Old 09-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #121  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ugh, up with the farmers this morning. and didn't get much sleep last night - don't think I even got 4 hours in. Going to be a long day but hopefully I can crash early because tomorrow is going to be a REALLY long day what with a festival in town and a sale going on at the shop. But today and tomorrow are supposed to be perfect, gorgeous autumn days. The trees are starting to turn - no doubt that autumn is in the air. I just hope it hangs around for a while. This is an el nino year so they are predicting warmer than usual temps for us and for those snowbirds who are trekking to warmer climates south and west - a cooler than average winter for them. Sometimes it pays to stay put

DH is all excited. Later today he is going to pick up his new John Deere mega lawn mover / snow blower. This one will be much easier to clean the sometimes damp grass that clumps underneath. And he is excited about the snow blower attachment. It was something we considered when we first moved here and he ordered one but later cancelled it in favor of a plow on the ATV. Turns out the plow isn't bad but when we get heavy snow the cable tends to unhinge itself when the ground is uneven (ie. snow ruts) and that is a pistol and a half to get back on, especially lying on your back in the snow. Also with plowing, you get a path that continuously gets narrower as you plow the snow, particularly when we had a cold, snowy winter like 2 years ago where it starts snowing in October and in April, you still have that October snow - ie. no melting. The spring of that winter, at the end of the season, we had barely and I mean barely enough width to get the truck out of the driveway. DH said if we had gotten another good spring snow we might have been stuck. This way with the snow blower he can blow the snow farther out into the yard and should be able to keep things cleaner easier with a combination of blower and plow. So he's a happy camper. I just wonder how big this monstrosity is. The boat shed and man cave are pretty much filled with machines. There is a car in each of the garages and the 1 car third bay of the garage has got the trash and recycle bins and some of my stuff that I need to get rid of. That was supposed to be my exercise room one day too. Gotta get crackin' on that. You wouldn't think you'd need the equivalent of a 6 car garage out this way but you do.

We have 2 or 3 (not sure) big bucks out in the yard. I think we have a new doe or two also peeking around wondering why this is the place to be. DH has named the new buck Henry the 8th because he has 8 points on his "rack" (antlers). I told him I have a feeling we will be having a whole boatload of critters in the yard this winter. As the adults have babies, the babies come to know this place so we tend to see more animals. And it seems that outsiders quickly figure out where easy food is once their regular foraging gets more scarce. If it wasn't for hunters thinning out the herd (and they do) we'd have a population explosion. And we also suspect that some animals move on of their own accord. They know what hunting season and the sound of those gunshots mean. I love this part of the year and hate it too. Last week the newspaper featured an eleven year old girl standing in front of her dad's pick up truck proudly displaying her first bear kill. Hunters are very proud of their "take" so for the next 2 months I will avoid looking at the last few pages of the newspaper

Laura - the whole world of thrift donations is a picky path. For each store it depends largely on how much space they have and what kind of store they want to keep. I am sure you have been in ones where the things are tired, it's hodge podge and stuff is musty smelling, on the dirty side and kind of broken down. This is the lowest levels of thift, they tend to be the recipients from other shops that cull through there donations and wares that have sat unsold for a long time. A good rule of thumb is if you weren't willing to buy it yourself, don't donate it. We are grateful for the steady stream of really nice stuff we get in but we do get our share of garage sale leftovers. We also get truckloads when someone is cleaning their cabins out - either from a death in the family or they sell their cabin. A lot of times we cringe because people use us as a cheap disposal site instead of paying to take things to the dump. Sometimes it costs US to get rid of stuff like that so we try to take a look at stuff like this before it gets in the store.

Sorry to hear that the cream irritated your face but I guess that makes perfect sense. If the lotion bothered you, the cream in the over the counter could also - never thought of that. Good to remember for the future. I hope the steroid meds help clear things up. Yikes on the bare face. I had to give up the makeup for 6 weeks after surgery and hated it. Just some bb cream to even the blotchy face would have been nice. 90 percent of the women around here are bare faced. I guess I will never lose the greaser in me At least I don't rat my hair, wear raccoon eyes or white lipstick any more But hey, if you have a nice even skin tone and enough natural dark eyelashes, natural is good. Bare faced I feel like my grandma.

Ceejay - ouch on the foot. Did you bruise the heel bone or might you have the start of plantar fasciitis? In any event if it keeps up for a few days get it checked out. Sometimes that takes a long time to heal and you do a lot of walking in your job. Hope you feel better.

Guess I'd better get off the computer and jump in the shower. The earlier I can get to the thrift shop and get my part ready for tomorrow, the sooner I can get out of there. I am hoping to come in around the others so that I don't have to get stuck in the drama. Too much drama lately and I am ready to turn a blind eye.

Have a good weekend everyone. Good luck with DH's conversion Susie - sending prayers and good wishes for a successful procedure.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:29 AM   #122  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Annie & Laura ~ We made Personal Pan Pizza's, They were very good, We each got 2 but I was only able to eat one, I had one during cooking class and I had my 2nd one for dinner last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 5:00 a.m. due to the phone. Its okay though I needed to get up anyway. Its now 7:14 a.m. I'm waiting for my clothes to get dry so I can get ready to go to Walmart, Dillions and Home Depot when mom gets home. She had to go to work this morning even though her mini vacation started yesterday after she got off of work. I hope she doesnt have to work all day. I hope she is just helping her employees open the store and then she'll be home so we can go on with our day and She can go on with her vacation. She doesnt feel good though, I think she has a cold so that sucks since she's on her mini vacation and she has a cold. I feel bad for her but I think she's still gonna do her projects and what she planned while she's on her mini vacation. I hope everyone is having a great Friday.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #123  

Morning all. Wow, another great day for weather here. Truly enjoying it.

Happy – Hope you finished up at the shop early today so you can get some R&R. I’d never thought about the snow taking up more and more space when the plow has to push it up against a previous snow pile. But then again, around here we don’t usually get continuous heavy snows that don’t melt before the next one comes. So is the new mower/blower like a big riding mower? Hope dh enjoys the heck out of it! Haha, your comment about needing the equivalent of a 6-car garage made me think of the tv show “American Pickers”. The people whose properties get picked tend to be rural and they “collect” all their lives. A lot of them live on a large plot of land and have the space to add another barn, storage building, trailer, etc. to store their stuff in. I think these people are really hoarders, but since they aren’t putting themselves in danger within their own living spaces, they are called collectors, LOL. Watch if you find yourselves having to add another storage building. And I will keep in mind the quality of what I donate to my local thrift shop…can I be less careful when taking stuff to Goodwill?? As for going bare-faced – I do that a lot (more than I should) on the weekend. For work, I always wear makeup. Today I only used concealer, eyeliner, and lipstick. The only thing I really skipped is the foundation. Sometimes I wear mascara, but not the majority of the time. I wish I were better with makeup – if I could take a lesson without the pressure to buy all the stuff they push that would be ideal. Not only do I probably not need all that stuff (primers of all sorts, for example), the prices of the department store cosmetic counter stuff can really be ridiculous.

Terra – I hope your mom doesn’t have to work the whole day and feels well enough to enjoy her mini vacation. Have a great Friday.

Annie – Enjoy the fishing!

Hellos to the rest of you!
--

Not much to report. I got bored last night and didn’t want to watch tv or read, so bf and I played cards. That was a nice change of pace.

Nothing planned for the weekend. I was supposed to have a breakfast with friends on Sunday, but one couldn’t make it and asked to postpone it. Nervy, IMO since this was planned about 3 weeks in advance. Whatever... On Sunday, bf was supposed to go on an overnight gathering with a family he has known & been close to since around age 13. Unfortunately, there was drama about one of the sibling’s kids reserving themselves a cabin (3 of the 4 are in their 20’s), and so bf bowed out so that at least the youngest kid (age 18) could share his dad’s cabin. Too bad, it would have been nice for him to get away for the day.

So I mentioned the other day that I sprayed the hydrangeas for the bee’s nest. Turns out bf did too. When I go out in the yard with the dog, I haven’t noticed any bees in that area. Hoping they are all “gone”. I will bravely try to once again dig out the phlox that self-seeded in the midst of those shrubs and hopefully get started on digging out the hydrangeas themselves.

Okay, off to post and back to work. Have a great weekend everyone.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Woke up to a phone call around 7.30 a.m. from my boss to go have a drug test at 9.00. Pooh I had planned to sleep in. Would you believe that one man came in with a heavy jacket on. It's not that cold here. The person collecting the samples made him take it off.
While I hadn't eaten this morning made an impromptu stop at the doctor's office for refills. I didn't know if he would take blood. Didn't have to have a blood draw. Glad I went, as there was a sign on the door stating that the office would be closed the first two weeks in October. I also go my flu shot today.
This afternoon I trimmed the hedge and raked the brown leaves off the front lawn. Depending on my foot I may mow the back yard tomorrow.
Also washed a very dirty vehicle.
I'm going to watch the new Cinderella DVD tonight.
------
Happy
I had the doctor check my foot this morning. I'm going to be charged with an office visit anyway. He said the foot was swollen. Dah. I have been thinking about the plantar fasciitis. I've had that before. He gave me Voltaren gel to use on it.

Laura
Seems like the bees and wasps are looking for a place to make a nest. I ran into some wasps this afternoon trimming a hedge. I stopped and ran. Later I used the water hose on the bush. They left. I'll check again tomorrow.

Terra
Sure hope your mom isn't coming down with a cold. Yum on the pizza. I bought a personal pan pizza yesterday.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:16 AM   #125  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for you prayers and kind thoughts for my DH. The procedure went well and he is once again in rhythm. I sure hope he stays there!

Afib is not curable, just manageable. The best that they hope for is long times of staying in rhythm.

This weekend, we are staying at home tomorrow. Doing things around the house and taking it easy. We might go see a movie. I have been wanting to see War Room and it is playing at our small local theatre.

We are meeting a friend Sunday afternoon and seeing "The Intern". I have been looking forward to seeing it ever since I saw the trailer.

I didn't make it to TOPS as I worked at the office until 8 pm last night.

Annie: I understand that break from FB. I try my best to stay off over the weekends on Sunday for sure and then sometimes I tell myself I only get 30 min a day to surf it and post if I want to. It can really be time waster.

Have a great weekend. It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned.

Happy: We have a short drive but have that same issue with snow piling up on the sides and making the drive narrow. We have talked about getting a small snow-blower.

Men do like their "power' toys

Laura: How is the skin doing now with the prescription? One other thing to consider is when washing your face, use something creamy (I use Ponds cold cream) and use your fingers for now and keep the water just barely warm and pat dry.

Ceejay: I hope the foot gets to feeling better soon. Remember when I had that foot issue a year ago and never figured out what was causing it? It really helped me to wear the "boot" when I had to do a lot of walking.

Terra: I hope your mom didn't have to work all day and you were able to do something fun with her on this mini-vacation.

I love deep dish pizza..it is my favorite. I have never made my own.

Dee: How are you? Is your weather beautiful up there?

Shad: Yeah the bad boss is gone! Is it making a difference?

Michelle: I saw on FB that your shoulder was bothering you again. What did the doctor say?

I hope to check in tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:11 AM   #126  
Turning Into A New Woman

Laura & Susie ~ Yeah mom didnt have to work the whole day, She came home around 8:30 yesterday morning and then we went on with our day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys and Gals,

Its 2:19 a.m. I slept for 7 hours so thats close enough to 8 hours. I'm up for the day now. I went to sleep with a headache and I woke up with the same headache. I hope it goes away soon cause it really hurts. I took something for it so I hope it kicks in soon. I need to take a shower today and work out twice today. I walked around walmart and dillions for an hour at each place yesterday so I got alot of exercise yesterday. Anyway I hope everyone has a great Saturday.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #127  

Morning, getting my day started late as I got to sleep in. I'd forgotten some of the story line in Cinderella. It was a good movie.
I'd like to see the Intern but will wait till it comes out on DVD.
I've been feeling sorry for myself about my foot. It's better this morning so I've got to get some things done as tomorrow is a work day for me. Ugh.
-----

Susie
Glad things have turn out well for your dh.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:36 AM   #128  

It's quiet.
Mowed the back yard yesterday and cooked my meals for this week.
Have a good day.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:42 AM   #129  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

VERY long day yesterday at the shop but we did exceptionally well in sales so it is all good. DH just announced that it's a beautiful day for an ATV ride (we have yet to take the buggy out this year and didn't at all last year) so I need to get dressed as he wants to go very soon. Will come back later for personals. Have a good Sunday everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #130  

Lost my post, drats. Gonna go to the farmers market now. Will post later.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #131  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Missing again. Oh well. It was a beautiful weekend and for once we had 2 whole days without rain. Naturally, it was best to be out in it than here talking about it.

Getting ready for my trip home next Wednesday night. I will take some of my stuff home since I have no need of it anymore. Some of it I brought over never got used, so I think it will be safe to take back again.

Things are look much better since the boss got the boot, although she says she didn't get the boot but resigned anyway - that's not the goss around the traps. Don't care really, as long as she goes. In the meantime, she is being really nice to me. I am not nice back! and if she thinks I will give her a reference for another job, I would suggest that she looks elsewhere since I would not be able to.

Anyway, hope everything is fine with the chicks. You are moving into Autumn and we have Spring on the doorstep. Daylight saving came in on Saturday night. Been running to catch up ever since. But the alarms went off this morning and I hopped out of bed and came to work. Doesn't make much difference in the mornings since I have been coming to work in the dark forever anyway - or so it seems.

Right better get off the computer and over to the training room before the participants get there and get hyped up on sweets - and it is only 6.45am!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:02 PM   #132  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Chicklets I hope that your weekend was relaxing & that you'all have a fabulous week ahead w/o drama & problems that r upsetting

Susie, I'm happy for J. that everything went well for him. Can U imagine the outcome for ppl w Afib 20 yrs ago w/o todays science... I know tomorrow's work week will b easy-breezy for both of U now. How close r U to the goal U gave yourself, I know it will happen for U This week @ TOPS U will b their biggest loser. 'Stress burns' lots of cals/fat, it does that to me even if I eat Spumoni ice cream all week during my stress.

Annie, Wow your weekend plans were awesome for U & C. w the wedding excitement over. Do U think S. & C. will now have baby #3 for Grammy How's Michael been? When U talk about your Ds, it's so endearing to read. Most mom's like me don't get to b w their Ds's & especially their spouse letting mom do as much as U do w your son, she's very kind to b sharing her hubby w U.

Shaddie, regarding your comments about your "boss." I would've enjoyed watching your go-arounds w her, it would make a good 'soap opera' to watch. It's too bad that U don't have a video camera on a necklace so we could b enjoying your Aussie life. I still have many of the pics U shared w us here, especially beautiful is the parrots U fed in your backyard. I think we aLL miss U & your pics, except the snakes & spiders...

Ceej, I hope your foot is feeling much, much better as U r reading this. I hope that your boss has been giving U a assistant for the running around that U sometimes need to do... or maybe a 'scooter'

Terra, I hope your life has been good & that your weight is going lower Did U ever get another puppy, they make us lose pounds taking care of them potty time & play time.

Happy, How's it going w your Day Planner for October @ the shop & w Dh. Will U do a Halloween theme in the shop windows & dressing-up the pets in costumes for adoption pics? Our local animal shelter puts pics of adoptable pets weekly in our local Buyers Guide & newspapers. Ppl would more easily adopt a shelter pet, if they didn't have to pay a high fee for the pet's shots/vaccination/spade-neutering to take their pet home... Do U dress-up in Halloween costumes during October @ the shop?

Laura, How r U doing w the fall & your allergies? Lots of leaves to bag like Ceej? When I read your post going to the Farmers Market, I wanted to phone U & meet U there I miss my garden being over getting fresh organic food, except our apple/pear trees r still giving me fruit for pie, tarts, caramel apples About your bee prob, we always have bee's & wasps because of the flowers, shrubs & my garden but we took a risk on QVC w their Today's Special Value 'Insect Killers' that look similar to the old style of zappers that basically attracted moths & killed them. Because I'm allergic to bee's my Dh watched the presentations & when the host living on a farm w horses, cattle said he bought 6 that weren't on sale & how they helped eliminate his flying insect problem, my Dh got 2. We have only had 2 flies, 0 mosquitos & no bee's or wasp's/hornets/bumble bee's fly inside our home, garage or pole barn. When I look through the metal mesh insect trap, there r dead, big eyed bugs & fly's, bee's trying to get inside the trap. Dh said he's buying 2 more next spring, he used to fog our backyard to keep the flying insects away from our pool & hot tub & the g-babes playground area & near our front porch.

Michelle, Were U this active socially before your surgery or have U always been on the go w your friends. It just seems like you've blossomed like a beautiful flower, that your self-esteem has grown & U are a bubbly, happy girl this year You deserve happiness, peace & to b Luved.

Wednesday, Wasn't a fun afternoon. I had a doctor appt. & had 4 steroid shots in my head w tiny needles hitting my skull & it still really hurt, this was my last time from my 3 month course. Then a couple of cortisone shots in my back for pain to decrease the pain pills I take. I drove 30 minutes home, stopping @ Mc'D. got a chocolate chip cookie 3-pack, & a Dr. Pepper & I ate while driving. I was not in the mood to go inside & eat healthy.

Thursday, was a long day for me. Up @ 4am w Dh, he left for work, back to sleep @ 5am & up @ 7am for a 45 minute drive to the doctor for my annual pap physical @ 9am, her computers were down/offline so patients had to wait over a hour for our apt. Patient files r in the computer programs... Then shopping for +2 hrs for my niece's wedding Saturday. I ended up buying a long slim skirt w 2 side walking slits, I can wear it w tall boots this winter & got a slinky top both a size medium petite length on sale, I didn't have to shorten them & I didn't have anything in my closet I wanted to wear. My OBGYN doctor wears a size 0 & is 4'10" petite frame bones, 48 yrs old, told me my muscles were soft & told me to go to a bike 'spin-class' or buy a stationary bike. She said last year I looked healthy & toned & there is No reason to let myself go downhill. My labs & mamo r good w the exception of 1, my immune system/antibodies. She put it to me about my body & I got her point.

Saturday, we went to my deceased brother's granddaughters wedding & it was beautiful outdoor temps @ 5pm. I was supposed to help & bowed out gracefully in June w/o talking about my problem. I saw distant relatives & friends & my sons & we enjoyed ourselves & we left after the cake was cut. I received compliments saying I looked beautiful, including from my ex-dh & his wife which really shocked me, she has short cute hair & mine I styled long-beach waves. They r friends of the grooms parents. I stupidly hurried to turn-off my flat-iron doing my bangs & I broke my 2nd last piggy hitting the door in the afternoon. My foot swelled, I continued doing my makeup resting my foot on a bag of frozen veggies & a bag on top of my foot then I dried it & I used the Sally Hansen spray tan for legs to cover the bruise & buddy taped my toes & sprayed the tape. I didn't want to talk about my foot to ppl. Dh carried me into his truck & out of it & kept his arm around me to steady me to walk w/o limping. We had planned to stay & dance, but I couldn't. This week will b a easier week, no doctor apt or weekend plans, except a football game & tail-gate party on Saturday

Dee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 09-27-2015 at 08:03 PM.
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:31 AM   #133  
Turning Into A New Woman

MiniDoodles ~ Yeah my life is good. My weight is going down. Nope I havent got another puppy. At first I said I wasnt going to get another one but each time I see my neighbors dog it makes me want to get another dog. She has a cute little puppy so I'm still trying to make my mind up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 4:00 a.m. cause my back started hurting and I wanted a chance to watch a few hours of t.v before working out at 6:30 and then after I work out I'm gonna take a shower and get ready for my appt. this morning. When I get home from my appt. I'm gonna eat lunch and then work out for an hour this afternoon and then I'll do the dishes and then at 3 p.m. I'll have dinner and then I'll watch more t.v until 6 or 7 tonight and then I'll go to bed for the night.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #134  

Talked to my sis in Missouri last night. All was good. She told me that her daughter had moved with her bf to the state of Maryland to his parents house for the time being. She was at ease about this and that made me feel better too. My nieces brother has been in Virginia working with the EPA and visited with them for the afternoon. He's such a good guy.
Watched the lunar eclipse last night but disappointed that the moon wasn't as red as I'd seen in 1968.
For some reason I can't concentrate this morning. And have no energy.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-28-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #135  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Everyone...

Let's see. C and I did not go fishing on Friday, it was just too darn hot for the fish to bite. Oh heck. brb
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote