Old 06-07-2014, 07:48 PM   #136  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

OK today was a good low day for the first time in a long time. I'm happy with me today. Onto tomorrow
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #137  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I fasted Thursday quite successfully, but Friday and Saturday I totally lost it...I am fasting again today, hoping to cut this cycle. I think I am PMS:ing. My PMS seems to be a week long ordeal nowadays It used to last a day...

Weight is up as well, ugh. Need to catch myself before this turns into a slippery slope.

On a positive note, I fit into size 4 skirt yesterday...it was a LARGE cut skirt, but still I have another stretchy dress that is size 4 and it fits. Some other 4 I can zip up but they don't "fit" and some others just laugh at my face and say...who are you kidding lady?? I think I am 6/8 right now, comfortably. Some 6's are still on a tighter side. I want to fit into those by the end of this month. (Not if I keep splurging )

I upped my water intake. I was drinking 100oz, but Rennie pointed it out that maybe it was a bit too much so I scaled back to 80oz for the day. I fill this 80 oz pitcher in the morning and keep drinking it all day long, works really well. I can see the progress I am making throughout the day. I am kinda of a geek that way...

I fit, well, into the dress I wanted to wear my son's graduation, and that makes me happy. We will take some pictures and maybe I will turn one into my profile picture. It is all lace covered, I will wear it with aqua colored belt, shoes and necklace to add little something to the outfit. The dress is size 6.

I can hardly believe that I am really size 6, it was such a dream for the longest time....

On a sad note, I took a really hard and long look at my body; I still have a LONG way to go. I am a VERY petite built and small boned. I think my original goal 122-125 won't do the trick; I have to go lower. -- DH agrees. I think I may need to shoot for 114-117. I think I would look the best at size 2/4. So that kinda bummed me out. I have some far, but have a long way to go. -- I think that contributed to my over eating episode this week...felt kinda defeated.

But back on that wagon.

I took yesterday off from working out, I only walked the pup for 4.7 miles. The back of my knee has been sore now a few weeks, I think I pulled a muscle there. I can walk on it, but can not do step aerobics. I will take 4-6 weeks off and let it heal. I will keep walking my puppy and the treadmill. So today I will lift weights, walk on treadmill and swim. A grueling day at the gym...will keep me away from kitchen..lol

I slept really late; 10:30 I think I was tired....

Plan for today;

B -- Fruit smoothie w/protein 1/2 serving
L -- Fast
D -- Quinoa pasta, red sauce w/ground beef, asparagus
S -- Fast

Weight 143
Up 3.2 lbs
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #138  
~Rennie

Sum, a size 4 is great. YAY YOU Sum you are gonna have to take this moment by moment. Like sept2012 said and I put it in my signature Not just one day at a time we have to do this one second, one minute, one thought and one breath at a time You can't let this journey make you feel in any way defeated especially since you know you have come so far. Celebrate the victories as they come Glad you got to sleep in today. I did that yesterday. My husband was leaving for work, came in to kiss me good day and asked if I was ok!? Getting up at 5:30 every morning is almost over. School is out in 4 days

My day wasn't as low as I thought yesterday but it wasn't too bad. I still came down 1.6 to 158.2. I hope I can say the same for today because it's not as low as I would like either

Last edited by love2b150; 06-08-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #139  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Rennie, so glad you had a good fasting day! Keep it up this week!

Sum Would love to see pictures of that dress. When is graduation? I think it's really hard to know what your goal weight should be until you get down closer to it like you are. I know you'll get to where you want to be! I still have no clue where I want to end up, one step at a time.

Had a great weekend. The scale is up to 198.4 this morning, which is expected and totally fine. Fasting today should get me back down to my low weight. Really want to see 195 before I leave for vacation next Sunday!

I don't have my menu planned all the way this week, but some thoughts. I have so much seafood in the fridge right now!

Monday - 500 cal fast, shrimp and veggies? for dinner
Tuesday - smoothie for lunch, crabcakes for dinner
Wednesday - 500 cal fast, ????
Thursday - smoothie for lunch, salmon for dinner
Friday - smoothie for lunch, turkey burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner

Last edited by nonameslob; 06-09-2014 at 08:52 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #140  
Fat to Fab and Fit

So once again, I blew my fast day; went out for sushi. But it was yummy!! So I am attempting to fast today. Not getting on this fasting train too well. Did only 1 true fast day last week.

So today I am SWOLLEN, like crazy. Sushi always does that to me.

I think I will change my fast days to Mondays and keep the Wednesday the same; these two days I am away from home, volunteering and have no access to food anyways. Do you think it would be okay to fast this close apart? I just can't seem to get onboard on the weekends what comes to fasting.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #141  
Call me NNS!

Sum you'll be fine with M/W. I do that almost every week - it's nothing like trying to do a back-to-back :P

I was craving sushi this weekend. Almost went for it but I made a salad with chicken instead. Sigh.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #142  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I will do that then.

I had some eggs this morning and I will skip lunch. Hoping to make some grilled chicken for dinner with veggies. I should stay under 600 cals. 500 is so hard....

I have LOTS of bloat, I am hoping to drop 3-4 pounds of it today. Started my day off with 40 oz of green tea and now I switched to water. The tea goes down so smooth -- I used to drink that amount in coffee. Now I just get the hydration and all those good antioxidants minus the jitters. -- Sometimes I pick up a decaf coffee, but for the most part I am coffee free.

I saw your progress picture Noname, OMG you are beautiful!!! You have really shrunk, I could see your arms and waits really getting smaller.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #143  
Call me NNS!

500 is hard, 600 seems to work for a lot of women though if that's what you need to do to keep at it! I really hope you manage two fasts this week as I know you've been struggling lately.

Thank you so much, you're too sweet I hate that I had to block the eyes out. It looks so silly, but I don't want to see my photos being used by an advertiser in some seedy corner of the internet. Ugh!

I made out really well at Goodwill this week. 3 shirts and a pair of pants, BRAND NEW (our local stores have a relationship with Target and get stuff from them!). Pants don't fit yet, they're size 14, but I think I can get into them in no time

Just about have everything I need for Colorado, too. Can't believe we leave Sunday night! I have to bring my way-too-big pair of hiking pants, though, but I'll save those for when no one but my bf will see me on the trail. Ha! I told him that if it gets really cold I should be able to wear those on top of long johns AND my other hiking pants, they're that big!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #144  
~Rennie

noname, I haven't had a good fasting day yet. I don't know what my problem is. I was trying again today and you would think that since I didn't physically stay up until after noon today I would have done fine, but nope not me, smh. I love your menus so simple and I love love love seafood I miss the Goodwill stores in VA. I use to luck out that way with new items. My daughter said I was the only person she knew that would go to a thrift store and come back with clothes that had tags. I forget are you moving to Colorado now or just visiting and then moving later?
NOTE:
noname I have to tell you. It looks simple when you put it down but I just tried to do tomorrow on my fitness pal and the calories and carbs don't come out the way the did in my head. This is harder than I thought.

Sum, sorry about the bloat I am having a time with fasting here lately also. I think for this week, I am going to actually write down my meals all of them like noname and see if I can stick to that. Planning use to work for me now I seem to deviate so much it's crazy

I am going to try to plan my meals for the remainder of the week Tues-Fri since I know Saturday at our family gathering will not be.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #145  
Call me NNS!

Rennie, maybe you need to take a full day break inbetween attempts? I sometimes find it difficult to fail and then try again the day after. I hope you find something that works better for you

What works for me is picking just a few, like two or three, fast-day meals that I always go back to. I know how big a portion of meat and how much veggie, etc. I can have, and since I make it all the time it's easy and there's no surprises. My rotation is usually chicken cesar salad, chicken with sauteed veggies and feta cheese, and shrimp stir fry. I love to cook, but trying to figure out the calories on new meals is annoying!!! Maybe you are just making it more difficult thank it needs to be?

Last night I did not follow my own advice and I didn't weigh or measure any of my food plus I snuck some soba noodles in with my shrimp stir fry. I was most likely over on my calories but not by much. The scale is still up from the weekend but I feel and look so bloated! Hopefully by the end of the week that will come off.

Last edited by nonameslob; 06-10-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #146  
~Rennie

noname, I tend to do a bunch of different things (ways of eating) because I never seem to stick with anything for long. Which ever plan I select will be fine then it will stop working and I am back to square one which is the way it seems now. I need to find something soon to get the scale moving again though.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #147  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Morning, I feel something like an intruder since I read this whole thread and it's just the three of you. I am seeking some info and advice. I'm stuck at a weight and I keep losing a little and gaining more, losing a little, gaining more. I am so beyond frustrated. I feel like I will never get to where the doctors want me to be.
Out of desperation, for the last two days I have been trying something new. For breakfast and lunch I have been eating a fruit and veggie smoothie. (Usually it's a small amount of each fruit, blueberries, strawberries, natural no sugar added applesauce, half a banana and 1 cup of spinach, plus .5 cup of some other veg) For dinner I have had the same thing both nights since I had leftovers. 2 salmon patties (44g protein, 14g fat), 1 on an english muffin, and a heaping pile of sugar snap peas in the pod. It has moved the scale a bit but I suspect it's mostly water weight of course.
I am interested in 5:2 but I am having trouble finding clear information about it. Help?
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:34 AM   #148  
Call me NNS!

MauiKai Not an intruder at all! What were you doing before/now?

The basics of 5:2 are: "Five days of normal eating, with little thought to calorie control and a slice of pie for pudding if that’s what you want. Then, on the other two days, you just eat a quarter of your recommended daily calorie quota. That works out at 500 calories for women and 600 for men." (from http://thefastdiet.co.uk/)

It's easy to combine with other ways of eating, dietary restrictions, etc. if that's what you desire. Happy to answer any questions you have, but I'd encourage you to read through the FAQ in the above link for starters.

I see you're doing the Bikini Challenge too I'm definitely not getting into a bikini this summer LOL but it's a fun thought.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #149  
Fat to Fab and Fit

MauiKai Welcome! Nice to have you here! -- Noname explained the 5:2 perfect. Just jump in a start posting. Would love to have you here.

I follow (well try) to follow it (lately I have not been OP as much as I would like ) following pattern

Mon; Fast 500-600 cals
Tue; 1200 -1300 cals
Wed; Fast 500-600 cals
Thr; 1200-1300 cals
Fri; 1500-1600 cals
Sat; Splurge Day (2000-2200 cals) -- This is still being evaluated...I can't always handle the splurge days
Sun; 1200-1300 cals

Last edited by Sum38; 06-10-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #150  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Oh I am in no way getting in to a bikini, I just joined in for fun.

What I am doing now is nothing. Other than the last two days that is. I tried low carb and it does help but the weight loss was so slow (I know that is good) and I just couldn't keep up with it.

I am just frustrated and sick of being fat and very tired of diets and fat pants and thinking about it all the time.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote