Old 09-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I've had a good time this week. My sis and I cooked a good lunch today, pulled pork which cooked over night potato salad, calico baked beans and peach cobbler and watermelon. It was all good.
One nephew is in West Virginia, and one niece didn't make it. Talked to my nephew via Tango. It's kind of like Skype. My nephew, his wife and two little boys came out for lunch. Payton, my sister's grand daughter spent the night last night. I had a lot of fun with her. Her mom and sister came out for lunch also. It's very peaceful now. We still don't really know what to do about my niece.
I forgot to bring the cord for the tablet so I'm going to get save the battery.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:16 PM   #32  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura ~ Yes your right Chipotle is NOT diet friendly but it is sooo good.

Susie ~ I spent too much money at the mall thats why Scott and I dont go there very often.

Happy,Michelle,Annie,Laura,Ceejay ~ Thanks for liking the thread title for Sept.

Happy ~ School is going good but after this Thursday I'm not gonna be going to cooking class until the 8th of Oct. cause I cant afford to buy anymore cooking items and I feel like I shouldnt eat the food if I cant help pay for the meal so I'm just gonna stay home every Thursday starting next week until Oct. 8th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Everybody,

I hope everyone is having a good Labor day today. I'm having a good day but I'm not doing anything for the Holiday. Here lately I've been watching My 600 LB Life and its really been an eye opener and watching it makes me want to keep going on my journey. I've also been watching My Big Fat Fabulous Life and its motivating me to start dancing for exercise as well so my VB work out dvd doesnt get boring. Nobody ever said you had to stick to one type of exercise right? I think you can do alot of different types of exercise what is important is to keep with it. Take Care Everybody.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #33  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Tuesday Morning/evening to all.

Fabulous weekend. My DS came up on Friday night and spent the night. We hung out all day Saturday. Sunday was church, lunch and errands. My DS came back up yesterday and we hung out again. We had a great time.

Four days till the wedding. Didn't get down to the weight I wanted too but I am ok with that. Everything is ready, all we have to do is decorate the reception joint and pray all goes well and no rain. Right now the forecast is partly cloudy and 79. I see it as mostly sunny and 79. I will get the grands after the reception and keep them through Tuesday.

TERRA...dancing is great exercise and very enjoyable. Doesn't seem like exercising at all.

CEEG...glad you had a great week at your sister's place. The food sounded delicious.

CHELLE...I hope I can come in Sept 2016 also. All of that sounds like fun. Remember to think positive and forward not in the past or yucky memories. Hugs. Listen to me who cannot get past my momma and dad's deaths. Bleh

SUSIE...you do need a break with your work load. Hope they can get it resolved. How is DH dealing with the Afib?

HAPPY...how are your eyes doing? Seeing any better?

SHADDIE...the count down begins!!

LAURA...hmm half price burgers...do they use less beef? lol

DEE...praying you are doing better.

Best get on with this short, crammed report week.

Hugs to all
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #34  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all, Happy Tuesday -

Spent a very good part of yesterday figuring out the particulars of this 21 Day Fix diet. I got some good tracking tools and a food list for each category. Dragged myself to the store around 5pm and picked up some additional fruits and vegetables. I also went to the Farmer's Market earlier in the day. The Alaskan salmon guy was there so I got more of that too. I will have a diet buddy for this plan, hoping to see some results.

Friday we went out for pizza, called 2 friends who live in that town and they popped in to meet up for a beer. Her hubby came later and finished off the rest of my pizza I was going to take home (much to his wife's chagrin I think but I did offer it). So that saved me calories. Afterwards we walked the 3 blocks over to their house to chat and it was UP A VERY STEEP HILL. It was also warm and humid outside. I told myself (in between gasps of air) that I need to start walking the hill at the end of our road. I am so out of shape. Yoga next week will probably kick my butt. I have not kept up with things. Saturday we went over by other friends - she made dinner which included eggplant and he made the meat (she is a vegetarian) which was cooked in a mushroom sauce. I of course loved it, DH choked it down - not sure what he detests more - eggplant or mushrooms Afterwards we played a card game which was fun. So it was a good weekend all in all.

Today is back to the Thrift Shop again. When L leaves for her snow bird stint in Florida next month, my other buddy B will come back and work with me again. His wife is the one I will be doing the 21 Day Fix diet with.

My eyes are ... ok. I think they are healing. It seems to me that my vision is not as strong as it was at first. I think I can really use some glasses to tweak the vision. We'll see what he says at my appointment next week.

Quick personals as I have to get ready to leave soon.

Shad - I am glad to see you are holding up - if barely. It really looks like you are exhausting incredible energy to get through this contract. I hope at least the training is productive and going well.

Annie - so the wedding is this weekend. Yay and a bit of finally. Wishing you lovely weather and blue skies. I'm sure it will be a gorgeous, intimate and fun time. You will all look fabulous - pictures please!!!

Terra - that's a bummer that your budget won't allow you to continue the cooking classes. That is very gracious of you not to participate if you can't chip in for the food. I'm sure they would welcome you anyway.

Ceejay - it looks like you are having a great vacation. The food looks yummy and there's plenty of family to enjoy.

Dee - hope things are going better for you

Michelle - I echo Annie's sentiments about looking forward, don't dwell on the past. I can relate - some things are hard to let go and we just have to remember that sometimes bad things get us to better places. Be joyful for your life now - you can do so much more than you could a few years ago. I have to remember to be grateful for what I have also and push negativity away.

Susie - I hope you are not running yourself ragged. How is DH doing?

Laura - did you get any bike riding in this weekend? Or have any good BBQ's? It was stinking hot, wasn't it?

Gotta run. Have a good one everybody.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:35 AM   #35  

Terra
I like to watch My Fat and Fabulous life.

------
Missouri is having a thunderstorm at the moment. But all is well so far. We have plans to take the Branson Belle, a riverboat, cruise at 4 p.m. with dinner served and show. It will cruise the Table Rock lake.
Had a lot of fun yesterday with the family.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:53 AM   #36  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

I'm so swamped at work. I really should have worked over the weekend...but that didn't happen. So now I have to play catch up.

Thanks for all your support and words of encouragement. I think the hardest part, and Annie and maybe some others will yell at me for this, a part of me still loves him and misses the good times. But Annie, you and Happy are right. I've got to appreciate how much better my life is now and how I have a lot to be joyful about.

Today, my friend Mark and I will be running, though I may ask him if we can meet at 7 rather than 5 since it's supposed to be in the upper 90s/low 100s through Thursday.

========================
Happy - sounds like you and DH had a nice weekend with good food and good company. Let me know how your 21 day fix diet goes. I've seen it advertised on TV, and a friend of mine is a Team Beach Body coach.

Terra - that's a shame that you'll have to stop the cooking classes. As for Chipotle, there are some menu items you can have that are healthier and lower calories. For example, I have a salad with either chicken or steak, no rice, very little beans, fajita veggies, Pico de Gallo a little cheese and just a little sour cream. I use the pico de gallo as my salad dressing. Super yummy. With regards to exercise, it's a very good thing to mix it up. Walk on some days,, do Valerie Bertinelli on others and dance on others. When you do different workouts it makes your muscles work differently.

Ceejay - It sounds like you're having a lovely vacation with your family!! So happy for you!!

Annie - How nice that you got to see so much of your DS over the weekend! This weekend is the wedding! How exciting and as I'm sure you'll be relieved when it's over. I hope that only the excitement and not the stress builds as you get closer to the big day.

I've got to run. Boss is roaming around...and I have a lot of stuff to get done.

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:22 AM   #37  

Morning all. Happy Tuesday. I could’ve sworn I posted something over the weekend…guess not.

Shad – About 3 weeks to go now. Hang in there! I bet you can’t wait to get home and catch up on your sleep.

Susie – Good you’re tracking all the work you do in detail. Hopefully you’ll have a lighter load in the near future. That said…sure is nice to have the OT pay, huh? Wow, they shut off the lights??!! Could be a safety hazard. What movie did you end up seeing this weekend?

Michelle – Sorry work’s been so stressful. How awful to lose several days of work. You’ve got a wonderful “now” – try not to dwell on the past.

Ceejay – Mmmm, the food you’ve had sounds good. Nice you got to see and talk with family. I hope the weather cooperates for your dinner cruise later today. Enjoy.

Terra – Good idea to mix up the exercise. It’s good because you work different body parts and you keep it interesting for yourself! Too bad about the cooking classes.

Annie – Fingers that the weather is beautiful for Sis’s wedding day. A co-worker’s son’s wedding was this past weekend and it was HOT.

Happy – No, didn’t get out for a bike ride. It was really hot all weekend and the idea did not appeal to me. Did you get out for an ATV ride? Wow, that’s a lot of money for those eye surgeries!!! Definitely take advantage of having met your out of pocket deductible. I agree, those medical statements are not easy to figure out. When do you go back to yoga and which type of class is it? Have you started the 21 day diet yet?
--
Weekend was nice, starting with getting out of work a bit earlier on Friday – noon. On Friday night we watched the dvd “Inherent Vice” with Joaquin Phoenix and Josh Brolin. It was a strange movie, but sort of in a film noir style, which I like. It was entertaining enough.

Saturday I got out to start digging out the overgrown hydrangeas, but I disturbed a bee’s nest of some sort in the dirt, so I had to go to plan B – weed pulling. After that was lunch, and then we (finally) bought a good weed sprayer. The one area I spent the most time weeding doesn’t have any plantings and I’m so done pulling weeds from there. From now on we’ll just spray it with weed killer every couple weeks.

Didn’t do much Saturday night. On Sunday we went to a festival, but not the one we normally go to. I prefer the one we’ve gone to in the past…

Yesterday we had lunch with D and her sister. D is having knee surgery this morning. I’m so glad she’s finally doing it! I just hope the surgery and recovery go well!

I’d finally gotten to the farmers market Sunday morning and bought some peaches, corn and green beans. We had grilled steak and corn and steamed green beans for dinner last night. Yum!

Nothing much going on this week. I will try to take Friday off work to go visit D when she’s home from the hospital.

Back to the grind. TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:15 AM   #38  
Turning Into A New Woman

Annie ~ Yeah next month I'm gonna buy Zumba for beginners cause like I said in my last post I want to start dancing but I dont know how to start so I thought Zumba would be a good starting point.

Happy ~ Yeah I know they probably would let me join them and eat even if I couldnt buy any items for cooking class but I would still feel bad the whole time.

Ceejay52 ~ Thats AWESOME that you like watching My Big Fat Fabulous Life also.

Michelle ~ Yeah when I eat Chipotle I dont get any beans or rice but I do get alot of cheese and sour cream so I'll start cutting down on the sour cream and cheese. Thanks for the advice on splinting up my exercises thats a really good idea.

Laura ~ Yeah I think its a good idea to break up my work outs. Yeah I'm sad that I'm gonna be missing 3 weeks of cooking class but I would feel bad if I went ahead and kept going to cooking class and eating what we cook when I cant help pay for my cooking items.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woke up at around 3 a.m. Its now almost 5 a.m. I'm gonna go to school today from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. so I wont be there for that long today. I'm gonna start doing my VB work out for an hour in the morning and for an hour at night cause I'm pretty sure I'm pushing 300 again if not I'm getting pretty close and I dont want to go backwards I want to go forwards. I hope everyone has an awesome day today.

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-09-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:58 AM   #39  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Birthday Michelle hope you have a wonderful day. Wouldn't it be nice if you showed up to work and they said hey, take the day off

we can dream...

I have an early morning meeting at the thrift shop and then I will stay to work on some books for a while. Will try to get back here tonight to catch up and post.

Happy Hump Day and Michelle's BD

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-09-2015 at 08:59 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #40  

Happy Birthday Michelle :balloon: Hope the job is less stressful today.

-------
Our cruise last night was very enjoyable. The show was fantastic and so was the meal. It did rain. but we were inside most of the time. We did get to walk around the ship.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #41  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHELLE!!
Old 09-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #42  

Happy Birthday Michelle!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Morning all. Happy Hump Day! Rained yesterday evening and overnight. Not raining when I left the house this morning, so I rode my bike to the train.

Ceejay – Glad you enjoyed the cruise. Nice pic of you on FB!

Happy – Happy book sorting/organizing. Do you find you buy books for yourself when you do that??

Terra – A Zumba video sounds like a great idea. I love Zumba – the music is fantastic. Have you ever done it before? Definitely get the beginner one – the moves can be fast! The three weeks will go by quickly and you’ll be back at the cooking classes before you know it.

Hellos to the rest of you!
--
My friend D got through surgery fine, and they have her doing PT now. She says her pain isn’t too bad, so I’m glad for that.

Nothing exciting to report. Oh wait, our new cell phone batteries came yesterday. Whoo! Exciting, for sure. Maybe tonight we’ll take the loaner back to the AT&T store. More excitement.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #43  
Annie - Indiana

Good Afternoon All....

Been the day from Hello Operator. Got in this morning and had 15 emails from my salesman to package two separate loan deals and get them fedexed by noon today. Not to mention my regular reports which I just now finished. One major back ache from sitting at this computer. Yeeeee.

We had a bit of rain this morning and throughout the day. I have been glued to my desk so I am not sure how much we have had.

Funny last night-the kids came over and C was watching the kids movie Cars with Jacob. This one part on the move someone gets called a moron, which I don't like for a kids movie, anyhow, Jacob must of misunderstood cause he yells back, "Yeah you Horon". We all died laughing.

CHELLE...hope you are enjoying your day today. Is BF going to give you a birthday spanking? lol

LAURA...definitely need to adjust your life when you get excited over new cell phone batteries. lol. Glad your friend made it through her surgery and doing PT, that is a good sign for sure.

CEEG...great pic on FB. You look really nice in that picture. Also looks like you are enjoying yourself.

TERRA...Sam and I did a 6 week zumba class. We laughed all the way through it. It was not a beginners class and we were beginners. We looked like the slow, off timing cheerleaders. Hilarious. Def get a beginners zumba dvd.

HAPPY...I am confused on the thrift shop job. I thought you were going to bow out for a while? You are one hard worker girl. Take it easy on your eyes, thighs, knees and feet, don't want you all messed up. Hugs.

Have to get back at it. Hello to all. Hugs Ladies.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #44  
Turning Into A New Woman

Annie ~ Well at least you and Sam tried it, Yeah I think getting a beginners Zumba DVD is a good starting point. I'm looking forward to being able to buy it next month and try it out.

Michelle ~ Happy Birthday, I hope you had a great birthday yesterday

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-20-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:55 AM   #45  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning all.

Cs second sleep study was to determine the rate to set the CPap machine on. They have ordered his machine and it will be here in a couple of days. He said once they finally got it adjusted to the correct setting, he had the most pleasant sleep ever. Was not in a fog when he got up and was clear minded all day yesterday. He is a very happy man and cannot wait to get his machine. Hmmm, sometimes the ole wifey knows the right thing to do. He said he is glad I pushed for him to be tested now seeing how much better he feels after a great night's sleep. Thank you, thank you, thank you! LOL He felt so good he went grocery shopping with me last night when I got home from work. What a treat...not. He always wants this and that we normally do not purchase. Kind of like a kid. I normally spend about 65 dollars on groceries, last night was 106.00. Won't be taking him very often.

Tonight is a hair cut and nail fill<---got them for the wedding only. Won't get another set once this one is too far gone. Altho I feel so much more like "me" and girl when I have them.

Hello to all.

Hugs.