Old 08-20-2003, 03:39 PM   #16  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Hey there!
I joined you in the New years Challenge! I am sure we can lose 17-20 by then I am also glad to see you are going to do this the right way, like you said...most of these diets are temporary fixes and I know just by increasing the amount of good foods and avoiding the high fat and loaded with sugar choices we will be doing it right, Its really just a matter of eating less in the longrun.
Well I am off to get a popsicle LOL, catch ya after church
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:39 AM   #17  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Saw you in the other sight, that will be great for you to be at your goal weight. I'll be on my way to my long term goal weight. You're going to church now? I go to church on Sundays. You are a Christian, are you not. Your member name seems to hint at that very strongly Me too. I should look to God more for strength in this than I do. He is strong, and can make me strong enough to do this. Well, I really should go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow evening.
Diana
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 07:53 AM   #18  
Losing on the Beach

Smile Good Morning

Hope everything is going great for you today
As far as your question, I am most definatly a Christian
And so glad to see that you are as well, I know if it hadnt been for the Lord in my life I would be so undone and lonely, He is the best friend I ever had

I didnt even get to go last night though, my stomach was upset and I had a dizzy spell, Not sure what was going on but I am A -OK this morning, my girls start school today so I will probably post again if I get too hungry and start missing them
Catch ya later.....
Old 08-21-2003, 10:36 PM   #19  
A Mom

Christie
Glad you're feeling better. Hey, I noticed a new weight, you lsot 3 pounds That is absolutely fabulous! Tomorrow is the weigh day for the New Year's Challenge, don't forget. I had an okay day. Could have done better, could have done worse. I've had my baby a the sitters 3 days this week, and will do so 4 days next week, and a couple days the following week. Makes me feel guilty, but I have to help my Mom with this moving, we'll all be glad once that's over. I hope to go for a walk yet tonight with my hubby and baby. I'm nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. Hope you're having a good day, how did it go without your girls today? How did they enjoy their first day back at school? It's so hard to believe that it's that time of year again.
Well, gotta go
Diana
Old 08-21-2003, 10:42 PM   #20  
Losing on the Beach

Hi Diana!

I went to Tops tonight and lost 3 pounds from last week and about had a fit I love WW
Dont be nervous about weigh in ...you have been doing great and it will show The girls loved school and I made it through the day with out cheating once, even had to erase some points I didnt use....that was a new one I have my 1 month old nefew tomorow so I will be too busy to eat while he is here...he is very clingy. I will be sure to weigh in tomorow on the challenge thread and remember ...Your doing GREAT!!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 02:50 PM   #21  
A Mom

Hi Christie
That is great for you that you're doing well on WW. I lost 2 pounds, and I'm quite happy with that. My aim is for just over a pound a week. Next week I hope to be under 200, and never to see those numbers again. I'm not having the best of eating days, I really have the munchies as it's rainging outside. That seems to do that to me. My baby isn't wanting ot sleep today, I think he's over tired and can't fall asleep. It's almost time for his next feeding and he still hasn't napped. Oh well, at least he's not crying. So how is your day going? I hope well. Is your nephew treating you well? 3 month olds are a bit easier than a 1 month old. Best of luck,
Diana
Old 08-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #22  
Losing on the Beach

Smile WAY TO GOAL DIANA!!!

Two pounds down
That is wonderful!! I just know if we even lose one pound a week or even maintain, we will be doing good, I did the program at Tops last night and tried to encourage the ladies to at least shoot for a 1/2 pound loss every week and it will add up to a victory before you know it...I mean that is 24 pounds a year
And it is SO worth it ! I jusy dropped james back off to his mom, and boy did he wear me out today LOL, he tummy was hurting and it seemed like he just couldnt be comfortable, I fely sorry for him and rocked him and walked him around as much as I could. Hope your little one gets some sleep today, And I understand about wanting to eat when it is rainy I am the same way Just be sure to load up on fruits and veggies and you'll be fine.....Catch ya later tonight!..........
Old 08-23-2003, 12:23 AM   #23  
A Mom

Hi, hope you're doing okay. I've eaten okay today, but not great, I also did no "exercise", like usual. oh well, there is always tomorrow. have a good night. I'mtired and have to go to bed (got up at 6:30).
Diana
Old 08-23-2003, 07:51 AM   #24  
Losing on the Beach

Talking Saturday Saturday

Good morning

Hope you are doing well so far today, I too had a rough day yesterday food wise, Weekends are the worst for me
I want to eat like I used too when they roll around, but it is all in my head and I am working through it best I can, I did stay within my points but it was sure hard! We have some friends from church coming tonight and it was hard to figure out a meal that I can feed all of us and still stay on track but I think I found it
I will have a cup of spaggetti, 1 breadstick and 1 slice of low fat lemon pie I make myself and end up with 10 points for that meal. Wish me luck today I will need it...you said weekends were easier for you but I will still say a prayer for ya
Old 08-23-2003, 09:33 PM   #25  
A Mom

Hi
I hope you're supper went well. Low fat lemon pie, that sounds good. I did good today except for one snacking episode. I bought the cheerio/pretzel mix and hubby and I had quite a bit. I've done really well today otherwise. I also got quite the workout as I cleaned my whole house today. I had the baby in the Snugli while I vacuumed the whole house, and even broke into a sweat. He fell asleep while I was vacuuming, interesting. I'm just really waiting for the crop on our field to be swathed so that I can go for walks on it. I hate to walk on the road because of hte traffic, so I never walk now. I hope you have a good evening with your church friends.
Diana
Old 08-25-2003, 05:19 PM   #26  
Losing on the Beach

Hi there!

Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner....I got a virus on my new computer and had to go back to the old one Oh well it may be slower than molasses but it works right??
I did great the night I had company and have continued my WW all weekend without a hitch, My hubby took me for mexican today but I ate within my points and feel really good about that, I have about 8 left and I have a microwave dinner that has 4 so I will be fine, How is everything on the homefront for you?? Bet the baby loved being snuggled up too mom while you cleaned Well got lots of e amil to check LOL check back with ya a little later!!
Old 08-25-2003, 10:53 PM   #27  
A Mom

Unhappy Sorry

Christie
Sorry that I was not responding. I didn't turn on the computer yesterday and today I was at my Mom's moving again. I'm getting rather tired of it, but one good thing is that it's exercise and it keeps me from eating. I've done good today, but not so good yesterday I should lose my goal of 1 pounds this week with all the moving and cleaning I'm going to be doing. Sounds like you're doing well, sticking to your points and all, that's great I'm getting a little overwhelmed that this summer is coming to a close, it's almost September There's so much I should be doing. Maybe it will have to wait till next year. Things are jsut so different with a baby. Well, I should go, I hope you ahve antoher good day tomorrow.
Diana
Old 08-26-2003, 11:42 AM   #28  
Losing on the Beach

Red face Good Morning

Hope you are getting some rest...you have been a very busy woman
I am so proud of you for watching how you are eating and being as busy as you have
I remember when the girls were little...seems like I never got caught up with the house or anything else for that matter
But I will give you a piece of advice my grandma gave me at the time...mind you I got pregnant again 9 months after the first one was born

She said....Honey it will still be there when you get too it

And ya know what she was right...ITS STILL HERE LOL (just kidding) But in all honesty my house was never perfect or even close while the girls were younger I mean I am still cleaning deep down and they are half grown! Well I guess I had better run off and get a few things done around here....You have a great day and keep up the good work
Old 08-28-2003, 12:31 AM   #29  
A Mom

Hi Christie
There, I went and put the baby down so now I can type using all my fingers instead of jsut the one. Sorry that I'm not on the computer that much these days. As usual I was at my Mom's all day. In the evening our pastor couple came to visit, a baby visit they called it, a bit late but still great. They're leaving our church the end of September and we still don't have a replacement. Oh well, it's all in God's hands.

So how have you been doing? Have you been exercising? And how's your eating been? Do you find that you eat while the girls are in school? That's my bad time, when I'm all alone. Although, I'm not alone, my boy is learning from me already, I really don't want to teach him the bad food and health habits I have. I'm going to have to be very aware of what I do around him. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow as I'm going to town and can weigh myself at the clinic. My scale is suspicious, before, it was 0 when nothing was on it, now it shows 2 pounds when nothing on it. Weird. I want to know what I really weigh and then I'll have to set my scale accordingly. Well, I should go to bed soon as tomorrow is another cleaning day at my Mom's. Oh fun (note the sarcasm). Today was not a good day for eating, not too bad though. We went out for lunch, and I should have had a salad, but didn't, and we had cinnamon buns for coffee break. I ate a very lite supper, beets and yoghurt (just what I had in the fridge).

Your advice from your Grandma is good, but some things won't be there when you get a round to it. I want to do canning from my garden, but don't have the time, and soon it will be too late. Oh well, try again next year.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Diana
Old 08-29-2003, 08:12 AM   #30  
Losing on the Beach

Well good morning LOSER
You are losing girl
Down another pound and a half!! That is AWSOME!!!

I always hate to call anyone a loser but in our case it is a wonderful name to be So working at your moms had a few benifits I see.... WAY TO GO!!

I am a Loser too so we are both doing really well and I want to say thank you for being here for me, It is so much easier knowing someone else it there to help through the rough times
I actually joined WW yesterday and went to my first meeting!
I am paid up for 4 more so we will see how well I do in that time, I only have to show up once a month so the 44$ sign up will be all I am out if I reach goal by November, then if I hit goal it is free to attend every week free of charge. I hope to hit their goal by then but we will see...they want me at 144 but I am happy at 150 I think, cant remember honestly LOL, Hows that baby???
Well I guess I had better run off and start the day...catch ya a little later !