Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 08:30 PM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

Muffie, you're a hoot!
Old 08-21-2003, 03:12 AM   #32  
fatter than U

Talking yahoooo!

One very nervous second-grader down, one cool, laid back fifth-grader to go. As of Monday, the house is MINE!!!!

Hi Muffers! How's the Punkin? She must be quite the little lady by now.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:48 AM   #33  
loves kleenex box art

I think it is so wonderful that Painty and KatyKow have joined us. Both seem to be smart, witty and equal to be abuse that Wabby gives out.

I am equally disappointed that they, like alllllll those other cows I know and love, WILL NOT POST ON THURSDAY. Why is that? What is this avoidance of Thursday???? This is MY DAY OFF and posting would be a good thing. For me.

I have a headache. There are boxes and stuff from boxes all over. DS can only find one pair of pajamas and he owns many.

The car is back. $220. Yay car.

Now the truth. I am really Lush. I will prove it. Here is my list:
[list=1][*]Clean out a box
done [*]Clear the closet floor done [*]Move the box camping stuff into the pantry done
[*]Clear the kitchen counter except for the crockpot and concrete pig
done
[*]Do five minutes of exercise
done [color=headache]

[/list=1] Then I will come back and check to see who has posted. I am sending cookies to whoever it is. They will contain blueberries from my front yard.

Question:::: My new stainless steel sink is smooth in the sink part and bumpy-liney on the top and the top has RUST COLORED SPOTS on it. Surely a sink would not rust. What am I doing wrong here????

Last edited by Cowpernia; 08-21-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:46 PM   #34  

Stainless steel will stain. Buy Barkeepers Friend. It looks like comet, but it is not. Barkeepers Friend. It will take off the rust.

I'm sitting in a filthy house. DD promised to take out the trash and wash a load of towels when she got home from work. She didn't come home last night. I'm not worried about her, but I am worried about having no towels. DH promised to take out garbage several times. He has not. I am vowing to never do another thing for these ingrates. They will pay.

Kiwi, kayaking sounds like fun. I may add it to my list of things to do when I'm better.

Here is my list for the day:

Take shower.
wash hair (have to do it in sink, can't manage in shower)
dress
nap
try to find something for lunch
eat
rest
watch Dr. Phil and Oprah
sit in the sun
rest
bedtime
Old 08-21-2003, 12:49 PM   #35  
loves kleenex box art

[list=1][*]vacuumdone[*]clean counter (other side) done[*]clean out a boxdone[*]put away stuff by doordone[*]5 minutes exdone
[/list=1]

color = sauce ... a lot of these colors seem to be the OPPOSITE of what they imply

Wabby, I just noticed you posted. I will send you cookies made from scratch in my oatmeal kitchen.

Where do I find Bartenders friend? Walmart or Winn Dixie? Do I have to go in a bar? Maybe I could go to AmVets happy hour.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 08-21-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:15 PM   #36  
Member w/ messiest house

Rust spots on SS sink: You need Brillo pads. 1 box will last you forever if you cut each one in half. Wet one, go gently back and forth on the rust stain with the grain if there is a grain. Rinse. If you don't use a brillo pad, my only other suggestion would be Comet and scrubbing really hard. If someone leaves wet metal like a tin can or something on the sink, it will leave a rust spot. I get them all the time and get rid of them all the time. If what you're seeing is blistering on shiny stainless steel, that's different (ie not good).

DD is mowing the lawn again. I wonder what is motivating all these money-earning activities? I hope it's just the desire for new cd's.

Hey, you have a concrete pig, Peachie? I have a cast iron cow!
I'm thinking of sending it to some lucky person for Christmas. Who wants a cast iron cow doorstop?

Tomorrow we are going to the "city" to spend the weekend with 3D friends and go to the folk festival. Please note it's freeeeeeeee. Yes, that's zero dollars. We are the smart consumers right here, yessireee.

Today I'm making a fruit salad for the weekend and doing laundry so I don't have to wear the horrible looking stuff I've been wearing this week.

Kiwi
Old 08-21-2003, 01:20 PM   #37  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yeah, Barkeeper's Friend is good stuff. I found some at the Family Dollar store.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #38  
loves kleenex box art

I need the cow. I have no floor decorations.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:30 PM   #39  
cow with the double chin

SugP, Punkin starts 1st grade Monday and the boy child starts his senior year!!!!! What happened to my babies????? Punkin is growing into a very smart and beautiful little girl. And she is BOY CRAZY!!!!!! Gawd help me when she gets a little older!!

Kids and I are finally on our own. In a rented home. Hope to buy something this time next year.

Punkin's dad has finally been diagnosed. He is schizophrenic. And no, he doesn't take his meds. We don't see him much, I don't allow it. He stopped by briefly last week for punkin's birthday. That was the first time in almost 3 months. Punkin misses him terribly, but understands that he has a sickness. I have just told her that her daddy loves her very much, but his sickness tells him he is okay and he doesn't have to take his meds. She has a picture album of him that she looks at every nite before bed.

In fact, his sickness is so bad right now that I got a call from him last nite that prompted me to call the Sherriff to do a welfare check. That is all I can do. Not willing to do anything else. His mom is supposedly coming from southern CA today to move him back there. He needs a support system and it sure as **** isn't going to be me.

Hello to all of the other cowies, I have to get my big butt back to work. Hey, the butt is getting smaller!! Down to to 220. 30 lbs in the last 6 months. Woohoooooooo!!

Now, if I could just get 30 minutes alone with my UPS man.....

Old 08-21-2003, 03:32 PM   #40  
loves kleenex box art

Where is Painty? Must I be her also?

Ok, I am Painty. "Muff this is one helluva problem (in your vernacular) but it sounds entirely like you're on the right track in handling it. Good luck. Keep posting like a real person instead of a peeping bakery item."
[list=1][*]empty a box
[*]straighten the desk[*]clear the coffee table[*]clear the counter (other side) (I have four sides)
[*]get that stuff off the kitchen floor[*]exercise 5 minutes[/list=1] color=cayman

Last edited by Cowpernia; 08-21-2003 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:49 PM   #41  
a work in progress...

Hmmm...I wasn't aware that I was avoiding Thursday, (though I can't speak for Painty)...just hadn't gotten up yet. And before I'm accused of being a lazy cow for sleeping so late, I oughta tell you that I work nights. 11-7. So I try to catch a few hours here and there during the day...

Plus...I don't want to be a pushy newbie. (though I would have liked those homemade blueberry cookies...wish I'd gotten here sooner!)

Did you want to know anything about me?

Ok then, here goes...I'm at that quasi-peri-menopausal time of life...you know, still getting the monthly thing, but wishing it would just go away once and for all...and yet, desperately afraid of what may happen when it's gone...dried up old prune time?

translation=I just turned 46...I always say "just turned" so I'm still really only just barely over 45.

Married 20 years. 2 kids: 17 yr old daughter is leaving for college tomorrow. I've spent the last week being mad at her...I think it helps to alleviate how much I'm going to miss her. *sob*
12 year old son...going in to 7th grade...I'm not mad at him. He's not leaving me...ever

gee...what else can I say? Wellllll, I am fat. Way fatter than you cows. 248. But I was 266 earlier this year. So I'm working...s*l*o*w*l*y on that.

I guess that's it for now. I have to start packing the car. DD can't be here to help me because she's at the beach with the friends that she won't be able to see tonight because her wretched mother had the nerve, (the nerve!) to suggest that we might spend her last night here, together as a family.

Did I mention I was mad at her?
Old 08-21-2003, 04:20 PM   #42  
fatter than U

Unhappy How rude of me!

First of all for not wishing Wabby a speedy post-op recovery despite the uncooperative dh (what is it about ailing women that makes men run the other way or go out and buy a boat or something?). Hope you're feeling like your old self real soon, Wabby!

And secondly for not even realizing that it was Thursday. If I had known I would have posted every half hour. Really. Instead I was trying to find a flight to Nova Scotia that doesn't cost 8 billion dollars. One of my most clever relatives suggested flying to That International Airport Close to Where Kiwi Lives to save some traveling time. Little do they know that it takes 16 hours to get there from here! Guess I won't be meeting Bagzie and Kiwi at the mall.

Cowpernia, your new house sounds divine. My sink gets rust stains too but they come off. Not to worry. I think you should post pics of the giant blueberry tree in your front yard.

Wow, Muffie, you've got some headaches going on. Good for you for just saying no and keeping out of it. Can't believe your kids are so big.

Hi to whoever I missed. Nice to see some new udders around here. I may not be of "a certain age" yet, but I sure feel like it. Did you know that perimenopause can start 10 years before real menopause? Ugh. Being 40 is really weird.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:32 PM   #43  
loves kleenex box art

Sugar ... the blueberry tree is in Lush's yard. That was Lush posting. I forget the term for when one person's pushy spirit speaks or writes through another person.

KatyKow, you sound just like everybody else except me. Why are there no single cows for me to cry with? I have one son, 15, same age as Kiwi's one dd. He is fairly perfect unlike the rest of my life. I think it's good to be mad at your dd. After all, SHE'S the one who grew up and SHE'S the one who's leaving. It's all her fault.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:09 PM   #44  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Re: How rude of me!

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
Hope you're feeling like your old self real soon, Wabby!
Only flatter, eh?
Quote:
Instead I was trying to find a flight to Nova Scotia that doesn't cost 8 billion dollars. One of my most clever relatives suggested flying to That International Airport Close to Where Kiwi Lives to save some traveling time. Little do they know that it takes 16 hours to get there from here! Guess I won't be meeting Bagzie and Kiwi at the mall.
Yes, I looked up flights between BGR and N.S. when you first mentioned it, and it looked like one of those "can't get there from here" things. Good luck
Quote:
Did you know that perimenopause can start 10 years before real menopause?
I believe it. The first signs are the hairs sprouting in places where they have no business.

By the way, Kat, I'm in my mid-30s; 47 to be exact. Yes you read that right. 47 is in the mid-30s. And I generally think I'm 22 if I haven't looked in a mirror in a while.

on your progress, Kat and Muffie! My progress is mostly backwards.

I'm sure Lush will be delighted to make those blueberry cookies for Wabbit. They will be a healthy addition to her diet. It was nice of you to offer, CowP.

It is unbearably hot around here again. Muggy, sticky. Yuck. I should go swimming.

Kiwi
Old 08-21-2003, 05:26 PM   #45  
cow with the double chin

Well, thanks for that, Peachbutt. Much appreciated.
Closed Thread