Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 07:52 AM   #76  
loves kleenex box art

boric acid worked. Last night maybe 200 ants. This morning, 5.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:31 AM   #77  
a work in progress...

Okay then, all wise and powerful ant killers...what about the anthills in the yard?? Boric acid there too? Someone told me to cover them with oats, that would smother them. ...well, that sure doesn't work, apparently they ate them all up, get real fit and heart-healthy and reproduced like rabbits, judging by the many ant hills I find outside. ...at least they don't come inside which is darn nice of them.

Wabby, I don't think all the NY/NJers talk like truck drivers...just the trashy ones. We have nice people too...no, really!
Good for you, getting a cleaning service! I say milk that recovery time for all it's worth! I used to have someone twice a month , when I was working full time. But I always had to clean before she got there...and really, once the crap is all picked up, how hard is it to dust and vacuum? (HAH! Ask my kids!) But I loved having the floor washed and the bathroom sparkling...hmmm...I wonder how much she's charging these days? And does she do windows? Although, I have been doing them one room at a time...a la flylady...it's not bad at all to do them that way! I used to dread that chore...

I have to sleep soon. I've worked the last three nights, one more to go and I'm off for 5. We're going sailing for two days...actually we're taking the sailing course...I'm starting to dread this. I should have been studying my book the last 3 weeks, now I'm cramming. That's Thurday and Friday...Saturday we have tickets for Bruce Springsteen...I'm gonna need more time off to rest from my time off.

still pondering my alternative lives...one would definitely be as a kept woman. I'm tired of working.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:54 PM   #78  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

YOU ARE GOING TO SEE BRUCE~!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!-AT FENWAY?????LUCKY KATYKOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! [I SAW HIM IN TORONTO IN MAY 2000!!!!HE IS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 12:56 PM   #79  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi kids

One more day until school starts here. DD will be a sophomore. Does this mean she will start telling sophomoric jokes?

I drove her into town a few minutes ago to meet up with a friend and I wasn't dressed yet -- just wearing a t-shirt and pj shorts. I am the definition of lazy.

The work prospects for DH are starting to heat up. He applied for 2 jobs in NH, then a local place he had interviewed at a long time ago called him about applying for a job that was opening up. Then his old boss called and wanted to talk about a possible project that he'd like DH to work on (that would be maybe a year long thing). Both of the last 2 possibilities would mean we wouldn't have to move Of course that also means I will never get my new house, but DH has really been working on the house a lot this month. Maybe we'll actually get to the point where we can see our way to renovating this place.

I just got an email this morning from one of my alternate lives (i.e. What if you married that one instead of this one?). In that alternate life, I would have spent 10 days in Greece this summer and attended about half a dozen rock concerts. However I would definitely have to work. Most of my income would be spent on therapy.

Kat, what kind of sailing course are you taking? Will you be staying onboard the boat? What's the name of the school? I went to a 5-day sailing school in Key West several years ago--J World, it was called. That was just day sailing. My DH did an onboard school one time, plus he's taken several other courses too. I had a great time at mine (I went with 2 other women), but how can you not in Key West ! I will say that the terminology, if you aren't that used to it, will drive you nuts. Hope you have good weather and a great time!

Bagz, you don't have a computer virus, do you? There's a nasty one going around, and I think someone I know has it -- I just don't know who yet!

Later cowies.
Kiwi
Old 08-26-2003, 02:50 PM   #80  

Quote:
We have nice people too
Well Katycow, of course I know that.... you're from NJ and of course our lovely miss Lohani! Even though I talk big, I'll probably only keep the cleaning service for a month or 2, until I'm back to 100%. Unfortunately, I have a cheap streak, and I hate to pay out that much for something that doesn't last for more than a day around our place.

Kiwi, wonderful news about the DH job prospects. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have him back to work by the time DD is back in school. All those wonderful solitary autumn days!!! Oh, I just read DD will be back in school tomorrow. Well, then soon after DD is in school, the DH will be back to work, and you can hang on the puter in your jammies all morning!!!

Painty, lucky woman to go see the Boss! He is soooo cool. (even though I don't think anyone says cool anymore)

Cowpernia, what color did you end up having the house painted? What are your decor schemes????
Old 08-26-2003, 03:21 PM   #81  
cow with the double chin

Default Let's get this straight...

I, Muffie, have never been in the clink!

To get rid of ants, put some of that boric acid in an old jar lid and mix it with corn syrup. The little pests take it back to their nest to share with their friends, but instead, they poison the nest. Voila! Ants be gone!

Poor little Lahani.

Yea to Wabby's cleaner people!

And I am boring and don't have much to say.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:12 PM   #82  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

KEE WEE!!! EXCELLENT NEWS ON THE DH FRONT!!!---STAY IN MAINE THOUGH!!!!----how do i tell if i am spreading a virus----i ran my norton anitvirus two days ago and it said "0" infected files-----i ran it again just a minute ago and it still says "0"----can i still send one out and not detect it through norton???what should i do darling!!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 05:05 PM   #83  
Member w/ messiest house

Bagz, you're probably not infected if you're updating your norton every now and then. Lately I've been updating several times a week, because of all the new viruses, but if you've updated and then run a scan you're A-okay.

Muffie dahling, I knew you hadn't been in the clink. You're the one who helps keep people out of the clink, eh?

Everything seems to keep breaking at my house. Last night my kitchen TV wouldn't get any sound (DH fixed it today). Today the cordless phone died. What's next?

Yes, I'm hoping for a few weeks of blessed aloneness before snow sets in, Wab. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Kiwi
Old 08-26-2003, 06:54 PM   #84  

Guess what my dog did on the new carpet in the family room? He couldn't help it he was sick. Guess who didn't have to clean it up? I think it may be karma for DH buying that boat.

Does anyone read Plain Jane's journal? She is such a hoot, I'm addicted to it.

Muffie you don't have to have much to say to post. That's the beauty of it. I never have anything to say and yet, here I am.

We're leaving tommorrow afternoon to go to the beach for labor day weekend. DH & DS will fish. I plan on sitting in the sand and reading.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:13 PM   #85  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

This is Wednesday. You don't need to post today. Post tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:24 PM   #86  
a work in progress...

Shoot, I won't be here tomorrow...besides, I thought THURSDAY was the day to skip.

We're leaving this afternoon for our sailing jaunt. Taking a two day course for a day-sailing certificate...Staying two nights at a bed and breakfast owned and run by the people who give the sailing course. And the class is private...no annoying other people to share the instructor with. I'll bet it was grand learning down in Kiwi West!

Hey! That's me going to see Bruce! Although Painty can come too, I'm sure there will be plenty of scalpers selling tickets there...they probably have better seats than my nose bleed section ones. We're seeing him at Giants Stadium. He really puts on a great show...We just saw him in July, it was kind of weird. Not Bruce of course...the whole concert scene. Since i hadn't been to one since the last time I saw him 18 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. Lots of "older" folks in the Springsteen audience...lots of gray hair. I don't know what I was expecting...I'm sure it was the same pot smoking, frisbee tossing, crazy kids of 20 years ago...just all grown up with cell phones and beepers now.

Who mentioned Plain Jane? I LOVE her! Now that's a woman who can swear well!

Must scurry around now and look like I've been doing last minute stuff before dh gets back from buying film...

see you in a few days!
Closed Thread