Old 01-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #46  

Morning all. Nice and mild here today, but it’s rainy. Still a welcome change. But... the cold is coming back tonight. I’m worried about the ice that will form from the precip we’re getting.

Susie – Enjoy your work at home day today. Fingers for a good TOPS WI. You’ve worked hard, so I’m sure you’ll get a good result.

Annie – Were the sautéed veggies from the Chinese place a special order, or is that was on their menu? My own experience with American Chinese food is that it’s always in some kind of sauce, so getting basic stir-fried veggies is not an easy thing at these places. I still like having Chinese every once in a while (yum, egg drop soup), but I really prefer Thai – lighter and fresher. == Good that someone – C. – benefits from the crummy super cold temps. == Good for you to be prepared to work at home tomorrow. I’ll have to check our forecast and might bring the laptop home just in case… == Yeh, glad the decorations are down for the year. Oh, and bf took down the outdoor decorations yesterday while the temps are mild. Glad that's done too. It felt silly to still have the "Merry Christmas" one up. The snowflake and penguin were quite winter-like and not really holiday, but overall, they were up long enough for me. And in the winter, you have to get the outdoor decorations down on those rare mild days or you'll be stuck with leaving them up for longer than you want.

Happy – Have you had your PT and foot massage yet? How’d it go? == Did you go back to yoga class? -- Hope you have a good bingo night tonight.

Ceejay – Looks like you’re already getting the snow that’s coming my way in the next day or so. Be careful out on the roads!!

Shad – Has it cooled down at all in your area? I hope you’ve been able to make progress on the painting. I bet you look forward to getting it done and not having to worry about the furries leaving their mark behind on the freshly painted surfaces.

~~

My “check-in” yesterday went horribly. I’ve already whined and ranted about it with the admin, who also had her check-in yesterday (and was also unhappy), so I won’t go into it here.

My Pilates class last night was good. This instructor is now teaching both the Monday and Wednesday Pilates classes and I wonder what happened to the old Monday instructor, I think her name was Cathy. Cathy was really good, and packed a lot of work into her classes. The only things I didn’t like about her class were (1) that it was on Monday (not a good day for me) and (2) that her class was usually very full and you had to arrive early to get a decent spot. The current instructor who has always done the Wednesday class is very different – much more slow-paced and it’s more of a relaxing experience. That’s probably what I need right about now because it’s less challenging and I’m essentially starting way back at the beginning. I need the time to improve my balance and get the strength back into my core.

Before class I paid for my group fitness class pass. I only got 10 classes this time around. The classes I plan to take (Circuit) are held on Thursday or Saturday (it’s also on Monday, but not at a time I can make it to). I’m not thrilled to do a class on Wed (Pilates) and another the very next day. However, it’s not like they’re the same type of workout, so I might go ahead and do Wed and Thurs. I prefer to do a home workout on Saturday. I mean, I get up early and out the door five days a week for work. I’d like to not do it on Saturday as well. I’m such a whiner.

Okay, I just remembered I have to reschedule my hair appointment - it was supposed to be next Saturday, but the salon left a message that something came up and I’ll have to reschedule. So I’m off to post and make the call. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #47  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks,

Started a post yesterday and never got around to finishing it. We didn't get the big snowstorm they were predicting which is good but it did get really warm and rainy last night and the temps will steadily drop through the day to the deep freeze again - low of minus 17 tomorrow so the wet rain on the existing snowpack has just made for rather treacherous road conditions. They closed the Senior Center today and wisely decided to cancel bingo tonight. So I can stay in all day. I do have to call and reschedule my PT - they set them up for exactly the days I said NOT TO. And they told me they set me up for 12:30 tomorrow and when I checked online - the appointment is at 1Pm for 45 minutes. That won't work as I have book club tomorrow. It's bad enough that we only have a few people interested in book club and of that, a couple have already made excuses to not show up so I am going to try my best to be there.

Yesterday was yoga again. I haven't been there since last May so it's been a long time. After my knee surgery I was compromised with a lot of movements and instead of enjoying yoga, all I was thinking was that this is hard or I can do that - all negative things. I decided yesterday that I was going to change my approach. Instead of focusing on what I can't do I will treat this as my very first yoga class - one in which I will learn new things and it will take time to develop the flexibility that comes with practice. It went much better. My first goal was to get back on the floor again - I had to use 2 thick blankets to kneel down on and getting up was harder than getting down but I did it. Good thing because 1/3 of our session was on the floor. Joan has the most wonderful soothing voice - it's calming and relaxing. I did notice but was not surprised that I am really tight so the yoga was just what I needed. I did go in the hot tub last night because it was mild outside - 33 degrees and we are getting down to the subzero again so yesterday was a perfect night to get in the tub. Today everything was achy - partially a bit from the workout and a lot because of the weather moving in I'm sure.

Tuesday we had an unplanned out to dinner. I asked our favorite Italian restaurant to consider making tortellini again figuring they would make it for a weekend special. Instead they made it Tortellini Tuesday. I felt we had to go because they had accommodated our request. Their soup of the day was a heavenly mushroom soup. I have never had such a delicious soup in my life. I told the owner THIS is why people eat mushrooms. It was so good I got an extra cup for take out to eat with lunch one day. I only ate half the pasta and had the other half last night with some seared scallops I made from our Sam's Club run. I fixed DH a steak from the Hello Fresh box and used this incredible compound butter with blackened seasoning that we got from Sam's Club with the fish. I just had a taste and even I liked it. Wish I knew how they made it as they offer it as an accompaniment to the fish and don't sell it separately. Tonight since I will be home I am looking forward to making the meatloaf from the Hello Fresh box. Right now I am eating a new apple I picked up at the store this week - Evercrisp. It's a cross between a Honeycrisp and a Fuji apple. Sweet but crispy and sturdy. Yum. So far I am doing better on my intentions to drink more water and incorporate more fruits and vegetables back into my diet. Now I need to work on the exercise part. I am better at getting on and keeping food on track than exercise.

Laura - I'm sorry your check in went badly. I always hated those, never seemed to serve a reasonable purpose. That sucks that everyone gets the same raise although I guess if EVERYONE gets a bonus at your place then rewarding the increase through the bonus makes sense. It also saves the company a TON of money because your pension increase, payroll taxes and ultimate benefits go off your salary base. So if they pay you extra through your bonus - that keeps other costs lower. It's a trick they play. I get you on spreading out the exercise classes. I would much prefer to have them a few days apart, and it's even better if they work different areas. I don't like the overly crowded classes either - I remembered yesterday I have to get to yoga at least 30 minutes ahead of time if I want a cherished spot in the back row of the room. At least we don't have that big guy we did last year who was a type A macho guy and big enough to obliterate our view of the teacher no matter where we stood.

Just looked out the window - heavy snow now. Maybe we will get more than I thought after all. The winds kicked up substantially too - whiteout conditions for sure. Glad they cancelled bingo after all because the way it looks now, I would not want to be heading out into this.

Annie - thanks for the tip before P/T tomorrow. They said the same thing with ibuprofen before the knee therapy. There are several people up here who hang the icicle lights from their roof and leave them on for a good part of the winter. At least through February. I think they consider it a bright decoration to cheer up the dreary winter. Sooooo. Since you are not the typical kind to stock up on milk and bread for sandwiches during a winter storm - what DO you hoard at the store when it's supposed to be icy and snowy out??? I myself was thinking cans of soup something you could easily heat on the stove and would keep you warm. I was a little nervous with this storm because they were talking the potential to lose power. Never want to lose power in winter. It's not so bad in the summer time except for us we need the well working (and power) in order to get water running to use the toity and other such wet things. Glad C is doing better. This is the worst flu I remember. One of my yoga friends was hospitalized - everyone who has gotten sick has gotten really sick. And now they were reporting on the news yesterday that a factory that makes most of the plastic IV bags hospitals use is based in Puerto Rico and obviously has not been producing for the last 100 days since the hurricane hit. They are having shortages and giving people Gatorade instead of IV saline. Gatorade tastes like crap - good thing you are sick and can't taste it I thought it was kind of funny that they showed a clip of a nurse trying to get an elderly patient to drink his Gatorade. SHe was using that tone of voice that was half Mom, half Authority figure and part frustration because he was NOT having any part of it.

Susie - yay for work from home days. Especially in bad weather. I was looking at my Oil of Olay cream I just bought - pricey stuff!!! And I saw it was made by your company. I hope you get some real deals in the employee store. Considering the wealth of products your company makes. I know you will do well with getting back in focus on the weight front again. I have not had a chance to see C at the senior center to find out if she wants to start a TOPS group. Hoping she does That's a bummer that DH found there to be too many mushrooms in the Hello Fresh box. I feel that way about potatoes on the regular plan so I am giving them to DH and making brussel sprouts, cauliflower or sugar snap peas for me. I looked at other plans - you might like other subscription services - they had lots of vegetables you and I would eat but not so much on the DH love of food menu I think. I was hoping this could be an easy answer to getting dinner ready quickly on your super busy schedule. I do love a good waffle with fruit - enjoy!!! As for the dryer - I clean the screen each and every time and I often clean the insides with a lint brush but since ours vents into the 3 season room and I do use it as a room heater - I can tell you that the lint really accumulates fast - the super fine stuff. I have to regularly vacumn the floor and hot tub cover with super fine dust and I have a cover on the end of the metal exhaust hose that catches lint too. So just plan on having it regularly cleaned out.

Ceejay - I am tempted to try that DNA thing because from what I understand I am Slovak and Polish exclusively so I always wondered if they would throw more ethnic groups in there for fun or just to make it interesting. Isn't that test kind of pricey? That was cool that it showed Native American and you know that to be true.

Shaddie - I could use some of your excessive heat if you'd like to share. How is the painting coming along?

Good thing DH is taking a nap now - he will have his work cut out for him cleaning off the snow. It's good that he likes the John Deere snowblower on the tractor. And he got the store to send him a replacement for the snowblower for the deck so that helps the effort too.

I am waiting for DH to wake up so I can go through the rooms, tidy up and make noise cleaning before my ambition leaves me. Should make some time to go in the basement on the NuStep too.

This has taken me long enough to type so I will post now.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #48  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

Didn't get as much snow as predicted but now the winter blast round 2 blew into town. Going to be very cold the next few days. We stayed home all day yesterday - will see how the roads are this morning as I have an early morning therapy appointment for my foot. Then I have to head out again in the afternoon for a book club meeting. It's our first - we will see how long this lasts...

Nothing of any excitement planned for the weekend either. Will just hunker down and stay home and keep warm.

Just wanted to check in - will check back later today. Have a good one!
Old 01-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #49  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Cold rainy, freezing rain, snow, wind...glad to be working from home in my sweats. Mid 20s outside. zero by Monday, which is a company holiday for me. MLK day. C is sleeping in next to me as I work from home in our room laying on the bed. Too noisy in the kitchen. Open floor plan so all the noise in living room exists. Nearly all the schools are closed today which makes for Jacob being home. Sam has no babysitting kids as all their parents are staying home also. Still spitting freezing rain at the moment and supposed to turn to complete snow by about 11 am. Two to four inches possible accumulation. Anne Hoh, 8410 NEWS channel bleh!! lol

Sam and I splurged on Rod Stewart/Cindy Lauper tickets. I really don't like attending concerts and especially at Klipsch music center (outdoor venue plus terrible traffic getting there. One road out one road in. She wanted to go and I am the only one she want to go with. She said she would work on paying for my ticket. 78 bucks. I hope so. I just don't like crowds, rude strange people and traffic enough to attend such a mess. I do like RS and CL enough to go with her.

Feeling a bit tired for the past couple of weeks. Took me that long to figure out I am probably low on iron, Started taking a double dose of iron yesterday. I can already tell a difference. Don't know why it takes me that long to figure it out. Duh blondie.

HAPPY...Glad you have a better attitude toward yoga. Hopefully you can enjoy it. Hope you get your PT appts straightened out.

WIll post more personals in a bit.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #50  

Morning everyone. We’re down by about 35 degrees from yesterday, but I’m relieved we've missed the precipitation that others are getting (Happy, Annie, Susie?). And TGIF!

Annie – I’m so glad you’re working from home today – sounds like a big, dangerous mess out there. == Nice you have a holiday on Monday for MLK Day. It probably feels like your weekend has already begun just by being home and comfortable and WARM and let’s not forget the time you saved by not commuting. Good that your company lets you do that. – I don't have MLK day off, but the boss is taking a vacation day and that's just as good. His wife is a teacher, so I’m sure he’s syncing up with her day off. I’m glad to be rid of him for a day. == Nice to have the concert to look forward to. I think you just need to know that you’ll do what you can to avoid the bad traffic, and then getting settled in once you’re there so you don’t have to battle the crowds. Otherwise, it’s nice to look forward to the event and the warmer weather.

Happy – I’m glad they cancelled bingo and you were inside and not out on the hazardous roads. == Good for you getting to yoga the other day. We’ve got to keep moving! The progress will come, but it’s so good to just do what you can do and be in the moment with it. Enjoy it for what it is. It’s a joy to have good instructors, isn’t it? == I hope your foot therapy goes well today and you didn’t have any issues on the road. == Book club – nice. What book did the group read for its first? I’m always interested in what people are reading.

Hey Ceejay, how’s it going? I hope all is well and you’re enjoying the quality time with your niece while driving her to and from work. Stay safe!!

Hellos to the rest of you and everyone have a great weekend!!
==

Nothing exciting to report.

I got over to CVS at lunchtime yesterday to pick up some basics. I had some "extra bucks" to use before they expired, and I also had a couple coupons, so it was a good deal. Bought doubles of everything, so I’m set up for a bit now.

I didn’t go to the Circuit class last night. I might go tomorrow morning – it doesn’t start until 9 so it gives me time to wake up and lounge around before heading out.

The only firm plan I have this weekend is breakfast with a friend on Sunday. Otherwise, we’ll see what mom might need. Oh, and I’m still thinking about picking up that mini-greenhouse from the home improvement place.

Okay, I’ll get this posted and back to biz.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning,
I took my niece to work this morning and decided to go work out at the Rec Plex. My Silver Sneakers membership is paying for it so why not. Walked 20 minutes and rode the bike for 25 minutes. Told sis that I would go back with her tonight if she wants to go. I can do the weight machines.
So thankful that our winter storm didn't materialize as predicted. I can't drive these hills. I can handle the 18 degrees.
I've decided not to pay for the premium in mfp and just use the Fit Bit for logging my food.
-----------------------------------------------------
Happy
When I went to the gym this morning I saw a NU Step. I'm not sure if I could do that machine. Good for you in going to Yoga and not being hard on yourself. You can watch for sales on those DNA kits. They've had them on sale.

Susie
The DNA test did not tell us which tribe we are from just that I was native American. My dad always told us that we had Indian blood and my sis has done our ancestry and found that we were from the Powhatan tribe. It's all very interesting.

Laura
Don't blame you for driving, It's to cold to walk. Do you still do the fitness DVD's on the day's you don't go to the RC Plex?

Annie
I don't like the taste of Chinese food. It may be the spices they use.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #52  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all
Getting this done before I get up and go do something unexciting like hanging the laundry out or sanding doors. It's been so hot lately that all I really want to do is sleep and that means I don't get to sleep at night. Bah humbug. Getting old ain't much fun. Anyway, we are still in the land of the heatwave. Hasn't been below 35 for over 11 days now and no rain either. Only once or twice have we had the really bad humidity but it really isn't much fun outside right now. Hoping for cooler weather after the weekend. 35C not 35F - I wish 35C is around 100F. I find that I have to get out at around 4.30 in the morning in order to get things done outside. Most of my neighbours don't care for lawn mowers, trimmers or chain saws at that time and I can't blame them for that. So I pull out weeds, check the yard, water and do the lawns late in the afternoon. You have to do them quick otherwise the Aussie Mossie (mosquito) gets you then. Nights are not much better - temps being in the high 20's not conducive to a good sleep so you have to turn the aircon on.

The laundry main painting is done, just trim and two doors to go. Another lot of cabinets will arrive next week and the bracket for hanging the dryer on the wall should be here then too. After that it will be a matter of lower cabinets, sink and the splashback. It's taking time but will look good when it is finished I hope. Never sure until the last nail, screw, tile or paint goes on. I've made a start on painting in the hall as well. And then I will have to learn how to lay the new floor boards and attach the trim there. It will take some time, but I don't have to rely on anyone else to do that, and I made a start on the bedroom wall as well. Eventually the entire house will be painted and decorated. I'm taking it in stages.
I have family coming to stay on the 19th and 20th of January and I would like the laundry done by then and part of the hall. Their bedroom they have been warned about. But all this depends on the heat. Let's hope it lets up soon.

Laura - good for you for going back to exercise. I'm sort of doing a bit here since my back is hurting again. It's the Osteo-arthritis in the lower spine. It seems to improve if I move around rather than sitting or lying so I sort of thought that yoga exercises might be a good idea. I'm toying with the idea of the crunches exercise as well since that seems to help somewhat and can't do much harm to the other flabby bits.

Happy - Sounds like you have a fully stocked fridge there. Hope you can get through it before the stuff needs to be frozen or thrown. I liked the sound of your new doctor - sounds just like the one I had that diagnosed my cancer.

Poop Poop Poop - Just lost the big post that I had written. But I had saved the above bit. So I will go and sulk in the corner and come back later to try to recreate the ones I did for Annie, Ceejay and Susie. I might just go and tackle some scrubbing and sanding and swearing.. #$%^$%$%

Last edited by Shad; 01-12-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #53  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Kinda funny - Shad is dealing with intense heat, humidity and mossies and I am dealing with intense cold (minus 13 degrees F this morning - that's negative 25 to you Shad) as well as extreme dryness - I am so full of static that I could power a light bulb and when I get up in the morning my eyeball sticks to my eyelid and my throat closes shut. Instead of mossies, we are dealing with those damn Asian beetles that are everywhere. DH is vacuuming them up - I wish he would not do that as they are trapped in the bag and I know it doesn't kill them - at least not right away. I swear sometimes they are in there making that Asian beetle stink that is repulsive. Then again sometimes I smell things that aren't there. I will be glad when my sister moves up here - she has a very sensitive nose and I will use her for my personal bloodhound

I went to therapy yesterday. DO NOT LIKE this therapist. An Asian girl who does not listen to anything I was saying to her. She kept trying to read the medical terms on the reports and it was clear that she did not understand those either. I will only see her one more time and I have appointments with another therapist. If I like that one better I will switch out the other outstanding appointment. I had to call my regular doctor to get a referral so the therapist can do that procedure that resets the crystals in my ears for the vertigo.

Phone call... going to post this and will come back later.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #54  

Quick pop-on for me.

Bf & I went to breakfast this morning. He dropped me off at Menard's to buy my mini greenhouse. He went to home Depot for supplies to finish redoing the drains for our kitchen sink. He ran into an issue there and I was left cooling my heels at Menard's waiting for him to pick me up. Grrr.

Back home I'm chilling out in the living room and hearing him rant & rave & curse about all the difficulties. All this apparently due to the fact that the pipe coming in from the wall is abnormally high. Bleh. It's always something.

I'm about to retreat to the home office, put in my ear buds, and listen to a podcast while I organize some paperwork.

Been looking at reviews online for this greenhouse and it seems like it'll be good for indoors use (outdoors it is at risk for the wind taking it down). In addition to using it for seed starting and some houseplants, I'm interested in the idea of growing herbs in it.

Okay, off to get busy with the papers and the laundry.

Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:31 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
I fully understand about this site. I would not mind some of your heat right now. I woke up to 21 degree temperatures this morning. But it wasn't to bad. I must be getting used to the cold or the wind wasn't blowing as hard.

Happy
It's cold down here too but not the negative degree. Don't blame you for wanting to switch therapist especially if it is not helping.

Laura
Don't blame you fro retreating to silence.
--------
Been to the Rec Plex and completed 45 minutes of cardio. and I've taken the dog for a stroll for almost 20 minutes. I'm doing laundry. Will post this before it decides to close.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-13-2018 at 02:33 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #56  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Crap

The return of the not quite healed body. Bronchitis came back with a vengeance. Feel like crap. Two new Meds. Just started them today. Coughing a lung up with a bit of other stuff. Shoot me now. Sitting in lazy boy and will probably sleep here tonight to avoid the non stop hacking. Bleh. No personals. On phone and don’t like to post from phone.

Take care. Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #57  
Choose your hard

Hi ladies,

The return of the frigid weather again. This time we have to be careful because there was some melting and refreezing which makes for very slippery, hard to see ice. Now it's snowing - we are supposed to get about an inch so not too bad.

What happened yesterday? I can't remember so it must not have been too important

I talked to my sister - she is sick but thank goodness doesn't have that awful flu that is going around. She just has weak lungs and a cold can easily turn into bronchitis. I am glad she is taking it easy and resting like she needs to. The helpful neighbor took my Mom grocery shopping so my sister didn't have to. The flu is really bad this year. I am glad to be home and hiding from people although I was asked to switch to the morning shift instead of the afternoon tomorrow. My partner is having a service call at her house - I told her I'd switch and if they come closer to 12 than 9, don't worry - I can work a full day. Would rather not, but I can. It's a quiet month - I'm happy about that. Thrift Shop on Mondays, Therapy on Tuesdays and Thursdays (DH also has therapy too). Yoga on Wednesdays and Bingo on Thursdays. The weekend is mine ♥ I am enjoying being home to be honest.

Annie - I am sorry this cold has taken a turn to bronchitis for you. Hugs and hot tea for you. I would tell you it's time to book a Florida trip but it's pretty cool down there too right now. I hope you can take the time this weekend to rest and sleep and drink juice/lemon honey tea, eat soup - anything to make you feel better faster. Are the kids bringing home schmutz from school? Snnifffffffff.... Feel better quickly.

Ceejay - good for you for getting in some exercise. I saw your pictures on FB of the snow. Very pretty!

Laura - how mini is your mini greenhouse? We had a pop up one about 8 x 4 feet I think. Used it once. I think it's better for protecting the plants early in the season rather than extending the season out. But it might work well for growing herbs. Are you thinking of keeping it in the 3 season room? You have my sympathies on BF and his moods. DH gave me a ride to yoga on Wednesday. I had told him that yoga ends at 3:30 and pick me up at 3:35. What I forgot was that most of the ladies run out of there leaving all the mats and extra equipment all over the floor for the teacher to collect. Not that she minds but still it would be nice if others were a bit more helpful. So I stayed a few minutes to help pick up. And then my friend as well as the teacher kept talking to me. I was trying to politely ease away because I knew he was waiting for me but they kept talking.... I finally walked out and he walked into the gym and was pretty mad I had kept him waiting. I was about 10 minutes late. My friend tried to explain we were helping the teacher but When we got home he calmed down and said if this happens again, just let me know you will be a few more minutes so I know you know I am here. Lots of times I have to wait an extra 10 minutes for him to pick me up and I don't get steamed about it. Maybe it's just crabby men month. I hope BF got the plumbing done. I don't know about your house but ours in AH was quickly put up with cheap materials and mismatched stuff so every piece of work was a real project.

Susie - how are things going for you? Busy weekend? How did TOPS go this week?

Shad - what I wouldn't give for some warm sun and air and to sit on the deck with the sun on my face. I know the mossies and humidity spoil that nice picture. Did you get your energy back? Sometimes the best thing to do is to give in and just enjoy Is it too hot for the garden right now?

I guess I should go work on some laundry now. HOpe you are all enjoying your weekend.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:47 PM   #58  

Height: 5'7"

The weekend has flown by quickly. The good news is that I am off work tomorrow for the MLK holiday. I’m excited about that; DH has to go to work.
I was planning on going and getting a pedicure, use a $40 reward I have at Lane Bryant and return a shirt of DH’s to Dicks, however we have more snow coming and I don’t feel like getting out and driving in it so I’m staying home.

I like to get my pedicures at the Venetian Spa down the road from where I work and my brother and his partner got me a gift card from there so I was planning on using it. I will just wait for another day. At least that is the plan. I might wake up and change my mind.

I am happy to share that I had a 2.8 lb loss at TOPS on Thursday. I’m working for another loss this coming Thursday.

Happy: I still plan to keep trying the Hello Fresh meals using the vegetarian plan, but when all 3 meals this week had mushrooms and really, they were needed to make the dish and not really something that could just be left out I thought it was best to skip it.

I think your yoga class will be very good for you. Who says you have to do every pose or move, modify it and if you can’t modify it then do a pose you can do and just move gently and breathe.

I’m sorry to hear that you got a PT that you aren’t liking. I had that when I went to PT a few years back. It was this one gal I always got on Saturday and I hated going. So, I talked to the PT that I had on Tues and Thursday’s and she really felt I could skip Saturday and just do certain things at home. So that is what I did.

Annie: Boo that you are feeling badly. I hope you wake up feeling much better. I am so jealous you will get to see Cindy Lauper. When is the concert? I love going to concerts (as you know), tickets are just so expensive these days.

Laura: I don’t blame you for skipping the Saturday class. The last thing I would want to do on a Saturday morning in the dead of winter is go out to a workout class. The rest of your workouts sound good and I think you will enjoy getting back into a routine.

I am sorry to hear that your check-in at work was not as you expected and had to deal with what sounds like negativity that you were not expecting.

I am looking forward to hearing more about your portable greenhouse and what you are doing with it.

Ceejay: The pictures you posted on FB today are so pretty with your snowfall. I don’t mind looking at it as long as I don’t have to get out in it.
Good job on the exercise you have been doing.

Shad: Were your ears burning earlier? DH and I are watching the Australia Open and he remembered that one of my “Chickee Friends” is from there.
I saw that it wasn’t to terribly hot when we were watching and there was even a bit of a storm and rain, but the temps as the week go on look to me very hot.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:25 AM   #59  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya all

Susie - nice to know your DH is watching our Tennis tournament. I watch it as well. The tournament is held in Melbourne near enough 2000Km south of me. It'd be like driving from Wilmington to Key West more or less. It's in the state of Victoria which is well known for having four seasons in one day and the local population all say - 'Don't like our weather, wait 10 minutes, it will change' and indeed it does. A friend who lives in the north of the state reported it was snowing over the weekend. Snow in January is almost unheard of. So you can be sure their weather is nothing like ours. It can get very hot but usually if you get a 37C temp one day, you get a 24C day the next.
Enjoy the tennis. And big congratulations on losing at TOPS this week.

Happy - sorry to hear your sister is sick. Apparently your lot are blaming my lot for this bout of flu. Well it wouldn't be much sense blaming your pres would it? He is never wrong.
Sounds like you now have your days organised. Well done. It makes sense. DH's all seem to tbe the same, don't keep me waiting. Doesn't matter of course if they keep you waiting. Hope the yoga works out. Just gentle stuff until you get those muscles stretched and all in a row. No point in trying to attempt stuff you are really not capable of at this time. It will come. Sad you do not like the new therapist. The Asians can be a bit abrupt at times. They never really seem to be overfriendly or even friendly.
You can come and sit on my verandah. Nice out there tonight. No mossies - all got sizzled over the past few weeks

Ceejay - another of our little group who is back into exercise. Take it easy. No point in going all out and hurting something.

Annie - you should be another one who comes and sits quietly on my verandah and watch the birds antics on the front lawn. Of course if Ruger is also on the front lawn, you will need to be well enough to play ball or stick or whatever comes into his brain.

Laura - back on the exercise circuit I see. Well done. Hope the greenhouse works well for you. Another chickie whose other half is grumpy. Well I don't have one of those anymore. Isn't that grand.

Well the heat finally broke last night. A cool southerly came through and the temp dropped about 10 degrees in approx. the same number of minutes. So grateful. Nice sleep last night. We should have reasonable temperatures through until next weekend. Hopefully after that we are not in for another heatwave. 10 days of 9C above the average is more than enough. Everything is so dry now. Back to the watering again.

My friend and neighbour went to look at a house in an over 50's village today. Naturally enough I tagged along too. The house wasn't too bad, and this one had a good size back yard. I don't know whether she will buy it or not. Have to wait and see.

I've been cleaning and stocking the cabinets in the laundry as well. There is a bit to go yet and I will be glad to get it finished. The painting in there is down to the inside and trim of two doors. Then I will be able to finish the new stuff in the hall and prep for repainting of the other walls. The bedroom is ready for its first top coat and then back into the spare room and get that done. Be nice when it is all done. Haven't been able to do much with the heat we had. Saturday got to 30C (90F) before 7am. No painting after that.

So that's about what I have been up to. I've just had some homemade rice paper rolls filled with chicken and fresh spinach, avocado, carrot and onion. That was dinner. Think there is enough space for some home made ice cream as well. So I will go and check that out. Doubt that there is much on the TV tonight. Listings are horrid at the moment. I wonder why I still have TV.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #60  
Choose your hard

Quick good morning to you ladies,

I have to hop in the shower soon and get ready to leave for the Thrift Shop. We got a few inches of snow overnight so I'm thinking my first task will be to shovel out the front walk on the store. I really don't like working the morning shift at all.

This goofy therapist did not do me well at all. She taped my leg with about 8 long pieces of sports tape. When I tried to pull it off the back of my leg up to my shin just under the knee, I thought I was being skinned alive. It was terrible. And this sports tape did nothing to help my foot - I did tell her that they gave me a compression brace and in the past I have used an Ace bandage wrap and every single time compression made it WORSE. Knock, knock - ARE YOU LISTENING??? Nope. So it is more painful then when I walked in there last Friday. Won't be seeing her again. Other than that - quiet weekend. We went out for breakfast yesterday which was nice but nothing of note going on.

Shad - your sizzled mossies made me laugh. A few years back when we had a really bad winter with lots of snow - that made for a very very wet spring and the worst clouds - yes CLOUDS of mossies. Never saw anything like it in my life. We'd get groceries and open the back hatch and they'd fly in there an invade anything. So we tended to leave the cars out in the sun in the driveway and would enter later to find all these dead heat stroke victim mossies all throughout the car. That was one way to kill the devils I'm glad you got some of the laundry room worked on. Must be hard to paint with humidity and cat hair all over I would love to sit with you and the chicks on the veranda and shoot the breeze (we could make our own ) Perhaps one day... DH can chase after Ruger although he would be trying to make friends with Romeo too.

Susie - enjoy your day off. I hope it clears up enough in the afternoon so you can get out and get a few things done. Well done on the loss at TOPS last week. Continued success!

Annie - I would love to see Cindi Lauper - bet that will be a really fun concert! Rod Stewart - ummm maybe not so much. Used to like him, he's past his prime now. If he tries to do his oldies, it just makes him seem old and I can't say I really care for his big band, other ventures he's gone into. Still you will have a good time no matter what.

Hello to the rest of the chicks I just checked the time, barely enough to get ready and dry off before I head out into icicle land.

Happy Monday!