Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #151  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Laura - these are the egg noodles I was talking about. I like the ones that take 20 minutes to cook because I like the doughy thick noodles. They have ones that cook in 10 minutes but the 20 minute ones to me are more like homemade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture - Reames Egg Noodles.jpg (35.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by happy2bme; 01-26-2016 at 09:21 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #152  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning at cha folks...humpty hump day, report day, trash day, and anything else day...lol

FYI...the above noodles are found in the frozen section of the grocery, if that is helpful at all.

SUSIE...so sad to hear of your co-worker's son. The meetings I go to also include drug addicts. Many relapse in the program but tend to come back if they make it. Heroin is a very tough one to overcome. A very small percentage do. I will add her and family to my long prayer list. Glad I get your personal/fun side rather than your work side..he he. Remember, not too much work, this year is about you! Stick to your guns sister.

LAURA...prayers for your admin also. Poor thing. Have you seriously had your pain in the neck looked into? Are you sure it is from sleeping? I just ask cause of my heart issues. Hmmm, two nights a week to yourself, I dunno, I think maybe it would be sloth time, of course that is what I do best. lol

Last night was a nail appointment. My poor Thai gal. Her hubby is messing around on her and for some reason she feels comfortable enough with me that she talks non-stop about it when I get my nails done. I have watched her with other clients prior to my appt and she says nothing to them. hmmm, anyway, part of the 12 steps is to stay away from drama and don't involve yourself in negative. I have added her to my prayer list also. Hello God, it's me, ditto my list from yesterday and here are a few more. My 12-14 minute drive to work consists of God talk.

C ate leftover chicken for dinner, I had a salad. Easy Peasy. DS stopped by for a bit, and slept in the recliner the entire time. Got up and went home, an hour drive for him. He goes to the cardiologist today to find out results of his tests and what is the next steps concerning his heart. My heart is hurting for him. I would do anything to take this mess away from him.

Everyone have a great day/night/week!! Ya'll come back now, hear!

Hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #153  
Annie - Indiana

Spinach Mushroom Chicken –
6 chicken breasts thinly sliced
1 container chive n onion cream cheese
1 large container mushrooms sliced (I used 3 small cans instead)
1 small bag baby spinach (I would use more next time)
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup chicken broth
Garlic seasoning (I would use fresh garlic next time)
Pepper
8 oz mozzarella cheese

9x13 pan. Line chicken in single layer.
Top with spinach
Then mushrooms
Sprinkle garlic and pepper
Soften cream cheese and whisk with oil and broth
Pour over mixture
Lay foil over top but do not seal
Bake 375 for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake uncovered 25 minutes.
Add mozzarella on top, bake uncovered additional 10 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes, enjoy
Old 01-27-2016, 10:51 AM   #154  
Annie - Indiana

I also did some thighs for C on the above recipe.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:04 AM   #155  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I've felt low energy for over a week now. It's really hitting me today. I feel like I could sleep for a week. I'm sleeping well at night though.

============
Annie - Thanks for the spinach mushroom chicken recipe....that looks delicious!! Praying that your DS gets some answers. Sending you hugs.

Susie - So sorry about your co-worker's son. Saying prayers for her and her family.

I've got to sign off. Lots to do at work. Since I have to work this Saturday, I'm taking Friday off, and then I'll have Sunday off of course. I need to better manage my time and energy so that I can get to training for the half-marathon that is just 14 weeks away. I really don't want to be picked up by the golf cart. But I've been so exhausted lately....it's hard to do much.

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #156  

Morning all. Happy Hump Day.

Susie – What types of events do you plan for the Community Team? It’s nice you get to meet with fellow team members and they get to know you and vice versa, but too bad it puts you behind on your other work. How very sad about your co-worker who lost her son. My prayers are with them.

Happy – Thanks for the noodle suggestion. I was checking out their website and those were the ones that looked like bf wants, or the flat dumplings. The site said Meijers sells them, so we’ll see what type of selection they have. Of all the local supermarket chains in our area, Meijer is actually the one with the broadest selection.

Annie – Thanks for your prayers for the admin. She’s out again today, but I know she had a dr appointment today – cardiologist, which is good because she’s been dealing with low blood pressure these past two weeks and can barely get around with all the weakness and dizziness, etc. Because she has so many medical issues, diagnoses must be difficult for her doctors, but I hope they figure out the problem. I hope your son’s dr appointment goes well today also. Re the sloth time – that’s when bf and I eat dinner together in front of the tv and then watch more tv until bedtime. Bad habit. That’s why I need to change things up! That recipe looks good with the mushrooms and spinach in it.

Michelle – Do you think your low energy is due to the change-up in your diet for this WL boot camp thing you've been doing? And are you using your CPAP machine faithfully? Just some thoughts. I hope you perk up!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!
--
Nothing much to report. I didn’t do much last night – watched a couple more episodes of Outlander.

I went to bed with a scarf around my neck in case I’m getting some sort of draft, and tried a different pillow – a neck roll this time. I woke up and still have some leftover soreness from yesterday, but thankfully not anything new/worse. Annie, thanks for asking - I’m pretty sure this is coming from how I’m sleeping and/or my pillow. If the pain was on the side or front, I might be concerned, but this feels like a pulled muscle, and it’s in back. I’ve thought in the past that maybe I need one of those pillows that has more fill around the edges of it to better support the neck. It might be time to try one of those.

I finished the book I was reading and now the e-book I had on hold is available – A Walk in the Woods, the one recently made into a movie with Robert Redford & Nick Nolte. I hope it's a good read.

The boss and another department member are in big meetings all day today - better them than me.

That’s about it for me. Off to cut & paste & post.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #157  
Choose your hard

'mornin kids,

Got up at 6:30 this morning. Got a call from a nice lady yesterday who sold her lake house and she and hubster are moving into assisted living across state lines March 1. Since they are going from house to (very) small apartment, they have to get rid of most everything in the house and offered it to the Humane Society first. That was my mission yesterday to go and see what she had. She has a lovely home full of knick knacks and decor and such. It seemed like she was a bit overwhelmed at the idea of getting rid of it all and kept talking about the March 1 out date. I gently suggested that they still had some time to live there - don't get rid of too much and shortchange or compromise basic needs. We left yesterday agreeing to come back this morning to get started on packing things up. I assembled a group with 2 other women who I knew would be respectful - it's hard packing up someone's life. I left a message last night letting the lady know when we'd be there this morning. Got a call at 7:30 today - apparently she changed her mind about us coming in and asked if I could drop off some packing boxes and she'd go through things herself at her leisure. I said that's great, I have some bins in the car I will drop off. This is really a very delicate matter. Myself I think she's a bit overwhelmed at the moment so best not to be too hasty about things but there is that March 1 deadline coming soon so you can't procrastinate too much. If anyone has ever moved, you know that unless you have professional packers (who would take a 2 day minimum at best to pack up a house) - It's going to take a lot longer than you think it will. And there is the cost of packing materials - paper, boxes, tape. So we will see how that goes. My knees are grateful that I don't have to be schlepping up and down stairs all day long for the next 2 days.

I had to cut my hair appointment short in order to get to the lady's house yesterday. So the stylist said all she had time for was a hair cut - which was the last thing I was thinking since I am debating about growing my hair a little longer. But I didn't want to blow an appointment totally so I agree to the cut. She layered it a bit and despite my misgivings, it really turned out nice. When I left the salon I had to walk 1/2 block back to the shop (DH dropped me off and went back home). It was snowing pretty heavily and I didn't want to crush my new 'do with a hat. So T gave me a plastic bag to cover my head for the short walk to the thrift shop. I said I don't have any pride anymore It did keep my hair dry and fluffed and I got compliments on it from everyone who saw me. I came home last night and went through the house looking for packing materials to use today - ie old newspapers, bubble wrap, plastic bags. Got a tidy pile together - at least for one day's packing. I took a Motrin PM so that I could get to sleep earlier and get enough rest.

So today I find myself with a welcome morning - although I did spend about 90 minutes calling the "posse" and letting them know our plans were delayed. Debating about having a second cup of coffee because right now I could easily close my eyes and nap for another hour.

Special K cereals came out with a new line called NOURISH. We got a box each of Apple Raspberry Almond and Coconut Cranberry Almond. Supposed to be more balanced carbs - whole grain flakes with quinoa. I had the coconut one and DH had the Apple Raspberry flavor. Both were very tasty. I usually have an issue with carbs for breakfast - an hour later and I am ravenous - like I haven't eaten in 2 days. I do much better with protein based breakfasts. 30 minutes after I have eaten, I am not as satisfied as I would have been with a couple of eggs. But the cereal is darn good!

Annie - didn't realize that avoiding drama is part of the 12 step process. Boy that would be hard for me but I am working on it right now as a focus. I think some people in life always attract people who want to unload. You have one of those kind faces. Not always a good thing though Thanks for the feedback on the Biotin. I just asked a lady who was seeing her nutritionist about this. I know it's recommended for WLS patients - wasn't sure how much it helped.

Susie - glad you got some of the team to get to know you better. From my work with executive secretaries in the past, people don't really understand how much pressure they are under or the demands of the job and I think alot of people are afraid to befriend them either because they are powerful and sometimes crazy or they are afraid they'd be ratted out That's unfortunate about the drug overdose. I guess I am naive but it surprises me how prevalent drug use is throughout the years. We have a big problem out this way because of "boredom" among the youth. I call it immaturity although people my age are regularly busted for selling and there are alot of older users here too.

I got my copy of Season 6 Downton Abbey yesterday. Have not binge watched the rest of the episodes but I promise not to reveal spoilers.

Laura - no, we didn't get the ice (thank you God) just snow. I also see that they have quickly revised the forecast on Friday for just a bit of snow not the 3 - 5 inches (again thank you God). I don't know if the weathermen have no clue or if the weather is that unstable. Thank you for the recipe links - will have to try it. Re: the instructor trying to "kill you" - I think it's really hard to lead a class. There are some gung ho's that don't feel it's an effective class unless they are limp as dishrags when done. Then there are people like me who are compromised and need an "easier" class. Hard to satisfy everyone. That's why I kind of like the senior classes - more my pace. And I am not forced to face my insecurities in a class with 20 somethings. (Yes, at one time I COULD keep up - that time is over ) It's nice that you will have some evenings to yourself - sometimes it's good to just have time to chill but probably better if you make some plans and stick to them. However when it's still dark and cold out, I find it easier to hang around the house.

Michelle - that was really nice of you to gift your ex-DMIL with those tickets. Why is she blue? She has a sister there right? Maybe she doesn't like the cold either?

Shad - thanks for the link to the Sistema. But I didn't see anything like the meat defrosting tray you spoke of. Did you get the rain you needed?

Hellos to the rest of the clan

Well I sure have putzed away my "free morning". I didn't get the bins to that lady although if I get off now, grab a quick snack to tide me over, and shower up I can drop the bins off and still make yoga class although I'd rather be napping Move more, go to bed at a reasonable hour Happy. Although I think some of this is the after effects of the grogginess in the Motrin PM tablets.

Later chicks.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #158  
Choose your hard

Michelle - are you off caffeine as part of your program right now? Might be feeling a bit sluggish from that. Drinking enough water too? I'm tired too but that's because we haven't seen the sun in quite a while and it's cold out...
Old 01-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #159  
Choose your hard

Laura - while you are reading maybe do an ice pack and then heating pad (or is it the other way around) for your neck if you think it's a muscle strain. I got DH one of those sectioned pillows that is sort of like a neck roll - more firm on the neck, soft on the head rest part. Actually I got it for me but I felt it pushed my head at an awkward angle and was uncomfortable so I gave it to him. He said it's ok. Not bells and whistles or amazing difference. Just ok as a pillow. Hope you feel better - be careful with neck strain on the computer until it works the kink out.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:48 PM   #160  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE...is your B12 low. That is the first energy zapper!
Old 01-27-2016, 04:19 PM   #161  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
We have some rain this morning - yeehaa. But it won't be enough to penetrate far into the soil and because it is humid, it is going up as fast as it is coming down. Bleh! But it will be good for the garden since I fertilised everything yesterday. Give it a chance to sink in - might have a jungle out there tomorrow

Nothing much to report here. Checked on my neighbours yesterday and they are all alive and kicking - well as much as 60-70 year olds are alive and kicking. The local kids have gone back to school after the long summer break and we are grateful for that. ODDU is slowly growing up and obeying commands better, but still insists on OWNING the neighbourhood - if I can see it, it's mine, if I can hear it, it's mine, if it is edible, it's mine, if it moves, it's mine. MINE, MINE, MINE.
Today, I am going down to the local Bunnings store and buying some more plants for the next part of the garden. I will take some photos when it is done and you can see the results of my efforts once it is all tidied up and looking good. Tomorrow I will see if the neighbour wants to go to Grandma's Kiwi Kitchen for lunch. No cook Friday. I told the kids yesterday that on Friday, the kitchen is closed because of illness - the cook is sick of cooking!

Happy - 6.30 How awful for you It must be hard for people to downsize to assisted living - all those memories. Nice that you got a morning that you didn't expect.
The Deli Storer Sistema product is shown below. It's not big as you probably thought it would be but it works well with defrosting enough meat for three - although probably not big enough for one of your gigantic American roasts! .
Haircut sounds nice. Plastic bags are terribly useful at times.

Laura - hope the neck is feeling better today

Michelle - seems to me that you are low in iron. It must be a constant struggle to absorb all the nutrients that the body needs with a much smaller stomach.

Annie - seems like you attract the needy just like my DS does and I do to a certain extent. Hope the DS gets some good news soon. I guess it must be hard on him with all these problems popping up and he is fairly newly married as well.
Chicken sounded good but for the time being I think I have had my fill of both chicken and spinach. Have to dream up something exciting for dinner tonight with neither of those ingredients. I may get some fish while I am out and the DS2 can have a steak. That makes life fairly easy. Baked spuds and maybe peas and carrots. Dinner is served.

Susie - so sorry to hear about the lady whose sons are affected by drugs. It is a very hard road to walk that one.

Well time I went and fed the cats, organised the dog and got myself into working around the house mode. Rain has stopped for the time being. We are supposed to have some wild weather tomorrow with rain, hail, thunder, lightning - the whole kit and caboodle. Looks like inside work for a couple of days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1481_Deli-Storer-Plus_Klipit_Food.jpg (24.4 KB, 7 views)
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:59 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Beginning to get my mojo back. I've been in a mild depression but think it has passed. Can't believe that this month is almost gone. 7 months and counting till retirement. Can't believe this either. Nervous and excited at the same time about the move.
I've just noticed that there is still some daylight and it's 5.30 p.m.
And there was daylight when I came to work this morning. Yeah the day's are getting longer.
--------
Shad
I like those containers. I don't think they have that brand name here. Makes a whole lot easier to handle. Dinner sounds good too.

Happy
I can understand about the lady wanting to pack and discard her own stuff for moving. I'm collecting boxes and discarding some things as I go. If I move to Jonesboro into a one bedroom I'll be having to get rid of furniture as well.

Annie
Sounds like a good idea for us to switch on the decluttering projects. Hope things go well with your DS's doctor appointment.

Thought I had time to finish this but it's time to make my last plant check. I'll come back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #163  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for my co-worker.

I spoke with her today and the visitation and funeral are on Sunday starting at 12:30. I will be there for both. Since it is on a Sunday, my DH can go with me and I'm thankful for that.

I haven't gotten much exercise in this week and I can tell my energy level is down. I am going to try to start going back to the walking tread desk for at least 2 days out of the week.

I have been doing my bike off and on this week and I always do my pt exercises for the back now. I don't want to have to start all over again.

Happy: I can't say I blame you for not wanting to climb stairs for the next two days. My left knew would hate me! As I was reading your post about about you new hairdo, when I got to the bag on your head, I barked out a laugh...my DH stopped by the office door and said "are you already". I was really laughing at that time and it took me a bit to tell him. Thanks for providing me with smile today!

Laura: I sometimes have a sore neck after I have been to the hairdresser. Something about how that sink fits my next I think. Happy gave you some great ideas and things to watch out as to what it might be.

You asked about the community team events that we have planned. We had a lot of great ideas. For the upcoming Super Bowl, we are going to have a chili cookoff. For March madness basket ball, we are having a chip did, nacho dip, etc challenge and we will stream some of the early games on the TV in our large conference room.

We are planning an bowling offsite meeting (during work hours) with another Department's Community team. We are all under one VP and a lot of our work crosses over with them so we thought it would be good to plan something together.

We do a lot of "food themed" things around sports so there will be something for baseball's Opening Day for the Reds when it is time for that.

We always have a canoe outing in August and a holiday party in December.

We do little things, like "who do you know" and have asked for baby pictures for people to match up to their co-workers, or things like " what was your first job". We put these things in our break rooms and people fill them out and then we do a "reveling party". We sometimes have 2:00 fun. We will have corn hole games, or we bring in the wii and do Guitar Hero. Just things like that to get people up from their desks and blow off a little steam.

We celebrate birthday's qrtly with cake.

We do have a lot of fun and we need it as hard as we all work.

Ceejay: Glad to hear the "gloomys" have passed. I can feel that way very easily if I don't get enough sunlight, which is something to really work at in the winter here in Ohio.

Shad: It seems you are enjoying your time at home. Did you get your plants bought and planted?

Annie: Is the boss out all week? I thought I remembered you saying he was out. Are you still doing your cardio workouts at the hospital?

Michelle: You can do this half marathon! I hope you figure out what is causing your low energy and get it fixed right away. Annie suggested it might be your B12. I think that is a good place to start checking.

I'm going to end here. DH and I are going to try to catch up on the Biggest Loser episodes tonight. We have 3 of them to watch. We will most likely get through two of them.

Hi to Dee and Tara! We miss you!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #164  
Annie - Indiana

Good Good Morning/Night/Week.....

Last night was easy peasy. C still eating the leftover chicken, me I popped a mini cheese pizza in the oven, not real diet friendly but I justified it with it is mini, only cheese, and I don't eat the outside crust. ba ha ha. Funny how I can justify most anything.

Tonight is babysitting for a couple of hours for the boys. Sis is going to yoga and Chris has basketball practice with Ainsley. Ains starts volleyball this Saturday. So her BB and VB schedules will overlap for a few weeks. May try to make her VB game Saturday afternoon. It will be fun for me, the boys and I do really silly stuff, belly laugh, and of course, play trains/cars/nerf ball. I may stop on the way home and get their favorite, Oatmeal Cream Pies as a treat. Don't tell Curtis as that is not his product. hehe. Speaking of oatmeal, I have a cookie recipe I will post shortly. I hear it is crazy yummy, but I have not tried them yet. Supposed to be a healthy cookie...we will see.

SUSIE...Your events for the year sound like fun. I love canoeing, but have not done so in about 20 years. Probably couldn't take it now with all my aches and pains. Bleh. Praying for peace for you also as you attend the funeral on Sunday. Hugs my dear sister friend.

CEEG...WOW only 7 months till retirement. I have ONLY 9 years and 5 months to go. lol. Glad your depression is lightening up. These winter months can sure play heck on our emotions, well mine especially. Try to stay positive, wake up and before jumping out of bed, decide to make it a wonderful day!! Hugs to you also, sister.

SHADDIE...love no cook Fridays. C mentioned going out to dinner tonight since we have been couped in with his ailments for 3 weeks and his 3 nights of leftover chicken, however I reminded him I have to babysit, so I guess it will wait til the weekend. He can have leftover chicken again. lol. Hope you don't get to much froggy weather. (The frogs come out at night after a great rain). Stay inside with ODDU and make it a great day of training for him? or you? lol The garden sounds nice. Wish I could reap what you sow! Yum. The container looks like glorified Tupperware here in the states. Makes for great storage. Kiwi Kitchen sounds fun, what type of food do they serve?

I will come back to do more personals, have to post so I can go back a page and read.

Hugs all
Old 01-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #165  
Annie - Indiana

Oh, DS just called...He has a slightly enlarged heart, some blockage, irregular heartbeat. He goes back next week for more testing. For now he is taking cholestrol meds.

HAPPY...sad about the elderly couple that has to downsize and so many momentos. It is either now or later after they die that someone else will have to do it. Glad you got your morning back. Your hair sounds lovely. On the biotin, I used to take 5000mg and didn't notice a difference in my hair, not until I started taking 10000mgs daily did I notice a change...just FYI.

LAURA...so tell me what is it like to kiss someone with braces on? Or do you "make out" any more. hahahahha. The movie A Walk in the Woods was just ok in my books. Glad we rented it at Redbox instead of going to the theater.

Hello to all, come back and just stay!

Hugs