Old 07-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #211  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

MauiKaiI can't imagine there would ever be winter in Hawaii :P Where are you the other half of the time?

Sum Oh boy, summer sausage...I love it, too! Hope you have a good day today and a great workout.

Rennie Good for him! What was his starting weight? It's so awesome that you can work towards your goals together. 144 by September is totally doable, just keep it up!

I'm really struggling planning meals this week. I might just wing it at the grocery store tonight. I forgot I have off Friday and we have a BBQ to go to (pending the weather, ugh, let's hope this tropical storm doesn't hit us as a hurricane!). I should really pick up some healthier options to have on hand for the weekend. It's just too hot to cook.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #212  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

noname his highest he said, "... was 252 and lowest was 189 in 8th grade while he was wrestling ... gained like 60lbs since moving here almost two years ago" I would only need to lose 1.5lbs a week to attain this goal. Our first weigh in is Monday so we've got to be good I need the loss I had last night to happen by then . Please do post your menu, I need idea's I printed the others off. There is a possibility that we may get that storm by Friday also. I sure hope not. for all of us.

Last edited by love2b150; 07-01-2014 at 09:48 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #213  
Call me NNS!

Here's what I'm thinking so far menu wise...
Tonight: Shrimp with pesto and pasta (zoodles for me)
Weds: Chicken curry with rice
Thurs: (fast day) Shrimp or chicken pad thai (zoodles instead of noodles for me)
Friday:????? (may not have to cook if we go to the bbq, but should have a backup plan in case the bf gets called into work)

So uninspired this week!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #214  
~Rennie

I really need to get one of those zoodles gadgets
Old 07-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #215  
Call me NNS!

I just use a julienne peeler that I got on amazon.

Today was not great. I definitely over ate. I was so hungry today! I had lunch early, then some figs, then A handful of chips someone brought to work. A snack At The grocery store, a snack when I got home, dinner, so on...grrrr! So tomorrow will be another normal day and I'll fast Thursday. I think if I fasted tomorrow I would fail.

Hope everyone else had a better day than me! Tomorrow is a new day. In reality I probably at at maintenance but I try to eat at a deficit during the week so I can splurge on the weekend...
Old 07-01-2014, 11:20 PM   #216  
~Rennie

I saw one in some store I was in just laying out of place at the register (bothers me) and I started to buy it, not sure why I didn't. But I will the next time. Hoping tomorrow is a better eating day for you
Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #217  
Call me NNS!

Rennie, I really like the one I got from Amazon and it's a small company (or so they told me when I didn't give a very positive review the first time, because I couldn't get it clean). I couldn't find the name earlier. Search for "Ultra Sharp Julienne Peeler & Vegetable Peeler - Precision Kitchenware". The regular side of the peeler is SUPER SHARP. And it actually cleans up really easily with a toothbrush. Thank goodness customer service told me that or I would have thrown it out LOL

Today should be better. I packed zero snacks and I WILL NOT eat any of those gosh darn potato chips that are downstairs in this office! I have my smoothie for lunch (extra tasty with watermelon in it!). I have chicken curry in the crock pot for when I get home, and I'll be going to the gym tonight so there shouldn't be time for me to snack on things...I was up .4 today because of my overeating yesterday. I really want to see the 193s this week so gotta focus, even on non-fast days!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:28 AM   #218  
~Rennie

Thanks noname I'll check it out Your plan for today sounds great

I am fasting today, so let's hope I stick to my plan on MFP
Old 07-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #219  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Fast day for me... as long as I won't pig out tonight; day has been a successful one. Now the hard hours start. I think I am going to wait to eat dinner as late as I can. It is 5:30 pm and I am not overly hungry yet. So if I were to make till 7:30, maybe that would keep my evening eating in check.

Volunteered all day, and today was a pleasant day. There has been many unpleasant days lately. I was seriously thinking about stepping down from my chair position.

I also had my microneeling appointment; and I look so horrible right now. I look all sunburned. It takes 2-3 days before the swelling and redness goes down. BUT I swear my skin is looking MUCH better. My eyes have lost their fine lines and over all my skin looks plumper. -- it is a painful treatment though. I had tears in my eyes, even after the numbing cream. Forehead and around the lips are the most sensitive areas. -- I hope this will work

Noname I hope your day was better today! Chicken curry sounds delish! I haven't made curry in a long time, I really should make it this weekend -- Did you stay away from the chips?

Rennie How did your fast day go?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #220  
Call me NNS!

Sum How did you manage at night last night? Will that be two successful fasts for the week? I'm glad volunteering was pleasant - hopefully it stays that way!

I did very well yesterday. Stuck to my plan (no chips!), except I did have a little watermelon about 20 minutes outside of my eating window but that's okay Killed it at the gym again! I'm impressed with how quickly I'm bumping up weights and reps in my strength program. Scale rewarded me and I got to see the 193s Tomorrow should be even better because today is a fasting day. Might go out with a friend tonight to see my brother's band, so I just need to avoid drinking and I'll be okay. Then it's a long holiday weekend!
Old 07-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #221  
~Rennie

Sum, Glad your volunteer day went well I hope some of the redness and swelling goes away sooner for you My day went ok. It was a really off plan day in the afternoon but I was busy and moving before church so that was good. While out with the kids I had a Pelican Snoball and a cone from McDonald's not fast day appropriate and certainly no nutrients. I also only drank 28ozs of water yesterday, so not good. I got pizza for the kids after church and boy did it smell good but I resisted. I did eat two this morning after cutting the crust really thin so less bread. and I've already had 24ozs of water. My son and I are going to Duke Univ to walk so that should kick the pizza to the curb and I will definitely get my water in out there in the heat

great job noname ... no drinking tonight so you can see 192 tomorrow

I'm down .8 to 158.2 but like I said I didn't eat very well yesterday so it may just be a fluke.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #222  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I did not do well at night, again... Can't just get OP. A 3FC's friend Zumba told me that I was so focused on losing 30 pounds before this... So I am baffled that I can not get myself straight! I only really want to lose 10 pounds and then re-evaluate the situation.... Well today is a new day.

My trip just gets closer by the day, and I feel like I have wasted so much time already bouncing between 136 and 145... this morning I was 143.6.

I skipped bfast, and I will be having grilled chicken salad for lunch. But dinner will be a problem; we will be at fireworks and I will have all sorts of snacky goodies with me. I hope that I can maybe have a tuna wrap at home and stay away from the junk.

I look "sunburned" today. I think I can hide the redness with make up.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #223  
Call me NNS!

Rennie oh goodness, I hadn't even though it a possibility to see 192 tomorrow! That would be awesome. Good job on your water so far today - let's just keep drinking and drinking! Sounds like you did better than you thought since you had a drop. Keep it up

Oh no Sum Maybe it is time to rethink your plan? How long have you been doing 5:2 and what percentage of the time do you find you've been successful? Maybe you would be better off trying something like Fast Five? It seems like maybe you get so hungry on a fasting day that you just give in and overeat? Just some thoughts. I want to see you succeed! Have some fun tonight for the fireworks

Quite hungry today. I've already had 2 liters of water to try to quiet my stomach and it's just after noon. Really looking forward to dinner tonight, it's one of my favorites - chicken sauteed with spinach, zucchini, garlic and onion, topped with some feta cheese and plenty of hot sauce. It's always been my favorite except I used to make it with TONS of pasta and way too much feta. I find I like it almost as much without the pasta and I can make it at under 500 calories. There's plenty of leftovers for the bf so I don't have to worry about cooking something that both of us will eat.

Last edited by nonameslob; 07-03-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 245/120/135

Height: 5'4"

Default It Works!

Ladies I have been reading your posts. And I can say for me: IF WORKS. I make a variation of my own plan while incorporating the ideal and tools of the plan. I LOVE TO EAT. And I believe I am battling an addiction. It's chocolate right now. And it's new! I have always loved chocolate and it's my favorite flavor but the last 2 weeks has been like kicking a drug for me at least. Anyway...Hubby and I are out every weekend. As I cook real meals for him all week (he works hard) I take Sat Nights off from cooking and we eat out. Sunday's as well but lighter. So I do a 4/3 plan. I fast M-W-F and do my 500 calories at dinner so going a full 24 hours. I started this the last 20-25lbs of dieting as I did WW's for my first 100lbs then some calorie counting for about a month and then just transitioned into 4/3. I use this plan to maintain my weight as I mentioned...On weekends I eat. And it's not good but it's my lifestyle and I am happy with it. We eat pub food (bar food mostly) every weekend. I will have appetizer, main-Burgers-Wings and Fries or Onion Rings, an alcoholic drink or diet soda (I can't get back to full sugar soda's. Too sweet) and I will have a dessert. Because of my issues w/ chocolate lately and some recent stress with moving, family and work I have turned my attention to a couple of binges while standing at the snack cupboard (A whole new post at a later time) I also was working out up to June 1st as we moved and my activity level working on this house soared so I was burning off the cal's but not working out. I need to get back into it. However....I have not gained anything with my weekends, my binge indiscretions and lack of work outs. It may creep up on me but with my fitbit and schedule I am maintaining and enjoying my lifestyle. If an event or party or something comes up I can easily adjust. Yesterday we had a company BBQ for the 4th and I switched up to a Sun-Tues-Thurs fast. This all about paying attention Ladies and some planning. We can feel normal and eat like our "friends who never gain" most the time and feel good about ourselves and our hard work to this point. I lost over 50% of myself. 130lbs. I ain't going back and this now is working
jayavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #225  
~Rennie

Sum maybe if you don't think of it as 10lbs more and just say I have five lbs to go. I don't know who I was talking to on here but when they said that to me with regards to wanting to get to 150-155 so bad it just made since. If I try to think of it as just getting to the next 5 or 0 of the closes number it's not so bad. So focus on getting to 140, to it not passed it just yet and it may mentally make it a tad better, idk, just a thought You've made suggestions that have helped me so Ms. Lady take some of your advice. Your trip is in Sept right. Join my son and I on the 15lbs. It's 1.5 a week I think (according to the weigh in chart we made) some of the weeks may have two weigh ins because of when the first of the month falls. But still 8 weeks is 12lbs at 1.5 a week boy wouldn't I love to do that and you can to

Thanks noname it is so doable for you and I sure hope you see it and are in a new decade by next Friday My issue with yesterday is the calories/carbs were mindless and without nutrition. And honestly by last night I was starving) mentally of course. But I could have eaten anything. But I am so proud of myself for not taking the meat off of my daughters pizza. She will usually take the meat off the slices of the meat pizza after the cheese pizza is gone and give it to me and she did offer but I said nope put it in the box I honestly think that doing this with my son is gonna make it happen for me. There are a few ladies on my daily weigh in thread doing this with me/us. I'm excited. I love doing 5:2 with you and Sum when I can keep my head on straight

jayavery to the thread and thank you for your post. ... on your weight loss, WOW you've done great. How long have you been on your journey? Would you mind posting a few menu's for the week? How many calories do you eat on a regular/up day? And what do you eat on your fast day? Are you able to keep it at 500 calories?

Last edited by love2b150; 07-03-2014 at 03:33 PM.