Height: 5'9"

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!!

Oh shoot I will be back.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #107  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Annie,Laura,Happy ~ I havent ordered my Zumba DVD yet, I'll order it next Friday on the 2nd.

Ceejay ~ Yeah I think The Zumba dvd is gonna be fun too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at 4:20 a.m. and then went back to bed at 5:30 until 8:00 a.m. I'm about to go start watching for my bus. I'm going to school today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and then tomorrow I have cooking class from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. I hope everyone has an awesome Wed. Take Care Everybody.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #108  

Morning all. Another lovely weather day. First day of autumn. I was walking doggy over the weekend and someone in the neighborhood already had their Halloween decorations up. That’s pretty early! I expect that of the retailers, but not everyone else.

Terra – I hope you have an awesome day too!

Hi Annie! Today’s the !@#$% report day, right? Good luck with that.

==

Wow, quiet here! Guess everyone’s really busy. I’m having a welcome lull at work at the moment. If only the boss would leave, haha. Turns out he’s in the office ‘til about noon today, and then he leaves for the flight to his conference. It’s in DC, so I hope he doesn’t have too much trouble with all the extra travelers there for the Pope’s visit.

Nothing much to report on my end. A few months back, I couldn’t find my usual facial moisturizer at the store, so I bought another brand. I didn’t care for it, so I didn’t use anything on my face during the summer, and hadh no issues. Until now. The weather has been so dry these past few weeks, that a couple spots on my face are now very dry, and in one spot the skin is itchy and flakey (and red!). I finally went out the other day and found my usual moisturizer at another store and started using it. I hope the dry spots go away soon!!

That’s about it for me. Everyone have a good day.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #109  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies,

work is busy, "free time" is busy....I guess it's all good though...especially work being busy.

This Saturday, I'm going to the Renaissance Faire with my friend K and also with Mark and his wife. Should be a great time! And I'm thrilled that I can fit into my Ren Faire costume for the first time in about 15 years! I'm glad I saved it for all these years! It still looks great.

And Sunday is the Rock 'n' Roll 10K in downtown San Jose. Mark and I did a training run yesterday for it. We're still doing intervals...1-2 minutes of running followed by a minute of walking. My friend K started the C25K (Couch to 5K) several weeks ago and she's up to running for 18 minutes straight. She and I are doing a 5K in October, and I'd like to be able to run for the longer stretches of time. Right now, my lungs still give out long before my legs or back start hurting. I'm sure that will improve a bit over time.

Today after work, I'm seeing an orthopedist about my shoulder. To see if there is anything short of surgery they can do for my calcific tendonitis, which is a calcium deposit in my rotator cuff tendon. It's been hurting a lot lately.

Gotta go...a conference call meeting just started.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:28 AM   #110  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Happy Autumn Equinox. Leaves will start changing pretty fast as temperatures drop. Yesterday after I got home from the thrift store I went out into the garden. Picked a big bowl of cherry tomatoes. I have lots of roma's but they all appear to have rot spots or blight on them. So out of 8 plants loaded with tomatoes, I picked about 6 tomatoes that are actually edible. I guess this means time to pull them out for good.

I was supposed to go to a conference about cats about 5 hours drive south from here but am having some health issues so had to pass on that. Not sure if I will go to yoga today - I should but I don't feel up to it. Will see how it goes closer to class time.

Annie - it's cute that you changed your avatar as a salute to Mel. I wonder if she found herself some cuties where ever she is now. Hahaha on the scale saying lo - as if it was that easy! Did you recover from baby sitting?

Laura - I learned my lesson about face moisturizer back when I was in Tennessee. I always use something now - Aveeno is my moisturizer of choice now that Clinique kept deciding to drop my favorite (twice already). I have a difficult time finding something that moisturizes but doesn't make my face break out. But like you, if I go without the face gets all flakey quite quickly. I noticed too just in the last week that my hands are getting tight and dry. Time to bring out the hand moisturizer and leave it out around the house so I remember to use it. Oh man - your coworker with the office files now there can be a disaster in the making. It sometimes amazes me how perfectly competent and hardworking people cannot advance or get a job when there are others who even by the grace of God it's a stretch that they get paid I guess that keeps things in balance.

Some of the volunteers had been complaining that there was "junk" in the thrift shop - things that were over priced or should not have been sold in the first place (ie. chipped or broken or dirty items). I said to a few well then as you are tidying up, if you see something over priced, send it back to pricing for consideration and if it's really broken or in bad shape - dispose of it or if it has been around for over a year perhaps send it off to another shop or get rid of it. Well as always, good intentions go astray. Next thing I know people are yanking bags of stuff out. One person in particular that I saw - and I know there are more - is pulling out tons of stuff. I had to stop her more than once. We are a THRIFT store, not a high end resale store. Why don't people get that???? It also bugs me that one person asks for something in the way of supplies only to have someone else come along, decide that isn't necessary and then price it low and sell it or even worse, donate it to another thrift store. As such, I have put the kibosh on several requests for frivolous and unnecessary purchase requests. (I buy the supplies). Now it's getting to the point where they want to replace the store fixtures (so the place looks less hodge podge). OMG - I said how many dogs should we abandon so that we have matching shelves in the store???? What happened to common sense and middle of the road? I have to walk away from this periodically - these people are getting to me. I have never had to deal with such disfunctionality in my life. And I have to remember that it's not up to me to fix the world and I am going to have to learn to turn a blind eye to things. **breathe**

Well let me get off from this chair and go tackle a few things. I think I should go to yoga - just have to have the mind convince the physical me

Have a good day everyone.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:35 AM   #111  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Made it back, have about 1/2 of my report done. It has been a nutty day. No time for personals. Got a new Apple IPhone 6 last night and gave C my AI4 as his FLIP phone finally died. Yes he had a old not so goodie.

I will be back later today or tomorrow for more.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:06 PM   #112  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry, meant to be back and posting regularly but should never have said that I might have more time. I am pressured from not just the training point of view but the go-live point as well.
Some good things happen - Karma lives. My so-called boss is being moved on!!!!. Yeehaa.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:09 PM   #113  

Hmmm, messages disappearing into thin air.

I should never had said I might have more time now that we have a roster in place. I am now under pressure, not only from the training point of view, but from the go-live point as well. I thought I signed up for training not organizing the mobs for go-live. Aaah well.

But...............Karma exists. My so called boss was apparently given her marching orders yesterday and will only be here another 2 weeks.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #114  

Oh they are here, just not showing up when posting
Old 09-24-2015, 06:03 AM   #115  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,

I have a lot of personals to catch up on and will try to do that over the weekend.

Work has been off the chain this week. I'm off tomorrow for DH's cardio conversion. These things scare me so much! Just the thought that they stop and restart his heart....YIKES.

So, if you would keep him in your prayers I would appreciate it.

Time for me to get in the shower and get ready for work. I hope to make it to TOPS tonight but I might not if I don't get all done that needs done. It might be another late night in the office.

I had a small gain at TOPS last week, .75 lbs and I have been very mindful of my food this week as I knew I wouldn't be getting in exercise. So I hope it came off and more with it. I feel like I might be down a bit.

Much love to all of you! I miss you and can't wait to get back to catch up on all that is going on with all of you.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #116  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Yeah today is my Friday....goin' fishin' with my man tomorrow. Babysitting tomorrow night, then Saturday going to Cs parents to visit and then go to his 6 yr old nephew's play Saturday night. Staying overnight in Kokomo (15 miles south of his parents) then heading home on Sunday. Kind of breaks up the drive which is only about 1.5 hours to begin with, but hey.

I am thinking of taking a break from FB for a while. It is too consuming sometimes and I need to focus on other things. Nothing personal to you all or anyone else really, it is just me and what I need for now.

SUSIE...I will be praying for you and your DHs conversion. Hopefully this will be the last time he has to do this. Sorry work is so busy for you. Come on October 12 and unloading some of the workload. Hugs to you sister!

SHADDIE....Tell me, what is your last day at that place? Sounds like you are in a living h3ll. Too bad it took so long for you so-called boss to get her marching papers.

HAPPY...sounds like you are herding a bunch of cats at the thrift store. I think cats would do better. Did you make it to yoga? Did it help? How is your body holding up? Feet? eyes? I did recover from babysitting, but about to embark on that adventure again Friday night. At lease C will be there to help out.

LAURA...understand the facial moisturizer, I have that problem with mascara, just find the perfect one for me and boom, no longer make it. Bleh. Sounds like the rest of your week might be peaceful with the boss out of the office. Yeah!

CHELLE...you busy little bee. Have fun at the 5K! Are you feeling better and out of the blues stage? Eating right? No cheating?

TERRA...what did you make at cooking class? Are you applying any of the recipes at home. Becoming the chef wizard?

CEEG...how's the foot? Did you figure out how you hurt it? Glad you finally made you decision on where to live after retirement. Good for you.

DEE...hope you are feeling better each day and getting back to your normal self. Hugs

That about wraps it up for me today, make it a great weekend, I will try to get back before Monday. If I don't drive to his parents house I might get a chance to post while riding along.

Love, Hugs, and prayers to all.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #117  

Morning all. Staying home from work today. The things I've tried to remedy my irritated skin are not only not working but have made it worse. So I'm done. Gonna try to get in to see my doctor today.

Susie, prayers & best wishes that your dh's procedure goes well & has a successful outcome.

Back later.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #118  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Annie - yes, herding feral cats would be easier than dealing with people. Hope you have a good trip and some fun on your extended weekend. Safe travels! I get what you mean about FB and I hope you mean ONLY FB and not here too because we'd miss you too much. Yes, I did get myself to yoga yesterday - glad I did. I am still stiff and achey but I'm sure the yoga did some good. Thanks for asking. I need to get into town and get my new glasses ordered.

Laura - geez, that sounds serious with the skin. I hope it's not anything that can't be cleared up quickly. Sorry it turned out to be such a bummer.

Susie - prayers for you and DH. I know, the idea of them stopping the heart is crazy BUT if your heart is going to stop, being on a table surrounded by cardiologists in a hospital is the place to be. I am hoping that this does the trick for him. AND that he can relax afterwards and not be so worried about normal twinges. It took DH several months before he was convinced that things might be ok going forward. Scary.

Shad - glad the inept boss has been shown the door although this means you now probably have extra work which you probably did anyway. So how did go-live get dumped on you? You are now the trainer AND the Project Manager???? I swear hard work's own reward is more hard work.

Hellos to the rest

Lots to do today, best get on with it.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Susie
Sending good vibes and thought your way for the dh's surgery.

Happy
Good for you in getting to Yoga. That was good advice to the people at the Thrift store. Something they should have known to do anyway.

Annie
Do you do the reports once a week. Don't blame you for not being on FB. I'm not posting as much but do get on there to check things out from time to time.

Michelle
You are a busy person.

Shad
Yehaw for the boss getting the boot. Will make you busier but better than dealing with that person.

--------
I'm not sure how I hurt my foot. I'm thinking that I've bruised the instep and heal from walking on a gravel drive-way at my uncles. Bet I don't do that any more. It's painful to say the least. I was going to run some errands this week end but will have to wait till next week end. I did go to Walmart this morning. And hobbling along on a sore foot is not worth it.
I've been doing better with the food except for night after work. I'm still wanting to stop for something fast but it's just not worth going over my calorie limit.
Going to try my hands at making chicken and dumplings. I've got a craving for them.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #120  

Afternoon ladies.

Ceejay - Sorry your foot is hurting you. I've had some pain in my foot lately and I haven't even been wearing sandals all that much lately. I swapped out the orthotics in my "commuter" sneakers with the other orthotics in my "workout" sneakers. I think it's helped. Let us know how the chicken and dumplings turn out. It sounds tasty!

Annie - Happy "Friday" to you. How's the new phone working out? I still don't have mine set up the way I liked it before all the updates. Grrr. Enjoy your long weekend. Safe travels. I can understand taking a break from BF. I never post and lately I don't even see all that much I'm interested in...

Susie - Sorry work has been crazy for you this week. I hope you can get to TOPS tonight. Good for you keeping mindful of your eating. I've been just awful lately and I need to stop it. It seems like when I hit slow times at work, I get bored and snack a lot. That needs to stop!!

Shad - Yay for the boss moving on. Boo for more pressure on the job! Take care chica.

Happy - My skin was fine without moisturizer all summer...and then I think the humidity dropped and the dryness hit and all he!! broke loose. This is awful. Sorry the thrift store folks are driving you nuts! Gosh, you'd think that at a THRIFT STORE more care would be taken as to the supplies actually needed and not waste them. I think I'm close to the other end of the extreme - I have to be careful not to donate items that are on the ratty side, LOL. But then again, some organizations will get money from recyclers for non-salable items.

Michelle - Have a great run this weekend! I hope something else can be done about your shoulder. I'm still having issues with mine.

Terra - Hope cooking class was fun today. What did you make??

Hi Dee! How's it going?
--

I got in to see a doctor this morning. Not my usual one, but another one in the group. He prescribed me with prednisone for a week. I guess it's like an oral cortisone. Last night I used a cortisone cream on my face and made it worse. Apparently the cream in which the cortisone (or other meds) resides can cause irritation. So anyway, he didn't prescribe a topical type med for that reason. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait this out - no lotion or makeup for a few days.

It's been a noisy day at home. Thursday is garbage and recycling and yard waste pickup day. And the lawn mowing outfits have been around, and our own lawn treatment company came and did their thing. And the dog behind our house was out barking and whining for a bit. And Coal had to bark up a storm when the mailman came around. Geez, can't I just have a bit of peace? Speaking of...after I post this I'll go to the library to return some books and maybe sit around and hope for some quiet.

That's it for me. Buh bye.