Old 01-19-2016, 08:09 AM   #106  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Tuesday folks!!

What a frigid day this is...yikes 7 above with windchill -10-15. Burr!!! We are expected to have a 2-4, and maybe more snow coming in at 1 am tonight thru noon tomorrow. So not looking forward to that, yes, I could work from home, but with it being nasty report day and a lot of printing along with it, I will have to come in cause my printer is on the blink, it does random printing, maybe it will, maybe it won't. Just crazy. Soooo I will get here tomorrow when I get here.

I hear my boss coming down the hall. He always stops by my office to "check in", maybe to see if I am dead or having health issues. lol. Not really, he likes to catch me up on work then his evening or weekend. Such a nice guy. Love my job and my boss.

Spent yesterday with Sis and the babes and two of her babysitting kiddos. The kiddos were 9 and 10, and really a lot of help with the youngin's. I treated them to Five Guys Burgers, which FGs has added a grilled veggie sandwich to their menu and was quite yummy, along with a water and about 10 fries. We then went to CosmoProf (hair stylists discount store) to get product. Ended up spending about 100 bucks, but that also included a purchase for a co-worker that I will get reimbursed 25. However now I won't have to go back for another 6 mos. Came home did some laundry, cleaned Cs CPAP machine since I was home and he had to work, then made chicken and noodles, mashed taters and mixed veggies for dinner. Sis and the boys came over as Sis had to use my computer. What an additional treat for us, seeing the boys twice in one day. Chris didn't come with as he had Ainsley's basketball practice which Chris is the coach. Actually kind of nice. lol

Posting will come back in a minute for personals.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:09 AM   #107  
Annie - Indiana

So anyway....

TERRA...glad to see you back posting. Hope you enjoy your music and movement class, just do what you can, any movement is helpful on this journey, which I am sure you are aware of anyway.

LAURA...love the new layered cut. Looks youthful. Similar to Sissy's cut when she doesn't have it pulled back in a tail. Your neck/back pain is surely due to exercise and not sleeping, lol. Blame it on the exercise or birth control pill, whichever works. Looks like the next blast will miss you all and hit us. Why oh why do I live in this wreched state of Indiana? oh yeah, family. bleh.

HAPPY...looks like I may get my gun permit. Sis just got hers and now carries. Yeee, I am scared of her anger that she might get loose with the shooting. haha. I know I won't be p*ssing her off anytime soon. lol. I would love the soup recipes, I will PM you my email addy. I made cauliflower cheddar soup over the weekend, it was a real hit with most. Sis took the last of it home with her last night.

SHADDIE...awww, the doggie looks so sweet to be so ornery. He is a bit smaller than Sissy's dog, but sure to catch up. Sissy's dog is like Dumbo flopping around the area and swatting everything in his way with his tail. It hurts too. Dang him. Glad you all seem to be getting along for the time being, except for floppsy dog.

CHELLE...it must be hard not to want to take all the pups home with you. I would LOVE to have a kitten, but my head and sinus/allergies would be even a worse mess than they already are. So allergic to cats. Glad you are enjoying your job and life, what a difference than a few years ago! So sorry about the Packers, I must say I was rooting hard for them and the last minute plays, yikes.

SUSIE...hope the hair turned out to your liking. MMMM strawberry cheese salad, I love most all salads. Don't you love it when the news is about your boss and your job and you don't even know. Sucks. Hope it was just an oversight and not intentional.

CEEG...good news about your Uncle. Hope all goes well for your aunt. Drink more water and clear your system out of the acidic stage.

DEE..hope you are feeling better..

Stay warm all, cept Shad-cool down...

Hugs
Old 01-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #108  

Afternoon all.

Annie – Nice you love your job (except the icky reports) and your boss. It sure helps! I know downtown Indy is probably way different than downtown Chicago - do you have to pay to park your car down there? I’d never work downtown if I had to drive and pay for the parking! Thanks for your comment about my hair. I can put my hair in a ponytail, but I’m sure half the hair would come out of it – it’s pretty short now. In fact I want to find some sort of wide headband or headwrap to wear to Pilates. My hair was a mess yesterday in class, even though I used a couple clips.

Terra – I hope you find your workout dvd’s before you order new ones. You might get a good workout just by turning the house upside down looking for them, LOL. Good luck!

Shad – Thanks for your comment.

Michelle – I keep saying I want to make some version of those egg cups, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. Maybe this weekend. How do you like the ones you made?

Happy – What an ordeal you’re going through to get that door replaced!!! I want to see that movie “A Walk in the Woods”, but I have the book on hold at the library and I’d like to read it first. Gosh, I didn’t know a passenger could be ticketed in that situation with the gun in the glove box. With all the rules re concealed carry, it just sounds too complicated to bother with. I generally don’t pay much attention to which places allow them or not (train? Office buildings?), but probably enough don’t allow them that it would be a real PITA.

Hellos to the rest of you! Hope you all have a great rest of the day.
--
I went to Pilates last night and it was the usual non-stop movement. Nothing special planned for tonight. Movie night was moved to Wednesday this week. The movie “Spotlight” has already been selected. I want to see that movie, but I’m just not in the mood to go out.

It’s still very cold here today, but not as bad as yesterday.

That’s about it for me, so I’ll sign off.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #109  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Thought I might get this posted before the kids leave for work since I try to keep out of the way of the bathroom and loo while they are getting ready for work. I have my tea and the dog is sitting on my feet. Why do big dogs have to lean on people? Still he is relatively quiet for the time being. He brought my shoes to me today - remind me to put them away all the time - so guess he is hoping for a walk soon.
Yesterday was 'slothful day' I just couldn't get up the energy to work at all so nothing got done - routine all up the shoot. Too bad. Today is more work on the hedge, clean the bath, laundry and loo, plus a good sweep all over the house. Doggies walk will need to be later - when it all cools down again. Today is expected to get to (93 or so).

Ceejay - there is a program on tv here called 'which diet is right for you'. I haven't seen it yet. Comes on at a stupid hour but one of these days I will catch up with it on daytime tv. Maybe that will talk about acid v alkaline bodies

Susie - The Australian open is in Melbourne. I am in Brisbane 2000K north of there. Melbourne is known as the city that has 4 seasons in one day (sometimes twice!) It's a bit like comparing Happy's weather in Wisconsin to that in New Orleans! Melbourne can get to 40C whereas we rarely get past 36C. Melbourne heat is dry, we are humid - often uncomfortably so. But at least you are looking at the right continent!. Hope you are enjoying the tennis as we generally are.
I am an Elvis fan too. When Happy was living in Tennessee and I was over for a visit, we went to Gracelands. Had a wonderful day there - ask Happy about it.

Terra - Keep at it. Just keep on keeping on and something will happen. Generally when you don't expect it.

Laura - DS2's ginger is processed. He doesn't go for a ginger tuber and gnaw on that. But he doesn't like the glace or the crystallised stuff. Just plain naked ginger which has been cooked in ginger syrup or something. It's not as sweet as the other stuff apparently. I like the hairdo. Softer than the longer version somehow.

Michelle - interesting that Santa wasn't interested in the wee girl dog. ODDU will try to wash anything with 4 legs. He's just a big puppy and right now the cats are wishing he would grow up and get some dignity. He refuses to acknowledge who is the boss around here.

Happy - they fired the entire crew who install doors!!!! Oh great, now the wait for anything will be longer than ever. Gotta love corporate thinking.
Glad it is you and not me going to gun classes. The thought of all those guns on the loose over there fills me with dread. I can bury my head in the sand here - there is probably the same number of guns out in the country however they are controlled as to where and how they are stored and used. That is not to say we don't get shootings. Get off the soap box Shaddie.
The majority of the waste in the house comes from things going out of date. To a certain extent I don't worry about 'best before' dates unless they are years out of date. 'Use by' date is a different story.
Robert Redford - now there is a name I haven't heard in a while.

Okay ODDU is barking at some non-existent thing out the front and the kids have gone to work so it is time to get up and do something. I'll check in on you lot at the end of the day. Have a good one.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 05:11 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
Not looking forward for tonight's prediction of winter weather. Maybe it will miss us altogether. But for our area and the temperature hovering at 31 means it will probably get nasty for in the mornings commute to work. I may have to call for a ride to work.
The podiatrist office called today and I made an appointment to have my bunion checked out. I can't walk on it enough any more to exercise but I can still ride my bike.
Watched the Biggest Loser last night. It's a bit different this year. Bob Harper is the MC.
------

Laura
Love the hair cut. I'm trying to let my hair grow out. I'm motivated to do it so let's hope that nothing drastically upsets me and I whack it all off again.

Happy
poor kitty.

Shad
I had one of those ah ha moments about the ph. I happened to be checking the water residuals and was doing the ph at the time. I'm still researching.

Annie
I'm trying to drink more water and I'm cutting way down on the consumption of Cokes.

Terra and Michelle

I've been doing well and pump survey's today. I run each well and pump for an hour and compare the results mathematically to the reading on the master meter. Keeps me occupied.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-19-2016 at 05:18 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #111  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Annie ~ Yes I always enjoy the music and movement class. Thanks for the advice about any movement is good.

Laura ~ I already have turned the house upside down trying to find them with no luck

Shad ~ Thanks for the advice, I will just keep at it.

Ceejay52 ~ :waves: back
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #112  
Annie - Indiana

Good Slippery Morning All...

Yee, what a drive in today. And that little silver Kia almost got an ear full, but reminded myself to stay calm and not let the idiots ruin my mood. Shuweee that was a lot of self talk. Roads were not cleared on my journey. Just car pathed/cleared. Took me an hour to do my 15 minute drive. Not bad, also told my boss if the snow came in like predicted, I would be here when I got here. He too was late.

Babysat last night for a couple of hours. Sam went to yoga and Chris had BB practice with Ainsley's team. The boys were a hoot. Jacob wanted to go home with me to play with Papaw, but I told him Papaw was still sick and going to the doctor today. Jacob said, "Nanna, perhaps another time". Where do they get this stuff? Royce is a little redneck. He is a rough and tough little tyke for sure. Had to take his little plastic tennis racket away from him as he was beating things with it...me, the dog, the furniture. I told him I was going to send him to his room and he just smiled and giggled. WTH, I turned and laughed myself. I am convinced it is the red hair!

I am FINALLY down the 3 lbs I gained over the holidays. Back to square 1 on the downhill slide of weight. Only 20-25 to go, yep even after the 28 I have lost thus far. I want to at least be down another 10 by Easter and feel that is doable. Easter is March 27. That gives me approximately 8 weeks to get there. No reason for Easter just a goal I can remember easily.

Ok posting this and coming back for personals, have a CC in 3 minutes.

Hugs
Old 01-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #113  
Annie - Indiana

CEEG....we got blasted last night. Hope you don't get the mess we got. Looks like the mess coming in on Friday is staying further south and you might get some of it.

SHADDIE...good idea to stay out of the way of kids getting ready for work. When C goes in late he gets in my way and it bugs the snot out of me. I just grin and bare it. Sounds like you have gained a buddy in the doggie. Lucky you. lol

HAPPY...thank God my family are all carpenter oriented and can hang doors etc. Hope you have the new door by Spring. lol All the little tests on FB that I don't post but do them just for kicks has you as my crazy friend, person to go on vacation with, person to do most anything with. How funny.

LAURA...yes we have to pay parking but are reimbursed for it. 132. a month. That was a deal breaker when I started here. You pay parking or I no work here. lol Right, I needed the insurance. I have not even heard of the movie Spotlight. I must live in a cave.

Hello to the rest of you!

Hugs and all.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #114  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Let's see if I can get through this uninterrupted.

Annie - glad you made it into work ok. I hope you don't get walloped with the snow storm blowing through. Yikes, I lived in fear of those days. Say what you will but I tend to agree with you - there's just something about mischievousness and red hair Now I get your FB comment about the racket Good for you for whittling away the pounds. I'm sure you feel better and that only helps the ticker and the ankle. Keep rockin' on. If Sissy has a temper would probably NOT be a good idea to be packin'. Unless she likes jail. We really have only taken the pistol with us when we know we are travelling through some dicey areas or we will be in an area where bears might be roaming around. Unfortunately in the spring when they wake up hungry, you almost have to carry a firearm when you are working outside in the back. That's just life up here I find the people situation much more scary than bears tho. People are just freakin' nuts now a days and ready to jump down your throat at the least little provocation. More unpredictable than a rabid dog Yum, I would love some of that cauliflower soup - reminds me I have a head in the refrigerator I paid about $7 for and never turned it into a meal - I think it's going out with the trash tomorrow. I should buy frozen instead. DH hates the smell of cabbagey things including Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. He was not fond of some of the things I was cooking (for me of course) on the Whole30 diet. He whined softly about the stink, but what can you do? So I was hesitant to try the cauliflower rice everyone was talking about. Thanks for the veggie tip on Five Guys burgers. Unfortunately we only get up there once in a while when we go to Duluth and by that time I'm really drooling for either a burger or one of their grilled hot dogs. But it's nice to know it's available. I love roasted vegetable sandwiches/wraps.

Terra - bummer that you lost your exercise CDs. Will be even more aggravating if you find them after you repurchase them. Hope you can find them at a good price!

Ceejay - hope you don't need to have bunion surgery. Not sure what your non-surgical options are since it's all about the bones shifting. I'm sure you already have comfy and roomy shoes. Good for you for actively cutting back on the sodas - probably one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Laura - love your haircut. I'll bet you get a lot of body out of it and it will work well with "winter hat hair" too. I have the book "A Walk in the Woods" too - picked it up at the thrift shop but didn't read it yet. They played Nick Nolte for a lot of comic relief in the movie - I wonder if he was that much of a character in the book. As for the concealed carry - I think once a state passes laws that allow it (Illinois does not) - then you see more places actually post that they don't allow firearms. I worked in the ghetto in Memphis - really a horrible area - think the old Cabrini Green. I had a concealed carry permit but we were specifically told that we could not bring a gun into the office. We had guards at the front desk of the main building but not all buildings in the complex and they were not armed. So if you got assaulted on the grounds, all they could do is holler and call the police who might show up in 30 minutes depending on the amount of gang banging and drug busts going down as you called. We were often expected to work late too. Getting out at 9 or 10pm in a very unsavory area was not pleasant. So first of all I refused to work after 6pm since we were not "adequately protected for our safety" and eventually DH would drive me to and from the office and he drove with the pistol at night. I am glad not to have to deal with that any more. Then again we had an incident right before we moved - 2 white guys with their testosterone levels on high alert parked in a Panera Bread restaurant parking lot. One guy accused the other of banging his F250 when he opened the door (standard sized parking spots NEVER accommodated those idiots and their manhood buses). They argued in the lot for a bit and then as the first guy headed into the store, the second guy (with the 250) went back to his car, grabbed his gun and shot the first guy dead outside the door. A father of 3 young children whose only error was to have words with a jerk with an attitude. Sad. DH wants to go see Revenant before it closes tomorrow. I was debating about going and seeing Spotlight while he's in the other theater but not sure. It got very good reviews.

Shad - I think we forget just how big Australia is and how the climates differ from one city to the next. Good analogy about the humid heat - you are north in Brissy but get the hot humid climates we get down south here and when you head south on your side of the pond and get next to Antarctica - it gets cooler and drier - the opposite of us. Hey I have always wondered - they say down under your toilets flush the water in counter clockwise fashion opposite of us up here. Is that true? Why do I want to know that? Cuz I'm dumb. The ODDU is quite the handsome fella. Full of spunk too - how much longer before he goes from puppy to slightly calmer teenager? Yes, one of the most memorable parts of your visit was us in the gift shop at Graceland having a good laugh at the shop goods. You'll just have to be satisfied with nature things when you come up this way next. We can laugh at the turkey antics. They didn't fire the entire door installation staff - they sub contract with several independent companies / crews and they sacked the crew that was scheduled to do our door - there are still others on hand. There is one company they use a lot and their men tend to be of the worst quality ever - we said we do NOT want anything to do with those blokes to the point we would not even answer the door if they show up. It's really sad that people complain about not having jobs and you can't find enough people to do the most basic hands on stuff. Crazy world. And I agree with your soapbox about guns. These mass shootings have gone overboard and I don't know what is the answer. I am totally in favor of having to attend classes as we did in order to get a gun license.

Michelle - wow did not realize you were working for such a large organization. I have not had dealings yet with the Wisconsin Humane Society although of course we work closely with them. Makes sense though since you are in a much more populated area that you'd cover more ground (and animals). I'm glad you are liking the job. Shame on that awful person who put you down - the best thing about art is that there is no right way outside of some basic design guidelines so that things are balanced. And even for some, no balance is their balance I don't like all art (especially abstract) but I do appreciate to each their own. It's creative expression. Never let that stop you!

Susie - hope work is going well for you.

Hope your eye is healing well Dee.

It's softly snowing outside. I'm going to have to take the car out - meeting a friend for lunch - we will discuss joining Weight Watchers over lunch and then it's off to yoga. Tomorrow they asked me to help them with some data entry at the shelter - we will learn together to implement and gather some new data.

I'd better get showered up and ready. Have a good day ladies - stay warm and I hope no one gets pounded with snow.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #115  
Choose your hard

Awww Annie - I just read your post. Yes, we would have fun together. I like having fun and being silly. Once I was travelling for work with 2 coworkers and we were staying in a French hotel in Boston. We decided to adopt French nicknames like Gigi and Babette and talk in really BAD French accents. Then the bellhop thought we were French and started talking to us in actual French which we could not understand. It was embarrassing in the lobby but we practically peed outselves outside laughing over it. So I'd love to be your fun friend.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #116  

Morning all.

Annie – LOL re Jacob - “perhaps…..”. Too funny. No wonder you get such a kick out of those two! Congrats on dropping the 3 pounds!! Safe travels for your commute home.

Terra – What a bummer you haven’t found the dvd’s.

Ceejay – Thanks for your comment re my haircut. I’m still trying to get used to it. I’m sorry your bunion is giving you trouble. Good you have an appointment. That reminds me – I haven’t heard from my podiatrist about the orthotics. It’s been a month since my appointment. I think the holidays hung things up. Were you able to drive to work this morning? We had a bit of snow in our area, but my commute was unaffected. It’s the drivers that have to deal with snowy roads that have the trouble.

Shad – LOL re big dogs leaning on people. The morning after bf had his appendix removed, we were walking the hospital floor before he was discharged and we came upon a therapy dog – a Great Dane, and yes, she leaned on bf. ODDU brought you your shoes?! Were they still intact??

Hellos to Dee, Happy, Michelle & Susie.
==
Well, I received an email from my credit card company (which is also my bank) late yesterday afternoon – they declined a suspicious charge on my credit card. I confirmed it wasn’t mine via e-mail. Then they followed up via phone at home last night. The connection was awful, but in the end, the card is closed and another will be issued. Sigh. When I get that card I will set up some more electronic alerts so I know whenever a transaction on it occurs.

Since my salon gal suggested I try different ways to style my hair (hot rollers, curling iron, flatiron), I decided to pull out my ancient hot rollers to try them out. Too funny – the ones I have are “molecular” – a steamer on top of which a roller sits and the foam part gets all hot and damp from the steam. Well these rollers are so old, the third roller I used, the foam totally came apart when I started to use it! Okay, so much for those. It had to have been years and years since I used them – they were just sitting on a shelf way in the back of our linen closet. Heck, I may not have used these things since before we moved into the house (it will be 16 years in Feb.). Guess I’ll be using the curling iron or flat iron.

Nothing much else to report. Quiet here. The admin took a day off. The boss will be out of the office tomorrow afternoon, and Friday, so that’ll be nice.

I see Happy was typing over my head.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #117  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday ladies!

Not much new with me. Busy with work, which is a good thing…but there’s always time to take Santa on a walk or out to the dog park to play, and I got to hold a couple 6 week old Chihuahua puppies and a 9 week old pitiful mix puppy. After holding the pit mix puppy who has to be at least 10-15 lbs already, the little Chi puppies are light as a feather. Our Finance Department has a big area, and since at least one of the Finance staff is usually fostering puppies, it’s easy to go in there when you need a puppy fix. Our VP of HR is a total cat lover and is frequently fostering kittens. My VP has a super sweet yellow lab. The woman who sits next to me has a lovely yellow lab that she brings every day, and a 9 month old energetic pit mix puppy that is a total ODDU. And there are at least another dozen dogs that staff bring to work regularly. Frequently, we hear someone yell out “Dog coming” as a heads up to anyone whose dog might be reactive (like Santa) - although Santa is getting much better.

This evening is the WLS back on track class. I’m doing well with the restricted diet though I do miss the water flavorings like Mio and Crystal Light.

==================

Laura - I love the new hairdo. You’ve got gorgeous hair in both photos. I just really like how the new do frames your face. You look marvelous! I really, really like the egg cups I made. They are very tasty, very filling and they microwave well. If you’re interested in a number of different varieties of egg cups, check out this website (the World According to EggFace: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.bl...ast-bites.html ) It’s geared toward bariatric patients, but really it’s healthy eating for pretty much anyone. She has some recipes on Pinterest too.

Annie - I’m so glad you really like your job and your boss! Yay! That’s great that Five Guys has a veggie sandwich. We have Five Guys here. Do you have In ’n’ Out Burger there? I know they have them in Wisconsin and Illinois. They offer their burgers with a “protein-style” option where it’s wrapped in a big lettuce leaf rather than a bun….kind of messy but extremely delicious!! Mmmm, now I’m drooling over the thought of a protein style In and Out cheeseburger. I hear ya’ about cat allergies. Back when my ex and I each had 3 cats and then we moved in together…so 6 cats….I was taking all kinds of allergy pills. Now I just limit my exposure to cats (both at work and at home with bf’s cat) and my allergies don’t flare up too much. That’s awful that your commute was so bad due to the roads. So funny about Jacob’s “perhaps another time”. You’ll get the weight off, girlfriend! I’m so proud of you for all your success thus far. I want to lose another 35-45. I’ve got to get my butt back to the gym.

Shad - Puppies are so funny! Especially big puppies because they look like fully grown dogs, but you can spot them a mile away by their floppy behavior, klutziness, and exuberance. I pretty much agree with you on the whole gun thing. I think they are way too prevalent over here. I like in a sketchy (unsafe) neighborhood but I still wouldn’t want to own a gun. I’ll get off my soapbox too. I don’t want to start a debate.

Ceejay - Good for you for drinking more water and limiting sodas. I like Bob as the host of Biggest Loser. Of course I miss his training style. I hope the storm didn’t hit your area hard.

Happy - I hope you have a good time at the movie. I have forgotten what Revenant and Spotlight are about. I want to see Joy, but it’s been out for so long now it might not even be at the theater anymore. Thanks for the kind words about art. When I lived in Wisconsin, my ex and I participated in a lot of fundraisers for the Wisconsin Humane Society (in Milwaukee), HAWS (in Waukesha just west of Milwaukee in Waukesha County), and the Washington County Humane Society (we lived in West Bend which is in Washington County). The Humane Society in Milwaukee is big, but I’m not sure if they’re as big as the Silicon Valley Humane Society. Enjoy lunch with your friend and then yoga.

I’d better get back at it. to everyone!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #118  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Happy & Laura ~ Yeah it was a bummer losing my work out dvd's but I'm looking forward to buying them again so I can work out with them again.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:29 AM   #119  
Annie - Indiana

Good Lord HAPPY....I just did the Fast and Furious Team test. You came up as "the good one", now I do not believe those test any longer...lol. Sam got mechanic and CHELLE got the wise one. Well maybe some of it is true. ba hahahahaha. RE: the cabbage, cauliflower smell in the house, I used to grill out cabbage in foil on the grill when I was married to my X as he complained about the smell too. I should of stuffed his pillow case with it. lol. I am all about having fun, being silly and laughing till I toot! lol. Let's do it

CHELLE...I am jealous you get to take Santa to work with you. I get the guilts leaving Sass home all day long. I would love to bring her to work with me. All she does is sleep anyway, I am sure she would be no bother. Good for you getting on track with your eating. Hopefully WE can get our acts together and do this! Insert MELLIE's rolling pin.

LAURA...the trip home yesterday was nice. Snow stopped by 10 am and all was clear for the drive home. No mishaps. Altho I don't know what it is about silver cars as a Chevy Volt was annoying me most of the way. Serenity prayer! Had to laugh at your hot rollers, I just did that about 3 years ago, into the trash they went, and won't be purchasing any more of them.

Hello to all you fine ladies.

Make it a great Thursday/night. Hugs
Old 01-21-2016, 10:23 AM   #120  
Choose your hard

Good morning kids,

I have to head out shortly - a small local farm is having their monthly in town one woman show Farmers Market in the hospital lobby today. Good thing I caught it in Facebook. They have a large hot house where they grow fresh herbs year round and I like to pick up some when I can. They also have sheep and goats and make cheese and soap and other fun things. I like to support local as much as possible because I love that they do these things for us so we can eat better. Then I have to head over to the shelter and help them set up some people files so they can start entering more data into the system.

It's still cold out but at least the temps are on the other side of the zero marker. I did a move yesterday at yoga that kind of crunched my neck so that's a little sore today. Had a really nice lunch with my friend yesterday. We talked about all kinds of things and I found out that we have even more in common - good talk. We decided we are not going to join Weight Watchers - it just doesn't work for either of us. She is trying a different diet for her health issues based on the recommendation of her endocrinologist. As for me, a lot of programs are moving into the digital world - tracking and apps via smartphone which I don't and probably never will have. So I pay a lot and lose a lot. S and I agreed to meet weekly to do our own "group meeting". I may morph Whole30 with Paleo to get some healthy grains in. Still going to work on reducing sugar intake as much as possible.

Annie - I think you need more Facebook friends when you take tests I am not FAST but I sure seem to be FURIOUS a lot lately I think we could make a fun game out of what we would do to ex-men in our lives. You can use the ex and I have many bad men bosses I'd like to stuff with cabbage or other things ... Glad the snow cleared and you didn't get quite as pounded as they thought. As for silver cars - probably 50 percent of the cars out there are silver (including both of mine) so statistically chances are good that it's going to be a silver/gray/snow and salt covered pretend gray car that will be riding your tail and being stupid. I like to drive the speed limit and annoy the people behind me. Especially the ones that want to do 20 over on icy roads. We have lots of cops waiting for speeders too which I am happy to see.

Michelle - it's great that you can bring Santa to work. Saves bucks on doggy day care too and he gets to socialize a bit. I'm sure the longer you are there he will transition and get used to spending the day in a dorm with a bunch of "frat buddies". I know you are supposed to limit your fruits but can you put an orange or lemon peel in your water? The oils will give it a hint of flavor when they sit for a while without adding sugar. I also like the combination of cucumber slices, fresh ginger and mint leaves infused in the water. For some reason, it's refreshing. Thanks for the egg cup link - they are a recommended item for the Paleo/Whole30 also. DH went to see Revenent yesterday - he said it was good but is very gory. It's about a guy trying to survive out in the wilderness. He gets attacked by a bear and it's a survival type of movie - man against nature. Just a bit too high on the squeamish factor for me. Spotlight is about a news reporting team's investigation of the abuse of children under the hands of Catholic priests and the attempt to cover up the story - was very highly rated. I debated about going yesterday while DH was in the other theater but his movie ran about 45 minutes longer than Spotlight and I just didn't feel like leaving the house. I heard so many good things about Joy that I'd like to see it also - it's long past the movie shows here, will have to wait for pay per view.

Laura - glad they caught the suspicious transaction on your credit card - I have the email notification of charges on the ones I use infrequently and tend not to check a lot and I am happy for that. That's really funny about the hot rollers. I have the hard plastic ones somewhere - probably in the garage. My hair always "set" better with steam rollers. Your haircut might work better with styling product and a round brush - sometimes a curling iron or rollers puts too much curl in

Coffee's finished. I need to get dressed and out the door. Hellos to the rest of the chicks - happy Throw Back Thursday.