Old 01-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #91  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

What's going on? People losing interest here? I know I don't always make it in here either.

We got some snow yesterday - not as much as they predicted - it hit Minneapolis much harder than us but it was blowing quite a bit in the afternoon. We had one sale - for $1.06 all afternoon at the shop. Almost not worth going in and the manager said we could close early if I wanted to but I was already there and figured DH had his own plans for the afternoon so I stayed and worked on a brochure for the shelter that I said I would work on 2 years ago.

The arthritis is really killing me lately. Makes it hard to walk. Yesterday I walked across the street and 3 storefronts down to the bank to drop off the bank deposit. There was a couple of inches of snow over a slippery base of concrete but still, it was rough going on the knees. I'm going to talk to the therapist today - not sure if it's all arthritis or if the foot issues are making me walk funny which in turn is aggravating the knees too. Dang what I wouldn't give for a younger body that worked better. I'd even take back monthly cramps

I caught sight of my back end in a full length mirror yesterday and decided my standard winter outfit of stretch pants, a collared shirt and a pullover sweater is not as flattering as I thought. Although they did tell me yesterday that the blue sweater I had on played up my eyes nicely. I'm so tired of every waking thought being about food - what I'm eating, what I shouldn't be eating, when I'm eating yadda yadda. There is a new eating plan I am contemplating trying. It involves restricting your eating to 8 continuous hours a day and fasting during the other 16 (8 of which you'd be sleeping anyway). So for example you would eat only between 8am and 4pm. After 4pm you would not eat. You could drink but anything you did consume should be sugar free - ie. water, black coffee or tea. The thinking is that by stopping eating at 4pm, by the time you went to bed your food for the day would be all digested and any calories burned to maintain your resting rate would burn the fat in storage. During your eating hours, you can consume whatever you want but it's best to keep in mind to eat as healthy as possible. Back when I was 20 I did this - I've never been a breakfast eater but would go to this local restaurant where they had a great buffet and lunch would be my big meal of the day. When I'd get home I'd broil some whitefish and maybe have a small side salad. Doing this I went from a size 16 to a size 3. But that size 3 was very hard to maintain, I basically had to starve myself to hang on to it for the 2 years I did. However, I do think there is something ot the theory of quitting eating (or "closing the kitchen") after a certain time. I have gotten into the bad habit of not eating enough at dinner and then I look for something in the late evening. And I think late evening snacking is probably the hardest habit to break. I have lots of flavored teas - need to start having a cup of decaf in the evening. Last night we had some of the leftover French Onion soup - DH made himself a big bowl with a sandwich. I had a regular sized bowl and after I finished it I was not full but wasn't hungry enough for a sandwich. That was dumb because we ate at 5:30 and of course by 8pm I was looking for something else. I found that certain foods I can only eat durning the day, otherwise they will bother me at night with acid reflux. So that eliminated several possible choices. I wound up having an apple with some peanut butter. What I really need is to get back into a regular routine again. I am home more so there is no excuse for it. Sounds like someone needs a few whacks with Mel's cattle prod.

I'm sorry - just whiny because of so many days of feeling bad and clunky. Many of the people I know up here leave for the winter and go someplace warm. I wonder how they manage to afford that? It costs money to travel or maintain 2 homes. Especially when you are away from one of them for 4 to 6 months out of the year. I know how they afford them - it's what one of my friends calls being "choosy" about where they spend their money. Which means being very cheap in some regards so you have the money for something else. Or remarrying - this time to some guy who accumulated a pile of money and is willing to spend it on you. Seriously - that's true. I will say those kind of relationships aren't the happiest between the two either.

Laura - good to hear from you. Gads it's a pain to have to clear off the car before you head out to work. Always seems to take more time then you have - especially with a time table of catching a train. Too bad the weather turned cooler but that's what winter is supposed to be. When is the big office move supposed to happen?

Annie - hope you are feeling better.

Hellos to the rest of yous
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm upset with my niece and the dog. I'm going to tell her tonight that she needs to be diligent in taking the dog out side to do his business in the morning. Not to wait the last 5 minutes. He was excited this morning, and didn't do all his business and I got to clean it up when I got back home. One of these day I'm going to blow my stack in swivel as daddy used to say, meaning temper. Thinking about setting the clock up 10 minutes for both my sis and niece. Sis is about as bad.
I've been to the gym at the Rec Plex and rode the bike for 20 minutes and walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #93  

Happy
Glad that you got to visit the kitties. I saw that new way of eating on Dr Oz. the other day. I've always done better if I didn't eat a heavy meal after a certain time of day. I'm going to start having a salad at 6.30 p.m.and then go lighter after that. I still like using my Fitbit though. I cheated coming down to the lobby at the Rex Plex today because my knee almost gave way on me going up the stairs.

Laura
All we got was heavy rain. We need all the moisture we can get. It was very dry last summer.

I need to get back out and go to the grocery store. I decided to drive around a little deeper in Branson this morning but I still didn't find where I wanted to go. Then I forgot about going to the grocery store. Okay, made up my mind to set the clocks up 5 to 10 minutes and see how this will go this week. Until they figure out what I've done.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #94  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Sorry for MIA.

Actually I went home early on Friday. 102 temp. Straight to doc on Sat morning. Pneumonia. Correct meds. First day back to work. Still hacking but no longer phlegm with blood. What a nightmare this has been.

Recovery Rocks!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #95  
Choose your hard

Hi all,

Annie - thank you for checking in. I was starting to get worried because you last post talked about how you had gotten sicker. That is really scary about the pneumonia - are you really well enough to be back at work already? This is just doggone frightening.

Ceejay - ugh about having to clean up after the dog. I hope you niece can be more responsible about that in the future. That is one reason DH was never keen on us having a dog - at least with a cat they have their own bathroom and can go as they please. That's funny how you went out to go to the store and then got sidetracked. I swear there is something being pumped in the air - we are all getting forgetful it seems. Or at least easily distracted.

Yesterday I had a good session with the physical therapist. I am in just about crippling pain with the arthritis - my knee is giving out and everything is so stiff. So ... I know now that it's up to ME to take control of my health and not depend on anyone else to figure things out for me. So we started with a conversation in which I asked if given the pain in my foot, is that creating / contributing to the problems I have with my knees and walking? She showed me how when the foot turns in as mine does, it twists the knee also putting a strain in the exact inside part of the knees that is giving me so much trouble. I am being very good about wearing the arch supports the podiatrist gave me but I am currently wearing a pair of NurseMates shoes inside the house. I like the NurseMates line because they are cushy and made for people who are on their feet all the time. They are also wide and can accomodate the arch supports I have. But they are a slip on shoe style. I asked PT if perhaps I should try a tie up shoe style - will that hold my foot in a more neutral position? She agreed. As we were talking she was feeling my foot - the plantar band on the bottom was very tight and painful. It went up the back of my leg all the way to my calf. She had to massage the muscle which was quite painful as it was so tightly knotted. But I left with some exercises to help correct this. I also need to spend some time each day walking the stairs between the first and second floors of my house to strengthen the knees again. I am not going to let this get the best of me and am determined to do what I need to in order to get better, not worse. I cannot afford to go someplace warmer for the winter!

Today I have yoga. The days seem to get away from me. Yesterday we both went to physical therapy. Afterwards we stopped at the small taco shop for lunch and when we came home DH wanted a nap because he was all relaxed he said from his PT session. I called my Mom and chatted for a while, fixed dinner, put away this week's Hello Fresh box, made dinner (bbq pork sandwiches with a quick pickled cucumber and some slaw made from cabbage, shredded carrot and scallions). I watched a few shows I had recorded and boom, the night was over. I almost wish I didn't have to leave the house today. I have to put away my Christmas stuff and there are 2 piles I want to tackle. Need to leave myself a note for when I return!

Hello Susie, Laura and Shad. On with the day.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:36 PM   #96  

Morning all. Today’s my Thursday!

Happy – A little snow a few times in the winter is enough for me, and it can be very pretty. Though I do feel bad for the kids who want to go sledding, build snowmen, etc. I follow a fb page for my village – not an official page - and laughed when they posted a photo of the kids sledding in the park on MLK day last week. What was funny is that the photo showing all the kids sledding also included the sign at the top of the hill that stated “no sledding”. == Sorry to hear that the arthritis is bothering you so much. Are you still on the vitamin/supplement regimen that is supposed to help with that? I’m glad you talked with the therapist about what you can do to help yourself. At this point, it needs to be job #1! I totally agree about lace up shoes being better than slip-ons. I did dental assisting part time in college and I had a pair of NurseMates – soooo comfy! == LOL, re the stretch pants not being flattering. Going a step further - the admin and I snark about women who wear leggings without a top long enough to cover their rearend. I myself will wear yoga pants around the house but haven’t taken the step of wearing them anywhere outside the house other than to a fitness class. == As for only eating during an 8-hour period…wouldn’t work for me. I don’t like to skip breakfast, and if I ate one giant meal at lunchtime, I’d be too sleepy to work after that. Bf and I do tend to eat rather late dinners, but that really can’t be avoided. At least that eliminates most snacking after dinner. In fact, I think eating dinner too early would have me doing too much snacking. == I don’t think two homes are necessary to be a snowbird. Wouldn’t it be possible to get away for just the worst two months of winter by doing a rental of some sort? == The office move is scheduled for November 1st.

Ceejay – I like your idea of setting the clocks ahead, hopefully it’ll help you get out of the house without too much last minute rushing. However... the way everyone uses their cell phones to tell time, I don’t think the effectiveness of your ploy will last very long.

Annie – Oh dear, pneumonia! Indeed, what a nightmare. I hope you’re out of the woods with this very soon.

Shad – I did a quick check of the weather in your area and it looks like it’s still very warm – high 80’s. Hope you’re able to sleep well at night without paying out your pension to the electric company due to high a/c bills!

Susie - Saw your fb photo wearing the hippo necklace. Cute necklace, and you’re looking great sister! Re Fiona and all the attention – humans think we’re the only beings that matter on this earth, or at least the most important. But every living thing and all the other elements of this planet contribute somehow to its balance and it’s important to know this and address it. Zoos serve an excellent role in this. And like you said, the joy Fiona brings has tremendous value as well

==

Nothing exciting for me to report. Well, except that the storage drawer under our oven was jammed. Last night I tried to open it to get our pizza stone out (we wanted to bake a frozen pizza for dinner) and it wouldn’t open!! Too much stuff stored in there haphazardly, dang it! After a while of trying to figure out how to deal with it, we eventually pulled out the stove and tilted it backward. We heard the stuff in the drawer shift and ‘lo and behold, the drawer was able to be opened. We have now neatly nested all the baking sheets and stacked everything so that it all fits properly. Going forward we’ll have to be careful how we put things back in there, not just put them in haphazardly.

Tonight’s Pilates class.

That’s it for me, buh bye.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #97  

Annie
Oh my, pneumonia. Seems like a lot of people know are getting that. Please take care of yourself.

Happy
I did have a little chat with the niece about the incident. She did better this morning. They are both good animals.
Glad that you had a good discussion with the physical therapist.

Laura
Glad that you had some one to help tilt the stove and that things came loose to open the drawer.
I've been one day to the gym this week. Ugh.

Posting this so I will not lose it.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #98  

Didn't do a lot this morning. Drove into Springfield from Branson to pick up a rx that they didn't have ready Saturday. Wish I had waited till Friday but I wanted to get some other shoes. I don't have a comfortable pair any more. I've bought several but they some how don't feel right.
Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. I hate to say this but I haven't been to the dentist in years. I'm terrified of them. But like Happy I want to start taking care of myself.
The different setting on the clock is working so far. Sis got out the door a few minutes before 8 and niece got up a few minutes earlier to take care of the dog.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #99  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Quick note to state that I am still alive. Just crazy busy at the moment. So much to do in and around the house and it is still stinking hot. It's more in the high 90s than 80s. There hasn't been any rain to speak of since Christmas. So the ground is hard and dry and I have to try to water frequently to ensure not everything dies.

A close friend has been diagnosed with oesophageal cancer and is now receiving treatment. Luckily like me he was diagnosed early, and the early signs are that it hasn't spread. So he will be getting chemo shortly, they were to insert a pick line yesterday along with the laparoscopy to ensure it hadn't spread. He is to have at least six doses, 3 prior to his big op to remove the tumour and part of his oesophagus and stomach and 3 after to ensure all the malignant cells are gone. I guess I will be doing some visiting on the north side of town which is not going to be fun getting there. I always get lost over there.

Painting is nearly done in the laundry. Just a couple of doors to do. DS2 put in the second floor to ceiling cabinet and we now have the bracket to hang the dryer on the wall. Not that I use it much, but it is there and handy if it EVER GETS AROUND TO RAINING again. I will get the nephew back to do a little more tiling when all the cabinets are in and then DS2 will finish the lighting. All takes time, but when you get it for free, you don't fret about that.

No dog today or until probably Wednesday next week due to DS2 having his RDO today instead of Friday - Friday is Australia Day. Then he will be working a split shift Monday and Monday night and have Tuesday sleeping that off. It will be good to be able to just get on with things and not worry about Ruger and where he is and what he is doing.

With that, I'd better go and get on with breakfast, make out my list, take off as many clothes as possible and still look reasonably decent - it's already 29C (88F) inside the house. Time to turn on fans etc. I refuse to use the a/c while I am going in and out of the house all day.

Back with personals later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:29 PM   #100  

Height: 5'7"

Hello! This will be short but wanted to pop in, read and catch up and let you know that I'm alive.

This week has been brutal with work things. I worked at home on Monday night from 7 to 11:30 p.m. after working all day. Yesterday I was in the office from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.!

I just got finished working for about an hour this evening; my Director is in Singapore and he asked me to log back in around 10:30 so we could go over some things he needed.

He is traveling at least a few days every week in February and we needed to make changes once again to his travel scheduled which then moves his calendar all around. There are some big confidential things happening and it is causing a lot of rework and new work.......all I can do is what I can to.

I haven't gotten to work out at all this week and I will miss TOPS tomorrow night but that is ok as I think I would have been up a bit. I'll get through this week and then back to exercise.

The weekend is looking crazy. A co-worker who is a good friend, lost her father this week. A year ago she lost her mother at the same time. The memorial service is on Saturday. I had a hair appointment on Saturday but got it changed to tomorrow evening. Usually I wouldn't miss TOPS but my hair needs done...so I'm making a choice.

I will have to get back and do personals but I do want to tell Annie that I am glad she went to the doctor! Pneumonia is nothing to mess with!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #101  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Just checking in. Feeling OK is about all I can say. A little more energy however was totally beat last night after working all day. Still coughing up gunk, no red. That is a positive. Work has me going crazy. Lots of fires and some days I have no water to put them out. bleh.

HAPPY...hope your aches and pains are worth the PT. My goodness I feel for you. Momma was in a lot of pain with her arthritis also. Then one day after about 10 years all the pain went away. Weird. Doc said sometimes that happens. No real explanation as to why. Probably could google it and figure it out.

SUSIE...peace sister and hope work levels out and you can get back to you.

LAURA...wow on the stove drawer. I have drawers at home like that not to mention my desk drawers at work. bah.

CEEG...glad things are better with animals and niece. Good talk! Communication is the key.

SHADDIE...I don't know how you can stand the heat with no air con on. Not me sister, I am all about comfort.

Stay healthy.

hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:45 AM   #102  

Annie
I hated days when their was to many fires to deal with especially when you are sick. I fully understand about being tired after you worked all day and being sick.

Susie
Girl you have to much on your plate but sounds like you are getting things accomplished.

Shad
Stay as cool as you can.

---------
I have a dentist appointment this afternoon. Getting a bit antsy over it cause I haven't been in a very long time.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:14 PM   #103  
Choose your hard

Good morning girls,

I guess I have evidence that I have lost my durn mind. DH noticed on the calendar I made up that I got his birthday wrong. Our anniversary is the 5th and his birthday is the 6th and for YEARS I keep thinking his birthday is the 5th Then I have this coming Monday marked as a cooking class and chef was talking to DH on FB and said he has to cancel class TONIGHT because he has the flu. DUH - I had the WRONG day on the class. It IS tonight. Or actually WAS because he had to cancel it. I would have missed it completely and he was serving one of my favorite dishes of his. Also weird that I would book a class on a bingo night but I think this semester all his classes in my town were on Thursday. Then when I was at yoga I received a call from PT that they finally got my order to treat the vertigo. Which was good because I had a really difficult time at yoga - the moves really made me nauseated and I had to sit out part of class. So I made the appointment for tomorrow and just as I was hanging up I asked which therapist I'd be seeing. She said Dr. X and I thanked her and hung up. Then I thought - there's no Dr. X at the hospital physical therapy clinic Turns out that the doctor's office faxed the order to the WRONG physical therapy place. I told them SPECIFICALLY that I was currently going to the hospital clinic. Now it's rather stupid that we have 2 distinctly separate clinics that are named almost the exact same name. But still - I told the girl the HOSPITAL clinic which is in the same complex as the doctor's office. I have had problems with this desk person before - she does not listen or pay attention and always screws up the message. I was going to have them re-fax the order to the right clinic but hopefully this is a one time treatment and I decided I will stick with the other place tomorrow and just get it done with. This is why Annie and Susie work as hard as they do - they are the lone competent ones in a sea of ding dongs.

I have a bunch of things to remember today. I got to yoga early yesterday and the teacher is always asking us about how we feel and our medical issues and concerns and stuff. One of the reasons she is so good is because she is very interested in the body and is always trying to learn things. We talked a while about my foot and the mechanics of how the various body parts work together. I showed her some of the stretching exercises and she showed me a few and asked if I'd ask the PT if those are constructive or destructive which I thought was a good idea. I was also talking to J when another student came in. This lady is nice but is a real ding a ling and she is one of those who comes in and totally interrupts your conversation and starts talking about her interests. J and I were talking about how my foot pronates - collapses inwards and how that knocks your knees out of whack and how you need to get the foot back to a neutral position. So C stands up and asks what is pronate? We show her. She does not have this issue so she exaggerates a movement on her foot and then looks up and says WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO WALK THIS WAY??? We said it's NOT that you WANT to walk this way, it's a medical problem with the collapse of the structure of the foot Oh.... So then she started talking about her new wool socks.

Annie - glad you are no longer COUGHING UP BLOOD OMG - was that because you were coughing so hard and breaking capillaries in your throat? I hope you will drink some honey lemon tea to sooth that poor throat. I liked you comment about lots of fires, no water to put them out. Sadly - so true. Gee, wouldn't that be wonderful if we could wake up one day with no pain? My dream is to wake up one morning actually feeling refreshed instead of feeling like I went to sleep 30 minutes earlier and also stretch and bounce out of bed with energy and excitement. NGH - not gonna happen Take care of yourself - hope you get to feeling better before you get slapped with another round of yuckness. Maybe people will leave you alone at work today so that they don't catch what you have and then you can have a peaceful day.

Susie - how awful with all that extra time you are putting in. What is it that you are doing when they keep changing things? Do you have to reschedule meetings with other people? Arrange for transportation? Set up lunches? I can't even fathom trying to deal with something that is half way around the world. Not to mention the time differences. Be careful you don't get all run down yourself. I smiled because they showed Fiona on our local news. And believe me, they hardly ever show anything outside of the Duluth area (where the news originates from) - our town gets a passing nod once in a great while and they don't even talk about Minneapolis. So to get a news story from - oh horrors - ANOTHER STATE that we don't border - WOW that's news She is so cute - I can see when she has captured everyone's hearts. Make sure you take care of yourself also with your busy work life.

Shad - good to hear from you. Sorry about your friend with the cancer. My bingo partner and the thrift shop manager had the same issue - part of the esophagus and stomach removed. He said he should have died it was so advanced but ... he's still here kicking around. Just has a sensitivity to spicy/acidic foods and also things like hamburgers which he cannot attribute any special sensitivity to - just bothers him. Also he is very thin, can't eat a lot but is otherwise healthy. So I hope it turns out well for your friend too. Looks like if Ruger is out of the house you can tackle more painting without fear of additional texture of animal fur Gads - I am with Annie - those are too warm of temps not to have the a/c on. But it's all in regards to what you are used to. I will melt in your land and you will freeze in mine. About the time you are ready to put on a jumper is just perfect weather for us. I do hope you get some rain soon - comes a point where the dry ground just gets rock hard and when you do get rain, it rolls off justs like it was wetting concrete. I suppose the garden is suffering for this too.

Ceejay - one of the most annoying things has to be buying shoes. So many of them feel ok for an hour or two and then boom - very uncomfortable. I do like the NurseMates line of shoes - or New Balance. I suppose if you live in a big enough city you can find a shoe store that has them - I need to get all my stuff online. Good luck at the dentist. I need to make an appointment to fix my chipped tooth. I admit I hate going too - my teeth are really sensitive and my mouth opening is really small (cramping) so going to the dentist is NEVER a pleasant experience. If it wasn't so far away, I'd go to the expensive place in Duluth where they sedate you completely and when you wake up, everything is done

Laura - that's really funny about the photo with the NO SLEDDING sign in the background They were showing pictures on the news of little kids in the south sledding on just a dusting of snow. Poor kids don't know the joy of real snow fun! Yes, you are right about women who wear leggings as a substitute for pants. I'm sure they don't know what they look like from the back. Even if they are super thin, not a good look. As far as the snowbirding goes, all the people that I know who tried a warmer place rented for 1 or 2 years and then eventually bought a place. To rent will cost $2200 - $3000 a month in the warmer climates over the winter. Then you have transportation, lugging your stuff back and forth and the cost of the drive. So most people buy a condo or small house. I just can't fathom living right on top of one another in these places in the crowded cities. Ugh. Yikes on the stove drawer - good thing you didn't break anything. Our pizza stone has a metal/wire handle and we have to be careful with it - it always seems to catch on other stuff.

Best get this posted now. Later chicks.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #104  

Afternoon all. Sunny and in the 40’s, so I’m glad for that. I’m hoping all the icy bits on my commute route between home and the train station are melting. I walked home very cautiously in the dark last night and was fine. This morning I walked and because it was light out, I could tell how icy it really was and was even more careful.

Ceejay – Glad things are good with your sis, niece, and the animals. Let it continue! I hope your dentist appointment goes well. Be brave and just do it. This is important!

Shad – I’m sorry to hear about your friend being diagnosed with cancer. I wish him well with his treatments. == Sounds like quite a drought going on by you. You need to do a rain dance. We are short on snowfall in my area this winter.

Susie – Sorry you’re having such a crazy busy work week with all those extra hours. If I recall correctly, at least you will get OT pay for that.

Annie – I bet you’ll be glad to have the weekend to rest up and recover some more. Hang in there!!

Happy – What’s that saying – “Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.” (P.S. I thought that was just a bumper sticker, but I took a quick look online and it turns out Mark Twain said it.) Anyway, can’t blame you for occasionally getting appointment dates/times wrong because you have so much going on. But forgetting your hub’s bday…oops. == Sorry the vertigo is interfering with yoga. I recall that happening to me when I was taking a yogalaties class a few years ago. == Oh, the rents are expensive for just one or two months! And I imagine owners want to rent for at least 3 or 4 months and not just two months. If I were to buy a second home for snowbirding purposes, one of the two homes would have to be very modest and low maintenance. == We have racks for both our round and rectangle baking stones, but we don’t keep either of them in that storage drawer. I think they’re in the pantry. And we never even use them! Dunno why, because it sure would make it easier to take the stone off the oven rack! Doh!

==
Pilates was good last night. Tired me out and I’m a wee bit sore today. That said, I plan to go to the circuit class tonight.

Coming up on one year since that stress fracture. I’ve decided I’ll go try on a pair of those Dansko shoes and see if they’d be helpful for me. Otherwise my foot is generally okay, but still not 100%. Still plenty of things I don’t do because of it – run across the street before the traffic light changes, lunges, go down a step with the bad foot first… Walking is okay, though I haven’t done all that much of it lately. Yesterday and today, my bunion on that foot is bothering me more than the fracture. Always something.

I have a vacation day tomorrow. I think I’m going to take it easy. I’ll probably go to the mall because they have a store that sells the Dansko shoes. I’ll try on a pair and see how they feel. I need new shoes for work and they need to work with my problem foot.

Otherwise, no firm plans for tomorrow. On Saturday I have my hair appointment. On Sunday is breakfast with my friend D. This was postponed from a couple weeks ago. She didn’t say why she postponed it, but I’m a bit put out about it because I have a feeling it’s because she wanted to watch all the playoff football games with her bf. He got her into a fantasy football league and now she’s all about football. Don’t know why I get angry. I’ve known for a long time that if there’s a man involved, the friends come second…

Okay, better get this posted.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #105  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Annie - so pleased to hear that you are on the mend. You need a dose of our heat to get rid of the crud completely.
As for the air con, power is so expensive here now that I'd rather sweat a little than get a heart attack on the receipt of the bill. When the DS2 and his partner were here, the power bill was always humongous due to her having the aircon on freezing day and night and also leaving lights on all over the house. I had to put their rent up due to the power bill. These days it is much more manageable although I might have a bit of a rise when the next one comes. Prices have been increased AGAIN and I have used the air con from time to time. Especially at night.
Sorry you are having to continually fight fires at the office - must be a relief to get home at night.

Ceejay

IM SO STUPID. I should know that this site is unstable. I tried to do something else at the same time and now everything but this has gone. Back later with the rest of the personals.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote