Old 10-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Did my voting early this year. And since I work Tuesday this works out better for me. It was busy but no overly crowded.

Tomorrow I'm going to Jonesboro to have the truck serviced and spend a couple of days with my bff. This time I'm speaking up before I get settled in the hotel room as to how she is going to have the temperature set. I'm not freezing as the temps are supposed to be low 40's high 30's at night this week end. I'm paying for half the bill. This is why I know I will not be able to be room mates with her when I retire.

I've used an off brand furniture polish and it stinks but my apartment is almost cleaned. And the laundry is almost done. Maybe I should open a window for a few minutes. Now to get things together for my week end away.

Laura
That's why I was thinking of using the Library. Haven't done it in years. Will probably have to apply for a new card.

Michelle
I know there must be 1000 thing to do before the surgery.

I need to go back to read before I post more.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #182  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Chicklets!!

What a busy wonderful week. Packaged a HUGE deal for Wells Fargo yesterday. Took me about 6 hours. Printing, placing, separating, marking, tagging for signers, template for signers to know which of the 8 signers had to sign, YIKES! I am sure I used all my brain cells yesterday. THEN once that was done I had a conference call on how to market and send prospects for each of my 11 BDOs. (Salesmen for mortgages).. 10 minutes into the call, the fire alarms went off and I had to walk down 17 flights of stairs with this ankle that does not bend and a knee that does not cooperate and swells, well let me tell you I could hardly walk today and am in much pain. I get a cortisone shot in ankle in a couple of weeks. Really need to see what is going on with the knee. I am suffering but trying not to show much at work. Silly I know but don't want them to think I am whimpy. Then on the way home from work there was a train stuck on the track crossing the road, had to detour through an alley, down a street then cross over to the original street I come home on. My 17 minute drive home took about 30. Bleh.

Tonight C and I went to B & Cs hideout for dinner. Bonnie and Clydes Hideout Restaruant. C hand had Teller tenderloin and I had Fish pieces and onion rings. Most of the menu is named after Bonnie and Clyde names. Bank robber burgers, stuff like that, very catchy and the food was OH SO YUMMY!!

No time for personals, got a load of laundry to fold and then hit the hay...Early morning, Sassy day at Sissy's...oh Sissy got a new puppy...the mom is a white boxer and the dad is a mix of great dane/blue heeler, it will be quite a doggie. It is actually so sweet and mellow and sleeps a lot. Almost potty trained. He is so smart. His name is Bruno. Reallyh cute and post on my FB if you are a FB person.

Make it a great Friday/nite.

Loves and Hugs

PS...CHELLE...you can do this, don't ruin your chances for happiness with yourself. Quit making excuse to eat crap. Be strong, say no, and be proud. I have so much faith in you, YOU SHOULD TOO!!...hugs sweetie.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:59 PM   #183  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

It's the 31st of October here. Wonder where the year went. Anyway think about a new title for nasty November.

I woke up at 5.00am this morning - usual time, looked outside and nearly did a dance up and down the hall. Thick dark grey cloud. Maybe it will rain. Not bloody likely! It has now all run away and we have bright blue skies and heat. Aaaah well I can dream.
I got out there and planted all my plants in pots into the garden and dug over the soil in preparation for some of the plants in the rose garden going into the front garden.
Then I came round the back, pulled all the lettuces out, they had gone to seed and then the beans. So now I need to dig over the bed and plant some more stuff. I have some cos lettuce (only 4 this time because I can't keep up with them when they are ready to eat) and some rocket. I also have some butter beans and some carrots to plant in when the soil is ready. Going to try seeds this time since the seedlings seem to grow fast up top but can't support themselves under the ground. I'll try to get some photos of the new garden bits soon and show them off. The neighbours and the walkers and joggers around the place are always stopping off to see what is happening in it now.

Ceejay - bad news about the arthritis. You need to check out the food you eat now because there is some stuff that is really bad for arthritis.

Terra - looks like your ticker has moved. Well done. You will have a loss to report in the new thread.

Laura - When I got the ceiling fans, I got wooden blades instead of the metal ones commonly used here. The metal ones tend to pit around the edges over time, the wooden ones don't. Still it is not the greatest job in town and I always wonder how they collect so much dust and dirt.
Sounds like your new coat is a winner. I could use some of the Bol sauce over here. I will make some later in the season but can't just yet.
Checked the game time with the rugby union yesterday and I will be sitting bug eyed in front of the tv at 6.30 Sunday morning.

Annie - sounds like you are getting the hang of things at the new job. Lots to do by the sound of it. Boo on the fire alarm and your poor ankle and knee. Personally I would tell them about the leg since if you fall down the stairs it will be a nasty surprise on both sides.

Okay - better go and get my lunch before getting into the spare room (where it is cool) and then I have to get the cat to the vet at 5.00pm. That won't be pretty.

Last edited by Shad; 10-30-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:37 AM   #184  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Halloween

I hope we don't get any beggars - I didn't buy any candy. Actually no one comes down this road - I think most of the kids do trunk or treat or stay in town where the houses are close together. We do have pumpkin treat "cookies" to give away at the thrift shop (for the dogs) and of course, people candies for the kiddies.

Had to get up early - cable guy came to tinker with the dish. Not sure he fixed the problem but he sure was thorough. Cats hid under the bed most of the day. They attempted to come out a few times but caught sight of the cable guy and that was that. They don't like ANYTHING different in their little worlds. I had a frightfully flittful day and had to work hard at keeping focus but I did manage to get a great deal of little things that needed to be done, done. So it was a productive day altogether. About 2 hours ago DH looked out the front door and announced that there was white stuff flying in the air. I am taking the tact that if I don't see it, it don't exist! Actually it's just a dusting. Will be a miserable day for the treat monsters. And that's that.

Shad you are not kidding about where did the year go to? I am astounded at how quickly the calendar pages turn. I will think on a thread title and set up the new thread by the end of the night. I would imagine with the heat you are having that the lettuces are not happy at all. Did you at least get some greens before they went to seed? My rocket would not grow in your temps - perhaps your seeds are meant for warmer weather. I have given DH a few salads and he keeps proclaiming his love for arugula. Good luck with getting Miss Sunday to the vet. I had no idea she was up there in years (shush... don't tell her I said that )

Annie - oh I feel for you having to climb down all those stairs with a bum leg. Baby that leg - don't try and be a trooper and hide things - at least rest it tonight when you get home from work. One of my buddies at the shop had his ankle worked on 2 days ago. I called to see how he's doing (no so bad thanks to better living through (pain) chemicals ) But the doc said that as soon as the ankle is able, he needs to get his knee surgery done. Said the knee problem really irritated the ankle more than it needed to. So just something to keep in mind as you run around like a mad woman getting all those packages together. There just comes a time in our life when we need to baby our poor aching bodies. Keep on pushing but gently

Ceejay - I try as much as I can to sniff products before I buy them. Ugh on the polish. Have a good time with the bff - smart of you to have the talk about the temperature at the very onset. As for the arthritis, Shad is right - avoid foods (like sugar) that create inflammation and pain. It's important to keep moving - keeping the supporting muscles strong helps ease the pain even if we move a bit stiffer and slower. That's why I keep up with the yoga even tho knee moves are hard and sometimes impossible for me.

Michelle - yikes - I'm sure that in a way it's good that the surgery is scheduled and set - get it out of the way but then again it's coming up close. I hope you get everything done that you need to. Just keep focused on the need to dos. Just don't stress yourself out trying to juggle a bunch of balls at once. Is your support group going to be able to adjust their schedules so that they can be with you right after surgery? Sending you good, calming thoughts. And willpower to get to your fighting weight.

Laura - JuJuBees - oh what a memory that brought back Most of us lost at least one baby tooth to JuJuBees or SlowPokes Yes, New Balance makes 2 brands of women's shoes - Aravon (sp??) and the Cob Hills. I think they stick with New Balance for the sneakers line. I am liking the Cob Hill boots a lot. I agree with you on the library and books. I only buy books if I want them as a reference. Just picked up a nice sewing book recently. And you have such a nice library too. I can get a lot of stuff in our consortium of 32 libraries - but have found some things - like stuff for my writing classes that they simply didn't have. Perhaps if we were hooking into Duluth or Minneapolis. But still, it's a good library system and I appreciate it. What is Bolognese sauce? I know it's a classic, just don't know how to make it.

Terra - have fun with the trick or treaters tonight. Hope you get to see some cool costumes. Are you dressing up to answer the door?

I guess I should get to bed now. I have the whole weekend to do what I want which is nice. Some gotta do's some wanna do's - a nice balance of things. Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-31-2014 at 12:55 PM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:51 AM   #185  

Height: 5'7"

Hi! What a week! Workwise and personal wise.

I don't even remember if I posted that on Saturday we ended up in the ER?

DH had a UTI and with the fistula I felt we needed to get it checked right away (and you know how lousy a UTI can make you feel!). They determined that it was from the fistula and due to him being on blood thinners and the diverticulitis and fistual issue it took some time to sort out (on Saturday and this entire week) as to what was the best way to approach in.

Finally they have a plan in place ,he is on the right meds and will continue on them until they can do surgery after the first of the year (we have to have that colonoscopy first and that isn't until Dec when they think they can take him off the blood thinners). I feel so badly for my DH. Dealing with all these medical issues has really got him down. BUT, he was happy last night when he got on the scales and he is down 11 lbs since the first of October. He's trying to be down 20 when they do the colonoscopy.

I have read all the posts (it is so good to come here! it calms me when I come and read and post--so I should do it every day!) and I'm sorry not to do personals but I wanted to check in as we end October.

Happy Halloween everyone! and hand out all that candy and then get rid of leftovers..and don't buy the "sale" candy!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #186  

Morning all. TGIF and Happy Halloween.

Happy – Yes, it’ll be a miserable day for the trick-or-treaters. I was awake in bed this morning listening to the wind howl. And a while later I was out in the yard with doggy this morning and as we went inside it began to snow little flakes. Within a few minutes there were big clumps coming down. Thank goodness it wasn’t sticking and had eased up by the time I left the house. I seriously considered telling the boss I was taking a whole vacation day instead of a half day. Yep, the only books I really keep are the reference books – dictionaries, cookbooks, atlases. The rest eventually end up in the donation bag. Naturally I have an accumulation of books I bought used that I want to get to “someday”…but I have to watch what I buy. When the built in bookcase in the office is full, I have to make room. Bolognese is a meat sauce, and if the America’s Test Kitchen recipe is anywhere near “authentic”, it’s not a tomato-based sauce, though it does have tomatoes in it. It calls for a blend of ground beef, pork and veal and is very meaty.

Shad – Sorry the clouds didn’t stick around and give you some rain. Keep dreaming. And watering. The rugby match time isn’t too horrible for you, except that it’s a Sunday and that’s early for a Sunday.

Annie – Good to see you here. Wow, what an eventful day for you on Wed. Sorry you had to deal with all those stairs with your bad ankle and now a bad knee???!!! I agree with the others – don’t keep this a secret. If you might need help getting out of the building in an evacuation situation, let someone know. Our company sends out quarterly e-mails telling the employees to do just that. Hope the ankle and knee feel a bit better now. Your dinner with C at the hideout sounded fun – and tasty. Awww, bet Sissy’s new pup is a cutie. Post a photo if you can! And some of the grandkiddies in their costumes!!

Ceejay – Good for you getting the voting over and done with. I have a dr appointment right after work on Tuesday, so I either have to vote before work or see if I can get back in time from the eye dr to vote. I’ll probably go in the morning before work just to be on the safe side. Hope you’re enjoying your time in J’boro. Anything else planned besides the work on the car?

Michelle – Safe travels to your brother. I hope you enjoy your time with your visiting friend this weekend. Wow, not long now for your surgery. Hope this closer deadline helps you bear down and get those last few pounds off before the big date. Stay strong – you want this surgery more than the sweets and junk food! Remember that!

Susie – I’m sorry DH ended up in the ER last weekend. Is he feeling better now? I hope the meds do what they’re supposed to and he can get to the colonoscopy and surgery dates without further issues. Congrats to him on his weight loss!! Good advice re the Halloween candy!

Hellos to the rest of you!
++
Morning’s going quick for me since I’m taking a half day of vacation and will be leaving the office at about 12:15 today.

Last night we drove out to the LL Bean store and tried on the slippers to get the sizes right. They had the ones I ordered in stock, so we did an exchange on those. Bf’s had to be re-ordered. We also bought a pair for his mother as an early “holiday” gift. No, not Thanksgiving, the other big upcoming holiday.

Bf must have run out to buy candy later last night. I saw the bag on the table today. Didn’t even pull it out to see what kind he bought.

This afternoon we’ll hand out candy to any kiddies willing to brave this crummy weather to trick-or-treat. Nothing planned for tonight, but I do want to watch my Peanuts dvd of “The Great Pumpkin”.

Tomorrow will be Jazzercise in the AM. In the afternoon, I will try to watch part of the rugby match being played here in Chicago between the New Zealand All Blacks and the USA Eagles. I might have to split that time with whatever coverage might be going on for Nick Wallenda walking a tightrope suspended over the river between Marina Towers and some other building on the other side. If weather permits…

Saturday night we’re going to dinner with friends and then on to a bar that’s having a costume contest. Bf and I aren’t doing costumes this year – the plans were sort of last minute, so we didn’t really give it much thought.

That’s it for me. TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:16 PM   #187  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Like many others we got a dusting of snow last night. Just a bit and I think by now it melted. I hate to see it come frankly but you know it had to. Will be a chilly lousy day for the trick or treaters. I just looked over at kitty spread out on the chair. For some reason she has her face pointed at the ceiling, her eyes are closed and she is dozing off. As she does so her head slowly falls over until it just about hits the chair and she wakes up with a start. It's funny to watch. Meadow seems to be holding her own. She doesn't appear to be in any pain from the tooth extraction and is eating and snoozing on the bed.

I HAVE THE WHOLE DAY TO MYSELF to do whatever I want! I mean just about every day is do what I want except the last month or so the weeks have been jammed packed with doctor and dentist appointments, obligations, classes. volunteering and my time has been decided for me. It was really nice to just take a stretch and know that my time is all mine today. I need to clear up some papers and will probably start working on putting everything back in the pantry downstairs and setting up my hobby room as a real hobby room. I need to tidy up the laundry room also - the counter has become a catch all. I have a cabinet where the laundry soap should go but the bottles are just a hair too tall to fit under the shelf in there. I am switching to the pod style laundry detergent so those containers will be a better fit.

Laura - thank you for the description of Bolognese - I know exactly what you are talking about. DH likes that kind of meaty sauce, I'm more of a marinara girl myself. How did dinner come out? Looks like you have lots of interesting things going on in the city this weekend. Trying to think what they will hook up Walenda's tight rope to. Been so long that I can't remember what is downtown anymore and they had done a lot of new construction since then. I remember when Marina city was all that and then some but by now I have to imagine it's rather dated. Still makes for good scenery though. Have fun at your party tomorrow.

Susie - poor DH - it's just one medical problem after another. I'm glad he can keep his spirits up and you are quite the trooper! My DH would be bummed out and I guess I would be also if I have to admit it. I hope this is the end of the medical woes and he can get back to feeling better. Good going on the weight loss!

Hello to the rest of the chicks. I'm still thinking on a new thread title for tonight. Later...
Old 10-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I am tucked away in my hotel room. And I have had her to turn up the ac from 74 to 80. I don't understand why we can't have on the heat. It's supposed to be 31 degree's in the morning.

Not much else going on.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:20 PM   #189  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Wow looks like everyone here has had quite a lot going on this week. Sunday night I got a frantic phone call from a lady that saw our cold weather forecast & asked me to refinish her front porch for Thanksgiving, she said she couldn't depend on her dh to get it done & they're both in their early 40's (duh, I'm getting close to 60 yr.) So early Monday morning I went to Home Depot w her & bought paint & oil stain. It took me 2 hrs. to prep it & I worked all day till my arms/back ached & on Tuesday finished it. God blessed me w 56* temps & no rain, but lots of wind gusts. Wednesday/Thursday we had light showers & I tin-punched/antiqued copper lampshades & a chandelier for a client all day, it was very nice to b working indoors again. Today was like December w snow-rain mix & high winds when I did errands in the city. Tonight dh & I visited a friend in the hospital & ate pizza @ Uncle Johns instead a party.

Annie, u sound like u r loving your work deadlines. Sorry about your knee & ankle getting hurt, I hope u have some comfy boots/flats to wear to work, instead your pumps while u r healing. I hope your brother's treatments r healing , I added him to our prayer chain 2 wks. ago.

Laura, u r so impressive going to Jazzercise every Saturday; I love to dance too. U made me hungry after reading about cooking Bolognese yumm. Almost all of my hard copy books r How-To, reference books also; the last few yrs. I've downloaded many on my 8" Kindle after my dh began complaining I have too many. I have several America’s Test Kitchen bks, including their potsticker recipe, I watch them on PBS & enjoy seeing them improve recipe probs.

Susie, I'm so sorry about dh's health, your still in our prayers. I'm very proud of him for his -11 lbs. off Is he eating vegan like u do? Did u ever get another chef or yours return after she came back to the states? Did u do any 5k walks this year w your friend? I hope u both have a relaxing weekend.

Happy, I love how u r soo thoughtful to everyone & generous w all your volunteer days. U kept going during your shingles, how is that doing, I sure hope its basically all gone. What state r u in.... I thought u lived down south where the warm temps r It was great that u had a day to spoil yourself.

Michelle, I'm so happy for u getting your surgery & soon u will feel so energetic by fixing your back, joints, etc. You'll feel @ least 10 yrs. younger & happier w your young body back. I know several ppl who've had your surgery & they wish they had done it years sooner & they now wear sizes 8-12 & say it feels amazing shopping for clothing sizes that's easy to find in all stores, no more limitations. Your family & friends r all so proud of u & love u for taking control of your health. U r in All of our prayers during your very special journey.

Ceejay, I'm thrilled for u that u have arthritis instead of a critical prob wrong. It's a livable & do-able prob to put up w, hey warm baths & massages feel soo good. Next time u take a winter vaca w your bff; put on a pair of mittens to wear in front of her/him in your hotel room & maybe she'll get a clue. Otherwise bring some flannel pj's or toss her blanket on your bed. If she starts to shiver she'll turn the heat on

Terra, what did u & your bf & Clyde dress-up for on Halloween? B careful while walking in this weather, the ground gets slick/slippery

Shad, umm November here is comfort food... Thanksgiving w turkey, ham potatoes, gravy, biscuits, pie, etc. In the north its cold, but we can wear corduroy jeans, vests, blazers, cute boots, soft sweaters, soft fuzzy slippers. Cozy up in front of the fireplace or woodstove play cards, board games, & snuggle under the blankets have fantastic s*x & watch movies. All the seasons r great, I just wish our winters were shorter, like only 2 months long.... What r your winter months like, the temps & weather, have u ever seen snow?

I hope I didn't miss chatting w anybody, if I did in your next post, put Dee,

Happy November everyone
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:05 AM   #190  
Choose your hard

Time to close the book on this chapter friends.

Don't post here anymore. Go to our new November thread (click me) November Thankfulness - Worldly Chicks Keep Truckin' Along