Old 09-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Back

We went to a movie instead and for the life of me I cannot remember what it was other than it was, well shoot brb
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #137  

Morning all. Happy Monday. I have a conference to attend today & tomorrow, so we’ll see if I can get this done. We have our department meeting shortly, and then I leave around 11:30-ish to go to the conference lunch and afternoon sessions. Tomorrow I’ll be out of the office all day.

Ceejay – So the drama with the niece is over for now? Yeh, I managed to see part of the eclipse last night too and did see some orange, but it was hard to see much. I was just happy that the clouds cleared enough so I could see something. Not like when they show a telescopic shot on TV, LOL. How does your foot feel today?

Terra – Sounds like you’ve got a good day planned. I hope the back pain eases up – maybe the exercise will help.

Dee – Sorry about the broken toe! Ouch!! Sounds like you had a lot of medical going on last week. What a PITA with the computers going down! Glad this week is free of appts. Hope you can get back to exercise!! My seasonal allergies are doing okay. My skin irritation is easing up, but there’s still dryness. I’m nervous to go back to using my moisturizer, even though I used it for several years without issue. We don’t have a lot of leaves falling in our area yet. However, we have a lot of green leaves on the ground in our backyard where the !@#$% squirrels have chewed them to get to the acorns!! And the yard is a mess with acorn bits all over and holes they've dug in the lawn. They have a lot of great stuff at the farmers market, but I’d go broke if I bought everything I wanted from there, LOL. It’s good you found a solution to the bees and other bugs, especially if you’re allergic to the bees. I didn’t end up digging yesterday because the bees are still around.

Shad – You must be excited to be going home for a few days this week. Been a long stretch away for you. Glad you had a nice weather weekend – those sure raise the spirits. Our Daylight Savings Time ends on Nov. 1 this year. Boo. It’s a difficult week following the time change.

Happy – Did you get out for your ATV ride yesterday?? Hope so! Glad the sidewalk sale went well. Did you get a chance to check out the fall festival?

Susie – Happy to hear your dh’s procedure went well. Fingers he stays in rhythm! Did you see “The Intern”? If so, how did you like it? Re my cleansing, I do use a very gentle cleanser, and our bathroom sink’s hot water takes *forever* to get really hot, so I’m not worried there. But I have noticed that with this dryness, wearing my hair down irritates the dry spots. What a PITA this has been.

Annie – Hope you had a good weekend in spite of no fishing.

Michelle – How did the 10k go?
--
My weekend was fine. Saturday I had a hair appointment, then went to p/u my contact lenses in the city. Hit DQ on the way back for a cone. In the car in front of me I saw someone giving their dog licks off a cone. When I pulled to the drive thru window I asked the employee if those people bought their dog a cone. He said they give free cups to dogs. Awwww…except it might not be all that healthy for a dog to eat…

On the way home, a few blocks away was an estate sale. I checked it out. Wow, the house hadn’t been remodeled or touched since the 70’s I’m guessing. The kitchen had a giant rotisserie setup in one of the counter areas. And there were two double wall ovens. The occupant was likely a widow – only women’s clothes. She must have never gotten rid of any clothes – the walk in closet was packed! Some vintage clothing, including quite a few furs. I bought a $5 grocery bag of clothes – a spring/fall lightweight shorty trench, a scarf, and a “white elephant” sweater I couldn’t resist. I may have to have a "crazy sweater party" just so I can use it, LOL. I also bought a corn de-kerneler gadget.

On Sunday bf went to his overnight gathering at the state park after all. He had to jumpstart the Acura before he left so I wasn’t left stranded without a car! After he jumped it I drove around for 45 min. to charge the battery. We need to drive that car weekly so it doesn't happen again. I also went to the library & Walmart. I didn’t dig in the garden yesterday (bees still around), but I did cut back a bunch of phlox that are done blooming. Better than nothing.

Last night I watched a documentary “The Queen of Versailles” about the family of the guy who owns the timeshare company Westgate. Until they hit hard times due to the recession, they were building a gigantic house in the fashion of the French palace Versailles. It was somewhat interesting, but not the best documentary I’ve seen.

I saw some of the super/bloodmoon lunar eclipse last night. Cool.

Okay, gotta get this posted. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #138  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

I could have used another day to this weekend. I think I'll be spending this work week "resting up". I had a lot of fun this weekend. Friday after work I picked up my race "bib" at a fitness/running expo put on by the race coordinators. There were lots of vendors with free samples, and I helped myself to those that didn't contain too many carbs or sugars. Friday evening, my friend K and I went to our weight loss surgery support group. Saturday, K and I went to the Renaissance Faire with my friend Mark and his wife. We all dressed in costume and had a great time!! Then Sunday was the 10K race. My friend Mark and I did intervals...2 minutes running followed by 2 minutes walking, so we ran 1/2 of the 6.2 miles....just not all at once. My right quad and hamstring were sore by the time we finished the race at approximately 10 am. I was pleased with my time of just over 1 hour 30 minutes (which averages to a 15 minute mile). While my time was a really good pace for me, it wasn't "fast" compared to some much more experienced runners. I've signed up for three 5Ks in October (10/3, 10/17, and 10/24) and another on 11/17. There are a couple other races I want to sign up for...one in November and one in December.

Oh, I have a phone interview today for a permanent job that's closer to home, pays a little more and has benefits! I like working at HP, but since they're laying off 30,000 employees makes me wonder if they have room in the budget to make any contractors permanent employees.

I didn't get to see the lunar eclipse....we had a lot of high clouds in the sky last night.

Time to get some work done.

Hope you all are doing well. Dee, I'm sorry to hear about your foot.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #139  
Annie - Indiana

Ok let's try this again.

I ordered and received a fitbit last week. Today is the first day I am wearing it, so far I actually like it, a lot. There is another girl here that has one and is showing me the ropes. She has been a lifesaver answering my questions, I think I am done for now. I am keeping track of everything on it, including my calorie intake.

OK, Ladies, I am fessing up. Hi my name is Annie, and I am an alcoholic. Functioning alcoholic. I started AA a couple of weeks ago and am doing great so far. I have been to a meeting every day except one. I have met a lot of nice people at the meetings and boy, do they stretch from one end to another on the scope to the other of personalities and occupations. I never thought of myself getting to a place like this. Partly me, partly bariactric surgery. I am determined to overcome this with never drinking a drop again. I can say that cause I am only 2 weeks into this. lol. (CHELLE...please take heed). Sorry if I disappoint any of you or have offended any of you. I feel better and am in a better place mentally also. Prayers please.

Saturday we went up to Cs parents. Cs nephew was in the play Wizard of Oz. Very, very cute. From 2nd graders age to high school age. Jayke is 6 and played one of the guards known as Winkies. You know the ones that march past and say ooooo eeeee ooooo. oooooo,ooooo. ooooo eeeeee ooooo. He was too cute to say the least. Then on the the hotel. Got up and went to breakfast and I-HOP (where the one-legged waitress works), and by my brothers house to pick up Sassy. She was very excited to see us. Home to watch the Colts FINALLY win a game then off to my meeting.

LAURA....How is your face coming along? You could just say you are prepping for Halloween. hehe.

CHELLE...great job on the 10K sister. Very proud of you. Good vibes coming your way for your interview.

SHADDIE...home again, home again, jiggity jig.

HAPPY....glad you had a good turn out for your sidewalk sale. Makes all your efforts worth the struggle.

SUSIE...YEAH! Good for DH. Happy campers this week, eh?

DEE...hope you are feeling better and more like yourself.

CEEG...glad you and sis got things straightened out and all is good with your decision.

TERRA...what's cookin?

That is about it for me, make it a great week all!

Hugs
Old 09-28-2015, 01:23 PM   #140  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

I am SO GLAD to leave last week behind me. A lot of tiring work, an excessive amount of people drama and I am so behind in work here at home it's not funny. Looks like someone tipped my house on edge and shook it - I have run in and out and dropped bags on the floor to deal with later (books and papers but not food ) It was a stressful week - I know because I have 2 shingles type breakouts on my face. A grim reminder to slow down and regroup. Yesterday I ignored the house I should have been dealing with and DH and I took the UTV out for a ride for the first time in 2 years (we did not use it at all last year because of the horrific mosquito invasion). It was a beautiful day outside and we had a really nice 4 hour ride. Stopped for lunch and should have made different choices as neither one of our meals were all that good. Sometimes it's best to stick with a burger. Got home and DH wanted to capture pictures of the super moon. We were looking for a good / picturesque east facing site and I found 2 of them. He also preferred water for the moon's reflection. Lots of places here have high tree lines so we wanted something that was low to the horizon because the moon is the biggest as it just rises into the sky. We found the perfect place - one side faces east with good moon shots and sunrises and across the road faces west for good sunset views. And you can park off the road so you don't have to worry about you or your car getting hit. I posted 2 pictures on FB - my Cannon Powershot takes nice pictures but is not that great in lowlight - the shutter has to stay open longer which picks up me moving so I need a tripod. But it was a great day. We didn't want to hang there for another 2 hours for the lunar eclipse so we headed back home and watched half of it before the clouds moved in. We were both hungry so I made some bacon and eggs for a very late supper at 8pm. I went to bed at 11 and woke up at 5 am and could not fall back asleep so I got up at 6. Washed the supper dishes - usually I don't leave them but I was beat last night. Sorted papers, made a list of what I need to get done this week - it's a long one. I did get a few things knocked off my list by the time DH slept in until 8am. Then he is considering attending a wildlife photography class in Montana in June so I helped him find prices on airfare, car rental and hotel. Today is the last Farmers Market of the year outdoors - last chance to get fresh produce and I'm hoping the rain will stop so I can head out there - otherwise it's too tempting to stay inside. I'm going to try that 21 Day Fix diet starting today so I need to plan for that too. And now I am getting tired from getting up at 5am which I knew would happen!

Annie - bummer that it was too hot to fish on Friday. We had gorgeous weather in the mid to upper 70's but it's going to cool off a lot when this rain moves through. 30s at night for the rest of the week so that's the end of the garden for us I guess. Has your foot been giving you any troubles?

Ceejay - yes, I also thought the eclipse was not as red as I have seen it before. I guess you are having one of those "my get up and go got up and went days" Hope you find the lost energy.

Terra - I saw a cute picture last week of a Dog's Last Will where he willed his dog bowl and favorite blanket to a new dog that was looking for a good "mom" and someone to love it like they were loved. It was really cute - you can't replace Clyde but there might be a new pup who needs some love from you too. Keep up the good work on losing.

Dee - I don't dress up for Halloween at the shop - at most I wear a Halloween t-shirt if I am working that day. The ladies at the shop are good about decorating - they have a pretty "autumn" table up front and in back a nice table with all sorts of Halloween decorations. It would be nice if we could get them to do more decorating but we have to do it on a cheap budget. As for adopting animals at the shelter, people think they are expensive but then they think since it's a shelter they should get the animals for free. It costs us to have the animals checked out and we also spay / neuter any animal that is up for adoption. We get a break on fees from the local vets but it still costs money. And we have some programs to help people who can't afford the fees. Every dollar we get goes to helping another animal down the line. Sorry to hear you had to endure such painful shots - I hope they at least help with the pain and ouch on the toe stub Makes you want to get rid of your furniture! I had to smile at your OBGYN's comments. Next time tell her that at a size 0 she is at extra risk for osteoporosis Actually that's true.

Shad - that's nervy of the boss to think that after being wretched she might be requesting a referral / reference Yes, the seasons are changing for both of us - a time when we both are happy with the seasons. Yikes - you sure do work long days! Did you get over your cold?

Susie - I'm glad your DH made it through the conversion ok. Must be a relief. Hope it sticks Thanks for the positive review on The Intern. We are going to see it also.

Laura - yes, the snow blower mounts to the front of the lawn tractor. I imagine he removes the deck with the mowing blade for the winter. No need to "mow snow" Although I wonder if that chips ice Actually when it comes to recycling things - I think Goodwill and Salvation Army have a means of passing along things they can't use. I heard that clothing is turned into rags or something. I do hope you got the bees our your yard once and for all. My honey bees are going to town on the sedum and even on the chive flowers. But they are good bees, they are so focused on getting pollen that they don't pay attention to us walking around. Now those nasty commuter bees / yellow jackets on the other hand

Well I had better get off the computer as it's getting into the afternoon and I have all day out of the house tomorrow so I need to cram more in today.

Have a good start to your week chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:33 PM   #141  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Just read your last post Annie. My dad was an alcoholic, I could have turned into one from my job in financials in the 80's and I have an addictive personality so I totally get how one can fall into something they didn't outright intend to. Congrats to you for having the courage to face your demons and to open yourself up to the world and do something about it. I wish you all the best and as anyone here, am always available for a hug, boost, kick or stern finger swag if and whenever you need it. You are like me with cigarettes - one is too many and a thousand is never enough.

Oh shoot - DH is scheduling someone to come look at installing a French door - I'd better go clean up. Later chicks...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #142  
Creating a Healthier Me

Quick check in on my lunch break....

Laura - I realized I didn't answer your question....yes, I have a lot more social things going on. I'm sure it's a direct result of my weight loss because before I had literally NO ENERGY during the week and not much energy on the weekends. During the week, I would go to the dog park sometimes and then it would be home and to bed. Now, I'm usually going to the gym or walking Santa and then to the dog park...and then home to take care of stuff there. Also, before my surgery, my activities were limited because I couldn't do anything that required a lot of walking (like going to the Renaissance Faire). I feel so much better now.

Annie - I am SO proud of you girlfriend for taking this big step toward your recovery. My mom was an alcoholic. She never did admit it to herself or anyone else....she just had to almost eliminate alcohol from her life because on her fixed income, she couldn't afford it. I have an addictive personality too. For me, my drug of choice is sugar. It is why I haven't lost hardly any weight in almost 6 months. It's terrifyingly automatic for me to stop at a fast food place for some ice cream, or to buy some candy at the grocery store. I don't have the bad dumping side effects, and I really wish I did. The hard thing is that sugar is everywhere and in nearly everything. And it's not like you can get arrested for driving under the influence of sugar. Annie, I am comparing myself and my addiction to you and yours....so many of us have our demons. It sucks.

I tried OA...and went through the steps...but even while I was going through it, I had a hard time staying abstinent from sugar. I need to sort this out because in less than 2 months, I'll be having my surgi-versary. And I really want to lose another 10 lbs between now and then and have good blood tests too. Right now, I worry that my A1C might not be as good as it was at 6 months out.

Sending you big hugs, Annie. I'm always here for you if you want to talk or vent or cry or anything.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #143  
Annie - Indiana

Thank you CHELLE and HAPPY for your kind words. Lord knows I have beat myself up over this so many times. Your encouragement helps in so many ways.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:55 PM   #144  

Height: 5'7"

Annie: we love you...addictions and all...like Michelle said, we all have them.

I most certainly eat for comfort. I remember the first time that I ate something to just make me feel better. I was 8 yrs old.

When I was in my 20's I was quite the party girl and I don't remember many of the "fun" times as I was drunk for days on end. I remember when I made the decision I wasn't going to do it anymore. It wasn't easy, I have a addictive personality. I sought professional help. I don't think I was an alcoholic but I knew I was headed there.

I have a friend who didn't get drunk like that but years later she came to realize she was a functional alcoholic. She worked, she paid her bills, she put on a good front, yet she knew this about herself. She too sought help and has succeeded.

You have taken a brave step and I am proud of you and I am here with the others to help you and support you.

Happy: I can't wait to hear what you think of the "Intern".

Dee: What an ordeal at the doctor and then to break your toe!!! You handled it like a trooper.

As for my goal..I'm a long way away! I have lost and regained and lost and regained..and this time, I'm putting a stop to that.

Michelle: I hope the interview goes well. As for getting the sugar under control...do whatever you have to do this. You can do this! You want a glowing report at the doctor.

Laura: It sounds like you found a few "treasures" at that estate sale. I want to hear more about the sweater!

Terra: I'm glad that your mom was able to have time off with you. are you back to walking outside yet?

Ceejay: I checked out the moon last night too. It was pretty cool. How is your foot feeling?

You mentioned you cooked all your food for the week. What did you cook?

Shad: It was good to hear a bit from you. keep plugging away! Stop by when you can.

So ladies, I decided that I am going to use the tread desk daily--at least try for that but for sure 3 days a week for 30 min at a time to start. It is in addition to my stationary bike.

I signed up my times for this week and next. You can't go more than 2.0 MPH and I can do it at 1.8 MPH hour and answer emails and read them (a little slower but still can work, and walk and move). This tread desk is in a room away from all the cubes so it is relaxing in there too.

This is what it looks like below. I used it today for 30 min at an average of 1.8 mph and I did 2667 steps. The treadmill keeps track of the steps.

I didn't put my fitbit on my shoe and so it didn't give all of them.

I'm not swinging my arms while I'm walking because I'm working, so hands on keyboard but from now on I will put my fit bit on my shoe like I do when I'm riding my bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tread desk_resized.jpg (28.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 09-28-2015 at 05:58 PM.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #145  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Yeah my back isnt hurting anymore, I guess I slept too much or something.

Annie ~ I dont know if your talking about my post or if your asking what we are cooking in cooking class but in cooking class we are making Chicken Enchilada's without the green chilies. I'm looking for to seeing how they taste compared to my mom's chicken enchilada's. My mom's chicken enchilada's are pretty good.

Happy ~ Thats a neat idea. Yeah I know there are alot of puppies and dogs that need homes so I'll probably go ahead and get one around Christmas as a Christmas present to myself. Thanks for commenting on my weight loss, I've been trying really hard to get back down to the 280's, Would love to be in the 270's though. I havent been lower then 279 since I started my journey in Jan. of 2014.

Susie ~ 70 degree weather will begin on Friday so I'll start walking outside this weekend. I love 70 degree weather.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys and Gals,

Can you believe Thursday is Oct. 1st? Sept. just flew by. I cant believe when Oct. comes it will be a month until Nov.(Thanksgiving) and then Christmas in Dec. But since its gonna be Oct. What is everyone doing for Halloween? Scott and I are gonna take turns passing out candy to the kids if we get any trick or treaters this year. Some years we have got kids that came up to the door and other years like last year we didnt get any but we're still buying candy cause even if we dont get any kids we can still use the candy for the Christmas Stockings. Scott and I are also gonna watch a couple horror movies on Halloween night too.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:41 AM   #146  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning All....

My day was long. Work was a little stressed. Upper management will be here tomorrow and Thursday, oh why couldn't my dentist appt be on Thursday rather than Friday? lol UM only comes to our site once a year. Fortunately, they came before I start this position with the company last year.

SUSIE...I printed out a picture of the tread desk daily to show my manager. Not that this company is anywhere near adopting anything like that but what could it hurt to put the bug in someone's ear? Thank you for you kind support with my AA. I am doing well with it and actually like it. Yes, I was/am a functional acoholic. There were days I didn't drink, thank God it wasn't every day, but nearly. The demons and battles we fight, is this so we will appreciate heaven even more. hmmm.

HAPPY...you need this week to rest up from the past several of on the go weeks you have had. Glad the sidewalk sale went so well. Nice you got one ride in this year on the UTV. Thank you for your love and support.

CHELLE...maybe try going back to the basics, day one of food for WLS. Sometimes it gives you the reboot you need. Hugs to you as I know it is very tough row to hoe.

TERRA...mmmmmmmmm, chicken enchiladas. Love Mexican food. Be careful on the calorie count.

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies.

Hugs
Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #147  

Morning all from the train. Just a quick comment to Annie - no we're not disappointed or offended with your "confession". I'm so happy you're facing this. My dad was an alcoholic & it's a lifelong struggle. I hope AA is a great support system for you, and you know we're all here for you!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:27 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Hugs, I think we all have some sort of addictive personality. Mine is food. I came out of the closet on my trip to Missouri. Shocked my sis and bil for sure. I am here if you need me. I have to deal with a lot of emotional stuff. My grandfather was an alcoholic. I love my fitbit. I logged my food from the app on my phone too. I still eat to many calories, and I'm getting more stamina from the walking.

Happy
I know you will be glad to have some time at home. My apartment sounds like your house. I finally cleaned the kitchen last night. I will do some more cleaning tonight. I love the photo's that you dh post on FB. Has he considered doing a calendar?

Shad
Ii bet you will be glad to have some rest and relaxation also. You've been busy.

Susie
Thanks for asking about my foot. It's a lot better.

Laura
I've lost my train of thought. !!!!!

More later.

Last edited by ceejay52; 09-29-2015 at 09:27 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #149  
Annie - Indiana

LAURA and CEEG...thank you for your support.

I don't know what I would do without all your gal's support and love. Thank you, thank you, thank you,
Old 09-29-2015, 10:18 AM   #150  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi all,

The phone interview didn't happen yesterday. It got rescheduled for 11:30 tomorrow (Wednesday) which was fine by me because I was pretty tired yesterday and usually make a better impression earlier in the day.

I was so thrilled that the Packers won last night! I hope they can continue this exceptionally high level of play throughout the season.

This Sunday, the Packers play the SF 49ers in a stadium that's about 20 minutes from where I live. I wanted to go, but just couldn't see spending $225-$275 for a ticket, so I'll either watch from the Packer bar (if others are going but most are going to the game) or from home. The cool thing is that the Packers are having a Pep Rally Saturday night in San Jose! I'm definitely going to that. Since the Packers don't have an owner (they are the only NFL team owned by fans), the head honcho President of the Packers will be speaking as well as some former players (I think the current players will be busy practicing at that time).

Annie - Just like you to help me out while you're dealing with your own stuff. Thanks for the tip. I am logging my food....all my food....starting today. I'm going to email my nutritionist and see what the max amount of carbs and sugar I should have for the day is....and stick to that. Addictions suck, but we are strong women...and even stronger together. We can do this.

Ceejay - Yep, I'm a food addict too. Specifically sugar. I was hoping that I wouldn't be able to tolerate it even in small amounts post surgery.

Susie - That tread desk looks really cool!

That's about all the time I have for personals...I've got to get lots done before a meeting.

Much love and many hugs to all,