Old 01-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The sun is brightly shining on this 8 degree morning. My niece helped me get the windshield cleaned off and I took her to work this morning. The roads were in good shape. It's was good to get out of the house. Sis turned 65 yesterday.

Laura
Plumbing and electrical problems were the reason why I always rented. Let the landlord fix them. Think sis is ready to go back to the gym/rec plex tonight. I'm going to do some sort of exercise today but it's to cold to go for a dog walk. Maybe tomorrow. Losing those pounds makes me realize that only I can control me.

More later

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-18-2018 at 02:35 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #77  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey all....

Still suffering along but I THINK maybe getting a bit better. Don't want to jinx myself. Still taking tylenol for body aches and pains.

I made dinner for the first time in over a week. Grilled cheese sandwiches for all others and then also Keto chicken velvet soup with mushroom. It was very good. Nobody knew it was keto and gobbled it up. Not a real huge effort on my part as far as cooking however very tasty.

My boss gave me a nice waist length black fleece jacket for Christmas. It is very nice and worked out well yesterday in the office along with the toe warmers. It is supposed to be in the 30s and 40s for the next 8-10 days. So looking forward to that however surely bldg mgmt will turn on the air conditioning at that point. lol.

CEEG... like you I am looking forward to warmer weather. Boo on all this scraping and freezing weather.

LAURA...good luck on your plumbing job. Glad I have my son for that stuff, even tho that is no longer his forte'. He is still good at it and has the tools and some parts. Good for you for dragging yourself out to pilates/recplex. I had to laugh at a friend here at work. She was complaining about her mother's grocery buying. Only difference is she lives in assisted living and won't go for the breakfast as it is too early (8:00) nor go to dinner there as it is to late (5:00). The only meal she goes to is lunch, regardless that they are all paid for in her plan. Frustrating to my friend as her mother wants her to go pick up this or that all the time, not to mention the hoarding going on when my friend takes her momma shopping. Must be an universal old timers thing.

HAPPY..how were the doc appts? Did DH get the car fixed ok? Always something. Curtis said the other night that the furnace was running a lot lately better have it checked. Honey, honey, honey....it is -20 degs outside, the furnace will run a lot. Chill silly.

SUSIE...good luck at WI tonight, do report back please. Your pizza sounds yummy. I crave marinara sauce all the time. I am weird. Could eat spaghetti sauce directly out of a jar with a spoon. bleh.

SHADDIE..I am down with sitting on your deck watching the antics of the animals and birds. Will even toss Ruger a stick or two.

Hello to all.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:50 PM   #78  

Morning all. It’s sunny today, but windy. Looking forward to warmer temps.

Ceejay – Yes, after feeling cooped up last weekend, I look forward to getting out of the house this weekend. == Good you have your sis as a workout buddy.

Annie – Nice and useful gift from your boss. Nice to have a boss who is nice that way. == Glad (you think) you’re getting better!! The prayers and good vibes are working! We’ll keep them coming. == Okay, so my mom isn’t the only one not taking advantage of the meals she’s paying for, and also buying groceries as if she’s going to be snowed in until April. Ask your friend if her mom takes home pats of butter and packets of sugar when she does eat out, LOL.

Hellos to the rest of you. Happy Friday Shad! Do Fridays matter to you anymore now that you’re retired??

==

Nothing much to report. Pilates was good last night.

Tonight is a health lecture about neuropathies, or I can go to the circuit class. I’ll decide later.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll post this.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #79  

Annie
I think any kind of soup in the winter is good. I've cut way back on my carbs but not doing the Keto diet. I can tell the difference in that the cravings are getting less. Still sending you hugs and feel better vibes.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #80  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi kids,

It's a beautiful sunny day, 36 degrees and an a bit breezy but it almost feels like spring day. DH is motivated to go out and take pictures although it might be a bit windy for picture taking. When the subject sways in the breeze or the camera moves, it makes for a blurry picture which makes DH VERY unhappy as he is a perfectionist. Me, I just enjoy the beauty of a captured moment.

He has a jones for French Onion soup so I am babysitting a pot of simmering onions. It is all about the carmelized onions for this and it takes well over an hour of simmer/stir/watch. That will be his "Uber payment" for taking me to bingo tonight. He went to physical therapy (I skipped today because I didn't want that particular therapist). Then he is going to the grocery store to pick up the rest of the items I need. He will have a giant bowl of soup for dinner with Italian bread.

My foot feels different. J put sports tape on it and explained to me what she was doing. It supports the foot and moves the fluid back to the lymph nodes to drain. I am trying to stand more on the foot - like anything, when you baby a muscle/area it gets weak. Today I was standing cutting up 4 pounds of onions for soup. It sort of feels like I have an uncomfortable lump of something under the arch of my foot. The tendonitis seems to have eased up, now it feels more like sore muscles. I think we are making progress - I have 2 appointments next week. This therapist knows how to massage a foot! At least I understand better what is going on and what to do.

The onions which I normally like the smell of are rather overwhelming at the moment. I got a 15 pound bag at the farmers market in the fall - they keep nicely in a cool spot and I used all but about 6 onions so far. They didn't make me cry either when cutting them - that was a first.

It is getting harder to avoid sick people around here. I am almost paranoid about it. Last night I had a bad headache and the start of that water in the nose sniffly feeling in my nose. I went to bed a bit earlier and am hoping to stay healthy. We are supposed to be getting a winter storm Sunday into Monday. Too soon to tell yet but we could be getting a foot of snow or more. Looks like it will track over us rather than Duluth. Thank you Colorado (not ) I guess the Colorado air stream sucks up more moisture from the south and always brings us a big dump compared to the regular jet stream. We will do what we do - watch closely and hunker down if we have to.

DH cleaned the deck completely before he headed out. It's nice and sunny out there - you could almost go out in a t-shirt and enjoy a bit of sun on your face.

Turned on the dryer today and it's making wierd noises. It's still heating so that's good. It's got an upper dryer cabinet - they only made those 1 year by Maytag and the dryer is 14 years old. I use it to warm my 3 season room too so I hope it doesn't crap out.

Annie - sorry you had to go to work. That's one of the bad things about this flu/viral bug - it seems to keep coming back. Take care of yourself. Nice of the boss to give you a warm jacket. Of course, now the weather will warm up Hope your surprise helps out. Glad you have an easy going family when it comes to food. I think it's also good that they don't develop the carby tooth and your cooking helps with that. I wish I had eaten better when I was younger. OMG - what is it with OLD people? I can imagine the frustration of your friend with her Mom not utilizing what she is paying for with meals. My Mom is the same way with eating - she gets up by 8 at the very latest. Has coffee and reads the paper - eats "breakfast" around 1pm. Eats lunch around 4pm and then around 9 she is looking for something. Often times she doesn't eat because she doesn't feel like making something. I have warned her about getting enough protein for her heart, we have tried to scare her that if she isn't eating she can't live alone any more. Nothing seems to work. She lives on turkey sandwiches - the roast from Honey Baked ham that is full of salt - you know, that stuff she complains about in EVERY OTHER FOOD OFFERING! I also laughed at Laura's comment about taking salt and ketchup packets. My Mom used to take extra bread from the basket - not so much now. We have one lady at the senior center who is constantly swiping food and supplies - they had to move stuff so she could not help herself. DH goes tomorrow to get the car repaired, thanks for asking.

Laura - good luck with the plumbing job. I'm glad to hear your house was built way better than ours was. Please pass along any info on neuropathy - DH has a bad issue with it. Sounds very annoying from what he tells me. Glad you liked the Pilates class.

Ceejay - my gosh - it was colder down south than it was by us up here! I was looking at all the snow on the evening news. No wonder you didn't want to drive. 8 degrees is downright frigid for you! I agree with you about renting. I would not keep a house if I was on my own. I am not as handy as DH - it's a skillset that takes talent more than desire - and there is always something to be repaired in a house. Basic maintenance I could handle. Shucks, last night I had to ask DH to come downstairs to open a bottle of fabric softener for me. I tried using a rubber band and one of those grippers - still needed help. Stay warm and be careful! Congratulations on the pounds down too!!! Good to know that the cravings will ease up over time.

Susie - nice that you and DH can ride in together. Get to spend a little couple time and it sure is nice not to have the frustration of commuting. Your pizza sounds amazing - except for the olives. No thanks. I'm with you on the extra sauce. I just love, love tomatoes. After gall bladder surgery I got a surge of reflux (very common) - will never be able to give them up.

Time to start the next step of the soup and flip the laundry. Later chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:25 AM   #81  

No Happy, not salt and ketchup (my mom uses neither), she swipes butter pats and sugar packets, LOL. And yeh, bread from the basket too. Though I confess bf and I will take home bread from the basket if it's good bread. I think the restaurant has to throw it away if it's not eaten...why waste it??

Have a meeting in 5 min. Back later.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:34 AM   #82  

morning
It's still cold at 21 degrees but nicer than 8. Supposed to be around 50 this afternoon.
I'm going home for a couple of day's this afternoon.

-------
Happy
Sis bought me a foot messager for my birthday last year. I use it often.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #83  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Supposed to be 50 by Monday. Yeah! 35 today, 40 tomorrow. I say, bring it. I swear if I cough much more my brains are going to scatter (worse). 30 degrees and sunny at the moment. I will take it.

HAPPY/LAURA...my momma used to swipe the sweet n low packets ALL THE TIME. Only the "pink" sugar as she called it. It got so when she asked the waitress to bring S&L, I would then say just two packets please. Momma would frown at me and say, "Rita Anne". hahaha. I can still hear her saying my name.

Nothing going on for the weekend. More bed/rest time for me. As a matter of fact I am thinking on cutting this day short. There is no much deep cleaning that needs to be done at home. I need to do it cause only I can satisfy my high scale of completion. Sam would do it if I asked.

Trying to get healthy! Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #84  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Darn it - I can't seem to remember if I took my thyroid pill this morning. Not something you want to take a double dose of intentionally.

Bingo was quiet yesterday. Barely enough people to qualify for play. My partner said if it's going to be like this over the rest of winter, we might suspend play although I don't think the facility director will agree.

DH said the French Onion soup came out fantastic. I had a small taste when I got home but it was not the kind of thing you want to eat at 9pm so I will have some today for lunch instead.

Weather is overcast but warming up today. My arthritis is in full on hurting mode - I'm thinking alot to do with the weather. Knees, ankles, wrists and elbows were screaming this morning. Ugh. Gets better when I get out of bed and moving around but should would be nice to wake up feeling good instead of how I do feel.

Annie - yes, I do understand the need to get things done at home BUT you don't want to be in a vicious circle of sickness so PLEASE go home and let the housework wait on a few days. Please get your rest. Otherwise I will have no sympathy when you are hacking again next week. Cute story about Mom and the pink packets. I think that's what they referred to them was pink or blue stuff.

Oh man - you guys and your 50 degree temps are making me jealous...

Ceejay - those foot massagers are nice. Are you coming back home soon?

Laura - yes you are right about them tossing the bread out, even if you didn't touch it. We take the remaining bread from the Italian restaurant if I bring home part of my dinner - which I usually do. Also they have the most amazing crusty rolls at the Steak House and I have on occasion asked the waitress for an extra one to take home. I also admit to grabbing those packets of raw sugar - only because I can't get it here

Not much going on this weekend - stay at home, attack some of the piles that need attacking. I probably should put in a service call on the dryer too before it conks out.

Have a good weekend ladies. I will check back later.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #85  

Morning all. Happy Friday!

Happy - Is it the sport tape that you think is helping or the PT/massage? Either way, hope you're on your way to a pain-free foot! == Hope you can avoid getting sick. BF's aunt's assisted living place is having people take all their meals in their units, not in the dining room. So much sickness going around. == Hope the dryer doesn't conk out on you. Yes, I need to attack some piles this weekend too.

Ceejay - Enjoy the 50 degrees today! And enjoy your "me time". And the foot massaging machine!! :

Annie - LOL re your mom swiping the pink packets and you trying to limit how many. == Hope you can have a short day today but not so you can go home to clean house!!!! Go home and get comfy and rest and get well!! No worries, the dirt will still be there waiting for you, hahaha.

Hellos to Shad and Susie!
==

The plumbing drama is done. Too bad it took nearly a week.

The neuropathy lecture was alright. Very general. They talked more about neuropathies that come from disease (e.g., diabetic) rather than those that come from injuries/accidents. The only thing that came close to what I was interested in was carpal tunnel, and that was just a brief mention. I'm thinking "pinched nerve" didn't really fit in so I didn't bring it up as a question. I will, however, bring up my tingling and numbness when I sleep to my doctor. but only as far as what kind of damage can be done when you are regularly cutting off blood flow from sleeping too hard on your shoulder. Or carrying too heavy of a purse on your shoulder. Otherwise I know I need to not sleep on my shoulder or carry a heavy purse.

Speaking of the purse - I did take some stuff out of my purse a few weeks ago and carry it in my backpack...and I don't even find I need that stuff. I also switched to a lighter bag.

Anyway - back to neuropathy, but only to give you a resource: Neuropathy Action Foundation, neuropathyaction.org

--
I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning. Otherwise, plenty to do around the house, including assembling my greenhouse. Oh, and the season premiere of the tv show "Grace & Frankie" is tonight (Netflix show with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin).

Have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-19-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #86  

Afternoon
Don't know where the morning went!
Nephew and his wife are into it again. He called and wanted to spend the night with me to get away from all the yelling. Think part of her yelling comes from being half Italian. He's ready to walk away from it. But I don't think that she want's a divorce. I can understand his situation.
I'm home until tomorrow then go back to Branson. I'm ready for this to be over.
Need to go buy a few groceries. I'm having a desire for a good ole coke. My cabinets are slim pickings right now.
I want to go by PF and see if I can change the plan on my membership since I'm not there all the time anymore.

-----------
Happy
I understand about the arthritis mine has been bother some also especially my neck.
Your town kind of sounds like Branson. Most of the shows close down because of the weather. I agree that staying off your foot could also make it become weak. Could you not use the Nu Step for about 5 minutes for therapy?

Laura
Good luck on cleaning the house. Mine is not bad. but needs some touch ups. I've washed the sheets that my cousins slept on this morning and will wash mine this afternoon.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #87  

Morning all. It was dreary but mild yesterday and it's rainy and mild here today. Dreary weather gets old quickly for me, but the temps sure are nice for January!

My dentist appointment on Saturday went very well. The hygienist said she could tell by the condition of my teeth (very little tartar) that I'm using an electric toothbrush. I use a regular toothbrush less and less because it just doesn't do as good of a job as the electric one. So teeth and gums are good, have to keep that going.

Bf went to a friend's house to watch the football yesterday, so I spent yesterday's me time watching shows I recorded on the DVR and also shows on Netflix. Nothing much else to report from my neck of the woods. Oh, I scheduled a vacation day for Friday. By the end of March, I have to use up 4.5 days of vacation carried over from last year. So far I only have 1.5 days scheduled.

Ceejay - I saw the photo on fb - looks like you had a nice steak dinner. I'm curious how the nephew's wife feels when she sees that on fb.... I hope they can work out something so they can have at least an amicable relationship (married or not) for the sake of their children. == How much longer do you think you'll be helping out your niece with her commute? I'm sure there are times when you just want to stay put in the peace of your home.

Hellos to the rest of you. Have a good Monday/Tuesday.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:42 AM   #88  

Laura
The nephew's wife was invited but she didn't want to come. We sent a steak home for her. We had a severe thunderstorm warning last night and got a very good rain. Thankful that it wasn't snow.

-------
Not much to report. I did go to home Friday. Sure was good to see the house. I'm ready to go back home. We are getting closer.

More later.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #89  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Dodged a bullet when the snowstorm decided to drift south of us. I don't mind not getting a foot of snow let me tell you. We are just supposed to get 1 to 3 inches. We are right on the northmost edge of the storm.

Yesterday we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things to supplement what I have and get some fresh stuff like tomatoes for sandwiches. There's a big racket going on outside - we have about 35 wild turkeys that are hanging around here. 6 of the boys are running in circles and fighting with each other. We've got over a dozen deer too - I guess now that hunting season is over they figure it's safe to come out of the woods. Haven't seen Chuckie - the guy with the big rack - I'm sure someone shot him. We stopped at the shelter yesterday to drop off some stuff and went and visited with the kitties yesterday. I could not convince DH to bring home another companion for Nina. There was one pretty cat who was hiding in her litterbox absolutely terrified. My heart went out to her. She is a new arrival and they are keeping her in her kennel for the time being.

DH watched the football games yesterday - lots of disappointed people up this way with the Minnesota Vikings losing yesterday. Would have been fun for them to play the Superbowl in their own stadium. I did laundry and puttered around the house a bit. Was feeling sniffly and had the dry sneezes about 20 times. Spent the day hoping I was not going to get sick. So far, ok today.

Thrift Shop this afternoon. I told the person I was working with who lives about an hour's drive away not to bother coming in if the weather was going to be so bad. Now that it isn't, not sure if she's coming to show up. It should be slow so if I'm alone - no big deal.

A relatively quiet week for me - Thrift Shop today, therapy Tuesday and Thursday (my foot is not so painful but it feels like it was starting all over again when the pain first set in so don't know what that means), Wednesday I have yoga and Thursday bingo so plenty of time in between to stay home. I like it that way. I did start working on a brochure I committed to about 2 years ago for the shelter

Laura - enjoy those 50 degree temperatures! I'm a little jealous. That's a good recommendation for the electric toothbrush. Glad you got a good checkup. So now that you don't have to worry about pets at home, can't you and BF plan a long weekend somewhere to use your extra vacation? Or are you not travellers? Galena is nice even in the winter or a nice weekend up in Lake Geneva? To your question about the sports tape - I'm not sure it helped other than to try and channel some of the fluid that was causing the swelling out of my foot. Seems like the latest trend now ...

Ceejay - that's unfortunate the the nephew and his wife. Some relationships are like that - fire and oil - you could be right though about the "passionate" Italian fire. Sometimes the thing that attracted them in the first place over time is the very thing that makes them nuts. As for your gym membership - can you put it "on hold" when you are away from home? Some places let you suspend your membership if you are going to be away. As to how many times you can do it, that's another thing and up to the gym - but worth asking.

Annie - hope you are on the mend today.

Susie - did you have a good weekend?

Shad - did you get enough of a break in the weather to be able to get some things done? How is the numbness and tingling in your hands?

Time to get ready for work and find something quick to eat before I leave. Hope you all have a good week.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #90  

Morning all. Quiet here!

Ceejay - Good to know the nephew's wife wasn't being left out - might make her shout more, lol. Hope you didn't get the snow that we got. It was so nice for those couple days to not worry about tracking snow into the house.

Happy - You and dh are good people visiting those kitties. I'd find it difficult to see the ones that are so fearful, wondering what's happened in their past to traumatize them. == I hope you're keeping away from the germs and staying healthy. == I'm glad you have a quiet week with some time to yourself. May you continue to have the balance you like. == We're back to 30 degrees and snow. Bf left the suv in the driveway overnight and we had to brush it off this morning so he could get me to the train. == I'm not that interested in getting away for a weekend locally. Maybe if I was going somewhere warm?? I do have to say that if I recall correctly, some resort in Galena has slides that you take down the hills. I don't know if they were year-round or just in warm weather. That was fun. Wouldn't mind doing that again.

Hellos to the rest of you. Annie, how are you feeling?? Hope you're finally recovering.

==
Nothing much to report. I had Twin Peaks on hold at the library and I picked it up yesterday. I think I only had a few episodes left to watch of the series, but since I have the dvd's for two weeks, I started watching at about the halfway point to refresh myself. When I was watching the series with our Amazon Firestick, I always had so much trouble with the screen freezing and stuttering and the sound cutting out that I'll probably pick up things that I didn't catch during the first viewing.

That's about it for me, so I'll get this posted and check back later.