. You'd have to be a very strong person - or maybe on drugs to get through every day on a high. Sad that you are so busy that you haven't been able to make all the yoga sessions. They may have relaxed you enough to make you feel a little better and brighter. The mandarin salad sounds nice. I do miss mandarins - we had a great season of them last year. They were amazing.
I laughed at your picking up three bottles of wine for the Girls event. Did everyone bring 3 bottles? You must have had a very merry time of it if they did. Good idea to warm up the foot before going out.
Nice to have a new friend. And if the lady coming to Australia is anywhere near Brisbane, I'd love to meet up with her.
If you do more of the wine and dip type days, you might all end up as winos
I hope you got all the required help for Bingo. Otherwise those dedicated people will be working their butts off.
I'm very sorry to read about your friends husband Keith. Some people are just so unlucky. Hopefully they have found all these tumours and can do something about them. Shrink them enough to operate or kill them with chemo. I will send some healing thoughts his way. It's hard on the lady and having buried 2 husbands due to this horrible disease I can understand how stressed she will be. This sort of thing really does bring home the gratitude we should have that we are fit and well mostly and our problems are small.

Laura - I like it when instructors really push their clients. It's what you are there for after all. They do need to be mindful of anything that might be upset by the person pushing too hard, but generally speaking, when you escape from the class feeling really used up, then it is a good session.
Glad to hear that the basement was dry when you got home. Everytime I see a leaky basement on some of these tv shows I shudder at what it will cost to get the thing sorted and watertight. Seems that many contractors are not doing a good job of providing drainage around the outside of the house.

Annie - Sometimes you just have to walk away from a situation and let the other person find out that the strong feelings of wanting to be alone and wanting to be normal are not really what they needed. They might have wanted, but really not what they needed. Anyone having to face the fact of taking medication for the rest of their life to be 'normal' is not usually thinking rationally or looking to the future with any pleasure, particularly if it takes time to get to the right medication and the right frame of mind. Then they often say that I am okay now and stop taking the meds. I feel for you, but I think you need to step back and let him make his decision. It will be hard on all of you. Every one struggles one way or another to cope with what life throws at us.
See - I told you the weight will go down when the medication ceased.

Ceejay - good luck at the dentist. Hope you got everything done and are now back home recovering. Isn't it nice when the fur babies go down for their naps.

Susie - good on you for getting back on track. Getting the work/ life balance straight is a real necessity in todays world. I loved the look of your new office.

Okay, so dog is now up and ready for action. I'd better get myself together and get out there with him. He needs the exercise and so do I. Might be able to paint today - it's cool enough.

Last edited by Shad; 02-22-2018 at 11:54 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:03 AM   #225  
Annie - Indiana

Bleh, long night with C. On the struggle bus today. Lord give me the strength to do the next right thing. Amen.

Thank you all for the love and support where C is concerned. I feel badly that I am putting my household through this mess.

SHADDIE...I think you enjoy Ruger as much as he love you too. We are getting way too much rain here also. Flash flooding, a couple of schools closed. Gun control, bah. Evil does not follow laws or rules.

LAURA...glad your physical went fine. I need to schedule my mammogram also. I think I am due in March. I will have to go back and look. Hope they can get your foot figured out. Yah for a dry basement!

HAPPY...glad you are feeling a bit better. Prayers for your friend and her husband. That has to be a difficult situation considering her past husbands. Wonder why she was dealt such a horrible thing? Oh God please make things better for everyone. Amen. Sorry your foot is giving you so much pain. That in itself can make us not ourself. Hugs my friend

CEEG...how did it go at the dentist? Yuck on the crown procedure. I have had 4 of them done and one of those re-done to due poor quality work from a previous dentist. Hugs.

Make it great weekend, I need a massage. Carrying a headache off and on all day long for weeks now. Sheesh. I am sure it is stress related. This job is not helping. I want to tell one of my peeps that I don't have time for his stuff.

Hugs.