Old 01-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

ugh just started to post and the silly thing decided to close on me.
The snow is beautiful. I just told my niece that I would not be getting out in the morning. Supposed to be below zero. I refuse.

Happy
Be careful while shoveling snow. Hope you have a quiet day at the shop.

Posting before I lose it.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #62  

Annie
I can't blame you for not wanting to go to the concert's because of the crowds. I don't like them either, but I do like Cyndi Lauper. Feel better soon.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #63  

Susie,
Congratulations on the 2.8 pounds lost at the TOPS weigh in. I hope that I can continue to be active and eat right. I'm having to learn new life style habits. I'm like you with the winter weather (snow) in watching and not getting out in it. I don't mind helping my niece but I'm looking after my health and well being first.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #64  

Shad
Good that you are getting stuff done. Food sounds good.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #65  

Afternoon all.

Ceejay – Snow, pretty to look at but not to drive in. So it’s hillier where you live now than where you used to live in Arkansas? Definitely hillier than where I live. Must be an adjustment to drive when the roads aren’t dry. I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with hills in my area, but I have a friend that’s about 25-30 miles northwest of me and it’s quite hilly out there. == Since I was sick right before New Year’s and the past couple weeks, I once again fell off with exercising at home. But now, with Pilates once a week and my class pass, I plan for two classes a week at RecPlex and then try for one workout at home. Sounds like you’re getting some good exercise these days. Dogs are always good for forcing you to get exercise, unless you’ve got one of those breeds that don’t need/like exercise.

Annie – Oh dear, I’m sorry you’ve had a relapse. I hope the new meds have started working to get you feeling better. Good thing you have today off to rest and recover.

Shad – Sorry that the heat is affecting your sleep and energy levels. Yay for a break in the weather!! You needed that!! The part of our house with the bedrooms is furthest from the furnace and tends to be cooler than the kitchen, dining room and living room. I seem to be sleeping better lately and I wonder if it’s because it’s been cooler. == Not sure where I got the idea you were coming to the finish line on your home renovations – it sounds like there’s still a LOT going on! == Sorry your back is bothering you. Yep, seems like movement is always recommended when arthritis is the culprit. I suggest doing bridges to help your back. That’s something we do frequently in Pilates. I bet planks would be okay too. And I’m sure your doctor has exercise suggestions for safely strengthening and stretching your back. == Yum, the rice paper rolls sound tasty!

Happy – Ugh, sounds really dry in your house. And ick, the Asian beetles. Yep, I’d definitely be getting someone out to deal with those whenever the right time comes. I’m hoping we don’t have the ant problem we had last year. I think that’s because it was a wet spring. == I’m sorry you didn’t like the therapist. I hope there’s another one that you like much better. It seems that the sport tape has become very popular as of late. Too bad the therapist seems to be following a generic treatment plan and not listening to you. == I think I’m in the same spot as your sister – the asthma makes illnesses worse. Hope she feels better soon. == I’m glad you’re spending more time at home now, especially when the weather is crummy in the winter. That’s what retirement is good for – not having to do anything if you don’t want to! == I think the mini greenhouse is about 2 feet wide by six feet tall. It’s essentially a metal shelving unit with a clear vinyl cover over it, and the front part of the cover zips open and closed for access. I plan to keep it in our basement and rig it so that my grow light can go on the top shelf and provide adequate light and the cover will help keep chilly drafts away and retain the heat. I don’t intend to use if outdoors for anything, and based on the reviews it’s not sturdy enough to withstand windy conditions. Besides, the only sheltered areas of our yard don’t get much sun as they are on the north side, so it wouldn’t help with extending our growing season. == Kind of rude to leave all the equipment all over the place after yoga class ends. Your teacher needs to change that process! At my classes, we get our own equipment and put it away. == As for your dh getting ticked waiting on you but not realizing you sometimes have to wait on him…what makes his time more valuable than yours??!! == As for the ranting…I’ve been dealing with it a long time and have many times advised bf not to do any of those projects unless I’m out of the house. Why he chose Friday afternoon to start on this is beyond me. Our house is solid and well-built, but after 60 years, the plumbing is old, and even any “upgrades” done to it are old, and therein lies the problem. Even so, I’m still partial to older housing and the quality that went into it.

Susie – I hope you’re enjoying your day at home on your holiday off work. – Way to go on the 2.8 lb loss at TOPS!!! Good job!

==

Nothing much to report. Not a weekend I want to repeat. I had to listen to bf complaining about the plumbing issue some more yesterday. And now it looks like the banging on the pipes for one issue caused another issue that’s right where the pipe goes into the wall. I think we’ll end up hiring an actual plumber for that work because it goes beyond bf’s area of experience. Oh well, old houses have these kinds of issues. And whenever there’s the tiniest gap or ill-fitting connection, water will find it. Sigh.

Other than that, I purged some paper from the office. I also moved a bunch of photos off my cell phone and onto the desktop computer. Glad to have freed up some space on the phone because lack of it was causing problems. I don’t know why my export didn’t include the photos I had on the phone’s SD card as well. Now I have to figure out how to deal with those. Not urgent though because there’s a lot of open space on the SD card. Also got some laundry done.

We had a few inches of snow and will get a few more today/tomorrow. I’ll be glad to get into the 30’s later this week. The train was nice and quiet, as well as the sidewalks and streets. And it’s nice and quiet in the office today too.

That’s it for me, so I’ll get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:27 PM   #66  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Not much better. The end.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:41 AM   #67  

Annie
Hugs, feel better soon.

Laura
The Branson hill are terrible. It looks like a winter wonder land right now and is beautiful. Luckily my niece had Sunday and Monday off from work and they closed down the clinic where my sis works so sis was able to take niece to work this morning. She text me and said the roads were bad. It's not hilly in Battlefield where I live. Hope the plumbing problem is resolved soon.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #68  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

We got a bunch of snow over night - about 5 inches of the super fluffy "Ivory Snowflake" type stuff that can be broom swept. Poor DH is out there cleaning it off. I gave him most of my prescription pain patches - not sure how much good they will do me - and he put one on his shoulder last night and said it really helped him which I am glad for.

I wound up working the entire day at the thrift shop yesterday. DH dropped me off, the truck display was acting wonky so he took it right to Ford and much to my surprise he was there about 2 hours getting it checked out. Turns out they have to redownload some software or something and their system was not working properly so he has an appointment for Friday. (I am still not impressed with "Quality is Job 1 with Ford..." ) although the service people are very nice and that means alot. So he called me close to 1pm when I'd be getting off my shift and asked if I could stay there a while so he could plow the yard. I said of course. Then I called him at 2:30 and left a message saying that I might at well work the whole day so take your time and come get me at 4:30. He came about 3:30 and sat in the shop watching people for an hour. I had not eaten all day except for a small Special K cereal bar in the early morning so I was about to chew my arm off. We went to a bar/restaurant we hadn't been to in a long time. It was snowing and I had forgotten that it was about a 30 minute ride to the place. I was regretting suggesting it because the roads were kind of slippery and we were not sure it would be open early in the week. DH said it was a bar - bars never close Sure enough, they were open. They are right on the snowmobile trails and were doing a hefty business with snowmobilers. That (besides having your picture taken in the newspaper with the head of the animal you just killed/hunted) is another thing I don't agree with. Lets get on a speeding snow machine, drive fast along trails in the dark and we'll go bar hopping and having a drink or two at each stop along the way. At least a couple of times of year we hear of someone on a snowmobile crashing into a tree and killing themselves - the story ends with "alcohol was involved...". Anyway... we both had a burger and fries. It was fantastic even though I only ate half and brought the rest home for later. I was going to go in the hot tub last night but I just didn't get around to warming the room up and letting the tub run for a while to clear the chemicals. Today we are going to the Senior Center for lunch - salad bar day and then we are both headed to physical therapy. I hope this other therapist is better than the other one.

Annie - I'm sorry you are so sick. I hope you are at home getting lots of fluids and resting and sleeping as much as possible. Please take care of yourself. Everyone who said they had it were talking about how terrible it was. Took about 2 weeks in total. I can't ever remember it being this bad and so widespread. Rest up!

Laura - I know exactly the type of greenhouse you are talking about. That was a cute and perfect for growing herbs. That's a good idea to put it in the basement with a growing light. We went into a fancy schmancy appliance store in Duluth and they had a room with a dream kitchen. It was as you can suspect amazing. One of the things that floored me was in place of the dishwasher they had what looked like one of those glass door mini refrigerators but it was a GROW STATION. Was outfitted with humidity (hence using the spot for the dishwasher/water hook up) had shelves and grow lights. You can imagine dishwasher size that you couldn't grow tomatoes in it but whoa !!!! what a yuppy fancy over the top thing of beauty it was! I'm sure your greenhouse will do the same for a lot less money Good luck with the plumber - I hope you can get someone to do the job - sometimes they don't like small jobs, but what can you do - when you need a plumber, you need one! Thanks for the reminder - I should move some pictures off my phone also to free up space.

Shad - I agree - those rice paper rolls sounded heavenly. Do you have issues working with the rice paper? It looks tricky - like it would roll on to itself and stick. I guess you could put just about anything in them. Must remember that. Is the arthritis bothering you even in the warm weather?

Ceejay - ugh - no way I'd be driving out in the hills if it was snowing out. Are you caught up in the cold that they are getting down south? I guess they got whallopped with snow this week. Must have paralyzed the cities. I'll bet the kids are happy though.

Hi Susie

I'd better get off my duff - need to shower up and be ready to leave in about 90 minutes - that will give me enough time to get a load in the wash and pick up a few things also.

Have a good day people.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:11 PM   #69  

Morning all. Snowy and cold here. My legs won't get warm!

I was late to work this morning due to the train. Metra advised the train was running late, But when I didn’t get to the train station at the usual time because I thought it would be a few minutes late, the train was there and the doors closed just as I ran up to it. Because it wasn’t running late after all. Grrrr. So I guess that even if the train is reportedly running late, the riders should show up at the station as if it’s not running late. And then stand in the cold waiting around. Bleh. And to really tick me off, the next email I got from Metra is a notice about a fare increase taking effect on February 1st.

Bf is still trying things with the plumbing to avoid having to open up the wall under the sink to replace the one piece of pipe. Or hire a plumber to do it.

That’s all the news. On to personals.

Annie – Sorry you’re still feeling crummy. Hope you’re at home resting and drinking a lot of water.

Ceejay – Glad you didn’t have to be on the road yesterday or today.

Happy – I hope the PT goes well today. == That grow station sounds really cool. But we’ll see how my basement setup goes. It would be really convenient to have fresh herbs close at hand.

Hellos to Shad and Susie.

Okay, gonna post and get back to work.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #70  

Height: 5'7"

Hello. I am posting from my phone while DH is driving us to work. We ride together a lot in the winter.

We have a lot of snow piled up here due to the storm that came in Friday and we also had snow on Monday. The roads are much better today than yesterday.

Anne: How are you feeling? I cant help but feel that the cold office you have been working in has lowered your immunities. I hope you are staying warm, sleeping and resting and having plenty of water and warm soothing fluids.

Happy: I am trying to remember if you had PT yesterday ?

Shad: Nice to hear you have had a break in the heat. I think I read that you have company coming?

Ceejay:I remember from my trips to Missouri that it is hilly in a lot of places there. Do you know where Mt. Vernon is? We have friends that live there.

Laura: Boo about all the Metro issues. I hope the boyfriend can get the pipe issue sorted out. I think that anything beyond unclogging a pipe is reason enough to call a plumber.

I made myself the best pizza last night using a smaller Boboli crust and my low fat mozzerlla cheese. I also use this sauce that has vegetables added to it. You wouldn't know they were in it if you didnt read it on the jar. I also added mushroom, red onion and green olives. I ate half of it and brought the other half for lunch today along with a spinach salad.

I missed gettting my walks in at work yestetday, but did get my home workout in last night. Today,I plan to do both...walks at work and my home workout.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:36 AM   #71  
Annie - Indiana

Good Lord...

I am at work today. Not gonna lie, I am a whiner today. Not sick enough to stay home not well enough to be here. Bleh. Even my eyeballs hurt. In case I haven't told you this has been going on since THANKSGIVING. Third round of antibiotics. Prayers please.

No personals today. Just not feeling it.

Sanitary Hugs
Old 01-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #72  
Annie - Indiana

PS...HAPPY...I brought my surprise to work today. Ready for action. Thank you for being so thoughtful.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #73  
Annie - Indiana

PS..HAPPY...thank you for my surprise. I brought to work with me. Ready to use. You are so thoughtful. THank you lady.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #74  

It's cold in Branson this morning at a -3 degrees. Sun is shining and southern air will be coming our way by tomorrow. I'm ready to get out of this deep freeze.
I've lost a little over 2 pounds but not quite 3 pounds this week.

Happy
Did you have many customers at the Thrift Store? Glad that DH could make it to the bar and grill.

Laura
Wish there were some sort of public transportation that my niece could use. but in a way I don't mind doing this for her. and I get to stay in Branson with my sis for awhile. I'm ready to go back home.

Annie
Sorry you still feel bad.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #75  

Morning all.

Annie – Sorry you’re still feeling so lousy. Crummy to have to be at work, but maybe it’ll be a good distraction for you? Stay warm and hydrated and medicated!! Sending prayers that the meds will work this time around.

Susie – Nice you don’t have to drive to work every day – if I recall, you have a long commute, and it would be a real bear when it’s so snowy. You do work at home so much though, I don’t imagine it’s hard to sync your work schedule with your husband’s so you can commute together. == Good job keeping up with the exercise. == Re the kitchen plumbing issues – bf is a very handy sort and is actually doing some outside work as a handyman these days. So now he views the things that need to be done at home as opportunities for him to increase his experience. However, this particular experience has made him realize that he much prefers electrical work over plumbing work! == Your homemade pizza sounds so tasty. Well, except for the olives, lol. I’d like to get into the habit of making and freezing homemade pizza dough and having it on hand to make our own pizzas. Might have to make a batch this weekend.

Ceejay – Whoohoo on the WL! == Yeh, I’m looking forward to the milder temps that are coming our way. == It’s probably a nice change of pace for you to spend time at both your place and your sister’s place in Branson.

Happy – Hope the PT went well yesterday. I was going to wish you a happy bingo night, but that’s tomorrow. (This week is dragging for me.)

Shad – Are you ready for your company??

--
Nothing much to report. I’m hoping we’re at the end of this kitchen plumbing thing today. It seems that all the work done sets off a chain reaction that causes everything else to go off kilter. I chalk this up to our 60+ year old plumbing with various and sundry modifications over the years. Quite the nightmare for bf, and he is thanking his lucky (?) stars that this isn’t anything that's happened when he’s done work outside the house. But then again, he hasn’t worked in such an old house.

Tonight’s another Pilates class. For a week that’s dragging, it sure seems to have come around again very quickly.

That’s it for me, so I’ll post.