Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #196  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Rennie, I had IBS before I started 5:2 so I think you can infer from there. lol How did your weekend go?

Sum - does your son travel a lot for baseball? It must be a lot of fun to watch him What is microneedling? Is it similar to microdermabrasion? I had that done as a teenager (awful acne...) and remember it being very painful. Good luck. I hope it helps. Sounds like you have a good plan for today! Mmm I LOVE tuna!

I am fasting today as well. My first day fasting since my two week planned break - eek! I am nervous that it will be difficult. I haven't taken a break aside from a few off plan days around the holidays. Enough coffee and I will get through. I just hope I don't get cold - I hate having goosebumps when it's 80 degrees outside lol Really, really excited to get back to losing weight though. My body is really starting to show visible changes a lot lately and I'm getting close to my lowest known adult weight, so that will be fun.

Back to the gym tonight too!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:25 AM   #197  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Microneedling is where they use a roller with small needles and roll it all over your face. It is supposed to even out skin tone, increase collagen production and erase fine lines.

My fast day is going well; so stuffed after the weekend...lol -- Soon I will leave for my volunteer gig and I won't even have an opportunity to eat, even if I wanted to. So I think I will stick with Mo and Wed fasting days.

Good luck today noname!! You can do it. Just think that Sum is fasting just along side with ya
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #198  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Rennie I buy them premade, but they are high quality without fillers and junk. They are 150 cal each.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #199  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sum, I am loving the happy in your post. I'm sure it's all bloat and you will definitely have it gone by Friday. Gosh I wish I could do the speeds that you do, YOU GO GIRL

noname my weekend went pretty well, thanks for asking. I did my first real fast day yesterday, calories were only at 408. I didn't intentionally plan it. It just happened that way. But I'm happy with it. I made the shrimp, my son and I loved it. I only made enough for me and he ate the ones I couldn't finish Best of luck with your fast today, you'll do fine with Sum by your side

MauiKai, I tried some pre-made once and the taste was a little bland, I got them from Aldi. The kids wouldn't eat them. What brand did you purchase? Did they have a lot of flavor? Mine come out to 118 calories and 15g of protein for one. I use the canned wild caught Alaskan salmon, egg, green pepper, onion, mayo and mustard.

Well like I said above I did my first great fast day yesterday. I am going to use that as my start over point, though I do want to do a full cheat day to get these cravings to go away. I want some hush puppies from Cookout, some of the chocolate chip cookies I made the other day, and a homemade pound cake, oh and potato salad, but I can just as easily eat the mock potato salad. It's so good My son has challenged me to lose 10lbs in the month of July. I would love for him to lose 10lbs just for his overall health but I don't think I will do it. I did that in January when I gave up all carbs and sweets but since then I have barely done anything. So we shall see how we did come July 31. I will put forth the effort for sure.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #200  
Call me NNS!

Sum go us! We can do this! Almost 1PM here and I'm feeling okay. 8 cups of water down, at least 8 more to go. The water definitely helps get through the hunger pangs. But now I am smelling an office-mate's lunch. Ugh. And my bf just texted me that he's at my favorite restaurant...

Rennie I am so proud of you for having a successful fast day yesterday! How old is your son? That must be motivating to have someone by your side to lose with. You two will do great! I have a good feeling about July for all of us Glad you enjoyed the shrimp.

Tonight will be chicken salad (boring!) I don't have the rest of my meals planned out. I'll have to write out a plan tonight and go grocery shopping tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #201  
~Rennie

Thanks noname He'll be 17 in October. He's a big guy. He's 6'1 and about 250.

Sending you lots of ... keep me posted ... I don't know if Sum can post at her volunteer place but I'm usually on here ... no life as my kids say
Old 06-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #202  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I made it!!! And I am not even that hungry after fasting a whole day.

MauiKai Have you ever tried the salmon patties from Whole Foods? They are really yummy.

Noname I kept sucking down water all afternoon as well...the bummer is the need for potty I am begging someone to come down and guard my post every hour, they must think I have the weakest of bladders...haha -- When is your next fast day?

Rennie on your fast day! Doesn't it feel great when one makes it through. How are your cravings today? I usually have very little cravings after a fast day.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #203  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
MauiKai Have you ever tried the salmon patties from Whole Foods? They are really yummy.
We have no Whole Foods local to us here. I would have to drive 3ish hours to get to one, sadly.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #204  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I feel spoiled now MauiKai I go to Whole Foods once per week, it seems. Everyone loves their salmon and air chilled chicken. I refrain from buying other stuff from them, because it is really expensive over there!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 PM   #205  
~Rennie

Thanks Sum I'm going to check out the ones at whole foods next time I'm near there. I don't have to drive as far as MauiKai but it's not close either. What brand is it that you purchase? No cravings at all today, in fact I haven't had dinner and since my calories were so low yesterday I don't want to know eat dinner today. I'm having some mustard and turnip greens and tilapia so it's pretty lite. I have a grapefruit added in there but I may take that off.

noname I got my fiber in today. Hope it helps

MauiKai, are you in Hawaii? I'll bet the seafood there is better than here anyway. I miss living in Virginia where I could drive up to DC and go to the Wharf. YUM

I'm feeling good about tomorrow's weigh in. I hope I'm not setting myself up.

Last edited by love2b150; 06-30-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #206  
Call me NNS!

Fast day went great! I got a little cold at the end of the work day which doesn't happen to me much anymore but I was fine after dinner. Had an amazing workout too! I'm excited to step on the scale tomorrow and get a better read of my weight. Most of the bloating should be gone so I can see what I'm really dealing with post-vacation.

We don't have whole foods either its an hour away, but that's not worth the drive to me. Salmon patties sound yum...

Sum I feel you on the water and bathroom. I drank 1.25 gallons today . Whew! I'll fast again either Wednesday or Thursday. How about you?

Rennie hope the fiber helped. Sounds like you practically did another 500 call day today or am I underestimating? Funny how little we tend to crave foods the day after a fast.

I can't believe how great I feel. I really killed it at the gym. I hope I can keep this up.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #207  
~Rennie

noname I had originally 1130, but I couldn't finish all of my dinner so it ended up being only 913. I'll do better tomorrow and make Wednesday my next fast day. Nope the fiber hasn't done a thing yet. Hope it doesn't wake me up tonight
Old 07-01-2014, 07:40 AM   #208  
Aloha nui loa

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post

MauiKai, are you in Hawaii? I'll bet the seafood there is better than here anyway. I miss living in Virginia where I could drive up to DC and go to the Wharf. YUM

I'm feeling good about tomorrow's weigh in. I hope I'm not setting myself up.

Not right now. We split our time between two locations. Typically to avoid winter! Haha
Old 07-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #209  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Yesterday was almost successful; I broke down and had some summer sausage and peanut butter. Scale did move downwards though, which I am happy about.

Today I am shooting for 1200 calories and working out, hard, at the gym.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #210  
~Rennie

Wow MauiKai, that sounds great I wish I had that luxury good for you

Sum yay for downward movement

My son told me he reached a new low today of 242.6 so he is coming down nicely with football. For our challenge we have decided to extend it to Sept 1st. His goal is 227 and mine is 144. Ladies to see the 140's I would shout like nobody has ever heard.